OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 108, 109, 110 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:29 pm    Post subject:

Kuz is getting frozen out playing with black holes JC and JR. Its like these guys are playing for their next contracts because they know they probably won’t be on the team next year. Luke has to start Kuz or Randle. I dont know why he’s starting Nance. Starting unit looks awful with him.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:38 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
Kuz is getting frozen out playing with black holes JC and JR. Its like these guys are playing for their next contracts because they know they probably won’t be on the team next year. Luke has to start Kuz or Randle. I dont know why he’s starting Nance. Starting unit looks awful with him.

I think most of know this narrative is not true.
Julius and JC made passes to Kuz.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:59 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:

Preseason shots per game:

Kuzma: 12
Lopez: 10.7
Ingram: 10.4
Randle: 10.3
KCP: 8.2
Clarkson: 8
MedRomLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:41 am    Post subject:

if this is a normal bad game from him I'll take it, especially that behind the back reverse layup kuzgod shows us something new every game

4/30/14 the day the ant left the building!!!!!!
Triangle_Offense
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:04 am    Post subject:

Well, he had a bad game. It was bound to happen. The key now is how he responds to it. We get to see some of his mental toughness now in the next game. Hopefully he doesn't dwell on it too much.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:32 am    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
Kuz is getting frozen out playing with black holes JC and JR.

No... he's not.
oldlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:25 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
Kuz is getting frozen out playing with black holes JC and JR.

No... he's not.

How can someone who is leading the team in scoring be frozen out? If you don't like JR or JC that is okay but we don't need to make stuff up
tnell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:34 am    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:

Good Lord y'all Kuz stans are starting to sound like those Jeremy Lin stans from a few years ago. This isn't high school ball. Nobody is freezing anybody out on the court. Randle and JC were passing him the ball but he was just missing. He had a off shooting night. It happens you know.
lonzobryant
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:52 am    Post subject:

tnell wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:

Good Lord y'all Kuz stans are starting to sound like those Jeremy Lin stans from a few years ago. This isn't high school ball. Nobody is freezing anybody out on the court. Randle and JC were passing him the ball but he was just missing. He had a off shooting night. It happens you know.

Nah there is some truth to what he is saying. Early in the game, Randle bullied his way into the lane and drew a foul instead of passing to Kuzma for the open 3. It doesn't matter who was standing in that spot cause Randle would've made that same play which is one of his faults.

We got two players who almost for sure are auditioning for other teams Randle and KCP... which could lead to some hero ball. And Clarkson likes to play a lot of iso ball. We just need Lonzo to play and control the game and tempo.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:11 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:

The problem was that Jules made bone headed passes to Kuz...like the fast break giving it to him on the wing at mid-court instead of just taking it down the middle and forcing the D to commit.

TO and Kuz got knocked down...you could see the look on his face like, 'Why in the hell you pass me the ball right there?'

I just don't have any faith in JCs or Jules BB IQ anymore...super athletic players who never consistently play to their strengths or put their arms up on defense.

Career high level scoring 2's IMO and that's fine...but Kuz is a 1 and needs to have as much time with Lonzo as possible IMO.

#BannersOverBillboards
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:

Thank isn’t what is happening, Randle is finding him and the two are developing a good 2 man game. He isn’t getting frozen out, he is just missing shots.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:56 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:

Thank isn’t what is happening, Randle is finding him and the two are developing a good 2 man game. He isn’t getting frozen out, he is just missing shots.

I agree that Randle wasn't freezing him out, but a two-man game? What action did they run together? There's more chemistry between Randle and JC on that lob he's throwing when JC posts up.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:

lol what games are you watching? He literally shoots the most on the team. You want him to get 20 attempts per game off the bench? Lol
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject:

lonzobryant wrote:
tnell wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:

Nah there is some truth to what he is saying. Early in the game, Randle bullied his way into the lane and drew a foul instead of passing to Kuzma for the open 3. It doesn't matter who was standing in that spot cause Randle would've made that same play which is one of his faults.

We got two players who almost for sure are auditioning for other teams Randle and KCP... which could lead to some hero ball. And Clarkson likes to play a lot of iso ball. We just need Lonzo to play and control the game and tempo.

You don’t know what you’re talking about. What’s wrong with Julius driving into the lane and drawing the foul (he made both free throws)? Both are the correct plays. Some of y’all reaching Lin levels of fandom with Kuz lol
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
tnell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:25 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
lonzobryant wrote:
tnell wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:

You don’t know what you’re talking about. What’s wrong with Julius driving into the lane and drawing the foul (he made both free throws)? Both are the correct plays. Some of y’all reaching Lin levels of fandom with Kuz lol

Apparently the offense gotta run through Kuz lol. Screw everybody else . They just gotta pass the ball, rebound, and play defense.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject:

Anyone else a little worried that Kuzma's 3pt shooting is back to where it was in college? He shot only 24% from 3 in preseason. The encouraging thing is he still averaged 17ppg on 51% FG
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:43 am    Post subject:

Not worried about his 3 point shooting, it is what it is. I am concerned that he looked poor against the Clippers 3rd/4th unit. He seemed to play down to the level of his competition. I do like that he realized that and mentioned it when interviewed on Sportsnet. Recognizing a weakness is the first step toward correcting it.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
epak wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:

The problem was that Jules made bone headed passes to Kuz...like the fast break giving it to him on the wing at mid-court instead of just taking it down the middle and forcing the D to commit.

TO and Kuz got knocked down...you could see the look on his face like, 'Why in the hell you pass me the ball right there?'

I just don't have any faith in JCs or Jules BB IQ anymore...super athletic players who never consistently play to their strengths or put their arms up on defense.

Career high level scoring 2's IMO and that's fine...but Kuz is a 1 and needs to have as much time with Lonzo as possible IMO.

Yes. Some were bad passes.
But just pointing out there was no freezing out going on.
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject:

He had a bad shooting game last night, I expected it to come a lot sooner since the long range game isn't a deeply embedded skill in his repertoire . Many of his shots were on aim, but short . He probably wasn't getting enough of his legs into his shot.
What I did like was that he continued to play hard, rebound and make several excellent passes.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject:

Were all six 3pt attempts wide open?
I love how he's able to find the open spots on the floor.
Makes me wonder if teams will start to keep a man on him as they get more familiar with him.
lonzobryant
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:07 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
lonzobryant wrote:
tnell wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:

Walton offense is predicated on ball movement. The foul call for Randle was luck of the draw but making the correct pass to the open man in the corner for 3 is the correct play, imo. And lol it's not about Kuz it's about Randle. Where is the Kuzma jealousy stemming from with you guys
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject:

lonzobryant wrote:
22 wrote:
lonzobryant wrote:
tnell wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:

Walton offense is predicated on ball movement. The foul call for Randle was luck of the draw but making the correct pass to the open man in the corner for 3 is the correct play, imo. And lol it's not about Kuz it's about Randle. Where is the Kuzma jealousy stemming from with you guys

Lol not validating this with a response
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject:

tnell wrote:
22 wrote:
lonzobryant wrote:
tnell wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:

Apparently the offense gotta run through Kuz lol. Screw everybody else . They just gotta pass the ball, rebound, and play defense.

Exactly
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:09 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Not worried about his 3 point shooting, it is what it is. I am concerned that he looked poor against the Clippers 3rd/4th unit. He seemed to play down to the level of his competition. I do like that he realized that and mentioned it when interviewed on Sportsnet. Recognizing a weakness is the first step toward correcting it.

VLF,
As our resident Kuzma high buzzkiller, maybe you can help me. I'm wracking my brain trying to remember other instances where he "played down to the level of his competition ". Which games were these?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject:

kevin61 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

VLF,
As our resident Kuzma high buzzkiller, maybe you can help me. I'm wracking my brain trying to remember other instances where he "played down to the level of his competition ". Which games were these?

Ask him, he was the one who said it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 108, 109, 110 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 109 of 880
Jump to: