OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 733, 734, 735 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:53 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
GTL wrote:
Kuz was recently spotted at a Clippers game

When you want a change of scenery, but not beyond the home court floor design.

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:55 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
You guys are talking about a trade after the fact. At the time of the trade, I'm pretty sure the majority liked Kuz better than Hart because of the year he's just had.

Now you guys are flip flopping like pancake. You can't fault Rob for not seeing that keeping Hart was better. Nobody could tell at the time.

Yet some of us said so at the time
chickenjoy24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:25 pm    Post subject:

Watched Jayson Tatum's interview during BOS vs UTAH on ESPN. Tatum said the game has slowed down for him and it really shows. He plays calm and under control.

Kuz seems like the opposite, he's got too much nervous energy, too tense. Seems like he's overthinking instead of just playing basketball.
LakersPimp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:25 am    Post subject:

Brandon Ingram has been balling....im sure if Kuzma was to leave LA...he would put up nice stats when given some space to make mistakes... Lebron and AD are given the greenest of ropes...and everyone else is a role player. Thats on coaching IMO. Pop would have everyone on a string!! But...its the NBA and talent supersedes coaching. Kuzma needs plays to be successful....at least at this point of his career...and the Lakers are the Lebron/Davis/Rondo system. I feel bad for him...because i see his fire...but its being extinguished in LA.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:41 am    Post subject:

LakersPimp wrote:
Brandon Ingram has been balling....im sure if Kuzma was to leave LA...he would put up nice stats when given some space to make mistakes... Lebron and AD are given the greenest of ropes...and everyone else is a role player.

Same token if Brandon Ingram had stayed with the Lakers. He wouldn’t be getting as much minutes and freedom as he is getting now in New Orleans. He would probably do much better than Kuz, but it would be tough for BI to be an All-Star this season if he stayed. Not even sure if Vogel would’ve made him a starter or used him as the 6th man.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:55 pm    Post subject:

LakersPimp wrote:
Brandon Ingram has been balling....im sure if Kuzma was to leave LA...he would put up nice stats when given some space to make mistakes... Lebron and AD are given the greenest of ropes...and everyone else is a role player. Thats on coaching IMO. Pop would have everyone on a string!! But...its the NBA and talent supersedes coaching. Kuzma needs plays to be successful....at least at this point of his career...and the Lakers are the Lebron/Davis/Rondo system. I feel bad for him...because i see his fire...but its being extinguished in LA.

He can have all the fire he wants. He needs some skills and consistency to gain more minutes. He's has not earned anything.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:37 pm    Post subject:

Ooooooof

https://twitter.com/Tim_NBA/status/1233132946695041029?s=19
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:39 pm    Post subject:

Better in every single way. Unbelievable. It's impossible to know if the FO is really this bad at assessing its own talent or just that bad at developing it.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:49 pm    Post subject:

So .. one of the (few) instances where Magic actually made the right call? (in drafting Wagner)

pjiddy wrote:
Better in every single way. Unbelievable. It's impossible to know if the FO is really this bad at assessing its own talent or just that bad at developing it.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:44 pm    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
So .. one of the (few) instances where Magic actually made the right call? (in drafting Wagner)

pjiddy wrote:

I will eat (bleep) on Wagner. He didn't stand out to me all that much in college. Every time he was on the floor last year he looked completely lost and I didn't see single thing he did well. Tbf, I was already biased against him cuz I thought we blew it not taking Melton. But yeah... Whether it was Rob or Magic (I think it was Rob?) he has been good.

Unfortunately that insight did not prevail when Wagner was a straight salary dump while Rob "fought" to hold onto Kuz.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:51 pm    Post subject:

I whiffed on Moe as well, he is becoming a much better player than I thought he would. I wouldn’t say that Kuzma is better than I thought he would be but he is getting much more leash than I would have ever given him.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:13 pm    Post subject:

I don't wanna hear anything about the coupling of his minutes with Rondo's. Dude has no basketball skills.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:07 pm    Post subject:

So this game was the first game where Kuz got extended minutes at the SF spot.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:11 pm    Post subject:

It must be mental with Kuzma. He balled out in 2 games now without Lebron and with extended minutes and responsibilities.

Would love for him to play like this when everyone's healthy
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:13 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
It must be mental with Kuzma. He balled out in 2 games now without Lebron and with extended minutes and responsibilities.

It is mental. He's certainly shown flashes, but has yet to put it together on a consistent basis and on a specific role.
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:19 pm    Post subject:

panamaniac wrote:
drae wrote:

It is mental. He's certainly shown flashes, but has yet to put it together on a consistent basis and on a specific role.

Hard for any scorer to be consistent if they have poor handles.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:44 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/unwrittenrul3s/status/1233294069356326918?s=21

Quote:
Kyle Kuzma played 19 of his 28 minutes next to Markieff Morris. Don't think its a coincidence all of his 18 points came with him on the court (plus only sharing 6 minutes with Rondo). Love the spacing on these to get him going on the ball downhill, and not just be a spot up guy.

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:50 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
https://twitter.com/unwrittenrul3s/status/1233294069356326918?s=21

Quote:
Kyle Kuzma played 19 of his 28 minutes next to Markieff Morris. Don't think its a coincidence all of his 18 points came with him on the court (plus only sharing 6 minutes with Rondo). Love the spacing on these to get him going on the ball downhill, and not just be a spot up guy.

The situations in which Kuz performs above "ineffective" become increasingly specific.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:52 pm    Post subject:

And we picked Markieff up for practically nothing

Such a great stroke of luck
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:53 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:

pjiddy wrote:

I will eat (bleep) on Wagner. He didn't stand out to me all that much in college. Every time he was on the floor last year he looked completely lost and I didn't see single thing he did well. Tbf, I was already biased against him cuz I thought we blew it not taking Melton. But yeah... Whether it was Rob or Magic (I think it was Rob?) he has been good.

Unfortunately that insight did not prevail when Wagner was a straight salary dump while Rob "fought" to hold onto Kuz.

Do you believe Moe produces the same on this team if he got Kuz's minutes?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:09 am    Post subject:

Nice little scoring game from Kuzma today. We need him to do it against better teams and more consistently, and when Lebron and AD are playing. But hopefully a nice confidence builder for him.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:59 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:

pjiddy wrote:

Nope. Mo is just an undersized Center. TBryant is better than him. Also he is injury prone.
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:11 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:

Not a chance and his player thread would be full of people moaning about how he can't defend worth a damn and we let Kuzma go when he's averaging 20ppg for the Wizards.

I've never understood the fascination on this board of what players we let go are doing and then inevitably crying about. It achieves nothing. People used to cry about Randle when he was playing on the Pels last year. He's STILL averaging 20/10 but the Knicks suck so nobody gives much of a (bleep).

The Wizards have Wagner, Bonga, Williams, Bryant and Gary Payton II who we have given playing time to in the past and they all have decent counting stats but they are on a Wizards team that is 15 games below .500 and absolute dead last in most defensive metrics. They allow 120 points PER GAME. A figure the Lakers have allowed 8 times out of 57 games played. It isn't hard to put up numbers when you're literally playing one side of the ball.

There have been 2 players we ever gave up that I think will amount to something in this league; Ingram and Russell. We gave up Ingram for a generational talent and Russel for...cap space? I think? Whatever.

We gave Wagner and Bonga away for nothing because they weren't worth anything and neither of them, nor any other of the players on the Wizards we let go are ever gonna come back to haunt us. At best they'll be overpaid on bad teams like Randle and Nance (and Bryant actually, come to think of it). At worst they'll be out of the league by the end of their contracts.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:27 am    Post subject:

BI or Hart or Moe would produce similarly to Kuzma/KCP/DG/AB, it’s the way the minutes are allocated and the way the ball runs thru LeBron-Rondo-AD, everybody else not ask to create shot too often
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:25 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
BI or Hart or Moe would produce similarly to Kuzma/KCP/DG/AB, it’s the way the minutes are allocated and the way the ball runs thru LeBron-Rondo-AD, everybody else not ask to create shot too often

Disagree on BI but agree that Moe, Lonzo, Hart, etc would not produce numbers wise here.

BI at point here would be insane but that was never a possibility.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 733, 734, 735 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 734 of 880
Jump to: