OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 767, 768, 769 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:51 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Kobe_Is_King13 wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Why are you guys so mad at him? Lol.
He wasn't bad today, was he?

No. He played a decent game. It's literally ONE possession that people are complaining about. Not Rondo missing him wide open on a fast break with a chance to cut the lead to 1. Not Caruso going 1 for 7 and getting scored on consistently by Morris and Murray.....

Just Kuzma's one possession

The guy had 1 board in 26 minutes. There were plays he was cherry picking while his man MPJ was grabbing boards.
Don't care he missed a shot. I do care Danny green forgot how to shoot. But that's a whole other convo.

I can't single him out for his lack of boards. Dwight/AD/Mcgee combined for 4 rebounds...half as many as Jamal Murray alone. They're supposed to be a strength for us...can't have that.

The team just laid an egg. Zero effort for 3 quarters and it was too little too late. Frustrating loss to swallow.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:58 am    Post subject:

I'm not blaming him for the loss, but that shot... You gotta make it.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:41 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:

You're 100% right....wide open look. Lets face it at this point in his career he's no better than Devean George.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:49 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
danzag wrote:

You're 100% right....wide open look. Lets face it at this point in his career he's no better than Devean George.

at least George could D up.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:26 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
I can't single him out for his lack of boards. Dwight/AD/Mcgee combined for 4 rebounds...half as many as Jamal Murray alone. They're supposed to be a strength for us...can't have that.

The team just laid an egg. Zero effort for 3 quarters and it was too little too late. Frustrating loss to swallow.

I agree Kuzma wasn't the only one not grabbing boards.
Pau Gasol's Beard
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:30 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

But he bricked a wide open shot which he almost always does anyways. A paid professional getting paid millions to shoot for a living.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:37 am    Post subject:

Pau Gasol's Beard wrote:
kikanga wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

But he bricked a wide open shot which he almost always does anyways. A paid professional getting paid millions to shoot for a living.

to be fair, outside shooting was never one of Kuzma's traits. oh wait, then what is? i honestly can't think of one thing he does well regularly.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:54 am    Post subject:

If you do not want to shoot when you are wide the (bleep) open, sit the (bleep) down on the bench because you do not belong on the floor.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:03 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Pau Gasol's Beard wrote:
kikanga wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

to be fair, outside shooting was never one of Kuzma's traits. oh wait, then what is? i honestly can't think of one thing he does well regularly.

he is getting paid 1.97m while D Green is getting paid 15m and has been trash all playoffs.

but hey lets pile up on a guy who had 11/1/1 in 26mmins 4-7 and 1-2 from 3pt line.

his only 2 mistakes were 1 TO to Rondo and that hesitation on the 3pt shot.

while totally ignoring how Murray targeted Green in 2nd half and went at him

genius
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:10 am    Post subject:

Kuzma should never be the reason that you win or lose. He is what he has always been, a fringe rotation player on a good team or a good player on a bad team. He isn’t a player that other teams game plan against and you typically don’t blame him for losses.
NBAFAN24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:35 pm    Post subject:

It was just one game. Kuzma is still the future. Kuzma is the best player on the team and the best player ever. They need to let him take all the shots in Game 4.
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:44 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma is not the future. This is not a knee jerk reaction but the lakers need to move on from him. He is not worth the money he is going to demand and they should've traded him earlier when his value was over inflated. I think Kuz/DG/2020 FRP (if we can trade it) can fetch us some good value in the open market

With that said we are in the midst of a championship run. What he does provide at an elite level is movement off the ball. I hope when he is out there he does this more rather than linger out on the perimeter where he is hardly a threat
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:47 pm    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:
Kuzma is not the future. This is not a knee jerk reaction but the lakers need to move on from him. He is not worth the money he is going to demand and they should've traded him earlier when his value was over inflated. I think Kuz/DG/2020 FRP (if we can trade it) can fetch us some good value in the open market

With that said we are in the midst of a championship run. What he does provide at an elite level is movement off the ball. I hope when he is out there he does this more rather than linger out on the perimeter where he is hardly a threat

who are these good values (bout $20mil/yr)? Read a lot of responses, not enough for Lavine/Hield/Beal, somewhere in the ball park of Tim Hardaway Jr... prob lateral move
Kjj10697X
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:09 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Inverse wrote:

who are these good values (bout $20mil/yr)? Read a lot of responses, not enough for Lavine/Hield/Beal, somewhere in the ball park of Tim Hardaway Jr... prob lateral move

For $20M per year, who would we want....Kuz or Julius? I go with Kuz.
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:25 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Inverse wrote:

I would take Bogdanovic from the Kings. They were interested in Kuz. He'd be a great fit here
cannga11
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:54 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
cannga11 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
cannga11 wrote:
KBandKB wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
Saw Bad Kuz out there again tonight. Dumbass needs to learn how to play within the offense and stop acting like he's a star. He gets sucked into 1on1 battles with scrubs like MPJ from the other team. Just awful play after awful play from this guy, and he was lucky to not get benched. His play alone almost cost us this game.

I don't think the the one on one plays were the problem. There was only one of those. The rest of the shots he missed were actually wide open threes. He did a good job cutting to the basket again which is how he ended up with a few points.

It was the turnovers that were the problem and a couple missed rotations on defense. He had butterfingers today from passes by Rondo.

Yep bad Kuz was back. Missed every crucial (and OPEN) 3 pointer, running over people, butter fingers, turnovers. The whole gory repertoire was on display.

Kuz is no "third guy." Think I just have to resign to the fact that he will never become a polished bb player. Then it's less painful to watch him.

Yeah, we got bad Kuz tonight for sure. He was terrible. Need him to step it back up.

Add "if a shot is important I am going to miss it" to the repertoire. Just like our dear Sasha of many years ago.

All the signs of a weak basketball player. We really should not be surprised by his (bleep) play anymore.

Sasha hit those 2 free throws, he is forgiven

No argument there.

MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:16 pm    Post subject:

he keeps giving effort like that then the title of the thread is gonna change again, from HELL YA to HELL NA
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:02 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Pau Gasol's Beard wrote:
kikanga wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

Bag models?
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:43 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:

I’d be okay with him missing. That happens. What was so terrible was that it was clear that he didn’t want it and thus made it way harder than it needed to be. He’s been scared - happened the last game too when he was fumbling the ball away. It’s understandable; it’s his first ever playoffs and not everyone can meet that challenge like Tyler Herro, but we need more from him.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:29 am    Post subject:

Kjj10697X wrote:
governator wrote:
Inverse wrote:

You pay Kuzma $20 mil a year and you are itching to be fired.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:20 am    Post subject:

no team is paying Kuzma 20m/year
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:40 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Kjj10697X wrote:
governator wrote:
Inverse wrote:

You pay Kuzma $20 mil a year and you are itching to be fired.

Not Kuz at $20mil, Kuz/Green/1st rd pick salary can get a $20mil salary in return
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:32 am    Post subject:

Of all our youngsters

Lonzo, D'Angelo, Randle, Ingram, Clarkson, Kuzma.

Kuzma is the weakest, and he's the one still here while one of the others became an all-star, and the other just won MIP. He had an impressive rookie season(like Clarkson) and then fell off shooting wise and defensively.

He shot 36.6% from three his rookie season, the second season he shot 30%, this third season he's shot 31%.

The same posters that were so sure that our youngsters would never get better or improve their shooting at 20-21 years of age, are looking at Kuzma at 25 and still saying he's a shooter.

They say Kuzma is a three point threat, and that Lonzo can't hit the broad side of a barn and won't ever get better.

Meanwhile Lonzo's three went from 30% to 37.5% in three seasons, but he still "can't shoot". Lonzo's 22.

Kuzma's three went from 36.6% to 31% in three seasons, but he'll "come around". Kuzma's 25.

I say he's a power forward version of Jordan Clarkson... but in all honesty, Jordan Clarkson has been more consistent across a longer career. We know who he is, he's a 13-15ppg 6th man that is good for 45% from the field and 36% from three. I wish Kuzma was even that.

I think the Kuzma experiment is done, he is who he is. We either accept that and try to find a way to maximize it, or move on from him by this point.

Last edited by MJST on Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:46 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Of all our youngsters

Lonzo, D'Angelo, Randle, Ingram, Kuzma.

Kuzma is the weakest, and he's the one still here while one of the others became an all-star, and the other just won WIP. He had an impressive rookie season(like Clarkson) and then fell off shooting wise and defensively.

He shot 36.6% from three his rookie season, the second season he shot 30%, this third season he's shot 31%.

The same posters that were so sure that our youngsters would never get better or improve their shooting at 20-21 years of age, are looking at Kuzma at 25 and still saying he's a shooter.

They say Kuzma is a three point threat, and that Lonzo can't hit the broad side of a barn and won't ever get better.

Meanwhile Lonzo's three went from 30% to 37.5% in three seasons, but he still "can't shoot". Lonzo's 22.

Kuzma's three went from 36.6% to 31% in three seasons, but he'll "come around". Kuzma's 25.

I think the Kuzma experiment is done, he is who he is. We either accept that and try to find a way to maximize it, or move on from him by this point.

These takes are ridiculous. He finally has shown he can play good defense and has improved his 3 point shooting to 37.5% in the bubble against stiff competition. Nobody wants julius randle and nobody, not even the pelicans, wants lonzo ball.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:06 am    Post subject:

Ksig wrote:
MJST wrote:
Of all our youngsters

Lonzo, D'Angelo, Randle, Ingram, Kuzma.

Kuzma is the weakest, and he's the one still here while one of the others became an all-star, and the other just won WIP. He had an impressive rookie season(like Clarkson) and then fell off shooting wise and defensively.

These takes are ridiculous. He finally has shown he can play good defense and has improved his 3 point shooting to 37.5% in the bubble against stiff competition. Nobody wants julius randle and nobody, not even the pelicans, wants lonzo ball.

Kuzma's shooting 31.8% from three in the bubble, not 37.5% and his steal and block rate are lower than they were during the actual season. And Kuzma played good defense for a total of about 3 games. He is now back to looking like the same ole Kuzma we always knew he was.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 767, 768, 769 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 768 of 880
Jump to: