OFFICIAL KYLE KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 75, 76, 77  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:18 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
It's on Randle to completely change his game..
its not that hard to do because it's the zo effect. Kuz didn't play like this at Utah did he? Did Vander Blue? Nope. The way Zo plays is infectious

You know Julius' passes are bout to be even more fire playing off Zo I can't wait.

I have close to zero reservations about his fit with Zo. Just needs to let the jumper fly like kuz did and everything will open up.

Randle's game so far has been more of a departure from what you want going forward w/ Lonzo, than Kuzma's was at Utah. Kuzma was a shooter his last few months in college, as well as at the combine scrimmage. He was also more willing to work in P/R, and run lanes. Those 3 facets are big question marks for Randle.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:19 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
22 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
its not that hard to do because it's the zo effect. Kuz didn't play like this at Utah did he? Did Vander Blue? Nope. The way Zo plays is infectious

You know Julius' passes are bout to be even more fire playing off Zo I can't wait.

I have close to zero reservations about his fit with Zo. Just needs to let the jumper fly like kuz did and everything will open up.

He needs to run the lanes in transition, and pass ahead on the break, if he still plans on being a transition ballhandler. That's a pretty big difference from last season's slow trot to the wing, shimmy move, and kick it back to Young for a 3.
he'll be doing both. Zo won't be able to go crazy with outlet passes every game like SPL. The competition will be smarter and more athletic. We'll need Randle to grab it off the board and go sometimes to vary our attack. kuz even did this in SPL. It won't necessarily be a grab the board and outlet to Lonzo every single time nor do I think it should be.

More transition/semi transition by way of Zo only helps his game (everyone else's too) Randle by nature has never seemed a grind it out half court offense guy to me. I don't see it as being difficult for him to adjust
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:22 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
22 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Randle's game so far has been more of a departure from what you want going forward w/ Lonzo, than Kuzma's was at Utah. Kuzma was a shooter his last few months in college, as well as at the combine scrimmage. He was also more willing to work in P/R, and run lanes. Those 3 facets are big question marks for Randle.
everyone also thought he was a slow back to the basket big like ZBO coming out of college too. He tries to do what is asked of him. With Zo that will be diff than what he did with DLO
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:25 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
22 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

everyone also thought he was a slow back to the basket big like ZBO coming out of college too. He tries to do what is asked of him. With Zo that will be diff than what he did with DLO

true true. But when it comes to high energy things, Randle often doesn't step up to the plate of what's being asked of him --- so that's where my hesitancy comes from - as well as, if he can shoot. He's been asked to be much better defensively, setting screens, rolling, making quicker reads in transition - and he hasn't.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:28 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
22 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

He needs to run the lanes in transition, and pass ahead on the break, if he still plans on being a transition ballhandler. That's a pretty big difference from last season's slow trot to the wing, shimmy move, and kick it back to Young for a 3.
he'll be doing both. Zo won't be able to go crazy with outlet passes every game like SPL. The competition will be smarter and more athletic. We'll need Randle to grab it off the board and go sometimes to vary our attack. kuz even did this in SPL. It won't necessarily be a grab the board and outlet to Lonzo every single time nor do I think it should be.

More transition/semi transition by way of Zo only helps his game (everyone else's too) Randle by nature has never seemed a grind it out half court offense guy to me. I don't see it as being difficult for him to adjust

I would love to see Lonzo be on the receiving end of some lobs and runouts in transition like he was at UCLA, but again that hasn't been Julius's forte to this point.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject:

We gotta wait and see fellas! I understand your points. And it's possible he could fall flat on his face. I think he'll succeed though. I think this year he takes a huge leap offensively with moderate D improvements. And next year if he's still here he hits draymond level impacts
RJ_LA
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:47 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
We gotta wait and see fellas! I understand your points. And it's possible he could fall flat on his face. I think he'll succeed though. I think this year he takes a huge leap offensively with moderate D improvements. And next year if he's still here he hits draymond level impacts

I'm with you. I'm hopeful things will be good with Lonzo and Julius, and if that happens we're going to the playoffs.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:49 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:

yup, can't wait to see Kuz/Randle out there.. wooh
defense
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:08 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
22 wrote:

Oh, you just gonna leave out the one man momentum shifter formerly know as lance?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:10 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
22 wrote:

Oh, you just gonna leave out the one man momentum shifter formerly know as lance?

yea, he got his role..
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:40 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
22 wrote:
I'll wait till I see Julius paired with Lonzo before comparing. My hunch is Zo makes a big difference. Also to see Kuz vs real NBA comp. Julius has had quite a few monster games in the NBA already.

As GT has said, it shouldn't take long to see if they have chemistry together either. It literally took Kuz and Zo just one game to click.

I agree it shouldn't take long but not necessarily a single game. SPL comp is significantly different than reg NBA. We won't even KCP for the first two games with his suspension. But if Zo looks comfortable then it shouldn't take long for the other players to gel

With KCP out the first two games, what do people think of this starting lineup?
PG: Lonzo
SG: Ingram
SF: Kuzma
PF: Randle
C: Lopez
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject:

The other forwards better come in ready because Kuzma is going to bring it!
lewis
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:25 am    Post subject:

markjay wrote:
22 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
22 wrote:
I'll wait till I see Julius paired with Lonzo before comparing. My hunch is Zo makes a big difference. Also to see Kuz vs real NBA comp. Julius has had quite a few monster games in the NBA already.

As GT has said, it shouldn't take long to see if they have chemistry together either. It literally took Kuz and Zo just one game to click.

I agree it shouldn't take long but not necessarily a single game. SPL comp is significantly different than reg NBA. We won't even KCP for the first two games with his suspension. But if Zo looks comfortable then it shouldn't take long for the other players to gel

I bet we start Hart or Ennis so we can adjust Clarkson to his 6th man role early

Lonzo
Hart
Ingram
Randle
Lopez
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject:

lewis wrote:
markjay wrote:
22 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
22 wrote:

I bet we start Hart or Ennis so we can adjust Clarkson to his 6th man role early

Lonzo
Hart
Ingram
Randle
Lopez

Oh man I wasn't following the quote train and was so confused at first. Will have to figure it out in training camp, but I'd like to see Hart in there.
Raijin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:54 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
22 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Nope I thought he played like a brute, like when LeBron hurdles into the lane. I also thought he didn't have Lebron's athleticism, vision, or perimeter skills.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject:

Rookies praise Kyle Kuzma for his shooting ability

Quote:
Recently, NBA Rookies were polled about who they thought was the best shooter in the draft was.

https://lakeshowlife.com/2017/08/25/los-angeles-lakers-rookies-praise-kyle-kuzma-shooting-ability/
ringfinger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

Quote:
Recently, NBA Rookies were polled about who they thought was the best shooter in the draft was.

https://lakeshowlife.com/2017/08/25/los-angeles-lakers-rookies-praise-kyle-kuzma-shooting-ability/

He only got 5.4 percent of the votes? Prove em wrong Kuz.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:24 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

He only got 5.4 percent of the votes? Prove em wrong Kuz.

I look for Kuz to average 8-10 points per game this season. He has all the skills to be a really good player in this league. He will be a big part of this team going forward.
Quote:
Rob (Lowe) Pelinka said, “I think Kyle Kuzma becomes a posterchild, in a sense of just representing that game of a player that can do everything and is positionless […] He just had a spirit in his step, just an aggressiveness and a chip on his shoulder. He plays in attack mode at all times, I think we saw that in Summer League so we’re really, really excited about him.”

lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:01 pm    Post subject:

We're so busy wondering if his SPL play will translate. He got better after college and has 3 months to get even better before the season starts. Whether it's this year or beyond, his game is going to grow even better. He's on pace to be a bright star one day in the future.
Ziggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Watching the Lakers/Celtics summer league game on Spectrum right now. Kuz is such an underrated passer. He just keeps swinging the ball and finding cutters. The ball doesn't stick in his hands. He's a joy to watch. Complete opposite of Randle.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:21 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Watching the Lakers/Celtics summer league game on Spectrum right now. Kuz is such an underrated passer. He just keeps swinging the ball and finding cutters. The ball doesn't stick in his hands. He's a joy to watch. Complete opposite of Randle.

Yeah and I think that's exactly what Luke wants... Nance does it well too (though not on the level of Kuz). Randle is very much a good player but I see him more of a small ball C if he's in there for closing mins. Kuz is just better suited for today's PF.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:59 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:

There is really no comparisons and we have results to show that.

Another thing is that he took the challenge going after one of the most offensively skilled players of his class and didn't back down.

I'm a bit anxious to see how his skillset translates to the next level, because while in my head Nance was clearly a better player than Randle by a small margin, Kuzma skillset makes him the natural long term fit at this position.
Eindhoven
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:25 am    Post subject:

Nice interview given by Jesse Buss about Kuzma and the draft

LINK

Quote:
Buss: We’ve kept the process the same. With the input of our scouts, we all work together to orchestrate our big board, and Kuzma was the highest guy on our board when we came up at No. 27. We actually had him much higher than 27th on our board; it just worked out that he fell to us. We were ecstatic when we made the pick.

MT: I know you won’t tell me exactly where you had him on the board, but it was significantly higher?

Buss: Yes a significant number. Several spots. He was our highest ranked college prospect we’ve gotten outside the lottery (in the past several years). This being the deep draft that it was, you just felt like getting a top-20 pick – at least in our rankings – was going to be a rotational player no matter what. He gives us a different look in terms of what we have at that position.

Considering Shaw said last year that Zubac was #16 in their board, Kuzma was likely a lottery pick for the Lakers scouting team. Major props!

No Melo - No Rose - No Rondo
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject:

I take these interviews with a slight grain of salt. Like how Danny Ainge says how Tatum was his #1 pick all along. Nothing wrong with it but it's impossible to verify, and can also be self-serving.

-JC out for $0/Deng stretched = 57.6m in 2018 cap space
-Same as above and Jules renounced/traded for $0 = 69.9m in 2018 cap space

2 of 4 of these players will be Lakers in 2018 (LBJ/PG13/WB/Boogie)
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:43 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

Yeah and I think that's exactly what Luke wants... Nance does it well too (though not on the level of Kuz). Randle is very much a good player but I see him more of a small ball C if he's in there for closing mins. Kuz is just better suited for today's PF.

IMO Kuz and Nance can man the PF slot if we loose Randle in our bid to land some big name free agents.

Both Nance and Kuz are superior defenders and Kuz is a superior shooter than both Randle and Nance. We would be more than fine loosing Randle, we would actually improve. Defense and spacing wins games now. And combined they are much cheaper than Julius.

Big year ahead for Randle to prove the doubters (me) wrong.

LeBronzo JamBall 2018

"I think we often overlook the best way for a team like these Lakers to obtain star level players is to turn their current players into stars, rather than looking for outside help."
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 75, 76, 77  Next
Page 76 of 77
Jump to: