OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 730, 731, 732 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:53 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
32 wrote:
Good game. 27 min, 16 pts, 4 rebs and a game-high +17.

His per 36 stats are actually quite good
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:03 pm    Post subject:

Oh and his defense on Tatum is overlooked. I'm excited for Markieff at PF and Kuz at SF off the bench.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:26 pm    Post subject:

Good game (finally)
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:14 pm    Post subject:

Would it be a decent idea to try swapping Danny for kuz at the 2? Danny just hasn't been getting it done... But kuz is a bit big and slow for a shooting guard?

Maybe Danny would have better luck being the 6th man off the bench? Who knows..
Jenn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:54 pm    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:
Would it be a decent idea to try swapping Danny for kuz at the 2? Danny just hasn't been getting it done... But kuz is a bit big and slow for a shooting guard?

IMHO, Kuz doesn't guard NEARLY as well as DG.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:02 pm    Post subject:

Jenn wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

IMHO, Kuz doesn't guard NEARLY as well as DG.

Yeah, DG is kind of unsung on that end. You don't hear his name or notice him a lot because he is simply getting it done. Nothing flashy or amazing most of the time but he's mr. consistent at least on that end, def. not what he once was but still a very solid defender with a high bbiq which is what you want with the starters.

Kuz just loves these nationally televised games. He was awesome today, he had some great touch today on those shots around the basket which some of them were a lot more difficult then they looked. Most importantly though was his defense, he had a bad gamble or two but beyond that he was a HUGE reason why Tatum was slowed down (help defense obviously was there but he played his part about as well as you could have asked him to imo). We get this Kuz in the Playoffs and our chances def. go up. I'm hard on him a lot but I got nothing negative on this game, the effort was there all day long.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:54 pm    Post subject:

Nice game by Kuzma! Always happy to see him do well and hope he is getting the right kind of support. There are time I wonder where his head is at with some of the change he's faced this year. He played 33.1 mpg last year, an increase over the 31.2 mpg he played as a rookie. This season, heading into a summer where he is extension eligible, he's only playing 24.6 mpg. The Lakers just signed a veteran forward in Markieff Morris, which might help Kuzma slide to a more natural wing role, but will also increase the competition for minutes at the forward position.

LA's next opponent is the New Orleans Pelicans. Kuzma will be facing several former teammates in Brandon Ingram (33.9 mpg), Lonzo Ball (32.1 mpg) and Josh Hart (28.1 mpg).

For a player who has yet to get his big payday, you have to wonder if Kuzma might have preferred playing time over a less certain role on a LeBron led contender. Beyond the role reduction, LA has put a virtual wall around their 2021 cap room making an extension a long shot. He is no doubt aware of how the Julius Randle contract negotiations went, watched the team trade Russell, Nance and Clarkson to shed salary, and looking around the roster will find no one drafted by the team who received a lucrative extension.

It wouldn't be a surprise if he feels a little conflicted about his current situation.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:07 pm    Post subject:

I thought the Celtic game was Kuz's best game in a while. He came out aggressive offensively, and had some nice moments defensively in the second half.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:

For a player who has yet to get his big payday, you have to wonder if Kuzma might have preferred playing time over a less certain role on a LeBron led contender. Beyond the role reduction, LA has put a virtual wall around their 2021 cap room making an extension a long shot. He is no doubt aware of how the Julius Randle contract negotiations went, watched the team trade Russell, Nance and Clarkson to shed salary, and looking around the roster will find no one drafted by the team who received a lucrative extension.

It wouldn't be a surprise if he feels a little conflicted about his current situation.

Yeah, I'm thinking he'd probably want a bigger role on a lesser team to (as he has said in interviews this year) "establish himself". He's probably looking to showcase himself and get a nice contract since most of his peers make way more than he does right now.
dumpaling
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Nice game by Kuzma! Always happy to see him do well and hope he is getting the right kind of support. There are time I wonder where his head is at with some of the change he's faced this year. He played 33.1 mpg last year, an increase over the 31.2 mpg he played as a rookie. This season, heading into a summer where he is extension eligible, he's only playing 24.6 mpg. The Lakers just signed a veteran forward in Markieff Morris, which might help Kuzma slide to a more natural wing role, but will also increase the competition for minutes at the forward position.

LA's next opponent is the New Orleans Pelicans. Kuzma will be facing several former teammates in Brandon Ingram (33.9 mpg), Lonzo Ball (32.1 mpg) and Josh Hart (28.1 mpg).

People keep saying this but Kuzma SHOULD have been getting at least 5 minutes more per game at SF, and those 3 guard lineups with Caruso, Rondo, and KCP,Green,Bradley should never have been a thing...I don't understand how bringing in another pf is somehow going to make Kuzma get more minutes at Sf.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:19 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

Yeah, I'm thinking he'd probably want a bigger role on a lesser team to (as he has said in interviews this year) "establish himself". He's probably looking to showcase himself and get a nice contract since most of his peers make way more than he does right now.

The best way to establish himself is to play well on a championship team.

42 years ago, there was a Kuz-like player named Mitch Kupchak. Mitch was behind a 4X All Star & 2 HOF in Bobby Dandridge (SF), Elvin Hayes (PF) and Wes Unseld (C). Mitch wasn't as good as any of those guys - but came off the bench and played all 3 positions, killing it in 20-25 minutes per game. Washington was a perennial Finals contender and Mitch put up fantastically deceptive numbers. He wasn't a great rebounder or defender, but made himself passable in both categories. Where he excelled, though, was in capitalizing on all of the attention that Hayes & Dandridge received and he put up great offensive numbers as the 6th Man.

He played in back to back Finals and when he became a free agent, teams threw money at him and the Lakers signed him to a huge (at the time) contract plus gave up a ton in compensation (you couldn't sign FAs outright in those days unless they were officially released).

That should be Kuz' path - but he has to play better.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:16 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Bill Oram
@billoram

Markieff Morris just said he is trying to come in and be “the X-factor” for the Lakers and that his presence will allow Kuzma to spend more time at “his natural position” at the 3.

Is the 3 really Kuz's natural position?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Kobe_Is_King13
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:34 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Quote:
Bill Oram
@billoram

Markieff Morris just said he is trying to come in and be “the X-factor” for the Lakers and that his presence will allow Kuzma to spend more time at “his natural position” at the 3.

I definitely think his skill set is much better suited for the 3. He's also got a height advantage over most 3s. I like the move a lot.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:37 am    Post subject:

SF Kuz, let's go.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:38 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Quote:
Bill Oram
@billoram

I like this guy coming in with the mindset to help this squad. I hope he does well.
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:44 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
SF Kuz, let's go.

Totally agree. I think he's much more suited to get his shot off against backup 3's than backup 4's. I think Markieff enables him to have much better spacing.

Hoping the 2nd unit looks more like this:

Caruso
KCP
Kuz
Kieff
AD

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:53 am    Post subject:

Keff's spacing will provide us with a stretch big that we sorely needed. This will mean Dwight/Jav's minutes will collectively be reduced when we start seeing the sweet spacing that Keef brings.

In fact, I think Jav will end up playing 10mpg ish. Dwight will play more minutes as customary. But net wise, Keef will eat into their minutes in a good way IMO. AD could use every bit of spacing especially when he's paired with Rondo who hurts spacing.
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:53 am    Post subject:

Likely a Kuzma gets resigned next year at $3 million, and quite possibly it is his last year as a Laker.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:03 pm    Post subject:

Kobe_Is_King13 wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Quote:
Bill Oram
@billoram

I definitely think his skill set is much better suited for the 3. He's also got a height advantage over most 3s. I like the move a lot.

I'd like to see it.
He definitely doesn't seem like he has great technique and strength to handle big PFs. However, at the same time, I felt playing the 4 gave him a speed advantage on offense. Hopefully he limits the number of charges per game against smaller players.

I think he could have a field day cutting and sealing smalls for easy buckets. He also might stop rebounding on defense and just release more often for potential transition points. But again, I'm hoping for the best, but we shall have to see.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
cencio_999
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:07 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Quote:
Bill Oram
@billoram

If Marlieff say so...
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:08 pm    Post subject:

If ever Kuz is going to carpe diem...now's the time.

Very excited to see him at the 3 with all systems go.

Good Luck Blonde Mamba...I have a REAL good feeling about him with Keef.

#BannersOverBillboards
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:10 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:

That front line of 6'10" guys is interesting.

Kuzma - Markieff - Dwight.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:10 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Quote:
Bill Oram
@billoram

I like this guy coming in with the mindset to help this squad. I hope he does well.

Kuz is definitely not a 4 (or 5 Luke)...love the vibe Keef is already bringing.

LETS GO 88!

#17ForTheMamba!!!!

#BannersOverBillboards
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:11 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers seem to think Kuz is a 3. Kuz was asked after the last game and he said he’s a wing. So let’s see what the kid can do.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:13 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:

That front line of 6'10" guys is interesting.

Kuzma - Markieff - Dwight.

Lotta length against 2nd units. Lotta ability to switch when necessary. Lotta spacing for Kuz to go to work. His time is now or never.

Most pumped I've been for him all year. Kuz can own the 2nd unit now. The situation is perfect for him.PERFECT.

#BannersOverBillboards
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 730, 731, 732 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 731 of 880
Jump to: