OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 173, 174, 175 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject:

I don't know where people get the nerve to complain about a late 1st round rookie posting a statline nearly comparable to established stars having only played 19 games in his career and who we are and will be paying only chump change for the next 3 years who btw is in the running for ROTY if not for the fake rookie Ben Simmons.
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
I don't know where people get the nerve to complain about a late 1st round rookie posting a statline nearly comparable to established stars having only played 19 games in his career and who we are and will be paying only chump change for the next 3 years who btw is in the running for ROTY if not for the fake rookie Ben Simmons.

That’s LG for you in a nutshell. You eventually learn which posters are worth reading and then ignoring majority of the one note / troll types.
Team of the 80's
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject:

Daphanabe wrote:
3baller wrote:

That’s LG for you in a nutshell. You eventually learn which posters are worth reading and then ignoring majority of the one note / troll types.

Most of them need to be ignored.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma probably deserves the least criticism of anyone in the Lakers front office, coaching staff, and team.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Kuzma probably deserves the least criticism of anyone in the Lakers front office, coaching staff, and team.

Nothing wrong with pointing out things for him to work on. He has so much potential if he works on just a few more things. His 3s starting to drop is huge
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:32 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

He is the brightest spot on the Lakers team the past 6 months. Sure he is a rookie and his game has defects, but he is probably the best rookie we have had since Magic.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:55 pm    Post subject:

h2omike wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

He is the brightest spot on the Lakers team the past 6 months. Sure he is a rookie and his game has defects, but he is probably the best rookie we have had since Magic.

He doesn't seem transcendent like Magic, but I get pumped up watching Kuz just like I was when I saw Big Game and Eddie Jones their rookie seasons.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:00 am    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
I don't think we've missed Larry

I thought we were fiends
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:23 am    Post subject:

For those who feels Kuzma is a ball hog, I'm guessing you've never once cheered for Kobe in your lives. Because if you really want to talk about a ball hog....

Kuzma is averaging 13.1 FGA/game. Kobe in his twenty years was below that twice. In his rookie season, and the season where he sat out all but 6 games due to the Achilles injury. The rest of the time he was jacking up anywhere up to 27.2 FGA/game. And as great as Kobe was, most of those shots were heavily contested. So let's give Kuzma a break people.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:46 am    Post subject:

Kyle Kuzma is #2 on the NBA Rookie Ladder.

http://www.nba.com/article/2017/11/23/2017-18-kia-rookie-ladder-week-6?collection=rookie-ladder#/
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:15 am    Post subject:

3baller wrote:

In the grand scheme of things...yes.
But he isn't being seen as a rookie anymore, he is now being seen as out best scorer, our first option and probably our best player.
I mean that is amazing, dont you think the criticism he gets is actually awesome because he has raised the bar for himself where anything below say 17-8 is seen as a bad game for him?

He's been remarkable. I guess the fact people are criticizing him now based on expectations to be our best player really speaks volumes on how remarkable he actually is.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

I thought we were fiends

Whoa! I missed that comment. Any time Bogut plays is a time when the Lakers miss Larry Nance, Jr.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
trablos wrote:
Don't want to blow up the thread..but it is fair to say that Kuz is just as talented at this point as rookie year Kobe?

No.

Kuzma (Age 22 per 36 Min.): 19.1 PPG (59% TS%), 5.7 RPG, 1.8 APG, 0.4 SPG, 0.1 BPG, 15.8 PER
Bryant (Age 22 per 36 Min.): 25.1 PPG (55% TS%), 5.2 RPG, 4.4 APG, 1.5 SPG, 0.6 BPG, 24.5 PER

Not really comparable at all, especially given that Kobe played next to Shaq (who took scoring opportunities away from him) and that, by this time, Kobe was already a top defender (he had already made 1st team All-NBA defense at 21, and was 2nd team at age 22... making no mention of being All-NBA first team at 21 and also All-NBA 2nd team at age 22). Kobe also received MVP votes for 13 consecutive years beginning at age 21.

When you have a Kobe or Lebron (a potential all-time top 10 player), you know you have one before age 22.

LS - can you provide rookie stats for kobe? Kobe stats at 22 are kinda useless in this context because he had been in the league for years
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject:

7. something ppg. I guess both of us are too lazy to look it up lol.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:47 am    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:

LS - can you provide rookie stats for kobe? Kobe stats at 22 are kinda useless in this context because he had been in the league for years

Lol what's the point of comparing an 18 yr old Kobe's stats with Kuz's?
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:39 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
tox wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

I thought we were fiends

Whoa! I missed that comment. Any time Bogut plays is a time when the Lakers miss Larry Nance, Jr.

Damn, thought I could just use the tiny font and sneak it in

How often is Bogut really playing? I don't think Larry has been missed as a starter (or playing starter minutes). Rather give the 4 spot fully to Kuzma & Randle, Lakers are still 4th in defense since he's been out
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:

Agreed. Also, I can't stress enough how much I recommend not comparing him with Kobe... we will end up disappointed I promise.

I thought the Wiggins numbers side by side to his are interesting.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:

Agreed. Also, I can't stress enough how much I recommend not comparing him with Kobe... we will end up disappointed I promise.

I thought the Wiggins numbers side by side to his are interesting.

Yup, that's a better comparison.
Mege
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject:

One Laker player Kuz is comparable to per 36 at age 22 is Jamaal Wilkes. Wilkes has a considerable edge in rebounding though:

19 PPG, 9.5 REB, 2.2 AST, 1.4 STL, 0.4 BLK
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject:

And Kuz goes back to the bench starting Monday.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nba/342788/kyle-kuzma-likely-back-to-the-bench-monday?ls=roto:LAK:topheadlines

Quote:
"I don’t see any reason not to put [Nance Jr.] back in the starting lineup," coach Luke Walton said.

Coach Numb Nuts.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject:

This is extremely superficial but I do expect Kyle's #s to go down a bit closer to 14-15ppg sharing opportunities with JC & Randle.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:13 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nba/342788/kyle-kuzma-likely-back-to-the-bench-monday?ls=roto:LAK:topheadlines

Quote:
"I don’t see any reason not to put [Nance Jr.] back in the starting lineup," coach Luke Walton said.

Coach Numb Nuts.

Damn it, Luke.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Quote:

Coach Numb Nuts.

Damn it, Luke.

(bleep) Luke
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject:

I see why Walton might want to start Nance at this point, just because a lot of our slow starts have to do with giving up a ton a baskets early. Nance, KCP and Lonzo are three of our best defenders. Problem is that Kuzma is our best shooter. You sub Nance in for Kuzma...you have a starting lineup that just can't shoot and a bench that can't defend. Also, Kuzma won't be getting nearly as many 3 point chances with JC and Randle Ball Pounding. Ball and Kuzma also have a nice connection on run outs.

I also think that Larry has been so fragile up to this point, may be best of to play him bench min (15-20) instead of starter minutes.

I guess if Larry coming back means that Kyle will be splitting time backing up both the 3 and 4 and will still get 30 minutes then I'm good with it. Taking away brewers minutes and replacing them with Kuzma out there would definitely help. As much as I like Kuzma's shooting, we can't be down 18-8 to start every game.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

Quote:

Coach Numb Nuts.

please be a confused double negative
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 173, 174, 175 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 174 of 880
Jump to: