OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 729, 730, 731 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kobe_4_mvp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:15 am    Post subject:

Kuzma 19/20 excuses
injured, no preseason
poked in the eye, goggles
rondo
more minutes, more plays
whole team is coasting before break
he’s a wing

did i miss anything?

🗑
Laker_Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:32 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Btw, it’s rather remarkable that Kuz is in his third season, many of have seen all or many of his games, and our only solutions for him to elevate his game are platitudes.

“Bring it”
“Step up”
“Be better”

Is it unclear to us why he struggles or is it more of a denial to accept why on our part?

Part of his issues revolve around decision making. I don’t think that he has that mental toughness but he can improve in that area. I noticed last game that he is now getting less top heavy on defense. After 2.5 years.

He is sort of an enigma. I find myself comparing/contrasting with Caruso's minutes to see why Kuzma is so ineffective at times while Caruso is typically effective in less minutes. The thing I keep coming back with is decision making/BBIQ, footwork and effort.

I wouldn't know if this is true but it appears he has put in very little time in on fixing or adding components to his game where he is weak because the teams were bad previously and the flaws were easier to overlook. Over this time though, I feel like he has developed bad habits like tunnel vision and poor floor reads on offense as well as developed (this season) an apparent hesitancy in his role with LBJ+AD on the court. His footwork/mechanical/awareness issues on defense have been cringe worthy regardless of role and as VLF said only recently improving - which coincidentally may be from this year's coaching changes. In any event, the result of all this has been a huge amount of inconsistency from game to game (i.e. he has to "feel it" in order to be effective on offense and if not it tends to affect his defense and overall contribution). It is 100% on him to find ways to improve.

All in all though, it's hard to be too critical with a guy on a rookie deal with what he has shown "capable of" doing on the floor. He definitely is of value to the team and deserves minutes, but therein lies the conundrum if you are trying to win games/championship. I think it is mostly how you said, the expectation many fans have of Kuzma somehow being the "3rd star" in the face of these issues is just not accepting reality on their part - he is what he is at least for the time being...
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:33 am    Post subject:

Laker_Jocker wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Btw, it’s rather remarkable that Kuz is in his third season, many of have seen all or many of his games, and our only solutions for him to elevate his game are platitudes.

“Bring it”
“Step up”
“Be better”

Is it unclear to us why he struggles or is it more of a denial to accept why on our part?

Part of his issues revolve around decision making. I don’t think that he has that mental toughness but he can improve in that area. I noticed last game that he is now getting less top heavy on defense. After 2.5 years.

He is sort of an enigma. I find myself comparing/contrasting with Caruso's minutes to see why Kuzma is so ineffective at times while Caruso is typically effective in less minutes. The thing I keep coming back with is decision making/BBIQ, footwork and effort.

I wouldn't know if this is true but it appears he has put in very little time in on fixing or adding components to his game where he is weak because the teams were bad previously and the flaws were easier to overlook. Over this time though, I feel like he has developed bad habits like tunnel vision and poor floor reads on offense as well as developed (this season) an apparent hesitancy in his role with LBJ+AD on the court. His footwork/mechanical/awareness issues on defense have been cringe worthy regardless of role and as VLF said only recently improving - which coincidentally may be from this year's coaching changes. In any event, the result of all this has been a huge amount of inconsistency from game to game (i.e. he has to "feel it" in order to be effective on offense and if not it tends to affect his defense and overall contribution). It is 100% on him to find ways to improve.

All in all though, it's hard to be too critical with a guy on a rookie deal with what he has shown "capable of" doing on the floor. He definitely is of value to the team and deserves minutes, but therein lies the conundrum if you are trying to win games/championship. I think it is mostly how you said, the expectation many fans have of Kuzma somehow being the "3rd star" in the face of these issues is just not accepting reality on their part - he is what he is at least for the time being...

The guy brought it on himself. He was talking loud all off season and all over social media acting like he’s a super star so the expectations we had for him he brought upon himself. He really hasn’t shown improvement since summer league 2017 and if he’s not scoring he’s not doing the dirty work to help us win since in his head he’s a superstar but producing like a scrub
cannga11
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:57 am    Post subject:

DAMNIT what has happened to this man's floaters and 3 pointers?

Could the basketball experts here explain to me: Are they guarding him more than when he was a rookie? How could he become so much worse? You don't forget how to shoot, do you?

I would like to be supportive and patient with him but he's getting under my nerves in a big way.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:01 am    Post subject:

Maybe some chick broke his heart and we don't know.. He seems a bit of a confidence/emotional player.. not a pure professional.. who just goes out and does what he knows he CAN do.. Kuz thinks too much and loses confidence because of it
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:11 am    Post subject:

cannga11 wrote:
DAMNIT what has happened to this man's floaters and 3 pointers?

Could the basketball experts here explain to me: Are they guarding him more than when he was a rookie? How could he become so much worse? You don't forget how to shoot, do you?

I would like to be supportive and patient with him but he's getting under my nerves in a big way.

Re: three point shooting

It’s become clear that he just had a hot few months to start and end his rookie season. He just isn’t a good three point shooter outside of the short corner three. Most of his misses from three seem to be short, so it’s looking like threes outside of the corner are just out of his range. He can keep working on it to develop that range, but for now we can’t really rely on his threes.
kobe_4_mvp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:18 am    Post subject:

So 3pt shooting is down from 29.2% in January to 26.3% in February. But its all good b/c he’s cheap right? By summer the FO won’t even be able to flip him for Terry Schaivo.
FrankUnderwood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:33 am    Post subject:

I feel like Kuz is letting the off court distractions hurt his game. He needs to stop trying to be Mr Hollywood and focus better
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:35 am    Post subject:

FrankUnderwood wrote:
I feel like Kuz is letting the off court distractions hurt his game. He needs to stop trying to be Mr Hollywood and focus better

Really scary how a lot of people saw the Clarkson vibe. He needs to be sent to Cleveland get his head on straight and it’ll help his career
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:05 am    Post subject:

kobe_4_mvp wrote:
So 3pt shooting is down from 29.2% in January to 26.3% in February. But its all good b/c he’s cheap right? By summer the FO won’t even be able to flip him for Terry Schaivo.

With Kuz's patented streakiness, I'm hoping he has a 40% month in May or June lol.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:05 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
kobe_4_mvp wrote:

With Kuz's patented streakiness, I'm hoping he has a 40% month in May or June lol.

Maybe back up sf will be the move that gets him going
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:10 am    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
FrankUnderwood wrote:

Really scary how a lot of people saw the Clarkson vibe. He needs to be sent to Cleveland get his head on straight and it’ll help his career

Except he is not even as good as Clarkson. I would be upset if they paid him at Clarkson level.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:28 pm    Post subject:

Time for Kyle to get a touch up. His roots are showing.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:40 pm    Post subject:

way too freaken inconsistent
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:59 pm    Post subject:

Who would have imagined Caruso would be ahead of Kuz in terms of consistency and impact on the game. It's really not even close.

We aren't winning a chip if he doesn't get it together, it's all in his head - he just seems way out of sync.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:23 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma defense on Tatum in 2nd half was great! Limited him to only 2 points and they came from the line!
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:32 pm    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
Who would have imagined Caruso would be ahead of Kuz in terms of consistency and impact on the game. It's really not even close.

We aren't winning a chip if he doesn't get it together, it's all in his head - he just seems way out of sync.

we? BandwagonLBJhopper?
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:33 pm    Post subject:

Did he use spray on tan?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:35 pm    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:

The whole he's going Hollywood thing is so cliche but there seems to be an element of stardom has affected his hunger. He never quite had that dog in him, but he also used to ooze fearlessness. Right now he seems to be over thinking everything.

Having said that, his D is MUCH better and he's trying to do the little things.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:38 pm    Post subject:

Gotta give him credit, he shows up in big games. +17 today
cannga11
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:40 pm    Post subject:

D and long ball still MIA, but at least he is trying and playing hard, AND scoring today. Also no maddening mistake.

Time is running out but hope springs eternal.

Last edited by cannga11 on Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:40 pm    Post subject:

Good game today Kuzma. Lakers bench won this game. Bradley, McGee, and Green combined for just ten points.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:42 pm    Post subject:

Good game. 27 min, 16 pts, 4 rebs and a game-high +17.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:43 pm    Post subject:

HUGE GAME FROM THE ... blonde guy.

Good to see him seeking contact in the post Obviously scared the crap out of Tatum with his hair on a couple of plays because Tatum wouldn't go near him
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:47 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Good game. 27 min, 16 pts, 4 rebs and a game-high +17.

💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 729, 730, 731 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 730 of 880
Jump to: