OFFICIAL KYLE KUZ CONTROL KUZMA THREAD (rookie of the month!!! page 184)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 159, 160, 161 ... 193, 194, 195  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
diando
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Feb 2012
Posts: 7760

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Kuz needs to work on a fadeway jumper so he could start drawing triple teams.
I think we may have drafted a future HOFer here.
_________________
LAKERS 201? NBA CHAMPIONS!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 23 Mar 2012
Posts: 14095

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:00 pm    Post subject:

He should be either 2nd or 3rd for ROY right now. In the mix with Tatum and fake rookie Ben Simmons.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 8574
Location: DMV

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:00 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
They clearly need to run more plays for him so he gets easier shots. He and Lopez are the only guys capable of getting 30 points in a given game on this team.

I also think Kuz is the only likely 40 point scorer on the team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
3peat_pete
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Mar 2009
Posts: 3186

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:01 pm    Post subject:

had a terrible half going 0/6 and I was thinking, ok, rookie wall. But then he bounced back tremendously in the 2nd half. what a (bleep) stud.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
NBALakerLegends
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 06 Aug 2007
Posts: 387

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:04 pm    Post subject:

Kobe mentality.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Jul 2016
Posts: 1669

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:09 pm    Post subject:

NBALakerLegends wrote:
Kobe mentality.
but a little more efficient
_________________
Set the Kuz Loose!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 3027

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Thank God for Kuz.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 1074

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:11 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Another nice scoring night, tried to keep us in it in the 4th.


Your not allowed on the Kuzma bandwagon VLF. As I recall, you were very critical of his defense and rebounding. Are you now ready to admit your foolishness?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 83814

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:12 pm    Post subject:

He may end up being the biggest recruiting chip for 2018 FAs.
_________________
2018:
Ball
PG13
BI
Kuz
Boogie

Keep Jules
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Jordan-esque
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Aug 2005
Posts: 7835

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:14 pm    Post subject:

NBALakerLegends wrote:
Kobe mentality.


I've been hash tagging #Kuzmamba since Summer League. I better TM it!
_________________
Quote:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 1074

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Does Kuzma go number 1 in a 2017 re-draft?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Sina
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 12 Jul 2015
Posts: 926

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:15 pm    Post subject:

Great game. Win or loss, I like his mentality
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
3peat_pete
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Mar 2009
Posts: 3186

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:17 pm    Post subject:

I wonder how luke is going to handle the situation with the PFs once LNJ comes back. I love Larry, but Kuzma needs all the minutes he can get on the floor. This kid is ready for prime time. Would love to see him get 40points this season!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TheGoat1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 27 Jun 2015
Posts: 183

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
He may end up being the biggest recruiting chip for 2018 FAs.


I could easily see him fully solidifying himself as the best player on this team by the end of the season. Given the fact that he is a rookie 27th overall pick, that is saying a lot about him and saying a lot about the talent on the Lakers.

I love me some Kuzma and thank GOD we got him, but damn. To go from being a fringe NBA prospect to the best player on the Lakers within 6 or 7 months is crazy.


Last edited by TheGoat1 on Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Posts: 26922

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Kuz continues to be amazing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number Reply with quote
3peat_pete
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Mar 2009
Posts: 3186

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject:

TheGoat1 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
He may end up being the biggest recruiting chip for 2018 FAs.


I could easily see him fully solidifying himself as the best player on this team by the end of the season. Given the fact that he is a rookie 27th overall pick, that is saying a lot about him and saying a lot about the talent on the Lakers.

I love me some Kuzma and thank GOD we got him, but damn. To go from being a fringe NBA prospect to the best player on the Lakers within 6 or 7 months is crazy.


At this point, I'm not sure yet if it speaks more of our overall talent level or if it's simply Kuzma blowing us away with his super saiyan power.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TheGoat1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 27 Jun 2015
Posts: 183

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:29 pm    Post subject:

kevin61 wrote:
Does Kuzma go number 1 in a 2017 re-draft?


Never to early for a redraft discuss Based on the little we've seen, I'd say he goes top 8. He would go before Lonzo. Top 8 says a lot because this draft looks like it will be one of the deepest in history.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 83814

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:30 pm    Post subject:

3peat_pete wrote:
TheGoat1 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
He may end up being the biggest recruiting chip for 2018 FAs.


I could easily see him fully solidifying himself as the best player on this team by the end of the season. Given the fact that he is a rookie 27th overall pick, that is saying a lot about him and saying a lot about the talent on the Lakers.

I love me some Kuzma and thank GOD we got him, but damn. To go from being a fringe NBA prospect to the best player on the Lakers within 6 or 7 months is crazy.


At this point, I'm not sure yet if it speaks more of our overall talent level or if it's simply Kuzma blowing us away with his super saiyan power.


Both. Kuz is objectively a top 3-4 player in this class. Lonzo looks a few years away and Ingram is getting there but is a few years away too.
_________________
2018:
Ball
PG13
BI
Kuz
Boogie

Keep Jules
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Wino
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Jun 2002
Posts: 8912
Location: San Diego

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject:

Kuz is looking like a sure thing. The ONLY sure thing we have on this team. I like BI's development, but Kuz is currently the better player. Amazing.

Based on what I have seen so far this year, my guess is that we will NOT sign any superstars for next season. We will have to continue to develop our current roster for at least one more year after this year.

Not sure who we should be targeting that will be next in line after George and Lebron are signed elsewhere. ???? I think our team has to become way more consistent than they are now, while also showing an ability to close a game out and stop runs.

Right now, we are kind of a joke. I am getting pretty bummed, dangit. Seems like no matter what we do, we are snake bit. Can't sign anyone, can't draft a game changer. We got lucky on Kuz and that is awesome, but we really NEED both Ingram and Lonzo to step up to the plate and deliver on both sides of the ball. They need to be game changers.

If Kuz, Lonzo and Ingram all played at a high level, we would easily be able to win 40+ games and then we would easily attract other marquee talent. As long as we are dwelling with the bottom feeders, we have no chance to get anyone else through free agency.
_________________
I support Magic and Rob!!

Never argue with stupid people! They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!! - Twain

And Vecsey is the most stupid of them all!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 121608
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:36 pm    Post subject:

kevin61 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Another nice scoring night, tried to keep us in it in the 4th.


Your not allowed on the Kuzma bandwagon VLF. As I recall, you were very critical of his defense and rebounding. Are you now ready to admit your foolishness?


His defense is still iffy, his rebounding is spotty. Assist to TO ratio not good. But he can score and we need that. Definition of a role player and that is a good thing.
_________________
#lakerclownshow
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 1074

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:41 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
kevin61 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Another nice scoring night, tried to keep us in it in the 4th.


Your not allowed on the Kuzma bandwagon VLF. As I recall, you were very critical of his defense and rebounding. Are you now ready to admit your foolishness?


His defense is still iffy, his rebounding is spotty. Assist to TO ratio not good. But he can score and we need that. Definition of a role player and that is a good thing.


A role player with iffy defense and spotty rebounding, I really admire your consistency.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 Mar 2009
Posts: 3028

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:42 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
kevin61 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Another nice scoring night, tried to keep us in it in the 4th.


Your not allowed on the Kuzma bandwagon VLF. As I recall, you were very critical of his defense and rebounding. Are you now ready to admit your foolishness?


His defense is still iffy, his rebounding is spotty. Assist to TO ratio not good. But he can score and we need that. Definition of a role player and that is a good thing.


He does a good job on perimeter D but lack of size for a PF hurts. Assist to TO ratio for a PF is not good? Are they ever good for PFs?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 1074

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:43 pm    Post subject:

TheGoat1 wrote:
kevin61 wrote:
Does Kuzma go number 1 in a 2017 re-draft?


Never to early for a redraft discuss Based on the little we've seen, I'd say he goes top 8. He would go before Lonzo. Top 8 says a lot because this draft looks like it will be one of the deepest in history.


Oh come on top 8? I understand being conservative, but thats foolish. I say no less than top 4.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Jul 2016
Posts: 1669

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:45 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
kevin61 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Another nice scoring night, tried to keep us in it in the 4th.


Your not allowed on the Kuzma bandwagon VLF. As I recall, you were very critical of his defense and rebounding. Are you now ready to admit your foolishness?


His defense is still iffy, his rebounding is spotty. Assist to TO ratio not good. But he can score and we need that. Definition of a role player and that is a good thing.


20 and 9 last 5 games.

Nance was 11 and 8 this yr.
_________________
Set the Kuz Loose!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 83814

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:45 pm    Post subject:

But Moz and Deng were great signings as role players.
_________________
2018:
Ball
PG13
BI
Kuz
Boogie

Keep Jules
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 159, 160, 161 ... 193, 194, 195  Next
Page 160 of 195
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB