OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 558, 559, 560 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:07 am    Post subject:

Staccatos wrote:
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1166720822746243072

Quote:
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn

Los Angeles Lakers F Kyle Kuzma has signed with @CAA_Basketball for his on and off court representation.

If it is Aaron Mintz again, I expect Kuzma's stay with the Lakers to be short-lived.

Klutch is going to trade him for Bradley Beal halfway through the season
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:09 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Staccatos wrote:

Quote:
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn

Los Angeles Lakers F Kyle Kuzma has signed with @CAA_Basketball for his on and off court representation.

If it is Aaron Mintz again, I expect Kuzma's stay with the Lakers to be short-lived.

Um that would be awesome if we could trade for Beal using Kuz + matching salaries (which we don't really have unless Green/KCP are involved).
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:47 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Staccatos wrote:

Quote:
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn

Um that would be awesome if we could trade for Beal using Kuz + matching salaries (which we don't really have unless Green/KCP are involved).

Not a bad trade given window to win and setting up a Beal/AD combo. We will see what Jeanie thinks and how far Klutch power goes, if wizards look to move him and they want Kuz.

I think he’s done with the wizards. He gets traded during season imo.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:22 am    Post subject:

I personally don’t care if Kuz’s new agent in Mintz... But I’m guessing it’ll be the guy who’s representing Zo.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:39 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
I personally don’t care if Kuz’s new agent in Mintz... But I’m guessing it’ll be the guy who’s representing Zo.

Leon Rose.
Lakerpark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:43 am    Post subject:

If they trade Kuzma for Beal, what will they do with so many guards? They will need some front court help. Who goes and who stays? There would have to be more trades coming then.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:52 am    Post subject:

AD-Beal is not a championship pairing. But AD-Giannis certainly would be, which is why a trade for Beal isn't going to happen anyway.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:44 am    Post subject:

Kyle Kuzma is gone. CAA agents hate the Lakers. Aaron Mintz single handled ruined our last three off seasons. Tampering fine. Randle rescinded. George resigned. Leonard collusion. Need to trade him before they get a knife in the back.
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:10 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Kyle Kuzma is gone. CAA agents hate the Lakers. Aaron Mintz single handled ruined our last three off seasons. Tampering fine. Randle rescinded. George resigned. Leonard collusion. Need to trade him before they get a knife in the back.

Agreed, CAA and the Lakers are not on the best of terms. Kuzma must have known this, time to trade him while his value is still high.
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:12 pm    Post subject:

That's why I'm iffy on Rob going forward as the GM

CAA is way too big not to be on the best of terms.
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:17 pm    Post subject:

dabask11 wrote:

We have Klutch! Screw CAA
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:20 pm    Post subject:

al242 wrote:
dabask11 wrote:

We have Klutch! Screw CAA

Why can't we have both?
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:39 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Leon Rose.

https://twitter.com/taniaganguli/status/1166751817734078465

Tanya confirms:

Quote:

Tania Ganguli
@taniaganguli
Kuzma’s primary agent will be Leon Rose.

Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
· 6h
9:38 AM · Aug 28, 2019
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:51 pm    Post subject:

dabask11 wrote:

Oh well, this nothing-burger got squashed ASAP! Turns out the Lakers and Rob are way too big for CAA to assign Mintz to Kuzma... his agent will be Leon Rose.
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:04 pm    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
dabask11 wrote:

Oh well, this nothing-burger got squashed ASAP! Turns out the Lakers and Rob are way too big for CAA to assign Mintz to Kuzma... his agent will be Leon Rose.

And?

It still doesn't erase some concerns since mintz and rose are still under the same umbrella. Mintz was ultimately vindicated this past summer and it's likely everyone in the same agency took notice as well.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:09 pm    Post subject:

LOL. You guys are hilarious.

Kuzma is gone.
AD is gone.

What's next?

LeBron is gone to finish his career in Cleveland??
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:31 pm    Post subject:

Eh it's only Kuzma. I'd be sweating it out if AD announced he was gonna be repped by CAA.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:47 pm    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
LOL. You guys are hilarious.

Kuzma is gone.
AD is gone.

What's next?

LeBron is gone to finish his career in Cleveland??

LeBron back to Cleveland is very realistic, though, if not likely. I'll be surprised if he doesn't sign a one year deal with Cleveland to play his last season there.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:55 pm    Post subject:

Bradley Beal is ideal for a Lebron AD big 3. Thought that the moment we struck out in free agency. His deal expires in 2021. Maybe Wiz will be willing to trade him not this upcoming season but the season after. Maybe. But considering we don't have picks left. It'll be a tough trade for us to make.
Gepetto
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:26 pm    Post subject:

Lakerpark wrote:
If they trade Kuzma for Beal, what will they do with so many guards? They will need some front court help. Who goes and who stays? There would have to be more trades coming then.

If we could actually trade Kuzma for Beal, it would be the first scenario I've heard yet where I'd welcome Melo joining our team.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:08 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Bradley Beal is ideal for a Lebron AD big 3. Thought that the moment we struck out in free agency. His deal expires in 2021. Maybe Wiz will be willing to trade him not this upcoming season but the season after. Maybe. But considering we don't have picks left. It'll be a tough trade for us to make.

That’s the problem with not going after a guy like DLo early in free agency when Kawhi was being sketchy. A deal for Beal at years end for DLo/Kuz is a pretty good haul for both teams
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:15 am    Post subject:

dabask11 wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
dabask11 wrote:

And?

It still doesn't erase some concerns since mintz and rose are still under the same umbrella. Mintz was ultimately vindicated this past summer and it's likely everyone in the same agency took notice as well.

How was he vindicated? Has there been any news that vindicated him from being a scumbag? I thought after that whole Paul George to Clippers thing, we should hate him even more....
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:52 am    Post subject:

dabask11 wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
dabask11 wrote:

And?

Who cares and why do you need to bring Rob into this? It takes two hands to clap! CAA are a business too, a much smaller business than the Lakers... and so it would be in their best interests to push to fix their relationship with the team, if it needs fixing... which I am sure Rob would be open to doing if needed and if CAA acted in good faith from here on out. He doesn't seem the type who would cut off his nose to spite his face, that's not a quality you will find in a good agent... and Rob was apparently one of the best.
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:40 am    Post subject:

al242 wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
dabask11 wrote:

And?

How was he vindicated? Has there been any news that vindicated him from being a scumbag? I thought after that whole Paul George to Clippers thing, we should hate him even more....

He was vindicated because he ultimately got the best for his clients. Randle got paid in NY after we treated him like crap. Dlo got the max and landed in GS after we traded him while thrashing him out the door. PG stayed in OKC long enough to avoid our drama while eventually being traded to LA shortly there after. He also landed on a better runned team than us with another superstar and the best shot at at title he's ever had so far.

Just because we got the short end of the stick doesn't change the results of his work. CAA is too big not to notice something like this.
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:21 am    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
dabask11 wrote:

And?

Who cares and why do you need to bring Rob into this? It takes two hands to clap! CAA are a business too, a much smaller business than the Lakers... and so it would be in their best interests to push to fix their relationship with the team, if it needs fixing... which I am sure Rob would be open to doing if needed and if CAA acted in good faith from here on out. He doesn't seem the type who would cut off his nose to spite his face, that's not a quality you will find in a good agent... and Rob was apparently one of the best.

Who cares about one the biggest agencies representing multiple players not being on the best terms because of poor history with our GM?

LOL. CAA just saw some of their clients leave the lakers and ending up getting paid significantly. They also saw a client connected to the lakers for years ending up in his preferred location with a better basketball situation. If anything it's the Lakers right now who need to show CAA they have the best interest in their clients. They just recently saw another one (Lonzo) get traded after signing with the agency.

Rob may not cut off his nose to spite his face but it doesn't change the fact burnt bridges are very hard to repair. I'd rather have a gm who doesn't need to fix such a relationship by not having the history.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 558, 559, 560 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 559 of 880
Jump to: