OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 166, 167, 168 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:27 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
3baller wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
I liked the idea behind his first quarter benching actually. Luke's talking about him being a great playmaker postgame too and I totally agree.

He scored 28 in a half after going 0-6 the first half last game. He's a scorer and he will naturally find his opportunities.

I disagreed in the game thread. He isn’t a great playmaker, nor a good playmaker or a playmaker at all. He has been a ball stopper who has gotten a few assists the last two games after being benched for playing selfishly. He is still a rookie and has a lot of room to grow and learn to play a team game.

Uh no. Do you even watch the games? He's usually the end result of a play since he's a scorer and rightfully so. He could get used to making that one extra pass for a better look but no, he's no ball stopper. He gets extra attempts by running in transition, always cutting and fighting for and getting putbacks. If anything, he should have had a few more assists the last few games if not for missed wide open threes by KCP and Brook. For playing the 3rd, 4th most minutes on the team, you'd think a ball stopper would have a higher usage rate, no?

Yes I watched the game, did you? If you did you would have seen Luke pull him twice for that very reason.

That's our VLF, never afraid to double down on a negative sentiment. As a suggestion, perhaps a bit longer time window would be appropriate for your sage evaluations. As I recall, you were highly critical of Kuzma's rebounding early on. Going as far as to call his pairing with Lopez as a "nightmare" in that regard. A quick look at his stats paint a much different picture though. He's averaging 8.6 rebounds per game since becoming the starting PF. I believe we'd both agree that is an acceptable number.
In any event, keep being yourself VLF, I always enjoy your sometimes crazy posts.
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:38 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Kuz can definitely play sg.. opposing 2's would have nightmares. No way they'd be able to guard him. Same goes for Ingram.

No no no...no one is suggesting Kuz plays the SG. What we are saying is that he plays like a SG. He is a SG in a PF's body.
I also made the Kobe comparison in the past a few times and its so evident that Kuzma must have studied Kobe and took so much from Kobe's game.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:45 am    Post subject:

LakersNewEra wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Kuz can definitely play sg.. opposing 2's would have nightmares. No way they'd be able to guard him. Same goes for Ingram.

No no no...no one is suggesting Kuz plays the SG. What we are saying is that he plays like a SG. He is a SG in a PF's body.
I also made the Kobe comparison in the past a few times and its so evident that Kuzma must have studied Kobe and took so much from Kobe's game.

I understand your position.. I'm saying he can play the 2.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:02 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Are u guys squinting?
And are you talking about rookie Kobe? Champion #8 Kobe? Or the Mamba #24?
1. It's unfair to compare him to Kobe. And 2. I don't see it. Haha.

it's 24 Kobe, like 2010 maybe. And it's really just aesthetic, the way they execute some moves and movements is similar - it's in no way like a legit player comp, of course.

this is a Kobe type spin move.. the patience and it mechanically looks similar. Kobe's spin:

MECHANICALLY AND PACE IT LOOKS THE SAME!

His set-up dribbles, to the patience on the spin move.

It's like if you created a player in 2k (even if his rating is 78), he'd have the Kobe move and movement packages.

the way he uses his off-arm to push here, and the footwork.

The hook shots, Kobe is the only recent wing to do the old-school sweeping hooks
Kobe:

https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/921572997827366912 Kobe looks exactly like this mechanically when he's caught a turning oop-layup, it's like their body's move similarly

Of course it's unfair to make Kobe his "comp" or hope that he has his skills in the future. Just movement, and some moves, it's similar.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:31 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
He kinda looks like Kobe on offense

I kinda see it too at times. I wonder if Kuz was a fan of his.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:47 am    Post subject:

One question for Laker nation here on LG. What do you think is it Kuzzz the best talent we had since Kobe left? By the talent only D'Angelo is really high. Lonzo also. But I think generally Kuzz is at the top.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:25 am    Post subject:

kobe_4_mvp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:30 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Are u guys squinting?

+ 1
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:07 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
One question for Laker nation here on LG. What do you think is it Kuzzz the best talent we had since Kobe left? By the talent only D'Angelo is really high. Lonzo also. But I think generally Kuzz is at the top.

Maybe not the best talent but best talent overall lol.
Just kidding. Yeah he might be. The consistancy that he's shown is amazing. And the skillset is great and very polished. He's been a standout performer from day one so yeah I would say he's the best talent we have had since Kobe.
lonzobryant
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:09 am    Post subject:

I know he's not as athletic but he reminds me of Rudy Gay. Kuzma seems like he'll be more efficient though.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:44 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
epak wrote:
Are u guys squinting?

it's 24 Kobe, like 2010 maybe. And it's really just aesthetic, the way they execute some moves and movements is similar - it's in no way like a legit player comp, of course.

this is a Kobe type spin move.. the patience and it mechanically looks similar. Kobe's spin:

It's like if you created a player in 2k (even if his rating is 78), he'd have the Kobe move and movement packages.

The hook shots, Kobe is the only recent wing to do the old-school sweeping hooks
Kobe:

https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/921572997827366912 Kobe looks exactly like this mechanically when he's caught a turning oop-layup, it's like their body's move similarly

Of course it's unfair to make Kobe his "comp" or hope that he has his skills in the future. Just movement, and some moves, it's similar.

sigh

I always get this gut-sinking feeling everytime I watch Kobe videos now. Out of sight, out of mind. But as soon as I watch a video...feels. How lucky we were, man.

And yes, Kuz mechanically is like #24. More fluid, sweeping movements. That Kobe hook is a thing of beauty and Kuz already has that in his arsenal. If he becomes obsessed with footwork the way Kobe was, then sky is the limit.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:54 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
epak wrote:
Are u guys squinting?

Kobe:

sigh

I always get this gut-sinking feeling everytime I watch Kobe videos now. Out of sight, out of mind. But as soon as I watch a video...feels. How lucky we were, man.

And yes, Kuz mechanically is like #24. More fluid, sweeping movements. That Kobe hook is a thing of beauty and Kuz already has that in his arsenal. If he becomes obsessed with footwork the way Kobe was, then sky is the limit.

Yea looking at old Kobe highlights of specific moves, it's crazy man, insanely skilled in his own unique way.

Kuz plays under control in a rare way for a rookie , pretty special for that pace and some moves to remind people of Kobe. Kuz has come out of nowhere. Don't think I've seen a rookie with his footwork and methodical pace on the perimeter... and then he also sees the floor well while operating at that pace - he's had more dishes to bigs down low for layups than Randle has had in his whole career. (Not to hate on JR but VLF is tripping)(and JR is a talented passer in his own way, but much more of a ball stopper than Kuz)

It's just fun to watch a player who can flash in every facet... an efficient 16ppg, guy came out of nowhere it's nuts.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:14 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
epak wrote:
Are u guys squinting?

Kobe:

Thanks for the leg work, my man

I was watching Kobe's 81 point game last night for nostalgia's sake, and that hard dribble, fluid spin, high jumper of his reminded me exactly of Kuzma. Whether intentional or not, years ago young Kuz was mimicking Kobe moves he saw on tv out on the Flint playgrounds and it stuck. I think it's telling that Kuz had a sit down with the retired Mamba after only a month into his rookie year.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Kobe:

My man, fiddy grand. This is really just fantastic stuff KIROE. 2010 Kobe is a very reasonable comp to today's Kuz. The polish, footwork and acute awareness of how much space is required to get a shot off is so impressive from this youngster. Thanks.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
epak wrote:
Are u guys squinting?

Kobe:

Thanks for the leg work, my man

I was watching Kobe's 81 point game last night for nostalgia's sake, and that hard dribble, fluid spin, high jumper of his reminded me exactly of Kuzma. Whether intentional or not, years ago young Kuz was mimicking Kobe moves he saw on tv out on the Flint playgrounds and it stuck. I think it's telling that Kuz had a sit down with the retired Mamba after only a month into his rookie year.

Yup, I love what the meeting kind of signifies (at least to me). Kuz looks to have an intense and leadership mentality on the court , it does remind me of Kobe ( like when Kobe would go up to a teammate on a dead ball and signal something with his fingers or direct a player somewhere). Kuzma is always doing that.
And when Kuz hit a pull-up 3 like 5 games ago - he walked up to B.Shaw after the immediate timeout and said "that's right MFer", veryyy Kobe like. Someone has noticed this mentality and got Kobe to dinner with him. Either Luke, Pelinka, Shaw, or Kobe saw it himself --- his mentality and leadership is baby Kobe reminiscent. And him pulling out great footwork and old school hooks, you know that engratiates him to Kobe.. Kobe probably salivates watching him, his poise as a rookie.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:07 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Kobe:

My man, fiddy grand. This is really just fantastic stuff KIROE. 2010 Kobe is a very reasonable comp to today's Kuz. The polish, footwork and acute awareness of how much space is required to get a shot off is so impressive from this youngster. Thanks.

Haha. Yea, if I wasn't too (bleep) I might say it's at least half of a comp for him, although Kobe was such a focal point in the offense.. with way more moves of course. But yea some stuff is very similar

Here's Kuz hitting a 3 that B.Shaw didn't like (watch him on the bench) , and then going up to him at the timeout saying "yea MFer, that's right". That's very Kobe. https://twitter.com/hoopindetail/status/933017976445341696
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject:

Need to get Zo some of that Kobe footwork. He rarely utilizes a spin move.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Haha. Yea, if I wasn't too (bleep) I might say it's at least half of a comp for him, although Kobe was such a focal point in the offense.. with way more moves of course. But yea some stuff is very similar

Here's Kuz hitting a 3 that B.Shaw didn't like (watch him on the bench) , and then going up to him at the timeout saying "yea MFer, that's right". That's very Kobe. https://twitter.com/hoopindetail/status/933017976445341696

Nice catch. Attention to nuance. It's how I try and spot the game too.

I like that Luke's trying to temper Kuz's scoring focus to avoid a single minded approach and steering him to be a playmaker too. In the long game, it's going to benefit him.
lonzobryant
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject:

Well screw it if you guys see Kobe then I see Kobe in him too
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:

But when he does...

I love how drunk this thread is getting. (bleep) it
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject:

I love Kuzma guys
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:13 pm    Post subject:

What would you say if OKC calls proposing a PG13 for Deng-Kuz swap?

Cuz I'd hang up then block / delete.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

But when he does...

Kuzma already has it. I was referring to Lonzo, who never uses spin moves.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject:

Ujah's Goat wrote:
What would you say if OKC calls proposing a PG13 for Deng-Kuz swap?

Cuz I'd hang up then block / delete.

I think I'd rather trade BI than Kuz rn...*shrug*
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

But when he does...

Kuzma already has it. I was referring to Lonzo, who never uses spin moves.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 166, 167, 168 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 167 of 880
Jump to: