OFFICIAL KYLE THE CHAMPION KUZMA THREAD - signed 3 year 40m !
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 843, 844, 845, 846  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Megaton
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Feb 2015
Posts: 21157

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:38 am    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
Gepetto wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Quote:
Jake Clark
@mrclarkinc
Still can’t believe the Pelicans didn’t force the Lakers to include Kuz in the AD trade. Like they were gonna walk away from that deal. lmao


This dude has a point.


True, but at the time I was ticked they got Hart-I mean, where else was AD going?


I’m still salty about that.

That and the stupidity of the Zubac deal, ugh.


I’m not that pissed about Hart since KCP is a much better version, but I was pissed about Zu and Svi. Reggie Bullock was never going to be more than a rental for us, and he did nothing anyway. Getting rid of Svi was silly.

Zu also did nothing although I came to an understanding now only because Zu’s contract extension would have been in the way...at the time.
_________________
Alex Caruso/Dennis Schroder
KCP/Talen Horton-Tucker/Wes Matthews
Lebron James/Kyle Kuzma/Alfonzo McKinnie
Anthony Davis/Markieff Morris
Marc Gasol/Montrez Harrell

Time to repeat!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2001
Posts: 3844

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:11 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
Gepetto wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Quote:
Jake Clark
@mrclarkinc
Still can’t believe the Pelicans didn’t force the Lakers to include Kuz in the AD trade. Like they were gonna walk away from that deal. lmao


This dude has a point.


True, but at the time I was ticked they got Hart-I mean, where else was AD going?


I’m still salty about that.

That and the stupidity of the Zubac deal, ugh.


I’m not that pissed about Hart since KCP is a much better version, but I was pissed about Zu and Svi. Reggie Bullock was never going to be more than a rental for us, and he did nothing anyway. Getting rid of Svi was silly.

Zu also did nothing although I came to an understanding now only because Zu’s contract extension would have been in the way...at the time.

Besides Kuz, Zu is also the only one of all of those former Laker draftees who is now on a competitive team.
    Pelicans (11-14): Ball, Hart, Ingram
    Cavaliers (10-17): Nance (and non-draftee McGee)
    Wizards (7-17): Bonga, Bryant, Wagner
    Knicks (13-15): Randle
    Timberwolves (6-20): Russell
    Pistons (7-19): Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk
    Clippers (19-8): Zubak
Who am I missing?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Megaton
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Feb 2015
Posts: 21157

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
Megaton wrote:
BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
Gepetto wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Quote:
Jake Clark
@mrclarkinc
Still can’t believe the Pelicans didn’t force the Lakers to include Kuz in the AD trade. Like they were gonna walk away from that deal. lmao


This dude has a point.


True, but at the time I was ticked they got Hart-I mean, where else was AD going?


I’m still salty about that.

That and the stupidity of the Zubac deal, ugh.


I’m not that pissed about Hart since KCP is a much better version, but I was pissed about Zu and Svi. Reggie Bullock was never going to be more than a rental for us, and he did nothing anyway. Getting rid of Svi was silly.

Zu also did nothing although I came to an understanding now only because Zu’s contract extension would have been in the way...at the time.

Besides Kuz, Zu is also the only one of all of those former Laker draftees who is now on a competitive team.
    Pelicans (11-14): Ball, Hart, Ingram
    Cavaliers (10-17): Nance (and non-draftee McGee)
    Wizards (7-17): Bonga, Bryant, Wagner
    Knicks (13-15): Randle
    Timberwolves (6-20): Russell
    Pistons (7-19): Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk
    Clippers (19-8): Zubak
Who am I missing?


Jordan Clarkson. Utah Jazz lol.
_________________
Alex Caruso/Dennis Schroder
KCP/Talen Horton-Tucker/Wes Matthews
Lebron James/Kyle Kuzma/Alfonzo McKinnie
Anthony Davis/Markieff Morris
Marc Gasol/Montrez Harrell

Time to repeat!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2001
Posts: 3844

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:46 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
Megaton wrote:
BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
Gepetto wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Quote:
Jake Clark
@mrclarkinc
Still can’t believe the Pelicans didn’t force the Lakers to include Kuz in the AD trade. Like they were gonna walk away from that deal. lmao


This dude has a point.


True, but at the time I was ticked they got Hart-I mean, where else was AD going?


I’m still salty about that.

That and the stupidity of the Zubac deal, ugh.


I’m not that pissed about Hart since KCP is a much better version, but I was pissed about Zu and Svi. Reggie Bullock was never going to be more than a rental for us, and he did nothing anyway. Getting rid of Svi was silly.

Zu also did nothing although I came to an understanding now only because Zu’s contract extension would have been in the way...at the time.

Besides Kuz, Zu is also the only one of all of those former Laker draftees who is now on a competitive team.
    Pelicans (11-14): Ball, Hart, Ingram
    Cavaliers (10-17): Nance (and non-draftee McGee)
    Wizards (7-17): Bonga, Bryant, Wagner
    Knicks (13-15): Randle
    Timberwolves (6-20): Russell
    Pistons (7-19): Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk
    Clippers (19-8): Zubak
Who am I missing?


Jordan Clarkson. Utah Jazz lol.

I completely forgot about Clarkson--I guess I was never a big fan of his. Age is starting to catch up to me.

Correction: Zu and Clarkson are the only two that have ended up on competitive teams.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 27657

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:56 pm    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
Megaton wrote:
BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
Gepetto wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Quote:
Jake Clark
@mrclarkinc
Still can’t believe the Pelicans didn’t force the Lakers to include Kuz in the AD trade. Like they were gonna walk away from that deal. lmao


This dude has a point.


True, but at the time I was ticked they got Hart-I mean, where else was AD going?


I’m still salty about that.

That and the stupidity of the Zubac deal, ugh.


I’m not that pissed about Hart since KCP is a much better version, but I was pissed about Zu and Svi. Reggie Bullock was never going to be more than a rental for us, and he did nothing anyway. Getting rid of Svi was silly.

Zu also did nothing although I came to an understanding now only because Zu’s contract extension would have been in the way...at the time.

Besides Kuz, Zu is also the only one of all of those former Laker draftees who is now on a competitive team.
    Pelicans (11-14): Ball, Hart, Ingram
    Cavaliers (10-17): Nance (and non-draftee McGee)
    Wizards (7-17): Bonga, Bryant, Wagner
    Knicks (13-15): Randle
    Timberwolves (6-20): Russell
    Pistons (7-19): Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk
    Clippers (19-8): Zubak
Who am I missing?


Jordan Clarkson. Utah Jazz lol.

I completely forgot about Clarkson--I guess I was never a big fan of his. Age is starting to catch up to me.

Correction: Zu and Clarkson are the only two that have ended up on competitive teams.


I was never too high on Clarkson but he's worked himself into being a legit 6th man of the year candidate.
_________________
KOBE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Big Game James
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jan 2003
Posts: 3920
Location: The official trout slapper of LG.net

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:37 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Big Game James wrote:
governator wrote:
Big Game James wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Quote:
Jake Clark
@mrclarkinc
Still can’t believe the Pelicans didn’t force the Lakers to include Kuz in the AD trade. Like they were gonna walk away from that deal. lmao


This dude has a point.


We overpaid with all of the draft picks. No, he doesn't have a point.


AD + #17 is overpaid?


Huh? We gave up numerous players and draft picks / swaps. What is 17? And we didn't give up AD, we got AD.


It's been rehashed a lot but my main point is that the trade got us our 17th championship and Anthony Davis (arguably the only non-replacable piece in that trade, maybe Brandon Ingram to a lesser extent too) but all the other pieces going to Pels are replacable, including DeAndre Hunter, Lonzo Ball, Josh Hart, the future late 1st rounders... replacable, in reality, we actually have replaced them... Montrezl, Schroeder, Wesley Matthew. This is why we did not overpay (the trade is essentially AD + 17th championship for BI + replacable parts), you can argue that it was a beneficial trade for both teams.


I see. Well, that logic is very flawed because winning our 17th championship would have been done whether we overpaid for AD or not. That wouldn't have changed anything. We were bidding against ourselves. Giving up 3 very high lottery picks (Lonzo, Ingram and Hunter) along with a great young player in Hart was more than enough for a player who was leaving anyways and had successfully scared off all other bidders. The draft picks were not necessary. Go ahead and Google "Griffin trades Davis" and look at all the headlines.

"Pelicans’ David Griffin nails Anthony Davis trade, guts Lakers’ young core"

"Pelicans GM David Griffin turned Anthony Davis into so much return value"


I believe there were even articles about how ecstatic Griffin was after bamboozling us into overpaying.
_________________
Don't make me give you a trout slap!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
hype
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Nov 2007
Posts: 2710
Location: Mission Viejo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:04 pm    Post subject:

Big Game James wrote:
governator wrote:
Big Game James wrote:
governator wrote:
Big Game James wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Quote:
Jake Clark
@mrclarkinc
Still can’t believe the Pelicans didn’t force the Lakers to include Kuz in the AD trade. Like they were gonna walk away from that deal. lmao


This dude has a point.


We overpaid with all of the draft picks. No, he doesn't have a point.


AD + #17 is overpaid?


Huh? We gave up numerous players and draft picks / swaps. What is 17? And we didn't give up AD, we got AD.


It's been rehashed a lot but my main point is that the trade got us our 17th championship and Anthony Davis (arguably the only non-replacable piece in that trade, maybe Brandon Ingram to a lesser extent too) but all the other pieces going to Pels are replacable, including DeAndre Hunter, Lonzo Ball, Josh Hart, the future late 1st rounders... replacable, in reality, we actually have replaced them... Montrezl, Schroeder, Wesley Matthew. This is why we did not overpay (the trade is essentially AD + 17th championship for BI + replacable parts), you can argue that it was a beneficial trade for both teams.


I see. Well, that logic is very flawed because winning our 17th championship would have been done whether we overpaid for AD or not. That wouldn't have changed anything. We were bidding against ourselves. Giving up 3 very high lottery picks (Lonzo, Ingram and Hunter) along with a great young player in Hart was more than enough for a player who was leaving anyways and had successfully scared off all other bidders. The draft picks were not necessary. Go ahead and Google "Griffin trades Davis" and look at all the headlines.

"Pelicans’ David Griffin nails Anthony Davis trade, guts Lakers’ young core"

"Pelicans GM David Griffin turned Anthony Davis into so much return value"


I believe there were even articles about how ecstatic Griffin was after bamboozling us into overpaying.


That's purely speculation.. At the end of the day we kept a few solid young players and got AD along with a championship and a future that looks bright. Hart is decent but hardly enough to freak out or think overpay. Also, when a superstar is involved and that team trading is about to go into rebuild mode they are always going to value/want picks along with young assets as well. I highly doubt the trade has a chance of getting done without the picks as well.

You can google and search headlines/articles all you want but we still dont know for sure what was going on or what they would have been willing to take. Things were getting toxic asf and we needed to get it done soon and fast with Lebron on board at his age. That trade helped give the franchise a fresh start from the top down and waiting wasn't the answer even if we did overpay just a bit (which I personally dont think we did since all those guys outside of Ingram were/are very replaceable) . I'd say we're doing just fine currently and can't even afford to keep all the good players we currently have on the roster after this season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
leking006
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Oct 2018
Posts: 1171

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:50 pm    Post subject:

With AD likely gone for many games, I am banking on this kid to step up. This past few games it looks like he found that confidence even with this loss against the Nuggets, he playing good.

Vogel needs to adjust now specially the stating lineup. Without AD there, they wil be always prone to a slow start. Maybe he should try putting Caruso in the starting 5 instead of DS who we clearly see as slow starter.

Also they need to utilize harrell rolling ability now instead of forcing him to iso all the time. His strength is on the roll.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 110484

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Time to step up Kuz! You got this.
_________________
Mission accomplished for Kobe.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
leking006
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Oct 2018
Posts: 1171

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:07 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Time to step up Kuz! You got this.


It's nice seeing Kuz playing physical with his defender, he needs to be like this from here on.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Mar 2017
Posts: 3525

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:41 am    Post subject:

Big Game James wrote:
governator wrote:
Big Game James wrote:
governator wrote:
Big Game James wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Quote:
Jake Clark
@mrclarkinc
Still can’t believe the Pelicans didn’t force the Lakers to include Kuz in the AD trade. Like they were gonna walk away from that deal. lmao


This dude has a point.


We overpaid with all of the draft picks. No, he doesn't have a point.


AD + #17 is overpaid?


Huh? We gave up numerous players and draft picks / swaps. What is 17? And we didn't give up AD, we got AD.


It's been rehashed a lot but my main point is that the trade got us our 17th championship and Anthony Davis (arguably the only non-replacable piece in that trade, maybe Brandon Ingram to a lesser extent too) but all the other pieces going to Pels are replacable, including DeAndre Hunter, Lonzo Ball, Josh Hart, the future late 1st rounders... replacable, in reality, we actually have replaced them... Montrezl, Schroeder, Wesley Matthew. This is why we did not overpay (the trade is essentially AD + 17th championship for BI + replacable parts), you can argue that it was a beneficial trade for both teams.


I see. Well, that logic is very flawed because winning our 17th championship would have been done whether we overpaid for AD or not. That wouldn't have changed anything. We were bidding against ourselves. Giving up 3 very high lottery picks (Lonzo, Ingram and Hunter) along with a great young player in Hart was more than enough for a player who was leaving anyways and had successfully scared off all other bidders. The draft picks were not necessary. Go ahead and Google "Griffin trades Davis" and look at all the headlines.

"Pelicans’ David Griffin nails Anthony Davis trade, guts Lakers’ young core"

"Pelicans GM David Griffin turned Anthony Davis into so much return value"


I believe there were even articles about how ecstatic Griffin was after bamboozling us into overpaying.


LMAO, I’ve been saying this all along. Clippers would have pulled the trigger for AD and paired him up with Kawhi if we played Ainge game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Sep 2008
Posts: 19979
Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:53 am    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Time to step up Kuz! You got this.


It's nice seeing Kuz playing physical with his defender, he needs to be like this from here on.


Yup, my thoughts exactly. Kuz is now vital. He will now be playing his ideal role too. Good thing he's been working his butt off to improve his defense because it's going to get tested a lot the remainder of this season.

He might just prove his contract is a bargain for the Lakers if he shows up like we all hope he can.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mad55557777
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 7737

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:19 am    Post subject:

time to shine !! Kuz.
this is your time to prove that your next contract should be max or close to one.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Jul 2016
Posts: 3008

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:49 pm    Post subject:

only thing Kuz needs is a consistent jumper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 19783

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:51 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
time to shine !! Kuz.
this is your time to prove that your next contract should be max or close to one.


He'd have to do it for 3 consecutive years as a starter to get that.

Not happening.
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mad55557777
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 7737

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:11 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
only thing Kuz needs is a consistent jumper

so is THT and AC, but those players are very rare nowadays
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 17422

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:17 am    Post subject:

Harrison Faigen: Per InStat, Kyle Kuzma has ranked in the 99th percentile (!!!) as an isolation defender since Frank Vogel joined the Lakers, and in the 90th percentiles in several other defensive metrics. It’s all been part of a quest for him to fit in where he can: silverscreenandroll.com/2021/2/16/2228… pic.twitter.com/sNZ0X6FAS4 – via Twitter hmfaigen
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 110484

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:26 am    Post subject:

Really looking forward to seeing him step up. Really impressed by him this year. Let's go Kuz.
_________________
Mission accomplished for Kobe.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Theseus
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Dec 2007
Posts: 8257

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma going for 40 tonight
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Kobetan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 05 Sep 2020
Posts: 793

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:51 pm    Post subject:

Let Kuzmania begin
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 30460

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:12 pm    Post subject:

Big Game James wrote:
Well, that logic is very flawed because winning our 17th championship would have been done whether we overpaid for AD or not. That wouldn't have changed anything. We were bidding against ourselves. Giving up 3 very high lottery picks (Lonzo, Ingram and Hunter) along with a great young player in Hart was more than enough for a player who was leaving anyways and had successfully scared off all other bidders. The draft picks were not necessary.


We paid a lot, but the Lakers were in a hard position -- everyone (including the Pelicans) knew Rob was under enormous pressure to get a superstar. You can guess that the Pelicans would have blinked first if we had drawn a line in the sand, but who knows?

At the end of the day, you have to trust the guy who is actually in the room.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 30460

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:12 pm    Post subject:

Big Game James wrote:
Well, that logic is very flawed because winning our 17th championship would have been done whether we overpaid for AD or not. That wouldn't have changed anything. We were bidding against ourselves. Giving up 3 very high lottery picks (Lonzo, Ingram and Hunter) along with a great young player in Hart was more than enough for a player who was leaving anyways and had successfully scared off all other bidders. The draft picks were not necessary.


We paid a lot, but the Lakers were in a hard position -- everyone (including the Pelicans) knew Rob was under enormous pressure to get a superstar. You can guess that the Pelicans would have blinked first if we had drawn a line in the sand, but who knows?

At the end of the day, you have to trust the guy who is actually in the room.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 20 Jul 2006
Posts: 8041
Location: Left coast

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:17 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
Kuzma going for 40 tonight
I’m his biggest LG supporter, but It’s been clear that he’s not getting the ball because Lebron has other preferences. DS doesn’t look for him either. The few times teammates throw him the ball and get out of the way, it’s almost surprising. Normally he’s buried in the far corner, or standing by to catch a % busting buzzer beater pass.

Kuz is the one guy who has shown he can have some big games and I think it’s smart to make him part of the game plan, but it always seems like Lebron and his friends have other plans. Some of that is on the coach too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakersAlldaWay
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 307

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Lebron does not want to sit. He’s won a championship for every franchise he’s ever played for and is currently in numbers chasing mode. He wants to cement himself as the statistically greatest player of all time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
RashardA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 09 Aug 2004
Posts: 576
Location: Santa Monica

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:30 pm    Post subject:

Kuz carried last night.
_________________
Everyting negative - pressure, challenges - is all an opportunity for me to rise.
-Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 843, 844, 845, 846  Next
Page 844 of 846
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB