OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 727, 728, 729 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:12 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
IMO, he's struggling for the same reasons BI, DLo, Ju and Zo struggled here, and two of those talents made the all-star team (BI on his 1st season away from here, and DLo on his 2nd). Watch him go to another team and average 20+ points. For various reasons, LA and young players don't mix anymore, even though we draft exceptionally well. The expectations are always sky high, and the media/fans are absolutely relentless and toxic on social media. It is nice seeing the BI hate at an all-time low on social media because he plays for a relatively obscure team now (though Zion has boosted their popularity significantly). When Kobe was drafted, he had the enormous benefit of not having social media, and I'd argue that it helped him in more ways than one, even though he was always destined to be great. It's a different world today for young players, and LA is probably the last place a young player thrives.

Playing next to Lebron isn't easy and just about everyone (other than generational talents like AD) has to adjust their play style to suit him. I think he needs an offense that gives him more freedom to do other things, like bringing the ball up, initiating, etc.

BI was well onto being the player he is this year last year but injury cut his season short. Dlo/BI all improved every year while it seems like Kuz has regressed. Lets not factor in kuz had 4 yrs of college too....
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:46 pm    Post subject:

Kuz is averaging 9.7 pts 5.2 rebs and 3.2 assists in 22.7 mpg so far this February in 6 games. He's obviously trying to contribute in more ways than just scoring. I'll be satisfied if he's able to maintain those numbers for the rest of the season in limited minutes.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:58 pm    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
IMO, he's struggling for the same reasons BI, DLo, Ju and Zo struggled here, and two of those talents made the all-star team (BI on his 1st season away from here, and DLo on his 2nd). Watch him go to another team and average 20+ points. For various reasons, LA and young players don't mix anymore, even though we draft exceptionally well. The expectations are always sky high, and the media/fans are absolutely relentless and toxic on social media. It is nice seeing the BI hate at an all-time low on social media because he plays for a relatively obscure team now (though Zion has boosted their popularity significantly). When Kobe was drafted, he had the enormous benefit of not having social media, and I'd argue that it helped him in more ways than one, even though he was always destined to be great. It's a different world today for young players, and LA is probably the last place a young player thrives.

Playing next to Lebron isn't easy and just about everyone (other than generational talents like AD) has to adjust their play style to suit him. I think he needs an offense that gives him more freedom to do other things, like bringing the ball up, initiating, etc.

BI was well onto being the player he is this year last year but injury cut his season short. Dlo/BI all improved every year while it seems like Kuz has regressed. Lets not factor in kuz had 4 yrs of college too....

those 2 guys didnt had to play with 2 other top 5 players in the league
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:34 pm    Post subject:

I am hoping Kuz plays better going forward. He’s been such a huge disappointment.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:35 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

Funny how people keep saying he played 4 college years. He played 3 years from '14 to '17 and left after his Jr season. He has his degree but didn't play 4 years.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:38 pm    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

Kuzma does not have the same talent as DLo or BI.

Oh man. This forum has now come full circle on DLo.

Amazing.

And BI.

Especially when there was no reason to hate him, he had no off court issues and was a hard worker, always humble and did whatever the coaching staff asked him to do.

I was actually very optimistic on DLo when he was drafted. Not quite the same now but dude has talent that Kuzma does not.

When you are not an elite athlete, you need elite handles and shake. BI and DLo have that. Kuzma doesn't. He is a classic good stats on a bad team kind of player.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:53 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

Kuzma does not have the same talent as DLo or BI.

Oh man. This forum has now come full circle on DLo.

Amazing.

And BI.

Especially when there was no reason to hate him, he had no off court issues and was a hard worker, always humble and did whatever the coaching staff asked him to do.

I was actually very optimistic on DLo when he was drafted. Not quite the same now but dude has talent that Kuzma does not.

When you are not an elite athlete, you need elite handles and shake. BI and DLo have that. Kuzma doesn't. He is a classic good stats on a bad team kind of player.

You are comparing a point guard to a power forward.

Kuz is more of a very poor man’s Klay, in a big man’s body. He should be playing mostly off the ball, IMO.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:09 pm    Post subject:

Move over Kuz, there’s a new kid on the block ready to take all that potential Puma money that was earmarked for you. If you snooze, you Kuz.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28724674/derrick-jones-jr-gets-puma-deal-dunk-contest-win%3fplatform=amp
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:28 pm    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
Kuz is averaging 9.7 pts 5.2 rebs and 3.2 assists in 22.7 mpg so far this February in 6 games. He's obviously trying to contribute in more ways than just scoring. I'll be satisfied if he's able to maintain those numbers for the rest of the season in limited minutes.

So he's basically our slightly better modern day Devean George. If he can play defense like George did in 02, I'd be satisfied with that role.
chickenjoy24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:58 pm    Post subject:

GTL wrote:
3baller wrote:

So he's basically our slightly better modern day Devean George. If he can play defense like George did in 02, I'd be satisfied with that role.

Kuz wouldn't be satisfied with that role. He trained with Kobe once and now he somehow believes he has the "mamba mentality".
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:41 pm    Post subject:

I can't wait for 2nd half Kuz.
I hope he's mediocre+
Would help stabilize the bench.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
kobe_4_mvp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:56 pm    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

Funny how people keep saying he played 4 college years. He played 3 years from '14 to '17 and left after his Jr season. He has his degree but didn't play 4 years.

4 years in college, played for 3.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:34 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:

No.. smh.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:43 am    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

He did play 4 years, he red shirted one year.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:10 pm    Post subject:

GTL wrote:
3baller wrote:

George's career high is like 25 pts...
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:22 pm    Post subject:

Super Mega Team wrote:
GTL wrote:
3baller wrote:

Yup, 02-03, Shaq was out that game.

I was simply going by his averages. But maybe I was being a bit harsh.

He's more like our Rick Fox, who didn't have a 41 point game like Kuzma had last year, but had some pretty solid role player averages throughout his career along with being a great defender and a solid contributor to 3 championship rings.

Although Foxy in today's NBA could score 41 and likely doesn't get enough credit for his role in our 3-peat.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Super Mega Team wrote:
GTL wrote:
3baller wrote:

You can't compare that time to now. People are scoring crazy points because of the rules and threes these days
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:43 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Super Mega Team wrote:
GTL wrote:
3baller wrote:

You can't compare that time to now. People are scoring crazy points because of the rules and threes these days

The Lakers starting lineup in that game

Kobe
George
Horry
Fisher
Samaki

Literally only 1 actual scorer in that era of stifling Western Conference defense. In today's league, George's 25 would likely equate to 40, especially considering the extreme lack of depth we had from 2-12 with Shaq out. (sorry for derailing the thread).
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:19 pm    Post subject:

GTL wrote:
defense wrote:
Super Mega Team wrote:
GTL wrote:
3baller wrote:

Kobe
George
Horry
Fisher
Samaki

Literally only 1 actual scorer in that era of stifling Western Conference defense. In today's league, George's 25 would likely equate to 40, especially considering the extreme lack of depth we had from 2-12 with Shaq out. (sorry for derailing the thread).

No it wouldn’t. Avg team scored 95 then. Now its 111.

25 = 29.2 adjusted for inflation.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:34 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
GTL wrote:
defense wrote:
Super Mega Team wrote:
GTL wrote:
3baller wrote:

Kobe
George
Horry
Fisher
Samaki

Still doesnt change the fact George would be more impactful on this team than Kuzma currently is
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:23 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
lakersboy wrote:

When a player redshirts, they don't play that year. Kuzma played three years.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:37 pm    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
GTL wrote:
defense wrote:
Super Mega Team wrote:
GTL wrote:
3baller wrote:

Kobe
George
Horry
Fisher
Samaki

Still doesnt change the fact George would be more impactful on this team than Kuzma currently is

Well, that actually isn’t a fact. It’s a hypothesis, and an unprovable one.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:41 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
lakersboy wrote:

They do, they practice against college players every day. They don’t just sit and twiddle their thumbs.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:50 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
lakersboy wrote:

They do, they practice against college players every day. They don’t just sit and twiddle their thumbs.

Then he did not play for 4 years. He played for 3 and practiced for 1.
The God Particle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:08 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
lakersboy wrote:

Then he did not play for 4 years. He played for 3 and practiced for 1.

Isn't it worse that he didn't play for 4 years even though he attended school for 4? I mean, isn't redshirt (in his case) just mean he was no where near good enough to play as a freshman so instead he sat out?

The fact is he did spend 4 years in school with a basketball program, and wasn't good enough to suit up his freshman year. That's a year you don't make up... it's a year lost (in an athletes window).
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 727, 728, 729 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 728 of 880
Jump to: