OFFICIAL KYLE KUZMANIA THREAD (new shot form, p541; team USA, p551; clips, p560)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 559, 560, 561, 562  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Sep 2001
Posts: 8029
Location: Eagle Rock

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:44 am    Post subject:

We already have way too many guards on the team and y'all are advocating trading away our best shooting big for ..... yet another short guard?

Can Beal play center when DH flames out?
_________________
R.I.P. Doc Buss
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kikanga
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Sep 2012
Posts: 20501
Location: La La Land

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:48 am    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
We already have way too many guards on the team and y'all are advocating trading away our best shooting big for ..... yet another short guard?

Can Beal play center when DH flames out?


Considering the salary and talent difference. It wouldn't be a 1 for 1 trade. So we'd probably lose a guard or 2 as well. Maybe get another cheap wing in return.

It's a moot point anyways. We don't have the picks to trade for beal.
_________________
Turn your losses into lessons. - Mike "The Situation"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DLaker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 14 Jul 2005
Posts: 917

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:57 am    Post subject:

Kuz USA Clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulevV-KnOwk

Coach Nick (What he saw in Kuz college days) 8:29

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18y7opRIeKk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Jun 2003
Posts: 5315
Location: Central Coast

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:46 pm    Post subject:

Maybe Cook becomes our Beal-lite?
_________________
LAKERS 2019-2020: Let's do this...the Lakers are back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Dec 2018
Posts: 1810

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:37 pm    Post subject:

dabask11 wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
That's why I'm iffy on Rob going forward as the GM

CAA is way too big not to be on the best of terms.

Oh well, this nothing-burger got squashed ASAP! Turns out the Lakers and Rob are way too big for CAA to assign Mintz to Kuzma... his agent will be Leon Rose.


And?

It still doesn't erase some concerns since mintz and rose are still under the same umbrella. Mintz was ultimately vindicated this past summer and it's likely everyone in the same agency took notice as well.

Who cares and why do you need to bring Rob into this? It takes two hands to clap! CAA are a business too, a much smaller business than the Lakers... and so it would be in their best interests to push to fix their relationship with the team, if it needs fixing... which I am sure Rob would be open to doing if needed and if CAA acted in good faith from here on out. He doesn't seem the type who would cut off his nose to spite his face, that's not a quality you will find in a good agent... and Rob was apparently one of the best.


Who cares about one the biggest agencies representing multiple players not being on the best terms because of poor history with our GM?

LOL. CAA just saw some of their clients leave the lakers and ending up getting paid significantly. They also saw a client connected to the lakers for years ending up in his preferred location with a better basketball situation. If anything it's the Lakers right now who need to show CAA they have the best interest in their clients. They just recently saw another one (Lonzo) get traded after signing with the agency.

Rob may not cut off his nose to spite his face but it doesn't change the fact burnt bridges are very hard to repair. I'd rather have a gm who doesn't need to fix such a relationship by not having the history.

Hmm. Doesn't seem like there's a point to debating with you and your desire to find obtuse ways to put Rob down. I mean, you're even going to the extent of using this Mintz thing as a reason to get rid of Rob instead of looking at his positive performance in EVERY OTHER AREA as GM of the team since Magic left, which is ridiculous. Ironically, since we were using the quote... do you even realize that what you're doing there (i.e., suggesting we replace Rob to please CAA) is the very definition of cutting off your nose to spite your face?

You also seem to be suggesting that we would not get CAA clients because of burnt bridges? Which implies that you think an agency would not do what is in the best interests of their clients or would not act in accordance with their clients' desires, in the year 2019-20 when there are no Don Kings in this sport. If there is a CAA client who we want, and who wants to be here at the price we're willing to pay, I believe they will do what they need to as professionals to facilitate the signing/trade... as will the Lakers/Rob.

And this quote... "If anything it's the Lakers right now who need to show CAA they have the best interest in their clients"... I also disagree with, unless you expect the Lakers to never trade/waive/fire anyone ever again for fear of showing every agent/player that we "don't have their best interests" at heart!

So, to wind up... I'm not going to lose any sleep over CAA.


Last edited by LAL1947 on Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:09 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kikanga
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Sep 2012
Posts: 20501
Location: La La Land

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:56 pm    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
Maybe Cook becomes our Beal-lite?


He played with alot of confidence in the finals. Even after going games on end without game time. I respected that. But he doesn't have the shooting gene like Beal does. Only other combo guard in the league that has it is McCullom. Steph and Buddy Hield have that shooter trait. But I consider them traditional PGs and SGs.
_________________
Turn your losses into lessons. - Mike "The Situation"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 31259

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:59 pm    Post subject:

I wish he wasn’t tiny, I just can’t get excited about him
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Apr 2017
Posts: 1691

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:14 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
I wish he wasn’t tiny, I just can’t get excited about him


Kuz or Cook?!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 May 2005
Posts: 1978

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:37 am    Post subject:

LOL, It's really funny the fear some posters here have to Kuz becoming a very good player.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Aug 2017
Posts: 4572

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:46 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
I wish he wasn’t tiny, I just can’t get excited about him


A lot of you will be eating major crow this season about Kuz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2016
Posts: 6748
Location: Long Beach

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:41 pm    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
LOL, It's really funny the fear some posters here have to Kuz becoming a very good player.


He's already a good player.. still a young pup. Seems reasonable to expect him to be very good at some point.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 31259

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:57 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
I wish he wasn’t tiny, I just can’t get excited about him


A lot of you will be eating major crow this season about Kuz


this was about Cook my man
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Aug 2017
Posts: 4572

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:56 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
I wish he wasn’t tiny, I just can’t get excited about him


A lot of you will be eating major crow this season about Kuz


this was about Cook my man


You didn’t quote anyone and posted in a Kuzma thread
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 31259

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:01 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
I wish he wasn’t tiny, I just can’t get excited about him


A lot of you will be eating major crow this season about Kuz


this was about Cook my man


You didn’t quote anyone and posted in a Kuzma thread


all good
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Dec 2012
Posts: 1552

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:20 pm    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
That's why I'm iffy on Rob going forward as the GM

CAA is way too big not to be on the best of terms.

Oh well, this nothing-burger got squashed ASAP! Turns out the Lakers and Rob are way too big for CAA to assign Mintz to Kuzma... his agent will be Leon Rose.


And?

It still doesn't erase some concerns since mintz and rose are still under the same umbrella. Mintz was ultimately vindicated this past summer and it's likely everyone in the same agency took notice as well.

Who cares and why do you need to bring Rob into this? It takes two hands to clap! CAA are a business too, a much smaller business than the Lakers... and so it would be in their best interests to push to fix their relationship with the team, if it needs fixing... which I am sure Rob would be open to doing if needed and if CAA acted in good faith from here on out. He doesn't seem the type who would cut off his nose to spite his face, that's not a quality you will find in a good agent... and Rob was apparently one of the best.


Who cares about one the biggest agencies representing multiple players not being on the best terms because of poor history with our GM?

LOL. CAA just saw some of their clients leave the lakers and ending up getting paid significantly. They also saw a client connected to the lakers for years ending up in his preferred location with a better basketball situation. If anything it's the Lakers right now who need to show CAA they have the best interest in their clients. They just recently saw another one (Lonzo) get traded after signing with the agency.

Rob may not cut off his nose to spite his face but it doesn't change the fact burnt bridges are very hard to repair. I'd rather have a gm who doesn't need to fix such a relationship by not having the history.

Hmm. Doesn't seem like there's a point to debating with you and your desire to find obtuse ways to put Rob down. I mean, you're even going to the extent of using this Mintz thing as a reason to get rid of Rob instead of looking at his positive performance in EVERY OTHER AREA as GM of the team since Magic left, which is ridiculous. Ironically, since we were using the quote... do you even realize that what you're doing there (i.e., suggesting we replace Rob to please CAA) is the very definition of cutting off your nose to spite your face?

You also seem to be suggesting that we would not get CAA clients because of burnt bridges? Which implies that you think an agency would not do what is in the best interests of their clients or would not act in accordance with their clients' desires, in the year 2019-20 when there are no Don Kings in this sport. If there is a CAA client who we want, and who wants to be here at the price we're willing to pay, I believe they will do what they need to as professionals to facilitate the signing/trade... as will the Lakers/Rob.

And this quote... "If anything it's the Lakers right now who need to show CAA they have the best interest in their clients"... I also disagree with, unless you expect the Lakers to never trade/waive/fire anyone ever again for fear of showing every agent/player that we "don't have their best interests" at heart!

So, to wind up... I'm not going to lose any sleep over CAA.


If I wanted to put rob down in obtuse ways, I'd be saying rob shouldn't be here because he's going to ruin the relationship with klutch just like he did with mintz/CAA. There's no evidence of it happening so far.

The only reason I bring up rob is because of kuz signing with CAA. And why is it an issue to put Rob down in obtuse ways? He isn't a laker legend who contributed to the franchise. He also isn't regarded as a rising executive by his peers or a top executive in general. He's proven little so far as a gm and why should that be acceptable for one of the most prestigious franchises in the league? Especially when there were better options available this summer like griffin.

Positive performance in every other area since magic left? First magic is arguably the worst FO executive of all time. He's a snitch, quitter who doesn't understand modern basketball and will likely never get another FO job. That's a really low bar to overcome. Second it's not like there weren't any negatives/question marks to counteract what positives Rob has done.

Coaching- Phil handy is the only positive. Penberthy, Crawford and Vogel are wait/see. Hollins is questionable and Kidd is a negative. The lack of an offensive coordinator is a negative sticking out like a shooting coach last year. Then there's the terrible process of how Vogel even became the head coach.

Trades- Traded for AD but there's just as much risk given his FA status+the assets we gave up.

FA- Stuck out and got played like a fiddle in the kawhi saga. Got shooting but overpaid for danny green and signed players like cook/daniels, who can't do anything else or dudley, who can't play for long stretches. Mcgee is a solid signing and avery bradley is a wait/see so far. KCP/Rondo are terrible and Cousins was a positive but turning into a negative given his injury and off-court drama. Signed dwight after he had burnt the lakers and others teams along the way while coming off a second back surgery.

Misc- Judy seto is a positive but the training staff is the same minus marco nunez, which is a bit questionable when someone like gunnar is still aboard. Scouting staff took a hit with the departure of Ryan West and there's no signs we are improving the use of analytics.

"If there is a CAA client who we want and who wants to be here..." That's the big issue, especially when it comes to stars. Why would a STAR CAA agent want to come here? Just like there are no don kings in 2019-2020, the Laker brand alone is no longer a reason for Stars to sign with them. Stars don't care about playing for the Lakers solely because of franchise history and prestige. This was more evident when a star chose the clippers over us because of other reasons while making us look like fools in the process.

How many times have the lakers been used in rumors only for stars to sign elsewhere? I'll believe such signings when I see Rob make them, especially as long as rejection piles keeps on growing with Kawhi being the latest addition. All we've shown CAA clients is to stay away for now given the contracts DLO and Randle got this offseason.

The lakers are within their right not to fear trading for players because they don't have their interests at heart. They also have to understand the risks in doing so or they'll be looking like fools they were in the kawhi saga.

So to wind up.... I could care less about Rob. I'll give him praise/criticism depending on what he does but until he truly earns it, I'd rather have someone more proven at the helm.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 23 Mar 2012
Posts: 17454

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:59 am    Post subject:

He could have helped
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Sep 2001
Posts: 8029
Location: Eagle Rock

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:22 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
We already have way too many guards on the team and y'all are advocating trading away our best shooting big for ..... yet another short guard?

Can Beal play center when DH flames out?


Considering the salary and talent difference. It wouldn't be a 1 for 1 trade. So we'd probably lose a guard or 2 as well. Maybe get another cheap wing in return.

It's a moot point anyways. We don't have the picks to trade for beal.


Good! We need more short players like we need a hole in the head.
_________________
R.I.P. Doc Buss
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Aug 2008
Posts: 12383
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:53 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
We already have way too many guards on the team and y'all are advocating trading away our best shooting big for ..... yet another short guard?

Can Beal play center when DH flames out?


Considering the salary and talent difference. It wouldn't be a 1 for 1 trade. So we'd probably lose a guard or 2 as well. Maybe get another cheap wing in return.

It's a moot point anyways. We don't have the picks to trade for beal.


Good! We need more short players like we need a hole in the head.



LOL, correct.
_________________
The move
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kikanga
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Sep 2012
Posts: 20501
Location: La La Land

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:45 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
We already have way too many guards on the team and y'all are advocating trading away our best shooting big for ..... yet another short guard?

Can Beal play center when DH flames out?


Considering the salary and talent difference. It wouldn't be a 1 for 1 trade. So we'd probably lose a guard or 2 as well. Maybe get another cheap wing in return.

It's a moot point anyways. We don't have the picks to trade for beal.


Good! We need more short players like we need a hole in the head.



LOL, correct.


If possible. Anybody with 1/2 a brain would trade for the best "short player" in the league (Steph Curry) with the tallest guy on our roster (McGee). It's dumb to say one should only consider height when determining trades.

Just in this scenario some of you prefer Kuzma to Beal. I disagree because I've seen LBJ win chips with an all star guard and big man. But hey it's a free country we can disagree.

Also I'll repeat, any trade involving Beal and Kuzma wouldn't be a 1-for-1 trade. So thinking of it in that sense is inaccurate. We could make a 3 or 4 way trade ensuring we get a big in return. We'd probably have to lose at least 1 higher salary small like D.Green or KCP to make the $ work. But it's a moot point. We don't have the trade assets to get it done.
_________________
Turn your losses into lessons. - Mike "The Situation"


Last edited by kikanga on Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Dec 2018
Posts: 1810

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:33 pm    Post subject:

dabask11 wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
That's why I'm iffy on Rob going forward as the GM

CAA is way too big not to be on the best of terms.

Oh well, this nothing-burger got squashed ASAP! Turns out the Lakers and Rob are way too big for CAA to assign Mintz to Kuzma... his agent will be Leon Rose.


And?

It still doesn't erase some concerns since mintz and rose are still under the same umbrella. Mintz was ultimately vindicated this past summer and it's likely everyone in the same agency took notice as well.

Who cares and why do you need to bring Rob into this? It takes two hands to clap! CAA are a business too, a much smaller business than the Lakers... and so it would be in their best interests to push to fix their relationship with the team, if it needs fixing... which I am sure Rob would be open to doing if needed and if CAA acted in good faith from here on out. He doesn't seem the type who would cut off his nose to spite his face, that's not a quality you will find in a good agent... and Rob was apparently one of the best.


Who cares about one the biggest agencies representing multiple players not being on the best terms because of poor history with our GM?

LOL. CAA just saw some of their clients leave the lakers and ending up getting paid significantly. They also saw a client connected to the lakers for years ending up in his preferred location with a better basketball situation. If anything it's the Lakers right now who need to show CAA they have the best interest in their clients. They just recently saw another one (Lonzo) get traded after signing with the agency.

Rob may not cut off his nose to spite his face but it doesn't change the fact burnt bridges are very hard to repair. I'd rather have a gm who doesn't need to fix such a relationship by not having the history.

Hmm. Doesn't seem like there's a point to debating with you and your desire to find obtuse ways to put Rob down. I mean, you're even going to the extent of using this Mintz thing as a reason to get rid of Rob instead of looking at his positive performance in EVERY OTHER AREA as GM of the team since Magic left, which is ridiculous. Ironically, since we were using the quote... do you even realize that what you're doing there (i.e., suggesting we replace Rob to please CAA) is the very definition of cutting off your nose to spite your face?

You also seem to be suggesting that we would not get CAA clients because of burnt bridges? Which implies that you think an agency would not do what is in the best interests of their clients or would not act in accordance with their clients' desires, in the year 2019-20 when there are no Don Kings in this sport. If there is a CAA client who we want, and who wants to be here at the price we're willing to pay, I believe they will do what they need to as professionals to facilitate the signing/trade... as will the Lakers/Rob.

And this quote... "If anything it's the Lakers right now who need to show CAA they have the best interest in their clients"... I also disagree with, unless you expect the Lakers to never trade/waive/fire anyone ever again for fear of showing every agent/player that we "don't have their best interests" at heart!

So, to wind up... I'm not going to lose any sleep over CAA.


If I wanted to put rob down in obtuse ways, I'd be saying rob shouldn't be here because he's going to ruin the relationship with klutch just like he did with mintz/CAA. There's no evidence of it happening so far.

The only reason I bring up rob is because of kuz signing with CAA. And why is it an issue to put Rob down in obtuse ways? He isn't a laker legend who contributed to the franchise. He also isn't regarded as a rising executive by his peers or a top executive in general. He's proven little so far as a gm and why should that be acceptable for one of the most prestigious franchises in the league? Especially when there were better options available this summer like griffin.

Positive performance in every other area since magic left? First magic is arguably the worst FO executive of all time. He's a snitch, quitter who doesn't understand modern basketball and will likely never get another FO job. That's a really low bar to overcome. Second it's not like there weren't any negatives/question marks to counteract what positives Rob has done.

Coaching- Phil handy is the only positive. Penberthy, Crawford and Vogel are wait/see. Hollins is questionable and Kidd is a negative. The lack of an offensive coordinator is a negative sticking out like a shooting coach last year. Then there's the terrible process of how Vogel even became the head coach.

Trades- Traded for AD but there's just as much risk given his FA status+the assets we gave up.

FA- Stuck out and got played like a fiddle in the kawhi saga. Got shooting but overpaid for danny green and signed players like cook/daniels, who can't do anything else or dudley, who can't play for long stretches. Mcgee is a solid signing and avery bradley is a wait/see so far. KCP/Rondo are terrible and Cousins was a positive but turning into a negative given his injury and off-court drama. Signed dwight after he had burnt the lakers and others teams along the way while coming off a second back surgery.

Misc- Judy seto is a positive but the training staff is the same minus marco nunez, which is a bit questionable when someone like gunnar is still aboard. Scouting staff took a hit with the departure of Ryan West and there's no signs we are improving the use of analytics.

"If there is a CAA client who we want and who wants to be here..." That's the big issue, especially when it comes to stars. Why would a STAR CAA agent want to come here? Just like there are no don kings in 2019-2020, the Laker brand alone is no longer a reason for Stars to sign with them. Stars don't care about playing for the Lakers solely because of franchise history and prestige. This was more evident when a star chose the clippers over us because of other reasons while making us look like fools in the process.

How many times have the lakers been used in rumors only for stars to sign elsewhere? I'll believe such signings when I see Rob make them, especially as long as rejection piles keeps on growing with Kawhi being the latest addition. All we've shown CAA clients is to stay away for now given the contracts DLO and Randle got this offseason.

The lakers are within their right not to fear trading for players because they don't have their interests at heart. They also have to understand the risks in doing so or they'll be looking like fools they were in the kawhi saga.

So to wind up.... I could care less about Rob. I'll give him praise/criticism depending on what he does but until he truly earns it, I'd rather have someone more proven at the helm.

I hate to do this since it looks like you put a lot of effort into this... but...

DID NOT READ.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Apr 2017
Posts: 1691

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:06 am    Post subject:

How is this thread only at page560. Guessing it’s gonna blow up fast if he doesn’t play great.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 31259

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:03 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
not everything is a conspiracy my guys. even a 2 week sprain and he's gone. and NBA teams are super conservative with the international play now

Quote:
@RedsArmy_John
Popovich on Kuzma: It’s a huge disappointment, because he was a young, energetic guy who was really learning and could play a lot of positions for us. Mostly, I feel badly for him, because he missed play, and this holds him back a little bit for the season also. (1/2)
7:37 AM - 25 Aug 2019


@RedsArmy_John
13h13 hours ago
More
Pop on Kuzma cont: ..."So, hopefully, he’ll heal quickly. But, he was wonderful while he was here, and we do miss him." (2/2)


I don't know that there's anything to glean from this. I wouldn't expect Pop to be anything other than complimentary.

There is no way to be sure why he was cut with any certainty. Either way it doesn't matter in my opinion.


mentions Coangelo thinking Kuz was gunna be a big help, but then got injured
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27600706/colangelo-forget-us-world-cup-pullouts

no conspiracy, looked like he was playing well, and they saw that..then the ankle
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Jenn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 31 Oct 2006
Posts: 715

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:01 pm    Post subject:

Lakerpark wrote:
If they trade Kuzma for Beal, what will they do with so many guards? They will need some front court help. Who goes and who stays? There would have to be more trades coming then.


I think that you give up every guard but three of them to get Beal. Not going to happen though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 9381

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:39 am    Post subject:

Jenn wrote:
Lakerpark wrote:
If they trade Kuzma for Beal, what will they do with so many guards? They will need some front court help. Who goes and who stays? There would have to be more trades coming then.


I think that you give up every guard but three of them to get Beal. Not going to happen though.


I actually think that is what the Clippers are trying to pull off before deadline. They won’t trade for Iggy, but they will try and get Beal imo.

I believe Beal is going to be the top available player this season. I don’t think the Lakers have enough to beat out other offers.
_________________
Klutch Angeles Lakers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Sep 2001
Posts: 8029
Location: Eagle Rock

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:37 am    Post subject:

"If possible. Anybody with 1/2 a brain would trade for the best "short player" in the league (Steph Curry) with the tallest guy on our roster (McGee). It's dumb to say one should only consider height when determining trades.

Just in this scenario some of you prefer Kuzma to Beal. I disagree because I've seen LBJ win chips with an all star guard and big man. But hey it's a free country we can disagree.

Also I'll repeat, any trade involving Beal and Kuzma wouldn't be a 1-for-1 trade. So thinking of it in that sense is inaccurate. We could make a 3 or 4 way trade ensuring we get a big in return. We'd probably have to lose at least 1 higher salary small like D.Green or KCP to make the $ work. But it's a moot point. We don't have the trade assets to get it done."

Of course you would trade a crap big for a great guard. I just feel that in regards to this specific team we need to get bigger not smaller. AD is known to miss time. Javale is known to miss time. DH is known to be completely un-reliable as well as injury prone.

Kuzma is really the only bigman we have who has been pretty much able to stay on the floor a whole season. I am very concerned that our lack of bigmen will really hinder our playoff goals. Portland, Utah and Denver all have big front courts, teams we will have to get by to get to the finals.

In addition, Beal has an absolutely ginormous contract and is getting up there in years. Not sure we want to pay so much money to him even if I was not worried about our front court issues.
_________________
R.I.P. Doc Buss
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 559, 560, 561, 562  Next
Page 560 of 562
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB