OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 631, 632, 633 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:31 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
It's wise to rest him. That's the same ankle/foot he suffered the stress reaction that kept him sidelined for over a month.

Yeah. Time for Duds to get some minutes and shut Kuz down for a while.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:38 am    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/NBA_Math/status/1206279001603375104

Kuz killing?...not so much. Actually, he is killing his trade value.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:40 am    Post subject:

I just don't see his skill-set translating into anything more than a fringe starter, bench player.
LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:01 pm    Post subject:

Meanwhile BI is getting 27 pts per game. Got swindled in the trade.
LakergirlsFan710
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:07 pm    Post subject:

LonzoLegend2 wrote:

ummm, Lakers got Anthony Davis in the trade in Return which immediately made them championship favorites.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:48 pm    Post subject:

LonzoLegend2 wrote:

Why do people keep bringing this up? The Pelicans wanted BI as the center piece.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:50 pm    Post subject:

LonzoLegend2 wrote:

LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:53 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
LonzoLegend2 wrote:

Why do people keep bringing this up? The Pelicans wanted BI as the center piece.

Some will swear up and down that they wanted Kuz more until the end of time.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:00 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
LonzoLegend2 wrote:

HA! No. Griffin's not an idiot. Ingram's a star that's about to break out
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:10 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
LonzoLegend2 wrote:

Current Contract
Brandon Ingram signed a 4 year / $23,823,685 contract with the Los Angeles Lakers, including $23,823,685 guaranteed, and an annual average salary of $5,955,921. In 2019-20, Ingram will earn a base salary of $7,265,485, while carrying a cap hit of $7,265,485 and a dead cap value of $7,265,485.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/new-orleans-pelicans/brandon-ingram-20207/
Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:46 pm    Post subject:

People do realize the Pelicans are 6-20, right ?
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Day wrote:
People do realize the Pelicans are 6-20, right ?

When Zion comes back they will go undefeated
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:06 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
LonzoLegend2 wrote:

True, but we questionably made a point to keep him over a more useful player (Josh Hart) and/or more useful trade assets (future picks).
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:20 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
LonzoLegend2 wrote:

True, but we questionably made a point to keep him over a more useful player (Josh Hart) and/or more useful trade assets (future picks).

Kuz and Lonzo have both been wildly disappointing for both teams. Hart's continued to be a solid role player.

Not sure I would take Hart over Kuz even knowing how the season played out but even if ya'll prefer Hart, it's not some landslide of a difference in good choice or bad choice.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:27 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
LonzoLegend2 wrote:

Kuz and Lonzo have both been wildly disappointing for both teams. Hart's continued to be a solid role player.

Not sure I would take Hart over Kuz even knowing how the season played out but even if ya'll prefer Hart, it's not some landslide of a difference in good choice or bad choice.

Lonzo is still only 22. And i think he plays better around better players. He looked good when he played with Lebron. I would have loved to see how he fit with AD/Lebron. If he can get his shot right, there's a really good player there. Defense, passing, rebounding and high bball IQ.

Hart has been as good as Kuzma from 3, more efficient overall (57% TS vs 54%), but rebounds and plays better defense. No worrying about how he fits in or when/how he's going to become that "third all-star." I also believe had we kept him over Kuz, we'd have gotten to keep at least one of those firsts, which we could combine with Hart (or whoever) into a far more palatable trade package.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:26 pm    Post subject:

BJ Metta
@bj_metta
Jared Dudley last 2 Games:

On Court - 38 mins
OffRtg: 102.7
DefRtg: 89.3
NetRtg: +13.4

The drop off between Dudley & Kuz has not been great if at all. Dudley’s superior defense & knockdown ability fits perfectly into being a role player worthy of more mins alongside LBJ & AD

might need mor dudley and less kuz....
FrankUnderwood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:44 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
2019 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
LonzoLegend2 wrote:

Lonzo is still only 22. And i think he plays better around better players. He looked good when he played with Lebron. I would have loved to see how he fit with AD/Lebron. If he can get his shot right, there's a really good player there. Defense, passing, rebounding and high bball IQ.

Hart has been as good as Kuzma from 3, more efficient overall (57% TS vs 54%), but rebounds and plays better defense. No worrying about how he fits in or when/how he's going to become that "third all-star." I also believe had we kept him over Kuz, we'd have gotten to keep at least one of those firsts, which we could combine with Hart (or whoever) into a far more palatable trade package.

Lakers are 24-3. If you think we were robbed so badly and miss those players just become a NOP fan
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:52 pm    Post subject:

FrankUnderwood wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
2019 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
LonzoLegend2 wrote:

Lakers are 24-3. If you think we were robbed so badly and miss those players just become a NOP fan

getting AD was obviously great.. but whether the parts of the trade benefited us enough to reach a championship ceiling, that won't be known until we face the other teams in our tier in the playoffs. The trade got us in the top tier of the NBA; but it's possible that the trade required more perfect execution to make us the best of 3 teams in that tier. Regular season, with a meh strength of schedule so far...really doesn't mean that much. After sucking for so many years, I think he 24-3 record may mean more to our fans than it would if we weren't at the bottom of the NBA. Best team in the league is not determined in the regular season ; Lakers play for rings not records.. Clippers are trying to improve their roster... I hope we are too. We possibly have 2 players who will show up in the post-season
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:26 pm    Post subject:

Even if we don't win a chip, you still have to be happy with the trade. Could it have been executed better? That's up for debate.

But as I said even before the trade. ANY deal that nets you a future HOF is a deal you're happy about executing, no matter how much you give up.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:28 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Even if we don't win a chip, you still have to be happy with the trade. Could it have been executed better? That's up for debate.

But as I said even before the trade. ANY deal that nets you a future HOF is a deal you're happy about executing, no matter how much you give up.

oh of course, you do the trade every time...a 2 year window as a top tier team is nice, it's rarified air. that said, the eye is still on the prize; despite the alternative of being a middling team with developing youngsters
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:44 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

oh of course, you do the trade every time...a 2 year window as a top tier team is nice, it's rarified air. that said, the eye is still on the prize; despite the alternative of being a middling team with developing youngsters

Agreed..
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:49 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:

Especially if that future hall of famer is still younger than Larry Nance Jr.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:51 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Agreed..

--Anonymous
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:45 pm    Post subject:

FrankUnderwood wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
2019 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
LonzoLegend2 wrote:

Yeah, if you want to pay $20,000 for a $10,000 car then you go for it. Fantastic money management.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:56 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Yeah, if you want to pay $20,000 for a $10,000 car then you go for it. Fantastic money management.

To be fair we did try and warn the Clippers that Kawhi was a $10,000 run down drive with eternal suspension problems but they kept wanting to throw away money ...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 631, 632, 633 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 632 of 880
Jump to: