OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 836, 837, 838 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:54 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
waterman40 wrote:
Doing whatever it takes to win. Gotta love the willingness to do whatever his team needs. Kuzma now is sort of like the Larry Nance of the Lakers.

Although I would take Nance over Kuz in a trade.

I'd prefer Mitchell Robinson.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:02 am    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
He should continue focusing doing the dirty works, his scoring will come naturally.

He's learning now, he's not low iq like what I thought.

Meanwhile boneheaded McGee tried to dribble coast to coast earlier that led to a TO and lakers bucket. Guess some low bball iq player will always ba like that. But Kuzma has proving me wrong as of now. Hopefully he keep this up.

When we talk bballIQ, it pretty much means players who "see" the whole game as it unfolds. Players, otoh, who have a low bballIQ, are only able to grasp certain aspects of the game.

I noticed a pattern about Kuz from the start. He could only do one thing well at a time. If he rebounded well, his scoring dropped. If he scored well, his rebounding dropped. Defense was another subject all together.

He's now maturing into being able to excel at more than one aspect of the game at a time. Couple that with the financial security of a new contract, and we have a maturing baller whose best fit will always be with the savants of the game like LeBron or Rondo.
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:41 am    Post subject:

I like what kuz is bringing to the table this year than danny green last year. Personal prefernce maybe.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:46 am    Post subject:

lurklurk wrote:
I like what kuz is bringing to the table this year than danny green last year. Personal prefernce maybe.

You know I hadn't really thought of Kuz taking over Danny - Wes has always been the comparison, but you have a valid point. Kuz is pretty much giving everything Danny was last year - equal or better. Only thing Danny beats this year's Kuz on is team-D - but not by much.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:14 am    Post subject:

For Kuz really to be worth keeping over his contract, he needs to be trusted for more than he is right now. He needs to be that guy you put on Kawhi or an elite wing in closing or the main core lineups. We never really trust him to be that guy, but I would love for him to become that guy.

What he brings to the table right now is solid, but very easily replaceable. Now if he can start playing closing minutes with AD-Bron-KCP, now you are talking real value. Because on paper Kuz has the ability to stretch the floor, cut, get out on defensive rotations and match up with a big wing. Yet, we do not really trust him to be that guy .... based on his past IQ. If he develops into someone the Lakers can trust in that role ... the contract is steal. Otherwise, I would think of moving him next summer to ensure we are able to keep guards like Alex, THT, Dennis.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:19 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
For Kuz really to be worth keeping over his contract, he needs to be trusted for more than he is right now. He needs to be that guy you put on Kawhi or an elite wing in closing or the main core lineups. We never really trust him to be that guy, but I would love for him to become that guy.

What he brings to the table right now is solid, but very easily replaceable. Now if he can start playing closing minutes with AD-Bron-KCP, now you are talking real value. Because on paper Kuz has the ability to stretch the floor, cut, get out on defensive rotations and match up with a big wing. Yet, we do not really trust him to be that guy .... based on his past IQ. If he develops into someone the Lakers can trust in that role ... the contract is steal. Otherwise, I would think of moving him next summer to ensure we are able to keep guards like Alex, THT, Dennis.

The saving grace for him is that those guys are all guards, while he is really one of the few guys who can play several positions due to his size.
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:58 am    Post subject:

Kuz’s new contract is perfect for the lakers as it functions essentially like a deadline for his improvement. His current contract is a steal for this year hence it is not wise to trade him right away. His new contract on the other hand is very tradeable, unless kuz improves again to make it a steal for the lakers next year.

I think this fact is not lost on kuz, and i think his shift on how he plays his role this year is evidence that he is focused on outplaying his contract and staying a laker.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:16 am    Post subject:

Kuzma turning from an offensive black hole in rookie season to a “does every other thing to make an impact with occasional scoring” forward version of Alex Caruso.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Kuzma turning from an offensive black hole in rookie season to a “does every other thing to make an impact with occasional scoring” forward version of Alex Caruso.

Kuzma is doing *great* this year HOWEVER Caruso is just on a different level defensively/IQ-wise.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:23 pm    Post subject:

[Alex Regla]I just wanted to acknowledge a few really encouraging trends for Kyle Kuzma thus far

His 40% shooting from three to start the year would be a career high, as would his current BLK% fgOR% (offensive rebound rate | 97th percentile among forwards) and fgDR% (defensive rebound rate)

link
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:32 pm    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
[Alex Regla]encouraging trends for Kyle Kuzma thus far

His 40% shooting from three to start the year would be a career high, as would his current BLK% fgOR% (offensive rebound rate | 97th percentile among forwards) and fgDR% (defensive rebound rate)

link

The great thing about all that is what he has been doing thus far this season is all completely sustainable if the effort is there because the talent and athletic ability def. is.

My only big complaint so far is that i'd like to see him get more easy baskets off cuts to the basket especially when he shares court time with Lebron or Gasol. That should be a guaranteed basket or two every game kind of like lobs last year to Dwight and McGee.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:07 pm    Post subject:

Ugly game today. On to the next.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Frantic Kuz tonight. Lacked focus too.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Well there goes Kuz. He's really inconsistent even in doing dirty works. Sometime he's lock in, sometime he's not interesed.

Maybe Lakers should think trading him now for a PF who can defend big SF and can also defend some of big men, like PJ Tucker. Houston is in rebuildibg mode, I think they will consider taking Kuzma.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:05 am    Post subject:

I am almost sure he will be traded until trade deadline. Not giving much for the team right now.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:12 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
I am almost sure he will be traded until trade deadline. Not giving much for the team right now.

They would rather give his minutes to AC and THT if they dont wanna trade him. At least AC brings much for the team in every minutes he's in rather that risk it to Kuzma who they dont know what they are getting when he's in.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:48 am    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
Well there goes Kuz. He's really inconsistent even in doing dirty works. Sometime he's lock in, sometime he's not interesed.

Maybe Lakers should think trading him now for a PF who can defend big SF and can also defend some of big men, like PJ Tucker. Houston is in rebuildibg mode, I think they will consider taking Kuzma.

I don't think he will be traded. But someone like Larry Nance would be amazing for him.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:03 am    Post subject:

I'm just sick and tired of the inconsistency of these mid level Lakers.

Kuzma and KCP annoy the hell out of me. If you are a NBA professional getting paid the kind of money they get, you can't have 1-for shooting nights. Sick of it. You play against a NBA Finals caliber team, you bring your best effort. Shooting 3 or 4 shots for these bigtime games and making only one of them is something you can tolerate for a rookie, or a minimum paid player. Not these guys that sign on to these 8 digit contracts.

Both these guys scored 3 points each, yet they roll up to practices in brand new exotic sports cars. Sick of this mentality of tolerance of subpar performances.
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:10 am    Post subject:

Everyone experiences on and off nights in the long regular season. Kuz is still a young player. He in on the right track.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:06 am    Post subject:

Sina wrote:
Everyone experiences on and off nights in the long regular season. Kuz is still a young player. He in on the right track.

More off nights than on though. If he has an off night once in every 5 games that will be ok. But 3 off nights out of 5 games that is hard to tolerate.
BruceLee-Bron23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:44 pm    Post subject:

Well the prodigy Kuzma that u all love so much around here got to start today lets see if he makes ya’ll proud. I still think he should get traded or at least busted down to water boy no matter how well he does tonight. He could drop 40 pts and I wouldn’t trust the guy.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:03 pm    Post subject:

BruceLee-Bron23 wrote:
Well the prodigy Kuzma that u all love so much around here got to start today lets see if he makes ya’ll proud. I still think he should get traded or at least busted down to water boy no matter how well he does tonight. He could drop 40 pts and I wouldn’t trust the guy.

This did not age well.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:03 pm    Post subject:

I think Kuz seems to play better without AD (as opposed to LBJ) and when he has start in his place.
BruceLee-Bron23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:35 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
BruceLee-Bron23 wrote:

This did not age well.

HaHa Like I said...Even if he scored 40 does not mean he’ll ever be consistent and be there at the moments when he’s most needed.
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:25 pm    Post subject:

Yea they coasting lol
https://mobile.twitter.com/LakersReporter/status/1355008173086662658
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 836, 837, 838 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 837 of 880
Jump to: