OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 512, 513, 514 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:30 am    Post subject:

Kjj10697X wrote:
What's with all this talk about Kuz being a bench player? Unless there is someone on this team that will play better than Kuz at the 3 with LeBron James at the 4 or play better than Kuz at the 4 with Lebron at the 3, then he remains a starter.

No point discussing where Kuz would be ideal at on another team. This is all about the Lakers. On the Lakers team as of right now, he is the starter.

I understand that these posts are just opinions. Like Floyd says....opinions are like assh$l$s. Everyone has one.

my opinion is that when we get that power forward we need Kuz will be the championship piece coming off the bench with his 20+ in 20+ minutes

We can win with Kuz...that chip is an extra stretch
UKUGA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:30 am    Post subject:

"It just wasn't my night," Kuzma said. "You can't be perfect all 82. I've got to be better, for sure."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/raptors-beat-lakers-lebron-struggling-with-limited-minutes/ar-BBUNdEl?ocid=ientp

Well, there you have it. Kuzma admits he wasn't perfect last night.

Baby steps.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:01 am    Post subject:

Kuzma needs to be backing up an elite defensive role player. You have to play him with and behind a guy who plays the way yih want Kuzma to play.

Magic accurately criticized the previous regime for having too many of the same type of players (ie. Clarkson, Russell, and Lou Williams), but he's guilty as well with Kuzma and James.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:04 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
Kuzma needs to be backing up an elite defensive role player. You have to play him with and behind a guy who plays the way yih want Kuzma to play.

Magic accurately criticized the previous regime for having too many of the same type of players (ie. Clarkson, Russell, and Lou Williams), but he's guilty as well with Kuzma and James.

he will be an interesting extension case. I think he will fall in the JC range, and not sure the team will be willing to keep him as a backup big at that price.

However, we have 2 more controlled years and he's great at that price given his likely role.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:18 am    Post subject:

6th man role is ideal for him.. He cant defend, cant rebound, and when hes not hitting his shot hes useless out there. Perfect 6th man skill set imo
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:23 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

he will be an interesting extension case. I think he will fall in the JC range, and not sure the team will be willing to keep him as a backup big at that price.

However, we have 2 more controlled years and he's great at that price given his likely role.

Kuz will get big money.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:28 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

Kuz will get big money.

Eh. Define "big."

B/c 20m+? Doubt it. And if he did, I'm not sure we should match that.
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:44 am    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
6th man role is ideal for him.. He cant defend, cant rebound, and when hes not hitting his shot hes useless out there. Perfect 6th man skill set imo

Right now Kuzma seems better suited to a Lou Williams type role. Instant offense off the bench. They don't offer much else besides scoring. Lou Williams is a better player though.

If you pay Kuzma much more than that, it would be a mistake but someone probably does. The idiot media pundits generally are all high on Kuzma.

If Kuzma developed into a complete player, then it would be a different story.
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:33 am    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:

this
RealSkipBayless
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:44 am    Post subject:

Kuzma or Ingram should lead the 2nd unit. They would still get like 28 minutes a night but we wouldn’t be as vulnerable at certain points in the game.

I’m not sure which though. You could argue that Ingram is a playmaker and would be better suited. Then again Kuzma struggles defensively and might be better off. I dunno.

Last edited by RealSkipBayless on Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:46 am    Post subject:

Staccatos wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:

Right now Kuzma seems better suited to a Lou Williams type role. Instant offense off the bench. They don't offer much else besides scoring. Lou Williams is a better player though.

If you pay Kuzma much more than that, it would be a mistake but someone probably does. The idiot media pundits generally are all high on Kuzma.

If Kuzma developed into a complete player, then it would be a different story.

Our bench scoring was non-existent.

We could have used him there.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:47 am    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:

I disagree. He needs others to set him up offensively so putting him with lesser players would likely hurt his production. I think he’s more of a typical 5th starter who plays less than a bench player or two he starts over.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:38 pm    Post subject:

My opinion of Kuzma has dropped over the past few months honestly. I don’t think he deserves to be mentioned in a group with Lonzo and BI in terms of being assets.
Yung Drip King
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:11 pm    Post subject:

7 points last night, 10 points on 5-13 fg tonight so far. Still can’t shoot 3s...at least he is not as useless as Josh Hart. He’s a 6th man at best, bench player on a contending team.
L.A.T.W
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:20 pm    Post subject:

Yung Drip King wrote:
7 points last night, 10 points on 5-13 fg tonight so far. Still can’t shoot 3s...at least he is not as useless as Josh Hart. He’s a 6th man at best, bench player on a contending team.

He has 9 assists and 6 rebounds too.All players have off nights even the all stars have bad stretches like Paul George recently. Players who average 19,6 & 3 by their 2nd year are rare especially as a 27th pick.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:05 pm    Post subject:

L.A.T.W wrote:
Players who average 19,6 & 3 by their 2nd year are rare especially as a 27th pick.

Here on LG we tend to value players based on what they averaged for the last game. Check out this thread when hit had 30+ point games...
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:06 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

Kuz will get big money.
Naw son.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:09 pm    Post subject:

Our top 3 young guys have tanked their values pretty solid.
PassTheBooze
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:13 pm    Post subject:

l4kerz wrote:
If Kuz doesn’t improve his defense, he’s going to turn into Melo without a post game.

That’s disrespectful to Melo
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:36 pm    Post subject:

He’s slumped a bit lately. It happens. We also sure weren’t talking about him like this when he was blowing up back in December/January either. Brandon was playing like crap for a while too. Probably shouldn’t draw huge assumptions from the best or the worst of his play.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:12 pm    Post subject:

PassTheBooze wrote:
l4kerz wrote:
If Kuz doesn’t improve his defense, he’s going to turn into Melo without a post game.

That’s disrespectful to Melo

How people forgot young Melo... Maybe old Melo tho.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:35 am    Post subject:

Not sure if i have seen many 30% 3pt shooter turning into 40% volume shooters in their career.
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:33 am    Post subject:

RealSkipBayless wrote:
Kuzma or Ingram should lead the 2nd unit. They would still get like 28 minutes a night but we wouldn’t be as vulnerable at certain points in the game.

I’m not sure which though. You could argue that Ingram is a playmaker and would be better suited. Then again Kuzma struggles defensively and might be better off. I dunno.

Earlier in the season I thought Ingram as sixth man. Now perhaps Kuzma. Agree totally with this. Team needs a defensive minded PF/C. Tyson Chandler in his prime would have been ideal. Team needs to stop trying to be GSW. Josh Hart is NOT a PF. LBJ/Kuz/Ingram are three tweeners. Should have kept Randle he was the polar opposite in being physical. I mean it was obvious to all of us apparently except Maginca.
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:26 am    Post subject:

I don't see as much Lakers games as usual now that our season is over, are they asking him to focus more on his passing game ? 10 in the last game, 6 in the first half today ? Do you feel he' playing differently ?
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:26 am    Post subject:

o rebounds for a PF

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 512, 513, 514 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 513 of 880
Jump to: