OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 164, 165, 166 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject:

I kind of like when he has those knucklehead moments, cuz you know he's gonna come back hella strong the next game. Also, looks like Luke knows he is motivated by tough love rather than coddling. Looking forward to the Bulls
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:19 pm    Post subject:

Trudell wrote:
Walton said he took Kuzma out 4 min. in because he took quick shots instead of looking at passes that were there. He thought Kuz responded very well, utilized his playmaking skills throughout the rest of the game. Also took good shots.

There is a good argument to bring up that he doesn't give everyone else the same leash, but maybe Kuz has higher expectations being set on him and guys like KCP are who they are.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:20 pm    Post subject:

He and Randle have a very good chemistry together. Still think we should start both.

Kuzma slept walk to a 17 point game today and in addition to that he made some 'teachable moment' plays.

All around had a solid game today with a couple of boneheaded plays but as a rookie you expect that.
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:47 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
He and Randle have a very good chemistry together. Still think we should start both.

Kuzma slept walk to a 17 point game today and in addition to that he made some 'teachable moment' plays.

All around had a solid game today with a couple of boneheaded plays but as a rookie you expect that.

Hard to start both over Lopez.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject:

Last Laker rookie to have 30 & 10 was Magic in 1980..

If (when) Simmons goes down, Kuzma will win ROY...!
Daiei
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:10 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Last Laker rookie to have 30 & 10 was Magic in 1980..

If (when) Simmons goes down, Kuzma will win ROY...!

Love Kuzma and it would be awesome for him to get ROY, but don't wish harm on anyone, come on...
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:16 pm    Post subject:

Hard to keep in mind Kuz is just a rookie.. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a better career than Simmons. Wouldn't be surprised at all.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:21 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Hard to keep in mind Kuz is just a rookie.. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a better career than Simmons. Wouldn't be surprised at all.

I have very high hopes for Kuz... but come on.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:35 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

I have very high hopes for Kuz... but come on.

Kid is pretty solid in every facet of the game.. No gaping holes.

Simmons has one major gaping hole that admittedly he has compensated for.

Kuz is also effective without the ball in his hands.. Simmons? Not so much. Kuz only needs a split second with the ball in his hands to be a problem. If Simmons isn't making a quick pass then I don't see him presenting the same kind of problem.

Simmons is more likely to be a better player, but based on what Kuz is already good at and how much he can impact the game without a high usage I wouldn't rule out him having a career that's on par or better.

This guy hit a running hook shot layup lol... Like are you serious.. A running hook shot layup.. That's insane.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:38 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma is amazing. Still cant believe he was so late in the draft. Probably TOP 5 material. Happy he is ours.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:11 am    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
Trudell wrote:
Walton said he took Kuzma out 4 min. in because he took quick shots instead of looking at passes that were there. He thought Kuz responded very well, utilized his playmaking skills throughout the rest of the game. Also took good shots.

There is a good argument to bring up that he doesn't give everyone else the same leash, but maybe Kuz has higher expectations being set on him and guys like KCP are who they are.

Yea I don't get it. Kuz always passes up pretty open 3s. He shot that same look for his first shot tonight and made it, then got pulled 3 mins later -// he was getting shots up.. but it never looks egregious. KCP's shot selcection often looks egregious
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:33 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:

This guy hit a running hook shot layup lol... Like are you serious.. A running hook shot layup.. That's insane.

Magic was also the last guy who could do that kinda shot. I know the shot yer referring to. I gotta game from 91 at ORL where he hit at least 4 hooks and one was a running banking hook like that one that made Chick/Stu go OOOH. It was even on the same end of the court. That kinda shot takes great finesse. Kuz made it look ho-hum.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:04 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Magic was also the last guy who could do that kinda shot. I know the shot yer referring to. I gotta game from 91 at ORL where he hit at least 4 hooks and one was a running banking hook like that one that made Chick/Stu go OOOH. It was even on the same end of the court. That kinda shot takes great finesse. Kuz made it look ho-hum.

Yea he really did make it look routine.. I just had to laugh when he did it cause it was so ridiculous. Like no one makes shots like that, let alone take them.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:38 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Yea he really did make it look routine.. I just had to laugh when he did it cause it was so ridiculous. Like no one makes shots like that, let alone take them.

Him and Ben Simmons, although not sure if Simmons does it on regular like Kuzma
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
I liked the idea behind his first quarter benching actually. Luke's talking about him being a great playmaker postgame too and I totally agree.

He scored 28 in a half after going 0-6 the first half last game. He's a scorer and he will naturally find his opportunities.

I disagreed in the game thread. He isn’t a great playmaker, nor a good playmaker or a playmaker at all. He has been a ball stopper who has gotten a few assists the last two games after being benched for playing selfishly. He is still a rookie and has a lot of room to grow and learn to play a team game.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:37 am    Post subject:

I don't think play making will ever be his primary role.
He just needs to know you can't shoot all the time. So it's ok to swing it.
But he's being smart about doing what you're good at. And at this point it's getting buckets.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
I liked the idea behind his first quarter benching actually. Luke's talking about him being a great playmaker postgame too and I totally agree.

He scored 28 in a half after going 0-6 the first half last game. He's a scorer and he will naturally find his opportunities.

I disagreed in the game thread. He isn’t a great playmaker, nor a good playmaker or a playmaker at all. He has been a ball stopper who has gotten a few assists the last two games after being benched for playing selfishly. He is still a rookie and has a lot of room to grow and learn to play a team game.

When I am on my lunch break there are some clips that need to be shared with this thread!
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
I don't think play making will ever be his primary role.
He just needs to know you can't shoot all the time. So it's ok to swing it.
But he's being smart about doing what you're good at. And at this point it's getting buckets.

Absolutely, he's having the 3rd best TS% in the team (.589), well above league average, and more important, he's doing it without holding the ball, he's no black hole.
So I wouldn't tell him to shoot less, but to be more carefull with the ball (not really a problem right now since he's a rookie) and work on his defense, which is not bad but he has room for improvement...
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject:

I understand what Luke is trying to do but breh... he's our best scorer on a team that is scoring deficient. If your'e going to bench him then be fair and bench KCP too who plays like Brewer at times.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

When I am on my lunch break there are some clips that need to be shared with this thread!

dis gun b gud
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
I understand what Luke is trying to do but breh... he's our best scorer on a team that is scoring deficient. If your'e going to bench him then be fair and bench KCP too who plays like Brewer at times.

KCP's a lost cause. (Brewer has a quick trigger... seriously?)

In the larger sense it does seem absurd that he's trying to temper the shooting instincts of one of the few players on this team willing to let it fly from beyond 22', but if he can't mold and develop good habits in a rookie he's probably not doing his job.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:

Cuz Kuz gets replaced with Julius.
And KCP gets replaced by Hart? Unless you want JC in there, but I think Luke likes JC taking the pg spot when he comes in.

That being said, I'd love to know if there are numbers on how many times Kuz passes the ball vs how many times KCP does. And from what part of the court they're passing.
outkast100
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject:

KUZ! Taking over as my favorite Laker
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

dis gun b gud

It's prob gun b underwhelming but watch These clips of people smarter than me break down his potential as a passer from the DraftExpress strengths vid and also this breakdown of him at the combine

(go to 6:10)

And just generally speaking he's had these great cross court passes and finds guys on drives. He doesn't stop the ball, makes quick reads. I appreciate the coaching staff recognizing this strength of his and working on bringing it out of him. Because it will make him more dangerous as a scorer too
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:04 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

Uh no. Do you even watch the games? He's usually the end result of a play since he's a scorer and rightfully so. He could get used to making that one extra pass for a better look but no, he's no ball stopper. He gets extra attempts by running in transition, always cutting and fighting for and getting putbacks. If anything, he should have had a few more assists the last few games if not for missed wide open threes by KCP and Brook. For playing the 3rd, 4th most minutes on the team, you'd think a ball stopper would have a higher usage rate, no?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 164, 165, 166 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 165 of 880
Jump to: