OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 389, 390, 391 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:00 pm    Post subject:

That or Kuzma is best as a 6th man coming off the bench being a sparkplug against second units and Luke is having a Byron moment like when he started Clarkson at point guard in his 2nd year.
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:46 pm    Post subject:

What a terrible performance. Dude just looked lost and uninterested, very disappointing
KB824MJ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:47 pm    Post subject:

PauPau wrote:
What a terrible performance. Dude just looked lost and uninterested, very disappointing
that's 2 games in a row that that's happened. Maybe him and Lonzo partied too hard
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Feels like his rookie season got to his head.
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma attitude starting to remind me of Clarkson ... going Hollywood
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:01 pm    Post subject:

Remember that game when Kuzma dropped 37? What happened Kuz? What happened
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:05 pm    Post subject:

give him time...he'll come around
giordan0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:06 pm    Post subject:

Kuz, if not scoring - isn't contributing in other areas.

Luke played him too many minutes for his meagre output.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:26 pm    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
Coaching staff broke this kid. Shoulda focused more on improving his 3 over the summer. I don't see the same fluidity he had on offense last year.

Instead of being an elite offensive player with minimal defense, he's now just a mediocre offensive player with mediocre defense, you know, kinda like Luke. Not a good place to be. By being an elite offensive player, he could at least bring something to the table.

He needs to get the 3 ball back. And what about the floaters and hookshots? Dont see much of it anymore. Last year, he also had a bunch of double doubles, points and rebounds.

I guess I missed the coaching staff telling him not to work on his game
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:47 pm    Post subject:

Maybe Kuz just can't shoot.

Aside from his rookie year, he's shot below 33% from 3 from his days to Utah to now.
The God Particle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:54 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
3baller wrote:
Coaching staff broke this kid. Shoulda focused more on improving his 3 over the summer. I don't see the same fluidity he had on offense last year.

Instead of being an elite offensive player with minimal defense, he's now just a mediocre offensive player with mediocre defense, you know, kinda like Luke. Not a good place to be. By being an elite offensive player, he could at least bring something to the table.

He needs to get the 3 ball back. And what about the floaters and hookshots? Dont see much of it anymore. Last year, he also had a bunch of double doubles, points and rebounds.

I guess I missed the coaching staff telling him not to work on his game

My concern with Kuzma's outside shot is that it was just a flash in the pan. He had a great summer league and first few months of shooting in his rookie season. Outside of that heat wave, he's never really shown to be the elite shooter many think of him.

After the heat wave where he developed this reputation, he's never really shown to be a knock down shooter. The multiple years at Utah he didn't show he was a shooter. This year and for the last 50 games of last year, he's shown to be a below average shooter.

Regressing to the mean.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:55 pm    Post subject:

YSong wrote:
Kuzma attitude starting to remind me of Clarkson ... going Hollywood

They both have the same crazy eyes.
The God Particle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:58 pm    Post subject:

CantStopJM wrote:
Maybe Kuz just can't shoot.

Aside from his rookie year, he's shot below 33% from 3 from his days to Utah to now.

I think this is it more than anything.

And in his rookie season it was really just the first few months. He finished his rookie season at the league average (+/- 1%).

His summer league and first few months in his rookie season were just off the charts, and he developed this "knockdown shooter" reputation.

He's just not an excellent shooter.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:58 pm    Post subject:

We should have sold high on these guys.
The God Particle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:59 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:

Yes, we should have.
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:14 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
we literally saw this with clarkson and people wanted it to be different. He’s more likeable than Clarkson and he has a social media reputation that’s going to help him but it was around this time clarksons 2nd year that people started to turn on him.
Tyrion Lannister
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:16 pm    Post subject:

The scouting report is out on him. He hasn't improved his game at all.
Yellow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:13 am    Post subject:

He's not Clarkson. Even when Clarkson is scoring, he stifles the rest of the offense.

Clarkson dribbles excessively and is only registering a baffling 1.7 assists per game.

Considering his contract, Kuzma is still valuable. But, as far as on-the-court production, I believe that Beasley can give the team something similar. If you can include him in a trade for Kemba or another star, you do it.
kobe8One
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:16 am    Post subject:

You know Kuz plays better at home and you know he shots better when Lonzo pass him the ball. Kuz you know is the only player cutting to the basket for Lebron. He should be OK.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:05 am    Post subject:

Tyrion Lannister wrote:
The scouting report is out on him. He hasn't improved his game at all.

True. Last year, nobody knew about him.
This year, teams made adjustments.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:23 am    Post subject:

I think the biggest thing is that his three point shot isn't falling. In college he was a below average three point shooter. Then he hit the SPL last year and caught fire, rode that wave for most of the season. The shot isn't falling this season though, he's shooting 29% from three.

His cuts have been good, that's where he's getting most of his points. But it seems to me like he is putting pressure on himself. He was out of sorts and pressing last night.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:53 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
3baller wrote:

Dude did 3 a days AND worked on his 3-ball.

So, this is all, incorrect. If anything, he overtrained.

I still think last years shooting was possibly just a good season. Not indicative of how good a shooter or non shooter he actually is. I said quite a few pages back when he was being blasted for poor shooting this year that his body of work sans last year says he’s not that good of a shooter TBH. I definitely don’t think he did t train, everyone knows how hard this kid worked this offseason. I DO believe he’s. Ought into the Hollywood lifestyle and his own hype just a bit though.

Not sure if anyone remembers, but he was lighting it up last year as well and then Luke and the staff asked him to do more than just score and he went into a huge funk and was no longer producing very well. It’s possible that like a few have said that the guy is just a hot/cold scorer who adds little else to your team when the scoring isn’t on, which is a shame because he has the passing ability, and lateral movement to really be a damn good all around player.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:03 am    Post subject:

His offense has been decent this year, other than his 3 ball. His defense hasn't improved a lick, however. And he seems pretty uninterested in boxing out and getting after rebounds, the most basic thing he could be doing, especially on nights where he's not hot offensively.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:10 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
His offense has been decent this year, other than his 3 ball. His defense hasn't improved a lick, however. And he seems pretty uninterested in boxing out and getting after rebounds, the most basic thing he could be doing, especially on nights where he's not hot offensively.

That’s what irks me the most. He really started to earn his minutes last year by hustlin for the rebounds and getting second chance buckets for us. That allowed him the mi utes to show what else he was capable of on the professional level. This year, he has zero interest in doing ANYTHING outside of scoring and when he does get a rebound I tend to get the lightest cringe because I already know he plans on pushing it himself with a full head of steam and no plans on making a pass.
Kjj10697X
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:28 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:

That’s what irks me the most. He really started to earn his minutes last year by hustlin for the rebounds and getting second chance buckets for us. That allowed him the mi utes to show what else he was capable of on the professional level. This year, he has zero interest in doing ANYTHING outside of scoring and when he does get a rebound I tend to get the lightest cringe because I already know he plans on pushing it himself with a full head of steam and no plans on making a pass.

All the negativity on this thread. Give the guy a break. It’s his second year and he’s only making 1.5 million. Let it play out.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 389, 390, 391 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 390 of 880
Jump to: