OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 386, 387, 388 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:18 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
The Ingramers love to (bleep) on Kuz. Relax, with Rondo hurt your boy BI will have the ball in his hands plenty.

Geez.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:20 pm    Post subject:

Kuz puts the effort in on d so it will all work out. He does some good things on d holding his own with some big guys just a little slow of foot on the perimeter
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:22 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
Kuz puts the effort in on d so it will all work out. He does some good things on d holding his own with some big guys just a little slow of foot on the perimeter

That's exactly why I'm not worried about his defense. I've never seen a play by him and thought he was lazy or lacked effort. I expect him to improve as the season progress, just like he did last season.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:29 pm    Post subject:

Intlakeshow wrote:
Kuz is one of those guys who’s perceived value around the league seems to be a lot greater than what he actually provides. Hopefully Maginka understand this and trade him for a legitimate 3nD player before the hype runs out. I’m pretty sure if you give Beasley those minutes, he would put up similar numbers to Kuz, you can find those one dimensional players on minimum and/or exception deals. I don’t dislike Kuz, he’s a nice player on a cheap contract, but they should seriously look to trade him next offseason.

I'm not sure if his perceived value is all that high. I've read a lot of articles where people feel Kuzma has already hit his ceiling, so I am not sold that GMs really think he's going to become more than he is right now. Unless you're on the phone with other GMs, it's hard to gauge what you could get for him.
matigol
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:43 pm    Post subject:

Effort is there on D
He has some mistakes, but he wants to play good D and I think he'll learn.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:49 pm    Post subject:

Someone said recently Kuz isn’t is at his ceiling yet. Forgot who it was because I listen to too many NBA news and podcasts. Maybe Caron Butler? Maybe First Take? Who knows.
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:23 am    Post subject:

I just see him as a 6'9 Clarkson. But that height might help
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:02 am    Post subject:

Nnamdi21 wrote:
I just see him as a 6'9 Clarkson. But that height might help

They are both scorers but Kuz is not ball dominant. He does not have enough handle to create his own shot like Clarkson but he’s better when he get it on his sweet spots and he’s a willing passer. He give more effort on D and he’s gonna be decent at worst on that end with experience and knowing how to play angles.
GODBE
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:27 am    Post subject:

Poor guy looks mentally challenged on defense.
Team of the 80's
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:30 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
The Ingramers love to (bleep) on Kuz. Relax, with Rondo hurt your boy BI will have the ball in his hands plenty.

Geez.
Its true. As soon as Kuz has a bad game out comes the knives.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:32 am    Post subject:

Team of the 80's wrote:
epak wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

Geez.

nd while we're at it might as well acknowledge the fact that all the guys (bleep) on Ingram in his thread can be found in the Lonzo Ball thread defending him to death.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:34 am    Post subject:

Team of the 80's wrote:
epak wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

Geez.

I'm just not a fan of the labeling.
I'm not a big fan of BI, but I think it's fair to criticize Kuz.
But I also think it's right to commend them when they do well.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:40 am    Post subject:

It doesn't have to be a poster vs poster, or player vs player situation.

This started with me saying that Kuz doesn't read the floor, and I hate those kind of players. Then someone responded about Ingram lovers dumping on Kuz when he has bad games. Kuz has bad games before, and he will continue to (he's a pup), I never come in here and dump on him. Let's just stick with facts..

He simply doesn't care to read what's going on in front of him, he plays a selfish brand of basketball. I hate those kind of players, this is my first time being as forward as I am about his play. His defense will be fine in the long run, I'm more concerned about the way he plays basketball on the offensive end.

Let's not act like children and make this about player vs player or poster agenda vs poster agenda.
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:20 am    Post subject:

He may be a bit selfish offensively, but he's not a ballhog, so I don't see it really as an issue for the team. For me he doesn't look at all like a big Clarkson, who IS really a ballhog. If he keeps playing like he is, goes back to a more normal 3pt shooting (around 35%) and improves a little his defense, he can be important for this team. Great off ball player...
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:37 am    Post subject:

Neither zKuzma or BI looked great last night, let’s just call it a draw, and be happy for the team win.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:50 am    Post subject:

h2omike wrote:
Neither zKuzma or BI looked great last night, let’s just call it a draw, and be happy for the team win.

I disagree. Kuz looked good, especially making those cuts and finishing Lebron passes. He also made a crucial three early on. Ingram looked great I thought. It was just the Lebron show. (bleep) happens. We won. Who cares. People shouldn’t be cheering for one over the other anyways.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:53 am    Post subject:

As much as I like Kuz, wouldn't mind him being the 6th man scorer off the bench.

Only reason I can see him starting is LBJ allegedly telling Luke he doesn't want to start at "PF."

Otherwise going with Lonzo/Hart/BI/LBJ/Vale is my favorite starting group.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:59 am    Post subject:

I'm fine with Kuz's offense. What makes him so effective is his aggressiveness, which is a big issue with Lonzo and BI. Hart has that same mindset as Kuz but not the same skill level.

Defensively, somebody needs to work with Kuz on his technique. As GT likes to point out, Kuz skips and hops around too much on D, which makes him susceptible to being beat off the dribble. However, I think Kuz has more than enough lateral quickness to cut off penetration better than he does. It's a technique issue for him. What is a problem though, is his lack of awareness in terms of team D. He's very slow to recognize proper defensive rotations. He's also slow to loose balls because of his lack of awareness. There have been too many steals that he's lost as a result of not being aware that the ball was loose in his area. It happened again in the 1st quarter last night. Again, it's not a quickness issue. Kuz just needs to be more aware on the defensive end.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:54 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
As much as I like Kuz, wouldn't mind him being the 6th man scorer off the bench.

Only reason I can see him starting is LBJ allegedly telling Luke he doesn't want to start at "PF."

Otherwise going with Lonzo/Hart/BI/LBJ/Vale is my favorite starting group.

Ya. I think the only reason he should start is if LeBron doesn't want to play 4.

I like Hart at 2 over Kuzma at 4
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:25 am    Post subject:

Bi needs to come off the bench and Hart starts. Kuz’s connection with Bron is too strong to bench him. BI is better off being 2nd units PG now that Rondos out
lonzobryant
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:44 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
Bi needs to come off the bench and Hart starts. Kuz’s connection with Bron is too strong to bench him. BI is better off being 2nd units PG now that Rondos out

I liked how he played last night. I don't think he really forced anything and the effort on defense is encouraging - of course it's going to be awhile before the optics change on that especially with this civil war we going on.

He kept looking at Luke in the 4th when he was on the bench...probably expecting to be in the game. I hope that motivates him so that he can improve his play even more to be on the floor when it's crunch time.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:49 am    Post subject:

lonzobryant wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

I liked how he played last night. I don't think he really forced anything and the effort on defense is encouraging - of course it's going to be awhile before the optics change on that especially with this civil war we going on.

He kept looking at Luke in the 4th when he was on the bench...probably expecting to be in the game. I hope that motivates him so that he can improve his play even more to be on the floor when it's crunch time.

Who would have thought that Hart would be the one taking Kuzma's PF minutes (even for a game)?
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:09 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma is legit the worst defensive player on the team, makes Lebron look like Kawhi
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:09 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:

Come up with some new material, you regurgitate the same thing x100 times a day.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:13 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
lonzobryant wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

Who would have thought that Hart would be the one taking Kuzma's PF minutes (even for a game)?

Hart works at the 4 next to a legit 5 (more so Tyson than Javale). Overall, he's a better defender at the 4 than Kuz - stronger in the post, better on the glass in terms of boxing out and boarding, more capable of switching onto smaller players (even though he still struggles defensively at the point of attack) and he's quicker on rotations and better at forcing TOs.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 386, 387, 388 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 387 of 880
Jump to: