OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:00 pm    Post subject:

The Experts (whoever they are?) are saying the Lakers might have got the steal of the draft with KK.

How about we give him a chance to prove them right and not trade him just yet?
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
The Experts (whoever they are?) are saying the Lakers might have got the steal of the draft with KK.

How about we give him a chance to prove them right and not trade him just yet?

Well the best thing to come out of this thread...besides DBs hilarious take...is the official final nickname of our 2017 draft class.

1. ZoTime
2. TMamba
3. SnagglePuss
4. & KK

#BannersOverBillboards
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:40 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:

EDIT: GT says at repeatedly in the video above that he expects Zo and Kuz to be running a specific action for 10 years together...does that sound like GT sees an untouchable player or is he prone to hyperbole?

Last I check GT is the 'IT' when it comes to evaluating talent and how they fit with scheme...just sayin LS...just sayin...

Man, don't bring my name into this. I'd hitch a wagon to my back like a donkey and walk Kuzma to LAX if that's all it took to get Kyrie.

I'm obsessed with Kuzma, but I'd also offer to sit on the wagon and whip GT to get there faster.

--Anonymous
JohnWick
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:58 pm    Post subject:

I feel like Kuzma's ceiling will be Lamar Odom with an elite 3pt shot. Hopefully he can reach that one day. Lonzo will help a lot to maximize all of our young guys potential.
mirak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:13 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:

EDIT: GT says at repeatedly in the video above that he expects Zo and Kuz to be running a specific action for 10 years together...does that sound like GT sees an untouchable player or is he prone to hyperbole?

Last I check GT is the 'IT' when it comes to evaluating talent and how they fit with scheme...just sayin LS...just sayin...

Man, don't bring my name into this. I'd hitch a wagon to my back like a donkey and walk Kuzma to LAX if that's all it took to get Kyrie.

I'm obsessed with Kuzma, but I'd also offer to sit on the wagon and whip GT to get their faster.

How your words paint a picture.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

JohnWick wrote:
I feel like Kuzma's ceiling will be Lamar Odom with an elite 3pt shot. Hopefully he can reach that one day. Lonzo will help a lot to maximize all of our young guys potential.

That sounds like a nightmare of player.
mirak
Star Player
Star Player

JohnWick wrote:

He doesn't have the ball handling ability of Lamar. Lamar was the point guard who grew to 6'9''. That's what made him unique.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:

I'm obsessed with Kuzma, but I'd also offer to sit on the wagon and whip GT to get their faster.

I'll play.

As much as I ridiculously stans for Kyrie and think he would be a hell of a backcourt teammate next to Ball, isn't it SUPER difficult to get a stretch 4 that shoots like a guard and can actually do other things on the floor?

If the Lakers give up Kuzma, do we every really get 5-out spacing while retaining athleticism on the floor?

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:30 pm    Post subject:

JohnWick wrote:

I've actually thought about this a lot and it was super difficult for me, because he's parts of different players.

80s into 90s Eddie Johnson jumper and shot selection conscious, except it's 3pt.

Robert Horry role. Kuzma is a more fluid player, but both guys' best assets is that kick stand or jump into 3pt. shot and straight line slashing.

I can't pin point the guys spin moves and "just short" finishing ability though. The spin moves are Bosh-like, but Kuzma always seems to hang his layups a bit short or twitch off the backboard.

Then there's the passing in the halfcourt...

KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject:

Everyone imagine Kuzma as a 42% 3pt shooter at the 4 spot..
Ok thanks for putting that into the universe
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:40 pm    Post subject:

I can't wait until he starts using an escape dribble or two to attack closeouts. Not comfy enough with him attacking the rim and fighting secondary defenders with length.

KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
I can't wait until he starts using an escape dribble or two to attack closeouts. Not comfy enough with him attacking the rim and fighting secondary defenders with length.

He's going to have to get more crafty finishing at the rim, and stop short-arming the finishes. He's got some touch, just needs reps against this length probably.. But his passing when attacking closeouts or on short-rolls, can't wait to see that --- kid can get crafty on dropoffs//trust him to find the open guy at the 3pt line, even with a look-off pass
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:48 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

He's going to have to get more crafty finishing at the rim, and stop short-arming the finishes. He's got some touch, just needs reps against this length probably.. But his passing when attacking closeouts or on short-rolls, can't wait to see that --- kid can get crafty on dropoffs//trust him to find the open guy at the 3pt line, even with a look-off pass

It was surprising we didn't see much of his floater game considering he's so good at it.

I liked him out of the draft, and I'm definitely higher on him now, specifically because of the perimeter footwork, screening, guard-like trigger, and read/pass timing.

KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:02 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

It was surprising we didn't see much of his floater game considering he's so good at it.

I liked him out of the draft, and I'm definitely higher on him now, specifically because of the perimeter footwork, screening, guard-like trigger, and read/pass timing.

He's gotta study Draymond on how to finish. And then of course on the floater/kick-out decision

His quick trigger is what's most impressive man. Most players don't have that - you can't let this kid square up, you have to be fearful of the shot every time the ball is swung to him - liked how GT pointed that out.
I do think that he'll get better at attacking closeouts, too, I like his 1-2 dribble handle specifically --
this spin move is just nasty from a PF attacking a closeout pretty much
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:40 am    Post subject:

Didn't know that it was Kuzma's birthday yesterday. Happy Belated Birthday. Looks like he got himself a sweet new set of wheels (Porsche Panamera)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BW9AyJbguDt

Rookie contract pays about 8.65 million, not sure how much the Nike contract pays, but that's a nice start for anyone at any age.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:42 am    Post subject:

K2 wrote:
Didn't know that it was Kuzma's birthday yesterday. Happy Belated Birthday. Looks like he got himself a sweet new set of wheels (Porsche Panamera)

Rookie contract pays about 8.65 million, not sure how much the Nike contract pays, but that's a nice start for anyone at any age.

The red wheels are tacky but that's the nice thing about being rich. You can do whatever you want. Good for him.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:17 am    Post subject:

K2 wrote:

I doubt he paid cash, so it's not the huge outlay some might think.

Doubt the Nike contract pays all that much, but it would definitely cover the down payment and the monthly for the year.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
K2 wrote:

I doubt he paid cash, so it's not the huge outlay some might think.

Doubt the Nike contract pays all that much, but it would definitely cover the down payment and the monthly for the year.

That car is about 100K. You don't think the Nike contract is over 100K?

How much are those shoe contracts for low level players without their own brand?
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject:

Do rich folks worry about door dings? Ballers must all have some car detail guy that they call up to fix those things. Pocket change to them. Man, I hate door dings, nicks, scratches, etc. Especially on a brand-new car.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject:

Hope this kid turns out to be a taller longer klay
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject:

ummm gws small line up vs

PG.Lonzo
SG.PG13
SF.Ingram
PF.Lebron
C.Kuzma

good lu k league
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
JohnWick wrote:

I've actually thought about this a lot and it was super difficult for me, because he's parts of different players.

80s into 90s Eddie Johnson jumper and shot selection conscious, except it's 3pt.

Robert Horry role. Kuzma is a more fluid player, but both guys' best assets is that kick stand or jump into 3pt. shot and straight line slashing.

I can't pin point the guys spin moves and "just short" finishing ability though. The spin moves are Bosh-like, but Kuzma always seems to hang his layups a bit short or twitch off the backboard.

Tim Thomas/Matt Barnes hybrid comes to mind as kind of a comp. But he was hitting shots like Dale Ellis in SPL.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject:

He has some Antione Walker in his game.
Tonicgoofy
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject:

watchME wrote:
ummm gws small line up vs

PG.Lonzo
SG.PG13
SF.Ingram
PF.Lebron
C.Kuzma

good lu k league

I would still have Randle in there over Kuzma.
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
JohnWick wrote:

Robert Horry does come to mind when I see Kuz. But we'll see. Horry played smart, solid D, and of course had a real knack for big-game plays.

He's a very good athlete - but not super explosive. So that impacts his finishes after his spins and whatnot.

He'll have growing pains this year. He's not a physically strong player. He needs to get stronger. Hopefully his work ethic is strong.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 66 of 880
Jump to: