OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:44 am    Post subject:

Kuzma is 220 lbs right now...do you guys think he will need to gain more weight eventually? In my opinion, if he wants to go against some of the 4's in this league, he might need to get stronger.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:51 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

Ireland was discussing what Cleveland might want in a trade for Lebron James and what the Lakers would be willing to give up. He said the Lakers would give up BI/Kuzman/2 future #1's...but not Zo.

Doesn't work for the Lakers. Ideally, a major contract goes to Cleveland so the Lakers can retain cap space still.

Imo, only way the Lakers send out a big asset is if Deng goes out in the deal. I still doubt they do that either way. Cleveland would probably be relegated to lower level assets (Zubac, Clarkson, Nance, Kuzma, Hart, Bryant etc) and protected picks or the Lakers wait til free agency.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:53 am    Post subject:

oldschool32 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

Ireland was discussing what Cleveland might want in a trade for Lebron James and what the Lakers would be willing to give up. He said the Lakers would give up BI/Kuzman/2 future #1's...but not Zo.

Doesn't work for the Lakers. Ideally, a major contract goes to Cleveland so the Lakers can retain cap space still.

Imo, only way the Lakers send out a big asset is if Deng goes out in the deal. I still doubt they do that either way. Cleveland would probably be relegated to lower level assets (Zubac, Clarkson, Nance, Kuzma, Hart, Bryant etc) and protected picks or the Lakers wait til free agency.

The idea behind a LeBron trade is getting him earlier in age which is a huge benefit. But, 2 rookie scale contracts and two future firsts isn't going to cut it. That erases caproom and basically, further limits the possibilities of getting PG13 as well.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:54 am    Post subject:

rancar wrote:
governator wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
epak wrote:
rancar wrote:
According to John Ireland, Kuzma might be our 3rd best asset behind only Ingram and Ball. Do you guys agree??

Welp since it's Ireland it's a high chance it's not true.
What's his definition of asset? Young asset?
A guy not on a one year deal?
Best player? Best player in 3 years?

Ireland has been a staunch trade the kids for aging stars guy...but he's right here unless Jules tears the roof off with Zo this year.

1. Zo
2. BI
3. Kuzma
4. Randle
5. KCP
6. Larry
7. JC
8. Lopez
9. Zu
10. Hart
11. TMamba
12. Cap Space
13. Future 1sts
14. Future 2nd

is this 'assets' like age/contract$/length contract or purely basketball cause Lopez/KCP and arguably Randle are better than Kuzma now

This is a horrible deal. Even if you want to go after LBJ, he becomes a free agent next year, we aren't winning a championship even if we did trade for him so this is dumb as hell.
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:20 am    Post subject:

Intlakeshow wrote:
kevin61 wrote:
I'll be very interested in his shooting this season. I have a general belief that great shooters are born, but good shooters can be made. Since he wasn't known as a shooter until recently, I'm curious to see if he can continue to be great, or fall back to just being good.

Klay Thompson was a 39% 3p shooter in college, that's good but hardly "great", and look at him now.

Almost 40% , that's great. Klay also had a very long resume beginning in HS as an excellent shooter.
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
rancar wrote:
governator wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
epak wrote:
rancar wrote:
According to John Ireland, Kuzma might be our 3rd best asset behind only Ingram and Ball. Do you guys agree??

Ireland has been a staunch trade the kids for aging stars guy...but he's right here unless Jules tears the roof off with Zo this year.

1. Zo
2. BI
3. Kuzma
4. Randle
5. KCP
6. Larry
7. JC
8. Lopez
9. Zu
10. Hart
11. TMamba
12. Cap Space
13. Future 1sts
14. Future 2nd

is this 'assets' like age/contract$/length contract or purely basketball cause Lopez/KCP and arguably Randle are better than Kuzma now

This is a horrible deal. Even if you want to go after LBJ, he becomes a free agent next year, we aren't winning a championship even if we did trade for him so this is dumb as hell.

^^This. What Rivershow said.^^

Despite the fact that I don't want LeBron as a Laker, eithert as a trade or FA, that trade scenario doesn't make sense for the Lakers, on any level.

Unless the Cavs used Hypno-Toad, from Futurama, that garbage ain't happening.

ZOOM!!!!!!!!
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Kuzma is 220 lbs right now...do you guys think he will need to gain more weight eventually? In my opinion, if he wants to go against some of the 4's in this league, he might need to get stronger.

I see him as the guy backing up Ingram at the 3 at least for this upcoming season, so I think he will be fine
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject:

sonic the laker wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
rancar wrote:
governator wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
epak wrote:
rancar wrote:

1. Zo
2. BI
3. Kuzma
4. Randle
5. KCP
6. Larry
7. JC
8. Lopez
9. Zu
10. Hart
11. TMamba
12. Cap Space
13. Future 1sts
14. Future 2nd

^^This. What Rivershow said.^^

Despite the fact that I don't want LeBron as a Laker, eithert as a trade or FA, that trade scenario doesn't make sense for the Lakers, on any level.

Unless the Cavs used Hypno-Toad, from Futurama, that garbage ain't happening.

ZOOM!!!!!!!!

That proposed trade would get Magic and Rob fired...before Clev could even agree to it.

What I'm suggesting is based upon talent vs contract and control of Bird rights...our top 3 assets are Zo, BI, Kuz...those are our untouchables and I expect all 3 to be in P&G well beyond their rookie deals.

#BannersOverBillboards
Intlakeshow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:39 am    Post subject:

kevin61 wrote:
Intlakeshow wrote:
kevin61 wrote:
I'll be very interested in his shooting this season. I have a general belief that great shooters are born, but good shooters can be made. Since he wasn't known as a shooter until recently, I'm curious to see if he can continue to be great, or fall back to just being good.

Klay Thompson was a 39% 3p shooter in college, that's good but hardly "great", and look at him now.

Almost 40% , that's great. Klay also had a very long resume beginning in HS as an excellent shooter.

The point is that great shooters aren't necessarily born like you suggested. Patty Mills shot 33% in college, and he's now one of the best snipers in the league.
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject:

lets see some nicknames for Kuzma. I'll start.

Kyle "the killer" Kuzma
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:00 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

The idea behind a LeBron trade is getting him earlier in age which is a huge benefit. But, 2 rookie scale contracts and two future firsts isn't going to cut it. That erases caproom and basically, further limits the possibilities of getting PG13 as well.

Please don't let us trade all of our young trio for a phantom 2-3 year window. We've already lost one. Hoping Randle or Kuzma look great this year.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject:

rancar wrote:

I would wait to see Ball and Kuzma play against NBA players. Ingram sucked for more than half of his rookie season.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject:

LakerLand247 wrote:

Kyle "the killer" Kuzma

I've been seeing The Emperor floating around a lot
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject:

Kyle "Baby" Kuzma

FanOfFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject:

LakerLand247 wrote:

Kyle "the killer" Kuzma

Trey K
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject:

LakerLand247 wrote:

Kyle "the killer" Kuzma

Think he's already sick with "Kuuuz".
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject:

Ireland is such an idiot...Can his radio career please end already?
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
akk7 wrote:
Why did he shoot poorly in college, but was lights out in summer league?

I don't follow college hoops.

Cranjis mentioned this on his Twitter feed:

Quote:
I was wrong w/Kuz, & never thought to look at this, but:

Kyle Kuzma Utah 3pt %s

NBA distance 3s: 41%

College 3 (w/o NBA distance 3s): 29%

He was a 41% shooter during college from NBA 3 point range, so it shouldn't surprise anyone what he did in the SPL. He's bad at shooting long 2s, but I don't imagine he'll be taking many of those shots in the NBA.

I wonder if that's more or less a function of how he shoots when he's open vs. when covered. The spacing in the NBA is better so if you have better range you can shoot uncontested. Houston and GS take a lot of shots from 3-ft behind the line because they think being open is more important than being closer.

Some have noted that Kuz has a pretty effortless stroke so maybe he's one of those guys that the extra distance doesn't mean that much.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject:

Lakers2015 wrote:
Ireland is an idiot. Ingram isn't going anywhere. Magic has already made it clear he's untouchable and he should be.

"Manlisten" is an idiot?
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
rancar wrote:

I mean, I don't see why that should shock anyone. It's pretty much true.

Hopefully that means he's going to get plenty of pt. Still, I think Julius is going to surprise a lot of people.
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject:

LakerLand247 wrote:

Kyle "the killer" Kuzma

Maybe we should stay away from 3 Ks.

Kuuuuuz is fun.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:27 pm    Post subject:

True Lakers Fan wrote:
I'm amazed on how quick Kuz gets his shot off. Especially in the pick and pop

Michael Thompson was saying the say thing, how his quick-release reminded him of a GS player named Klay...

He could turn out to be someone who should have gone in the top 10 picks, if he gets enough playing time...
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject:

A lot of people have made the Klay comp which is really, really nuts just thinking about everything else that Kuzma can do and where he was drafted...
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:39 pm    Post subject:

The great thing about b-ball IQ. Add a little bit of athleticism to it and a player can look awesome. Imagine if kuz was super athletic.
misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:25 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
The great thing about b-ball IQ. Add a little bit of athleticism to it and a player can look awesome. Imagine if kuz was super athletic.

Athleticism is great, but it's overrated. What's more important (than athleticism) is fluidity, and he's got it in spades. For example, I favored Tatum over Jackson because while Jackson has athleticism, Tatum has fluidity.

Players with fluidity move on the court with purpose, while athletic dudes who don't have that fluidity are like people who don't know how to drive, and yet they're driving a race car.

Last edited by misterrunon on Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 62 of 880
Jump to: