OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 165, 166, 167 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:43 pm    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
I liked the idea behind his first quarter benching actually. Luke's talking about him being a great playmaker postgame too and I totally agree.

He scored 28 in a half after going 0-6 the first half last game. He's a scorer and he will naturally find his opportunities.

I disagreed in the game thread. He isn’t a great playmaker, nor a good playmaker or a playmaker at all. He has been a ball stopper who has gotten a few assists the last two games after being benched for playing selfishly. He is still a rookie and has a lot of room to grow and learn to play a team game.

Uh no. Do you even watch the games? He's usually the end result of a play since he's a scorer and rightfully so. He could get used to making that one extra pass for a better look but no, he's no ball stopper. He gets extra attempts by running in transition, always cutting and fighting for and getting putbacks. If anything, he should have had a few more assists the last few games if not for missed wide open threes by KCP and Brook. For playing the 3rd, 4th most minutes on the team, you'd think a ball stopper would have a higher usage rate, no?

VLF lives in his own distorted reality. There is no point even engaging him. He get proven wrong 9/10 times on here but never admits it.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
3baller wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
I liked the idea behind his first quarter benching actually. Luke's talking about him being a great playmaker postgame too and I totally agree.

He scored 28 in a half after going 0-6 the first half last game. He's a scorer and he will naturally find his opportunities.

I disagreed in the game thread. He isn’t a great playmaker, nor a good playmaker or a playmaker at all. He has been a ball stopper who has gotten a few assists the last two games after being benched for playing selfishly. He is still a rookie and has a lot of room to grow and learn to play a team game.

Uh no. Do you even watch the games? He's usually the end result of a play since he's a scorer and rightfully so. He could get used to making that one extra pass for a better look but no, he's no ball stopper. He gets extra attempts by running in transition, always cutting and fighting for and getting putbacks. If anything, he should have had a few more assists the last few games if not for missed wide open threes by KCP and Brook. For playing the 3rd, 4th most minutes on the team, you'd think a ball stopper would have a higher usage rate, no?

VLF lives in his own distorted reality. There is no point even engaging him. He get proven wrong 9/10 times on here but never admits it.

It's absolutely embarrassing that anyone would call him a ball stopper...
Yong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:03 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
3baller wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

This ... He is 80% of the reason why I rarely use LG now ...
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:09 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

This is the same thing I've been seeing. I've been blasted for saying such blasphemous things.
The God Particle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:12 pm    Post subject:

What's with all the VLF hate? See it too frequently on too many threads.....

He knows his basketball, is a real fan through and through, and I greatly appreciate he's articulate and can compose a coherent sentence (unlike so many others), and his contributions aren't BS fluff like "would OKC trade Westbrook for Brewer" *cough, ins gadget cough*

Keep up the good work VLF!
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:19 pm    Post subject:

The God Particle wrote:

He knows his basketball, is a real fan through and through, and I greatly appreciate he's articulate and can compose a coherent sentence (unlike so many others), and his contributions aren't BS fluff like "would OKC trade Westbrook for Brewer" *cough, ins gadget cough*

Yeah he's very good composing coherent sentences. I mean it's not that hard to compose one liners insulting posters 9 out of 10 times in the first place but that's fine. It's not hard to compose a coherent sentence admitting you were incorrect with a statement yet he never does that. Interesting.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:21 pm    Post subject:

The God Particle wrote:

greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject:

70.9% of Kuzma's shots are under 2 seconds with the ball in his hands; 25.6% from 2-6 seconds; 3.5% over 6 seconds. That ain't ball stopping.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:59 pm    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

Yes I watched the game, did you? If you did you would have seen Luke pull him twice for that very reason.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:03 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

When I am on my lunch break there are some clips that need to be shared with this thread!

dis gun b gud

It's prob gun b underwhelming but watch These clips of people smarter than me break down his potential as a passer from the DraftExpress strengths vid and also this breakdown of him at the combine

(go to 6:10)

And just generally speaking he's had these great cross court passes and finds guys on drives. He doesn't stop the ball, makes quick reads. I appreciate the coaching staff recognizing this strength of his and working on bringing it out of him. Because it will make him more dangerous as a scorer too

Nice, those are clips I haven't seen yet. It was worth the wait.

There'll be times where he gets tunnel vision, because he's a talented scorer, but like you wrote, he typically keeps the ball moving and rarely forces it against double teams. A good chunk of his offense is assisted and I can't think of anyone on the team I'd rather be taking a one-on-one shot, anyway - I can't see how or why he should be expected to be getting many more assists on this team with how he's being defended.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:04 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
70.9% of Kuzma's shots are under 2 seconds with the ball in his hands; 25.6% from 2-6 seconds; 3.5% over 6 seconds. That ain't ball stopping.

Thank you, he's being tasked to finish.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:13 pm    Post subject:

VLF is very knowledgeable. He DOES know the game. Hes clearly not a fan of our front office and has become aggravated by the team structure in general. He's aggravating, but the dude IS a real and does know hoops.

Kuzma is a finisher who thinks he has a greenlight. Like Ball said, he's constantly calling plays for himself but Zo ignores his constant hope for the shot to run the offense the way the staff wants. Often times he gets the ball and either Shoots or attacks off of the pump fake. He rarely makes the extra pass for the smarter shot and can't really create much outside of attacking the close out and having good finishing moves inside.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:23 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:

Thank you, he's being tasked to finish.

#Facts but let's see where the goal post moves from here
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:52 pm    Post subject:

Here is how Kuzma ranks on the team Re: advanced stats-
PER: 15.8 (4th)
BPM: -1.0 (8th)
NRtng: -2.5 (8th)
RPM: -1.45 (9th)

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:09 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
3baller wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

Yes I watched the game, did you? If you did you would have seen Luke pull him twice for that very reason.

- at about 2:00 Luke even says:

"I've told him before he's a brilliant playmaker when he wants to be."

Has he ever really been relied on to score like he is currently in his rookie season? He's in a new role and learning what a team totally lacking in offense needs from him, and he's figuring out what good shots are. He clearly made adjustments after he was pulled and still put up 17. When you go back even through his college highlights you see his passing potential. Right now sometimes he misses a good pass, sometimes he misses a good shot. Yeah, he is a gunner (on a team that needs one). But he's not a ballstopper, and I saw last night as Luke teaching him he doesn't need to force it to find points. I think he has more to offer
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:

And ventura gets owned... again.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/reed_nba/status/932822769435332608
His efficiency for a rookie is in some rarified air....
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:21 pm    Post subject:

I don't think Kuzma is a ball stopper by any stretch of the imagination. However, I also do think he's hinted at the ability to be more of a playmaker for others than he's actually shown lately. He's one of our better passers, but I think he's prioritizing scoring right now.

Part of that, to be fair to him, is that he's playing off the ball. That's where the quick decisions are being made to either swing pass or scorer. If you're holding the ball for less than 2 seconds, you're not exactly giving yourself the time to set someone else up. Unlike Ingram, we haven't asked that of Kuzma.

Ironically, at their current stages of development, it may be the case that Ingram should be playing the Kuzma role while Kuzma should be playing the Ingram role. Eventually, however, I love how Kuzma and Ingram project playing with each other. To me, they both project as facilitators, scorers and versatile defenders who can play all over the floor on either offense or defense. Most teams don't have one of those guys, we potentially have two.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:25 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
I don't think Kuzma is a ball stopper by any stretch of the imagination. However, I also do think he's hinted at the ability to be more of a playmaker for others than he's actually shown lately. He's one of our better passers, but I think he's prioritizing scoring right now.

Part of that, to be fair to him, is that he's playing off the ball. That's where the quick decisions are being made to either swing pass or scorer. If you're holding the ball for less than 2 seconds, you're not exactly giving yourself the time to set someone else up. Unlike Ingram, we haven't asked that of Kuzma.

Ironically, at their current stages of development, it may be the case that Ingram should be playing the Kuzma role while Kuzma should be playing the Ingram role. Eventually, however, I love how Kuzma and Ingram project playing with each other. To me, they both project as facilitators, scorers and versatile defenders who can play all over the floor on either offense or defense. Most teams don't have one of those guys, we potentially have two.

*slow clap*
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:32 pm    Post subject:

He kinda looks like Kobe on offense
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:48 pm    Post subject:

I know right? Thought I was the only one noticing that. Kuzma is a SG. Watch him incorporate a fadeaway soon.
And I definitely agree that he is not a ballstopper. He has shown the ability to pass and he plays the game intelligently.
The only thing you can say about Kuzma is that he likes to shoot but hey...didnt we use to say the same thing about Kobe lol?
Still Kuzma is very efficient and not a low % scorer.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:58 pm    Post subject:

LakersNewEra wrote:

I know right? Thought I was the only one noticing that. Kuzma is a SG. Watch him incorporate a fadeaway soon.
And I definitely agree that he is not a ballstopper. He has shown the ability to pass and he plays the game intelligently.
The only thing you can say about Kuzma is that he likes to shoot but hey...didnt we use to say the same thing about Kobe lol?
Still Kuzma is very efficient and not a low % scorer.

I don't see it.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:09 am    Post subject:

lol I actually see this too. Some of his dunks, footwork , even the way he speaks on the court - he's a natural leader out there
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:18 am    Post subject:

Are u guys squinting?
And are you talking about rookie Kobe? Champion #8 Kobe? Or the Mamba #24?
1. It's unfair to compare him to Kobe. And 2. I don't see it. Haha.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:20 am    Post subject:

Kuz can definitely play sg.. opposing 2's would have nightmares. No way they'd be able to guard him. Same goes for Ingram.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 165, 166, 167 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 166 of 880
Jump to: