OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 317, 318, 319 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:23 am    Post subject:

Kuz is the one guy 'on the bubble' for me this year. I like some of the things he's done... if he can sustain and build on his rookie season, then I'm all in.

But I feel like he's going to get everyone's best shot. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few flagrants and skirmishes this year. If he can put his money where his mouth is, I will gladly give the kid his props. But right now... I'm skeptical tbh.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:26 am    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
is it just me or was this chest pass incredible?

Stu - "That's just bad defense, man... that's all that is."

Can we send this old, crusty, bitter SOB out to pasture already? Jeezus.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:38 am    Post subject:

NBALakerLegends wrote:
Bulked up Kuz at Center in our death lineup will be something special. We will run teams out of the building and make many centers unplayable at the end of games. Death lineup doesn’t always need to be the closing lineup especially when we play a team like Philly.

Interesting that you brought up Kuz as the small ball 5. All the talk has been about LeBron at the 5, but Kuz has bulked up considerably this offseason and the coaching staff has been raving about how much stronger he is now. If that's really the case then he could function as the small ball 5 instead of LeBron. I'd prefer LeBron to not have to do a bunch of banging and whatnot in the paint at this stage of his career anyway.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:33 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:
Bulked up Kuz at Center in our death lineup will be something special. We will run teams out of the building and make many centers unplayable at the end of games. Death lineup doesn’t always need to be the closing lineup especially when we play a team like Philly.

Interesting that you brought up Kuz as the small ball 5. All the talk has been about LeBron at the 5, but Kuz has bulked up considerably this offseason and the coaching staff has been raving about how much stronger he is now. If that's really the case then he could function as the small ball 5 instead of LeBron. I'd prefer LeBron to not have to do a bunch of banging and whatnot in the paint at this stage of his career anyway.

Ahem... well actually, someone really smart person brought it up on the previous page.... 😝
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:48 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Judah wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:

Ahem... well actually, someone really smart person brought it up on the previous page.... 😝

obviously not you
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:38 am    Post subject:

1. The degree of difficulty on that chest pass is unreal. Yeah the Grizzlies have totally switched off there but it takes vision to see that chance and talent to have the skill to get that pass there. That's before you factor in the fact he can chest pass a ball nearly 80 feet from a stand still

2. I try not to get too caught up in 2k ratings. Mainly because you have to consider they set some low so that if/when a player improves midseason they don't have to ramp the stats up to something dumb. That said however 87 is far, far too high for Tatum and I like him as a player. Are they saying if Tatum has a hot start then he's a 90? One of the best players in the league? He's far from that echelon right now, same as Kuz.
Killakobe81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:59 am    Post subject:

watchME wrote:
i love kuz but tatum is 2 times the player kuzma is. I think he is the reason i dislike lonzo

I agree he has more upside and might even be better than Kuz already but let's stop with the hyperbole. Tatum was my absolute favorite prospect out of last year's draft. Even being a Bruin Alumni, I think we should take the best prospect. When you are at the bottom of the league you should always draft BPA no matter if the fit is not ideal.

But he is not twice the player Kuzma at least not yet and even if Tatum hits what I expect him to be, twice as good is still probably an exaggeration if Kyle also maximizes his talent. BTW, I like Tatum so much I would NOT take Mitchell over him either.

As for those that say Tatum is why they hate Lonzo, that is not fair. I do wish we had went with my preferred prospect but tough to argue when it was rolling, that Lonzo and Kuz were a special young pairing and that Kuz was a close approximation of Tatum.

Gotta let this all play out. Tatum lacks the defense and passing gift of Lonzo but Lonzo will never score with ease like Tatum and lacks his physical gifts or smooth stroke. Kuzma however, has even better range and a knack for scoring in a variety of ways inside. I doubt Kuz will be as good, long-term but can not say that for sure today.
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:40 am    Post subject:

I just hope he works on that fadeaway jumper and defensive principles.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:29 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Happy Birthday, @kylekuzma! 🎉

Let's take a look at some of the best plays of his rookie season! 🔥

https://twitter.com/NBATV/status/1021762430437810177
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:13 am    Post subject:

joeblow wrote:
Good news! Kuz feels disrespected by his official NBA 2K rating, lol. Apparently he's motivated to prove 'em wrong:
Quote:

2k rating is disrespectful. Y’all will learn though 💪🏽👊🏽

https://twitter.com/kylekuzma/status/1020454184464920576

His rating for next season is 78 of 100. Tatum by comparison is given an 87 rating despite having slightly worse stats (and playing in a weaker conference) almost across the board. Maybe part of his boost was due to making the playoffs and playing well there, however.

Tatum played on a winning team, and most of all, I think his rating is a reflection of his playoff performance. He became the #1 option on a team that got to Game 7 of the ECF.
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:21 am    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
joeblow wrote:
Good news! Kuz feels disrespected by his official NBA 2K rating, lol. Apparently he's motivated to prove 'em wrong:
Quote:

2k rating is disrespectful. Y’all will learn though 💪🏽👊🏽

https://twitter.com/kylekuzma/status/1020454184464920576

His rating for next season is 78 of 100. Tatum by comparison is given an 87 rating despite having slightly worse stats (and playing in a weaker conference) almost across the board. Maybe part of his boost was due to making the playoffs and playing well there, however.

Tatum played on a winning team, and most of all, I think his rating is a reflection of his playoff performance. He became the #1 option on a team that got to Game 7 of the ECF.

This, Tatum was part of an organized and winning team while Kuzma was balling on a lottery team. This is why Kuzma's raw stats are more impressive. However, advanced metrics show Tatum as more efficient (58 TS% vs 54 TS%) and having more of an impact (7.1 Win Shares vs 3.4 WS.)

For all of you out there questioning Jimmer Fredette of BYU, he is the real deal. - Magic Johnson Mar 20, 2011
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:43 am    Post subject:

LVLAKERFAN wrote:
Tatum is almost 3 years younger than Kuzma do I am guessing they are expecting a bigger breakthrough next season.

He did average 18.5 PPG 4.4 RPG 2.7 APG 1.2 SPG in the
19 playoff games he played.

Stats for 2k is based on what they think they do the upcoming season.

Kuzma is gonna have to compete for minutes mainly at the 3 and 4. Considering Lebron, Ingram, Beasley, Wagner, Lance are on the team, I expect his minutes to be less than last year.

Yeah, Tatum will be starting while Kuzma will fight for minutes.
Hellspawn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:10 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
is it just me or was this chest pass incredible?

Stu - "That's just bad defense, man... that's all that is."

Can we send this old, crusty, bitter SOB out to pasture already? Jeezus.

Great pass and agreed Stu is a cranky annoying bastard lacking any kind of insightful or technical commentary and is way past his time.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Happy G-day Young King @kylekuzma!! Enjoy your day. 🙏🏾

https://twitter.com/KingJames/status/1021856100893618176
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:19 pm    Post subject:

A guy on another forum made this for me :

https://i.imgur.com/Ep3aRoW.jpg

Looks pretty fantastic.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:33 pm    Post subject:

Channing Frye thinks Kyle Kuzma will be a Superstar

Quote:
“I’m not going to lie — and I think all of them are good — I have a special place in my heart for Kuz. I think his internal fire comes from a different place than everybody else. He was never the best. Maybe I associate with that more ... I like him because he’s aggressive.”

“He hass everything you would need to be like a superstar, but he’s also humble. He’ll like text and he’s like, ‘Yo, honest opinion, what do you think I need to work on? Like, what do I need to watch film on? Or like, ‘what do you think I didn’t do’? And I’d be honest, I’d be like, ‘You’ve gotta work every day, more, if you want to be more, you’ve gotta work more.’”

Frye adds his name to the fairly lengthy and very impressive list of people Kuzma has impressed. Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, Kobe Bryant, and plenty of other historically hard workers have spoken publicly or shown personal investment into Kuzma’s growth this summer. If he’s impressing them with how hard he’s willing to work, that has to be a good sign.

The other thing that really stands out to me here is Kuzma’s willingness to reach out for help and knowing who to ask. Combine those qualities with the work ethic Frye and others have raved about, and Kuz might really be able to take the strides forward needed to keep up with the expectations that follow LeBron James wherever he goes.

https://‪ https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/7/26/17619710/la-lakers-news-channing-frye-kyle-kuzma-kobe-bryant-lebron-james-superstar-the-rock‬
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:45 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:

Quote:
“I’m not going to lie — and I think all of them are good — I have a special place in my heart for Kuz. I think his internal fire comes from a different place than everybody else. He was never the best. Maybe I associate with that more ... I like him because he’s aggressive.”

“He hass everything you would need to be like a superstar, but he’s also humble. He’ll like text and he’s like, ‘Yo, honest opinion, what do you think I need to work on? Like, what do I need to watch film on? Or like, ‘what do you think I didn’t do’? And I’d be honest, I’d be like, ‘You’ve gotta work every day, more, if you want to be more, you’ve gotta work more.’”

Frye adds his name to the fairly lengthy and very impressive list of people Kuzma has impressed. Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, Kobe Bryant, and plenty of other historically hard workers have spoken publicly or shown personal investment into Kuzma’s growth this summer. If he’s impressing them with how hard he’s willing to work, that has to be a good sign.

The other thing that really stands out to me here is Kuzma’s willingness to reach out for help and knowing who to ask. Combine those qualities with the work ethic Frye and others have raved about, and Kuz might really be able to take the strides forward needed to keep up with the expectations that follow LeBron James wherever he goes.

https://‪ https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/7/26/17619710/la-lakers-news-channing-frye-kyle-kuzma-kobe-bryant-lebron-james-superstar-the-rock‬

Kuz, BI, Zo, JHart...Magic & Rob kept the right ones...these are the dudes you pay. Jules would have been a nice bonus fit, but I'm ok with us going all in on these 4 and 2 max FA...that's going to be a championship caliber squad right there.

#BannersOverBillboards
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:45 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:

Quote:

Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:50 pm    Post subject:

Zo, BI, and Kuz all have star potential. So glad they'll learn firsthand under the tutelage of a legend how to turn their potential into actual stardom. Kuz is gonna kill it this year.
oldlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:21 am    Post subject:

Tatum was great in the playoffs last year but during the regular season there wasn't that much separation between Tatum and Kuz.

Now Tatum is younger and was picked #4 so it is assumed that his upside is higher. While that is the conventional wisdom we know Kuz is a worker and has a killer instinct. We know he is driven to be great. We know he has great skills.

Now they both may turn out to be stars and in fact that is what it looks like. What i do know is that Kuz is going to be really good and much better than last year. We are a lot deeper this year so he may not play 30+ minutes but I am pretty sure he will be a force.

Kuz, Hart, Lonzo and BI are all good kids and hard workers. I think they all could be stars. Just wish JR was here too.

In all likelihood they will blend in with the veterans this year and will need to be stars the following year when we add another superstar to go with out mature youth. This year they will get their playoff experience.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:03 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Coming in at #58 on the #Fantasy100 is @kylekuzma!

Kuzma had a strong first campaign for the @Lakers finishing his 2017-18 season with 1242 PTS, 159 3PTM, 483 REB & 141 AST - 2142.1 #NBAFantasy points!

https://twitter.com/NBAFantasy/status/1024323811418624001
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:10 pm    Post subject:

time for a
SD2Hollyweird
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:36 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
time for a

PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:36 am    Post subject:

Kyle in the pick n roll with LbJ is probably gonna be a thing. Kuzma being potentially the best partner for Lebron in that set, a la K Love with a little bit more dynamism.

He's not great at setting em' right now but he can improve.
yammy1688
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject:

It might seriously look like showtime again when the young guns grow up and Leanord is here... That's a scary (bleep) team on both sides of the floor.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 317, 318, 319 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 318 of 880
Jump to: