OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 327, 328, 329 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:04 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Kuzma looks at least 5 inches taller than Kobe. Is it safe to call him 6’10 like we all felt Randle was?

Yes because he’s taller than Ingram too

Since you’re the king of measurable can you direct us to some pics? I have a feeling Ingram might be stuck at 6’9”, which isn’t a bad place to be.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:11 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Kuzma looks at least 5 inches taller than Kobe. Is it safe to call him 6’10 like we all felt Randle was?

Yes because he’s taller than Ingram too

Since you’re the king of measurable can you direct us to some pics? I have a feeling Ingram might be stuck at 6’9”, which isn’t a bad place to be.

You know I got them measurebales on deck

https://twitter.com/hoopindetail/status/1001596143791304704?s=21

But here’s BI at legit 6’9.5(?) which is his last DX measurement https://www.nba.com/lakers/sites/lakers/files/160623ingram_workout-7.jpg
And BOS fans have been saying their guys grew. And keep in mind shoes
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:17 am    Post subject:

Kuzma's scoring is going to be huge or us this year. Adding another 6'9 scoring wing that can put the ball on the floor and play like a SF next to Lebron is going to make a huge impact IMO.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:56 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
I'd love to ask Kobe about the value of disassociating movements.

Whatchu mean? Like that pause that Simon had Kuz do?

Kobe said that Kuzma's ability to disassociate movemements allows him to play with fluidity. I'd just like to pick his brain more about what that means and how it helps Kuz, that's all. You don't hear that particular observation very often and I think it's an interesting lens to look at a player through.

Ya that is very interesting — and if I’m imagining it right, those kind of stop/start disassociated moves were the staple of Kobe’s game. He was never 100mph and he was never a singlular smooth motion either - Ingram is a singular smooth motion all the time aside from one move, the hesi
Even though Kuz’ handle is rudimentary, he keeps the defense guessing with his jerky jerky movements, strung from one move to the next

I don't it's about changing pace/being herky-jerky...if I had to guess, it's about no one move being necessarily followed by/in combination with another, about being unpredictable. So, for example, a player may change pace frequently, like Nash did, but you know as he approached the rim you were going to get a scoop lay up. Wade changes pace, but you know a euro step is coming at you; same with Harden. I think Kobe's point about "disassociating movements" is that they cannot predict which move is going to necessarily follow another. So he may come at you and go around you, or euro step, or stop and pop, or hesi, etc. Literally any move can come from the one prior and so you cannot associate one move with the other.

It reminds me of how Artest used to talk about being a math major and its positive impact on his defense. as he put it, when a player is - say - on the elbow, with artest up on his left hip pocket, artest could "calculate" so to speak the number of options/moves a player had available to him. Then he could figure out -- ok, realistically, he is going to do one of the top 3, and he could position/adjust accordingly. And you can easily apply that to a player whose movements work in tandem; if your movements are not, however, in tandem but "disassociated," then that calculus becomes infinitely more difficult.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:41 pm    Post subject:

lakersibleed wrote:
2019 wrote:
PauPau wrote:
3baller wrote:
Judah wrote:
3baller wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
If Kuz improves at a modest trajectory this season I think he will be our 2nd scoring option and put up 20 PPG.

In 37 games as a starter, rookie Kuz was already averaging 18.8 ppg, 7.2 rebounds, 1.9 assists, 44.6/39/72.5 splits, 52.6 EFG and 55.7 TS on 15 FGA per game.

His efficiency was pretty average but if he improves this year, and he will, and gets to play alongside Lebron(historically has made teammates more efficient) as a starter and still gets around 14-15 attempts per game, 20ppg is very much a possibility.

Getting that many attempts though is the hard part and may very well be out of reach with Kuz most likely coming off the bench where he won't be getting 30+ minutes on most nights anyway

But why wouldn't he get over 30 minutes most nights? I'd be really surprised if he didn't.

He was averaging 26 minutes off the bench last year. Getting to 30mpg this year with him presumably subbing for Lebron would be even harder than it was last year.

26 minutes and a fall in effeciency remember. I think the fall though was due to him consistently trying to make a statement, rushing things and failing to adapt to the pace. I dont expect that to be the case this year.

For BI, Lebron and Kuzma to all hover above the 30min mark, Ingram is gonna have to play some minutes at the guard spot(say 6mins), the other 2 are going to take 65-70mins of the 120mins available in the front court.
That leaves approximately 50 mins for Mcgee, Neuroman and whoever wants it most.

McGee (16) | Beasley (20) | LeBron (12)
LeBron (20) | Kuzma (28)
Ingram (32) | Lance (16)
Pope (24) | Hart (24)
Lonzo (28) | Rondo (20)

^^^ That is a really nice minutes appointment ... I would love to see Kuz get a couple more minutes but everything else looks really good.

he completed left off Zu at Center. and beasley will not only play Center. He will get some time at PF when Bron is at Center.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:56 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
LeBron (20) | Kuzma (28)
Ingram (32) | Lance (16)
Pope (24) | Hart (24)
Lonzo (28) | Rondo (20)

splashmtn wrote:
He completed left off Zu at Center. and Beasley will not only play Center. He will get some time at PF when Bron is at Center.

My hope is that Zu is one of the surprises this year. Zu will take Beasley's time at center, who will take a little time from Kuzma at PF who will take amost all of Lance's time at SF. Lance, Wagner, and Svi will get time when someone is injured (which is almost every game).

Only a few weeks until the doors open and we get to see what is hype and what is fact.

--Anonymous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:55 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
lakersibleed wrote:
2019 wrote:
PauPau wrote:
3baller wrote:
Judah wrote:
3baller wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
If Kuz improves at a modest trajectory this season I think he will be our 2nd scoring option and put up 20 PPG.

In 37 games as a starter, rookie Kuz was already averaging 18.8 ppg, 7.2 rebounds, 1.9 assists, 44.6/39/72.5 splits, 52.6 EFG and 55.7 TS on 15 FGA per game.

His efficiency was pretty average but if he improves this year, and he will, and gets to play alongside Lebron(historically has made teammates more efficient) as a starter and still gets around 14-15 attempts per game, 20ppg is very much a possibility.

Getting that many attempts though is the hard part and may very well be out of reach with Kuz most likely coming off the bench where he won't be getting 30+ minutes on most nights anyway

But why wouldn't he get over 30 minutes most nights? I'd be really surprised if he didn't.

He was averaging 26 minutes off the bench last year. Getting to 30mpg this year with him presumably subbing for Lebron would be even harder than it was last year.

26 minutes and a fall in effeciency remember. I think the fall though was due to him consistently trying to make a statement, rushing things and failing to adapt to the pace. I dont expect that to be the case this year.

For BI, Lebron and Kuzma to all hover above the 30min mark, Ingram is gonna have to play some minutes at the guard spot(say 6mins), the other 2 are going to take 65-70mins of the 120mins available in the front court.
That leaves approximately 50 mins for Mcgee, Neuroman and whoever wants it most.

LeBron (20) | Kuzma (28)
Ingram (32) | Lance (16)
Pope (24) | Hart (24)
Lonzo (28) | Rondo (20)

^^^ That is a really nice minutes appointment ... I would love to see Kuz get a couple more minutes but everything else looks really good.

he completed left off Zu at Center. and beasley will not only play Center. He will get some time at PF when Bron is at Center.

My mins breakdown allows Beasley and LeBron to play together... it's simply a mins distribution to hard rotations. And why would anyone want Beasley playing the 4 when Kuz should be getting every second that LeBron is not
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:19 pm    Post subject:

In broad terms:

Who meshes well with Lebron on the court?

Who of the new guys does/does not play well in the system?

Which of the new guys will be best at hitting open shots and hitting free throws?

Which of the guys will be best able to defend in the 4th quarter?

Over time, the answers to these questions I think determine who gets more, and who gets less minutes.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:47 pm    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
In broad terms:

Who meshes well with Lebron on the court?

Who of the new guys does/does not play well in the system?

Which of the new guys will be best at hitting open shots and hitting free throws?

Which of the guys will be best able to defend in the 4th quarter?

Over time, the answers to these questions I think determine who gets more, and who gets less minutes.

I view Ingram and Kuzma as relatively equal talents, probably even after summer improvements. If one is fatigued, the other can fill in capably. The biggest difference is that Ingram is more of a natural playmaker than Kuzma, but not as good of a rebounder. I don't see reasons for conflict with LeBron's game because all of them are going to make each other shine.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:09 am    Post subject:

Could Kuz be a legit candidate for 6MOY?
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:49 am    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
2019 wrote:
LeBron (20) | Kuzma (28)
Ingram (32) | Lance (16)
Pope (24) | Hart (24)
Lonzo (28) | Rondo (20)

splashmtn wrote:
He completed left off Zu at Center. and Beasley will not only play Center. He will get some time at PF when Bron is at Center.

My hope is that Zu is one of the surprises this year. Zu will take Beasley's time at center, who will take a little time from Kuzma at PF who will take amost all of Lance's time at SF. Lance, Wagner, and Svi will get time when someone is injured (which is almost every game).

Only a few weeks until the doors open and we get to see what is hype and what is fact.

I could easily see 2019's lineups and minutes becoming true with Luke's affinity to small ball. I have Wagner indirectly taking Lance's minutes away at some point but it might not happen. I cant imagine Zubac getting much minutes after last year and his skill set. He's behind Wagner, McGee and Beasley in my mind.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:00 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
2019 wrote:
LeBron (20) | Kuzma (28)
Ingram (32) | Lance (16)
Pope (24) | Hart (24)
Lonzo (28) | Rondo (20)

splashmtn wrote:

I could easily see 2019's lineups and minutes becoming true with Luke's affinity to small ball. I have Wagner indirectly taking Lance's minutes away at some point but it might not happen. I cant imagine Zubac getting much minutes after last year and his skill set. He's behind Wagner, McGee and Beasley in my mind.

I'd take Zubac over Wagner easily, both in terms of skill right now and fit. We're not rebuilding anymore, unless Wagner plays much better then expected he's going to stick to getting spot up minutes every now and then until atleast the second half of the season.

Another reason I think Zu gets minutes is because Javale is still on a one year deal, we still need a center for next year. I think Zu will command a lower salary going forward so they'll atleast give him his fair shot, which I think he'll capitalize on. You have to remember that a center is not a big part of Luke's offense or the modern NBA, if we can have Zubac be good enough to give up 15-20 minutes then I wouldn't be surprised to see him back on a cheap long term deal.

Also, they waived Bryant over Zubac despite Bryant having higher upside.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:04 am    Post subject:

I would have kept Bryant over Zu, but I’m highest on Wagner for sure. T.Bryant may or may not be too big of a liability defending in space
Wagner is the best defender in space of the 3 by a country mile
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:10 am    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
2019 wrote:
LeBron (20) | Kuzma (28)
Ingram (32) | Lance (16)
Pope (24) | Hart (24)
Lonzo (28) | Rondo (20)

splashmtn wrote:

I'd take Zubac over Wagner easily, both in terms of skill right now and fit. We're not rebuilding anymore, unless Wagner plays much better then expected he's going to stick to getting spot up minutes every now and then until atleast the second half of the season.

Another reason I think Zu gets minutes is because Javale is still on a one year deal, we still need a center for next year. I think Zu will command a lower salary going forward so they'll atleast give him his fair shot, which I think he'll capitalize on. You have to remember that a center is not a big part of Luke's offense or the modern NBA, if we can have Zubac be good enough to give up 15-20 minutes then I wouldn't be surprised to see him back on a cheap long term deal.

If Bryant had a higher upside, I think they'd have kept him. Zu was damn god in limited mins as a rookie. Remember the Marc Gasol comparisons? Hell, there was a stretch where it looked like Zu > BI going forward.

McGee is getting mins as the starter. Whether it's 12-16, I feel like that's his range. They you have Kuzma who should be playing 32 mins a game so he needs all of LeBron's back up mins while LeBron slides to the 5.

Now it you want to argue that the 20 mins I allotted to Beasley are too much and Zu deserves some, then I guess go ahead. But remember, they drafted Moe because they feel like he compliments LeBron and they got Beasley to produce scoring off the bench when needed and I see no chance of him playing less than 12 mpg. So what does that leave for Zu/Moe? 8-12 mins.

It's totally possible that Zu comes out and earned all of Beasley's mins to the point it slides everybody down to capture mins and Lance ends up the odd man out but as of now, Zu has to show that he's worth pushing proven vets down the line or out of the rotation.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:50 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
2019 wrote:
LeBron (20) | Kuzma (28)
Ingram (32) | Lance (16)
Pope (24) | Hart (24)
Lonzo (28) | Rondo (20)

splashmtn wrote:

If Bryant had a higher upside, I think they'd have kept him. Zu was damn god in limited mins as a rookie. Remember the Marc Gasol comparisons? Hell, there was a stretch where it looked like Zu > BI going forward.

McGee is getting mins as the starter. Whether it's 12-16, I feel like that's his range. They you have Kuzma who should be playing 32 mins a game so he needs all of LeBron's back up mins while LeBron slides to the 5.

Now it you want to argue that the 20 mins I allotted to Beasley are too much and Zu deserves some, then I guess go ahead. But remember, they drafted Moe because they feel like he compliments LeBron and they got Beasley to produce scoring off the bench when needed and I see no chance of him playing less than 12 mpg. So what does that leave for Zu/Moe? 8-12 mins.

It's totally possible that Zu comes out and earns all of Beasley's mins to the point it slides everybody down to capture mins and Lance ends up the odd man out but as of now, Zu has to show that he's worth pushing proven vets down the line or out of the rotation.

Only a few weeks until the door opens and we get to differentiate between fact and fiction. It is going to be very interesting to see how it actually plays out. Any one of the crazy uncles or the young core could come in and blow everyone away. I am excited to see what happens.

Of course, it is going to be about players earning their playing time. I would be disappointed if it was any other way.

--Anonymous
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:30 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
I'd love to ask Kobe about the value of disassociating movements.

Whatchu mean? Like that pause that Simon had Kuz do?

Kobe said that Kuzma's ability to disassociate movemements allows him to play with fluidity. I'd just like to pick his brain more about what that means and how it helps Kuz, that's all. You don't hear that particular observation very often and I think it's an interesting lens to look at a player through.

Ya that is very interesting — and if I’m imagining it right, those kind of stop/start disassociated moves were the staple of Kobe’s game. He was never 100mph and he was never a singlular smooth motion either - Ingram is a singular smooth motion all the time aside from one move, the hesi
Even though Kuz’ handle is rudimentary, he keeps the defense guessing with his jerky jerky movements, strung from one move to the next

I'm not that high on the effectiveness of his ball-handling, honestly. I don't think he creates much separation or gets past many defenders with it.

Me too. I guess ballhandling was the wrong term, more like “when he’s operating” . I notice that his moves are segmented, in pace as well. Ingram’s moves are not segmented they’re a constant pace and flow

I'm interested to hear his definition. I imagine it as an ability to improvise and make an appropriate counter-move based on what the defense takes away instead of relying on a memorized set of counters. Kobe spoke often spoke about similar approach to scoring in interviews but don't recall ever hearing him use the term "disassociate" before.
ShowtimeReturns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:50 am    Post subject:

trablos wrote:

I think so 16 to 18 ppg 6rpg is my guess and hitting a good amount of clutch shots.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:10 am    Post subject:

trablos wrote:

Assuming he comes off the bench, definitely.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:35 pm    Post subject:

According to Luke: Kuzma and Rondo watching film together
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:31 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:

On defense
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:53 pm    Post subject:

Compared Kuz body this year to last, in this thread https://twitter.com/hoopindetail/status/1038256112955404290?s=21
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:15 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

On defense

On opponents defense right?
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject:

I really don't have a dog in the fight. I want Kuzma to do well, and I think Beasley will respond very well here as a bench guy. Zubac could be good as a Cav-Mozgov big guy, but like everyone is saying, we will see what happens with training camp and the start of the season. Last year, some poo-pawed Kuzma because he did well in summer league; and for a good part of the season, Kuzma was our best player.

But once it plays out, whatever happens, I'll be happy with whichever of the Lakers shine next to Lebron and to the ones that will help us win some games.

I'd really like to see us cream the Clippers in our first match with them, just to get the bad taste of the Clips out of our mouths...
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:17 am    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:

I'd really like to see us cream the Clippers in our first match with them, just to get the bad taste of the Clips out of our mouths...

I want to see Lonzo show Patrick Beverly he can't be pushed around or easily slowed down anymore.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:10 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Compared Kuz body this year to last, in this thread https://twitter.com/hoopindetail/status/1038256112955404290?s=21

If Kuzma becomes the next Lakers star I’m gonna go ape. It’s expected of Ingram and Ball, but for a 27th pick to do that would be very impressive.

I’m basing my excitement on the Lakers scrimmage on Friday.

Last edited by AFireInside619 on Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 327, 328, 329 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 328 of 880
Jump to: