OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 161, 162, 163 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:52 am    Post subject:

LakersNewEra wrote:
He is absolutely fantastic. I have no words.
People ask what else he can improve.. Well he is very very polished, his moves, his footwork, ability to score in all ways possible..its all there. He can even pass, hes a smart player, he can rebound the ball

Where he will obviously improve is his body, having a year of NBA play, NBA training, nutrition etc will all definitely help...
But I also think he can shoot better. The comparison with Klay Thompson gets thrown around a lot and I can definitely see it. Kuz has great shooting mechanics, a very fast release and he can be an amazing shooter, one of the best.

Kuzma is a star in the making IMO. Hes got it all.

He needs to work on his handle.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:53 am    Post subject:

Can be a 3rd scoring option on a championship caliber team as soon as next year IMO.
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:58 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Can be a 3rd scoring option on a championship caliber team as soon as next year IMO.

Yup. Maybe even a 2nd option?
How about Cousins, Kuzma and Ingram? Or Cousins, PG, Kuzma and Ingram?
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:01 am    Post subject:

He goes into zones where as soon as the ball comes to him he either fires from deep or attacks. Wish he would allow the offense to finish running. Also would like to see him use his scoring to make passing opportunities for others. He's got tunnel vision x100. He used to make passes to cutters and see the mismatches. Way often I see him get the ball off of a rebound and push the break himself and Ingram gets a mismatch down low calling for the ball and Kuz misses it completely and Ingram has to hurry out of the paint to get the offense back in order (to be fair this is common on a lot of our guys). He's having a terrific year, but there are definitely areas available for improvement.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:02 am    Post subject:

Look at how he was used At Utah. He’s like a different player who doesn’t know his limits yet. It’s amazing to me.
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:06 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
He goes into zones where as soon as the ball comes to him he either fires from deep or attacks. Wish he would allow the offense to finish running. Also would like to see him use his scoring to make passing opportunities for others. He's got tunnel vision x100. He used to make passes to cutters and see the mismatches. Way often I see him get the ball off of a rebound and push the break himself and Ingram gets a mismatch down low calling for the ball and Kuz misses it completely and Ingram has to hurry out of the paint to get the offense back in order (to be fair this is common on a lot of our guys). He's having a terrific year, but there are definitely areas available for improvement.

Did you see that pass to Lopez last night? That was such a seasoned vet play. He surprises you sometimes with plays like those because subconscioisly youre thinking like..ok this guys a rookie but then he does such an amazing play. He pump faked a shot, drove to the rim, drew a second defender and then passed it to Lopez for an easy dunk. I think even Lopez seemed surprised. That was such a great play.
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:12 am    Post subject:

3rd option? The dude just dropped 28 in a half. He is the most effortless scorer the Lakers have drafted with any of these picks. He could be a 1 or 2 if he keeps this up in terms of scoring punch.

I would be willing to pay you for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
RestEasyBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:12 am    Post subject:

Kuz is the boss. I would always be mad when other teams would hit lottery gold that late in the draft. Finally, we hit it. Kid will only get better.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:13 am    Post subject:

GonzagaAlum wrote:
3rd option? The dude just dropped 28 in a half. He is the most effortless scorer the Lakers have drafted with any of these picks. He could be a 1 or 2 if he keeps this up in terms of scoring punch.

I’m assuming 2 of lbj/pg13/boogie on this team next year.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:20 am    Post subject:

GonzagaAlum wrote:

Huge DLO fan here and I agree. He really might be the best scorer the Lakers have drafted after all these tanking years.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:21 am    Post subject:

How about a comparison to Antawn Jamison?
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:31 am    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:

Huge DLO fan here and I agree. He really might be the best scorer the Lakers have drafted after all these tanking years.

Kuz being drafted not only saved face with the DLO trade, but we might have even won the trade.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:37 am    Post subject:

Kuz is second in rookie scoring right now. I see no reason why he will stop scoring, all this while the offense isn't run through him. If Luke would let loose and make him the focal point, who knows what this kid can accomplish. He can realistically lead the league in rookie scoring if he keeps this up.

What is in the water at Flint? No really! What's in that brown water lol.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject:

24ways2die wrote:
Kuz is the boss. I would always be mad when other teams would hit lottery gold that late in the draft. Finally, we hit it. Kid will only get better.

justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:12 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:

Kuz being drafted not only saved face with the DLO trade, but we might have even won the trade.

noooooope
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:

noooooope

Might? We won the Kuzma Trade.
TheeChosenLonzo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject:

kevin61 wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:

noooooope

Ya it's not even a question anymore. Specially after dlo being lost whole year to orthoscopic knee injury
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject:

kevin61 wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:

noooooope

Ok, whatever helps you sleep at night. There is not even any point in discussing the D ' A N G E L O R U S S E L L trade in this context.

This wasn't even my point at all... I was just saying I think he is our best drafted scorer
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:16 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
But Moz and Deng were great signings as role players.

Can always count on the pure ignorance statement

Really? From you?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject:

TheeChosenLonzo wrote:
kevin61 wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:

noooooope

Ya it's not even a question anymore. Specially after dlo being lost whole year to orthoscopic knee injury

Other guys have been out a month with that. He’s now out for the season?
TheeChosenLonzo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:25 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
TheeChosenLonzo wrote:
kevin61 wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:

noooooope

Other guys have been out a month with that. He’s now out for the season?

still battling hard for dlo i see
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject:

The fact people are bringing him up here means others are doing it.
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject:

He's been tremendous. Biggest surprise of SL and so far into the season. Great pick, great job FO; they really nailed this one. I think he's only going to improve from here; now we just need to put some legitimate talent around him.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject:

I don’t get why we can’t appreciate Kuz for his own merits without ceaselessly bringing up DLo.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
kevin61 wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:

noooooope

Ok, whatever helps you sleep at night. There is not even any point in discussing the D ' A N G E L O R U S S E L L trade in this context.

This wasn't even my point at all... I was just saying I think he is our best drafted scorer

I'd put he and DLo on the same tier - Russell is still a year younger than Kuzma putting up better per36 offensive numbers.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 161, 162, 163 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 162 of 880
Jump to: