OFFICIAL KYLE KUZ CONTROL KUZMA THREAD (rookie of the month!!! page 184)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 190, 191, 192  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 Jul 2004
Posts: 1228

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:38 am    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
I see it as we used the Nets pick to get Kuzma. The guy we moved down to draft was Jason Hart, and we picked up Bryant as the reward for trading down.


Seems pretty cut and dry to me.
_________________
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 83737

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:45 am    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
waterman40 wrote:
I see it as we used the Nets pick to get Kuzma. The guy we moved down to draft was Jason Hart, and we picked up Bryant as the reward for trading down.


Seems pretty cut and dry to me.


It is. But when you're analyzing this trade 5 years down the road it is whether we got 2 max players. The chances we just pick Kuz at 28 was probably 90-95% regardless.
_________________
2018:
Ball
PG13
BI
Kuz
Boogie

Keep Jules
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 56403
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:47 am    Post subject:

^The only reason why people are even doubting Kuzma's spot is because of his Vegas play.
_________________
Resident Car Nut.
Top 3 Pick: Fultz, Ball, Tatum
LAL ended w 3 of 4 guys of my '17 Draft list.
Fultz, Ball, Tatum, Jackson, DSJ, Monk, Markkanen, Collins, Kennard, Mitchell

https://hoop-math.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker's Fan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2002
Posts: 6959

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
manlisten wrote:
waterman40 wrote:
I see it as we used the Nets pick to get Kuzma. The guy we moved down to draft was Jason Hart, and we picked up Bryant as the reward for trading down.


Seems pretty cut and dry to me.


It is. But when you're analyzing this trade 5 years down the road it is whether we got 2 max players. The chances we just pick Kuz at 28 was probably 90-95% regardless.


So if we end up with two max players do we say that was all due to the trade or do we say we probably could have carved out one max without the deal? Do we assume LA would have elected to take Kuzma over the Utah deal with 28 if they didn't have 27? Do we assume they wouldn't have focused on a guard over a forward given the logjam up front if they didn't feel they could pick up a guard elsewhere (remember, our depthchart was Lonzo and Jordan at that point).

I think your conclusion is the most logical but far from something that can be assumed. The best thing to do in this case is take things as they were. Kuzma was part of the deal.
_________________
2-3-7-14 Los Angeles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 83737

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
manlisten wrote:
waterman40 wrote:
I see it as we used the Nets pick to get Kuzma. The guy we moved down to draft was Jason Hart, and we picked up Bryant as the reward for trading down.


Seems pretty cut and dry to me.


It is. But when you're analyzing this trade 5 years down the road it is whether we got 2 max players. The chances we just pick Kuz at 28 was probably 90-95% regardless.


So if we end up with two max players do we say that was all due to the trade or do we say we probably could have carved out one max without the deal? Do we assume LA would have elected to take Kuzma over the Utah deal with 28 if they didn't have 27? Do we assume they wouldn't have focused on a guard over a forward given the logjam up front if they didn't feel they could pick up a guard elsewhere (remember, our depthchart was Lonzo and Jordan at that point).

I think your conclusion is the most logical but far from something that can be assumed. The best thing to do in this case is take things as they were. Kuzma was part of the deal.


My point is that Kuzma is essentially a wash in analyzing it. I assume we have him in both scenarios. The trade will live or die with 2 max players, not whether we get Kuz (who would have been here). I just think it's bit of a red herring in the analysis.
_________________
2018:
Ball
PG13
BI
Kuz
Boogie

Keep Jules
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Feb 2017
Posts: 4996

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
manlisten wrote:
waterman40 wrote:
I see it as we used the Nets pick to get Kuzma. The guy we moved down to draft was Jason Hart, and we picked up Bryant as the reward for trading down.


Seems pretty cut and dry to me.


It is. But when you're analyzing this trade 5 years down the road it is whether we got 2 max players. The chances we just pick Kuz at 28 was probably 90-95% regardless.


So if we end up with two max players do we say that was all due to the trade or do we say we probably could have carved out one max without the deal? Do we assume LA would have elected to take Kuzma over the Utah deal with 28 if they didn't have 27? Do we assume they wouldn't have focused on a guard over a forward given the logjam up front if they didn't feel they could pick up a guard elsewhere (remember, our depthchart was Lonzo and Jordan at that point).

I think your conclusion is the most logical but far from something that can be assumed. The best thing to do in this case is take things as they were. Kuzma was part of the deal.


My point is that Kuzma is essentially a wash in analyzing it. I assume we have him in both scenarios. The trade will live or die with 2 max players, not whether we get Kuz (who would have been here). I just think it's bit of a red herring in the analysis.


max or not Lakers didnt wanted D Russell on this team at all.

he couldn't net us a lottery pick so they dealt him in salary dump.
_________________
Now Playing: The Zo Show @Staples
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 83737

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject:

It's the opposite. The salary dump (and getting an all star level player in Brook) happened bc Nets highly valued Dlo.

Anyways this is Kuz's thread. My take is he would have been here at 27 or 28. I cops care less. He's here and he's good!
_________________
2018:
Ball
PG13
BI
Kuz
Boogie

Keep Jules
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 83737

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject:

Let's be thankful that the Lakers again broke rank and took a guy higher than the consensus pick (most had him in the 40s). Really love Kuz.
_________________
2018:
Ball
PG13
BI
Kuz
Boogie

Keep Jules
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Jun 2003
Posts: 4667
Location: Central Coast

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject:

I think we liked Kuzma enough that in the end if we don't get our max players, we will be happy we drafted Kuzma. I think there is still that residual feeling from some about how we prematurely traded Russell, and Kuzma was a product of that trade, they want to poo-poo Kuzma, as a DLO protest.

I know how this all looks in the summer league, it proves very little. But guys who can actually hit shots, not just lay-up drills in scrimmage games, means something. We need a stretch 4, and Kuzma could be that guy.
_________________
If you don't like the Lakers in re-build mode, I suggest you take your whiny skinny butt to the Clippers bandwagon.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 19127

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:23 pm    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
I think we liked Kuzma enough that in the end if we don't get our max players, we will be happy we drafted Kuzma. I think there is still that residual feeling from some about how we prematurely traded Russell, and Kuzma was a product of that trade, they want to poo-poo Kuzma, as a DLO protest.

I know how this all looks in the summer league, it proves very little. But guys who can actually hit shots, not just lay-up drills in scrimmage games, means something. We need a stretch 4, and Kuzma could be that guy.


Who is poo-poo-ing Kuzma? Wouldnt make any sense to do that and haven't really seen anyone, Lakers fan or otherwise, do that.

Drafting Kuzma and trading DLo are for all intents and purposes, separate transactions.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 27564

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:57 am    Post subject:

Of course he will struggle some but Kuzma is going to be a bigger contributor this season than most think.

His offensive game is NBA ready; he gives good effort on defense. He has a high BBIQ. He and Zo already have great chemistry.

He is, by far, one of our best jump-shooters on the team. He can be a true stretch 4, something that we have been missing, and he can play some 3.

IMO Kuz could grow into a legitimate 2nd or 3rd option on a championship-caliber team. I am excited to see this kid's game develop.
_________________
www.trendydeckpost.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 83737

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:59 am    Post subject:

Kuz will be insurance at the PF spot along with Nance, if the Lakers have to part with Jules.
_________________
2018:
Ball
PG13
BI
Kuz
Boogie

Keep Jules
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 27564

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:01 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Kuz will be insurance at the PF spot along with Nance, if the Lakers have to part with Jules.


Pretty good situation for the Lakers at PF.
_________________
www.trendydeckpost.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Sep 2007
Posts: 8548
Location: Maui & Saint-Tropez, and sailing the south seas...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Kuz will be insurance at the PF spot along with Nance, if the Lakers have to part with Jules.



Yes I think Kuz and Nance will be 2 very big pieces in a 8/9 man rotation. This with bringing in 2 of the 4 big fish you have mentioned in your sig Yinoma.... Bringing in only 1, means Kuz IMO will start, and real soon, he looks like the real deal right on the cusp of exploding on the scene.....
_________________
----------------------------------------------------------
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 6965

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:31 am    Post subject:

hmm, wonder how many babies would be named Kuzma in LA next year (it's a cool name)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 27564

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
I think we liked Kuzma enough that in the end if we don't get our max players, we will be happy we drafted Kuzma. I think there is still that residual feeling from some about how we prematurely traded Russell, and Kuzma was a product of that trade, they want to poo-poo Kuzma, as a DLO protest.

I know how this all looks in the summer league, it proves very little. But guys who can actually hit shots, not just lay-up drills in scrimmage games, means something. We need a stretch 4, and

Kuzma IS that guy.

FIXED
_________________
www.trendydeckpost.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 19 Apr 2003
Posts: 17027
Location: La Jolla, San Diego

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject:

FreakofNature wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Kuz will be insurance at the PF spot along with Nance, if the Lakers have to part with Jules.



Yes I think Kuz and Nance will be 2 very big pieces in a 8/9 man rotation. This with bringing in 2 of the 4 big fish you have mentioned in your sig Yinoma.... Bringing in only 1, means Kuz IMO will start, and real soon, he looks like the real deal right on the cusp of exploding on the scene.....


We can only hope it's a 9 man rotation. But there's a chance you'll see an eleven man rotation with no one playing over 24 minutes. I hope Luke doesn't get carried away again on focusing on the bench squad and coaching/strategizing around it.
_________________
"They are in the West! You must go D'Angelo Russell here, or my head will explode!" Jalen Rose
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 83737

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
FreakofNature wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Kuz will be insurance at the PF spot along with Nance, if the Lakers have to part with Jules.



Yes I think Kuz and Nance will be 2 very big pieces in a 8/9 man rotation. This with bringing in 2 of the 4 big fish you have mentioned in your sig Yinoma.... Bringing in only 1, means Kuz IMO will start, and real soon, he looks like the real deal right on the cusp of exploding on the scene.....


We can only hope it's a 9 man rotation. But there's a chance you'll see an eleven man rotation with no one playing over 24 minutes. I hope Luke doesn't get carried away again on focusing on the bench squad and coaching/strategizing around it.


That was my biggest issue with Luke. He would have these hockey rotations.

When we were beset with injuries, we had guys who rarely played with each other in intermingled lineups. Ugh.
_________________
2018:
Ball
PG13
BI
Kuz
Boogie

Keep Jules
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 19 Apr 2003
Posts: 17027
Location: La Jolla, San Diego

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
FreakofNature wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Kuz will be insurance at the PF spot along with Nance, if the Lakers have to part with Jules.



Yes I think Kuz and Nance will be 2 very big pieces in a 8/9 man rotation. This with bringing in 2 of the 4 big fish you have mentioned in your sig Yinoma.... Bringing in only 1, means Kuz IMO will start, and real soon, he looks like the real deal right on the cusp of exploding on the scene.....


We can only hope it's a 9 man rotation. But there's a chance you'll see an eleven man rotation with no one playing over 24 minutes. I hope Luke doesn't get carried away again on focusing on the bench squad and coaching/strategizing around it.


That was my biggest issue with Luke. He would have these hockey rotations.

When we were beset with injuries, we had guys who rarely played with each other in intermingled lineups. Ugh.


Yep. I thought injuries was his chance to be normal like the rest of the league and just go with your top 8 or 9. But he just slotted in guys who never play to preserve a two squad theme.
_________________
"They are in the West! You must go D'Angelo Russell here, or my head will explode!" Jalen Rose
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 27564

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject:

Kyle Kuzma’s NBA 2K18 rating and player model revealed

The Kuz is loose.


Quote:
kuz ✔ @kylekuzma
My #NBA2K rating out! I'm ready to get on the sticks!!! Thanks bros! @Ronnie2K @LD2K
12:53 PM - Aug 11, 2017


72; agree/disagree ???
(John Collins 73)


https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2017/8/11/16135776/la-lakers-news-kyle-kuzma-nba-2k18-rating-player-model
_________________
www.trendydeckpost.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 15720

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Kyle Kuzma’s NBA 2K18 rating and player model revealed

The Kuz is loose.


Quote:
kuz ✔ @kylekuzma
My #NBA2K rating out! I'm ready to get on the sticks!!! Thanks bros! @Ronnie2K @LD2K
12:53 PM - Aug 11, 2017


72; agree/disagree ???
(John Collins 73)


https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2017/8/11/16135776/la-lakers-news-kyle-kuzma-nba-2k18-rating-player-model


Neither has played in a regular season game yet.
So I dont mind it at this time.
_________________
2018: Lonzo . PG12 . BI . Kuzma . Dedmon
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker's Fan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2002
Posts: 6959

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
FreakofNature wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Kuz will be insurance at the PF spot along with Nance, if the Lakers have to part with Jules.



Yes I think Kuz and Nance will be 2 very big pieces in a 8/9 man rotation. This with bringing in 2 of the 4 big fish you have mentioned in your sig Yinoma.... Bringing in only 1, means Kuz IMO will start, and real soon, he looks like the real deal right on the cusp of exploding on the scene.....


We can only hope it's a 9 man rotation. But there's a chance you'll see an eleven man rotation with no one playing over 24 minutes. I hope Luke doesn't get carried away again on focusing on the bench squad and coaching/strategizing around it.


That was my biggest issue with Luke. He would have these hockey rotations.

When we were beset with injuries, we had guys who rarely played with each other in intermingled lineups. Ugh.


I hear you. To argue the other side of it though, one of the things that is especially difficult for young players is understanding how to play as a unit. As you get more experience you get quicker at adjusting roles depending on who you're paired with. Maybe Luke was trying to simplify the calculus of it all for the young guys by maintaining pretty fixed units. If you don't get hammered by injury that lets you get familiar before mixing it up a bit more while continuing to play team ball. Just a theory.

I think Lonzo remedies that a lot because his presence gets guys playing a pass happy brand of basketball which makes it easier to play with anyone in a unit.
_________________
2-3-7-14 Los Angeles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Nov 2015
Posts: 11753

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Kuz is gonna struggle a lot as a rookie, on both ends.


...just putting that out there
_________________
https://j.gifs.com/Rnqnbk.gif
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 14 Nov 2008
Posts: 293

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:33 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Kuz is gonna struggle a lot as a rookie, on both ends.


...just putting that out there


How DARE you snooze on the kooz.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
nash
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Oct 2001
Posts: 8194

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:09 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Kuz is gonna struggle a lot as a rookie, on both ends.


...just putting that out there


Nobody really knows, but he had a better summer league than any other pick from past few seasons including 3 high lottery picks.

First Summer League Performance
Randle: good, not great
Clarkson: promising flashes here and there
Russell: unable to discuss, you can look at his advanced stats
Nance: role player impact
Ingram: unremarkable
Zubac: solid, nothing spectacular

I believe pre season is going to give a clearer vision about what we can expect from our rookies, but looking at his summer league stats, both raw numbers and advanced stats, I'm expecting some good moments from him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 190, 191, 192  Next
Page 73 of 192
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB