OFFICIAL KYLE KUZ CONTROL KUZMA THREAD (rookie of the month!!! page 184)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 190, 191, 192  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:38 am    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
I see it as we used the Nets pick to get Kuzma. The guy we moved down to draft was Jason Hart, and we picked up Bryant as the reward for trading down.

Seems pretty cut and dry to me.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:45 am    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
waterman40 wrote:
I see it as we used the Nets pick to get Kuzma. The guy we moved down to draft was Jason Hart, and we picked up Bryant as the reward for trading down.

It is. But when you're analyzing this trade 5 years down the road it is whether we got 2 max players. The chances we just pick Kuz at 28 was probably 90-95% regardless.
BI
Kuz
Boogie

Keep Jules
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:47 am    Post subject:

^The only reason why people are even doubting Kuzma's spot is because of his Vegas play.
Fultz, Ball, Tatum, Jackson, DSJ, Monk, Markkanen, Collins, Kennard, Mitchell

https://hoop-math.com/
Laker's Fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
manlisten wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

It is. But when you're analyzing this trade 5 years down the road it is whether we got 2 max players. The chances we just pick Kuz at 28 was probably 90-95% regardless.

So if we end up with two max players do we say that was all due to the trade or do we say we probably could have carved out one max without the deal? Do we assume LA would have elected to take Kuzma over the Utah deal with 28 if they didn't have 27? Do we assume they wouldn't have focused on a guard over a forward given the logjam up front if they didn't feel they could pick up a guard elsewhere (remember, our depthchart was Lonzo and Jordan at that point).

I think your conclusion is the most logical but far from something that can be assumed. The best thing to do in this case is take things as they were. Kuzma was part of the deal.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
manlisten wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

So if we end up with two max players do we say that was all due to the trade or do we say we probably could have carved out one max without the deal? Do we assume LA would have elected to take Kuzma over the Utah deal with 28 if they didn't have 27? Do we assume they wouldn't have focused on a guard over a forward given the logjam up front if they didn't feel they could pick up a guard elsewhere (remember, our depthchart was Lonzo and Jordan at that point).

I think your conclusion is the most logical but far from something that can be assumed. The best thing to do in this case is take things as they were. Kuzma was part of the deal.

My point is that Kuzma is essentially a wash in analyzing it. I assume we have him in both scenarios. The trade will live or die with 2 max players, not whether we get Kuz (who would have been here). I just think it's bit of a red herring in the analysis.
BI
Kuz
Boogie

Keep Jules
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
manlisten wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

My point is that Kuzma is essentially a wash in analyzing it. I assume we have him in both scenarios. The trade will live or die with 2 max players, not whether we get Kuz (who would have been here). I just think it's bit of a red herring in the analysis.

max or not Lakers didnt wanted D Russell on this team at all.

he couldn't net us a lottery pick so they dealt him in salary dump.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject:

It's the opposite. The salary dump (and getting an all star level player in Brook) happened bc Nets highly valued Dlo.

Anyways this is Kuz's thread. My take is he would have been here at 27 or 28. I cops care less. He's here and he's good!
BI
Kuz
Boogie

Keep Jules
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject:

Let's be thankful that the Lakers again broke rank and took a guy higher than the consensus pick (most had him in the 40s). Really love Kuz.
BI
Kuz
Boogie

Keep Jules
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject:

I think we liked Kuzma enough that in the end if we don't get our max players, we will be happy we drafted Kuzma. I think there is still that residual feeling from some about how we prematurely traded Russell, and Kuzma was a product of that trade, they want to poo-poo Kuzma, as a DLO protest.

I know how this all looks in the summer league, it proves very little. But guys who can actually hit shots, not just lay-up drills in scrimmage games, means something. We need a stretch 4, and Kuzma could be that guy.
ringfinger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:23 pm    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
I think we liked Kuzma enough that in the end if we don't get our max players, we will be happy we drafted Kuzma. I think there is still that residual feeling from some about how we prematurely traded Russell, and Kuzma was a product of that trade, they want to poo-poo Kuzma, as a DLO protest.

I know how this all looks in the summer league, it proves very little. But guys who can actually hit shots, not just lay-up drills in scrimmage games, means something. We need a stretch 4, and Kuzma could be that guy.

Who is poo-poo-ing Kuzma? Wouldnt make any sense to do that and haven't really seen anyone, Lakers fan or otherwise, do that.

Drafting Kuzma and trading DLo are for all intents and purposes, separate transactions.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:57 am    Post subject:

Of course he will struggle some but Kuzma is going to be a bigger contributor this season than most think.

His offensive game is NBA ready; he gives good effort on defense. He has a high BBIQ. He and Zo already have great chemistry.

He is, by far, one of our best jump-shooters on the team. He can be a true stretch 4, something that we have been missing, and he can play some 3.

IMO Kuz could grow into a legitimate 2nd or 3rd option on a championship-caliber team. I am excited to see this kid's game develop.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:59 am    Post subject:

Kuz will be insurance at the PF spot along with Nance, if the Lakers have to part with Jules.
BI
Kuz
Boogie

Keep Jules
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:01 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Kuz will be insurance at the PF spot along with Nance, if the Lakers have to part with Jules.

Pretty good situation for the Lakers at PF.
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Yes I think Kuz and Nance will be 2 very big pieces in a 8/9 man rotation. This with bringing in 2 of the 4 big fish you have mentioned in your sig Yinoma.... Bringing in only 1, means Kuz IMO will start, and real soon, he looks like the real deal right on the cusp of exploding on the scene.....
governator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:31 am    Post subject:

hmm, wonder how many babies would be named Kuzma in LA next year (it's a cool name)
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:

I know how this all looks in the summer league, it proves very little. But guys who can actually hit shots, not just lay-up drills in scrimmage games, means something. We need a stretch 4, and

Kuzma IS that guy.

FIXED
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject:

FreakofNature wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yes I think Kuz and Nance will be 2 very big pieces in a 8/9 man rotation. This with bringing in 2 of the 4 big fish you have mentioned in your sig Yinoma.... Bringing in only 1, means Kuz IMO will start, and real soon, he looks like the real deal right on the cusp of exploding on the scene.....

We can only hope it's a 9 man rotation. But there's a chance you'll see an eleven man rotation with no one playing over 24 minutes. I hope Luke doesn't get carried away again on focusing on the bench squad and coaching/strategizing around it.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
FreakofNature wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

We can only hope it's a 9 man rotation. But there's a chance you'll see an eleven man rotation with no one playing over 24 minutes. I hope Luke doesn't get carried away again on focusing on the bench squad and coaching/strategizing around it.

That was my biggest issue with Luke. He would have these hockey rotations.

When we were beset with injuries, we had guys who rarely played with each other in intermingled lineups. Ugh.
BI
Kuz
Boogie

Keep Jules
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
FreakofNature wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

When we were beset with injuries, we had guys who rarely played with each other in intermingled lineups. Ugh.

Yep. I thought injuries was his chance to be normal like the rest of the league and just go with your top 8 or 9. But he just slotted in guys who never play to preserve a two squad theme.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject:

Kyle Kuzma’s NBA 2K18 rating and player model revealed

The Kuz is loose.

Quote:
kuz ✔ @kylekuzma
My #NBA2K rating out! I'm ready to get on the sticks!!! Thanks bros! @Ronnie2K @LD2K
12:53 PM - Aug 11, 2017

72; agree/disagree ???
(John Collins 73)

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2017/8/11/16135776/la-lakers-news-kyle-kuzma-nba-2k18-rating-player-model
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Kyle Kuzma’s NBA 2K18 rating and player model revealed

The Kuz is loose.

Quote:
kuz ✔ @kylekuzma
My #NBA2K rating out! I'm ready to get on the sticks!!! Thanks bros! @Ronnie2K @LD2K
12:53 PM - Aug 11, 2017

72; agree/disagree ???
(John Collins 73)

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2017/8/11/16135776/la-lakers-news-kyle-kuzma-nba-2k18-rating-player-model

Neither has played in a regular season game yet.
So I dont mind it at this time.
Laker's Fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
FreakofNature wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I hear you. To argue the other side of it though, one of the things that is especially difficult for young players is understanding how to play as a unit. As you get more experience you get quicker at adjusting roles depending on who you're paired with. Maybe Luke was trying to simplify the calculus of it all for the young guys by maintaining pretty fixed units. If you don't get hammered by injury that lets you get familiar before mixing it up a bit more while continuing to play team ball. Just a theory.

I think Lonzo remedies that a lot because his presence gets guys playing a pass happy brand of basketball which makes it easier to play with anyone in a unit.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Kuz is gonna struggle a lot as a rookie, on both ends.

...just putting that out there
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:33 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Kuz is gonna struggle a lot as a rookie, on both ends.

How DARE you snooze on the kooz.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:09 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:

Nobody really knows, but he had a better summer league than any other pick from past few seasons including 3 high lottery picks.

First Summer League Performance
Randle: good, not great
Clarkson: promising flashes here and there
Russell: unable to discuss, you can look at his advanced stats
Nance: role player impact
Ingram: unremarkable
Zubac: solid, nothing spectacular

I believe pre season is going to give a clearer vision about what we can expect from our rookies, but looking at his summer league stats, both raw numbers and advanced stats, I'm expecting some good moments from him.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 190, 191, 192  Next
Page 73 of 192
Jump to: