OFFICIAL KYLE KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 104, 105, 106 ... 108, 109, 110  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Jul 2016
Posts: 1097

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject:

kevin61 wrote:
This is just a passing thought, certainly not one with great consideration, but what about Kuz at the two. He shoots, moves his feet well and he's long.

Ok have at it, tell me why not.


KCP is a better defender than BI and Kuz. Zo needs KCP to check guys like curry harden paul lillard
_________________
The Kuz is Loose!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kevin61
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 848

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
kevin61 wrote:
This is just a passing thought, certainly not one with great consideration, but what about Kuz at the two. He shoots, moves his feet well and he's long.

Ok have at it, tell me why not.


KCP is a better defender than BI and Kuz. Zo needs KCP to check guys like curry harden paul lillard


That's about all I could come up with too. Let's see how that works out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 119765
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject:

Plus the FO isnít going to do KCP and his agent dirty by benching him. Not while they are still dreaming about next offseason.
_________________
#lakerclownshow
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 119765
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject:

kevin61 wrote:
Lakers 4 eva wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
defense wrote:
One minutes it's"positions don't matter anymore"
Next minute it's "Kuzma is a sf"

"The league is going smaller"
"Let's put The 6'9 pf Kuzma at sF"

I don't understand are we going small or are we going big?



Kuzma is limited by who he can defend, even a physical 3 like Johnson gave him trouble.


I love how you keep moving the goalposts


As VLF's greatest defender and greatest critic, this is a win/win for me. So, if you'd be so kind, please provide evidence of this.


My only point is that Kuzma needs to get stronger, he struggles guarding stronger players. That isnít unusual for a rookie, Ball has said the same about himself.
_________________
#lakerclownshow
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakers 4 eva
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 3708
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
kevin61 wrote:
Lakers 4 eva wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
defense wrote:
One minutes it's"positions don't matter anymore"
Next minute it's "Kuzma is a sf"

"The league is going smaller"
"Let's put The 6'9 pf Kuzma at sF"

I don't understand are we going small or are we going big?



Kuzma is limited by who he can defend, even a physical 3 like Johnson gave him trouble.


I love how you keep moving the goalposts


As VLF's greatest defender and greatest critic, this is a win/win for me. So, if you'd be so kind, please provide evidence of this.


My only point is that Kuzma needs to get stronger, he struggles guarding stronger players. That isnít unusual for a rookie, Ball has said the same about himself.


All of our players are bad defenders and alot of them have been in the league longer than Kuz hence we are one of the worst defensive teams in the league. So your point towards Kuzma really applies to every player on the roster. The fact that you keep singling him out and pointing out that fact trying to make it seem like a revelation.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 119765
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject:

No, not every player on the team is weak and gets pushed around by stronger players
_________________
#lakerclownshow
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
defense
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 23597

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject:

Well since we are cherry picking, let me get in on it.

Randle shouldn't start because he cant shoot and Lonzo needs shooters

Lonzo shouldn't start because he's injury prone (you know, like Nance)

KCP shouldn't start because he is always out of position on defense

Brook shouldn't start because he's the worst rebounding center in the league

Caruso should get no time at all because he looks 47 years old


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 10222

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject:

Joe Johnson pushes a lot of people around. He has grown man's strength. He did fine against Wiggins.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Jan 2011
Posts: 29604
Location: Torrance

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject:

If only we could get Thomas Robinson back for that inside toughness.
_________________
Smash-mouth basketball - Officially Dead (2014-2017)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 7281

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:24 pm    Post subject:

Watching the Philly Brooklyn game, Kuz is a very similar player to Dario Saric, but more athletic and without t-rex arms.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Jan 2016
Posts: 1534

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:27 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Watching the Philly Brooklyn game, Kuz is a very similar player to Dario Saric, but more athletic and without t-rex arms.


How is Simmons looking?
_________________
Starting Lineup:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 7281

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:31 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Watching the Philly Brooklyn game, Kuz is a very similar player to Dario Saric, but more athletic and without t-rex arms.


How is Simmons looking?

Still not shooting particularly well (not bad, though), but he's more under control in this game so far and kind of coasting in a blowout. He oozes talent.

ETA: he's since started bricking. His jumper will really hold him back without significant improvement.


Last edited by Baron Von Humongous on Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Scoffs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 12 Aug 2001
Posts: 607

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:36 pm    Post subject:

Maybe I'm imagining this, but when Kuzma and Clarkson are on the court together, Kuzma doesn't seem to get many touches. I don't know if it's because JC over dribbles or if he's playing keep-away from Kuzma, but that's a bad combination.

I don't think Kuzma and JC belong on the court at the same time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
justsomelakerfan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Jul 2016
Posts: 7561

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject:

Scoffs wrote:
Maybe I'm imagining this, but when Kuzma and Clarkson are on the court together, Kuzma doesn't seem to get many touches. I don't know if it's because JC over dribbles or if he's playing keep-away from Kuzma, but that's a bad combination.

I don't think Kuzma and JC belong on the court at the same time.


I have noticed this and I totally agree. Another reason why I am hoping Kuzma starts in the near future... He gets legit shut out with that second unit sometimes
_________________
#exkuzme
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Feb 2005
Posts: 5540
Location: Planet Terror

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject:

Scoffs wrote:
Maybe I'm imagining this, but when Kuzma and Clarkson are on the court together, Kuzma doesn't seem to get many touches. I don't know if it's because JC over dribbles or if he's playing keep-away from Kuzma, but that's a bad combination.

I don't think Kuzma and JC belong on the court at the same time.


JC has tunnel vision. One of the many reasons I want Kuzma starting with Lonzo..Less time playing next to Clarkson.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LandsbergerRules
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Aug 2004
Posts: 6317
Location: The Other Perspective

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
Scoffs wrote:
Maybe I'm imagining this, but when Kuzma and Clarkson are on the court together, Kuzma doesn't seem to get many touches. I don't know if it's because JC over dribbles or if he's playing keep-away from Kuzma, but that's a bad combination.

I don't think Kuzma and JC belong on the court at the same time.


I have noticed this and I totally agree. Another reason why I am hoping Kuzma starts in the near future... He gets legit shut out with that second unit sometimes


JC treats Kuz like Jordan in an 80s All-Star Game.
_________________
"Chick lived and breathed Lakers basketballÖbut he was also fair and objective and called every game the way it was played."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yuurin98
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 28 Aug 2015
Posts: 857

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:44 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
kevin61 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yuurin98 wrote:
I wonder if his teammates like him or not, when Randle is shooting free throws he gave Ingram a big five but gave Kuzma a little touch on the hand. I know I'm over-analyzing people's body language but I think Julius doesn't like Kuzma.


Gotta love middle school


Ok, I'll ring my own bell. A month ago I said:


kevin61 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
kevin61 wrote:
This dispute over who guards who in the 2019 playoffs is a bit far fetched. When you add two superstar players to an already good team you work those things out. Maybe you have to trade a guy to make it work, who knows. The point is the talent pool on the team is so great that you're able to make adjustments as necessary.

If you can own a Ferrari, you can maintain a Ferrari. You don't sweat the little details.


It's the dead part of the offseason, we need something semi interesting to discuss


Can't wait until Training Camp starts so we can begin discussing player attitudes by their body language in the layup line. Things are getting a bit thin around here.


You knew it was going to happen.

I actually saw that post when it first came out.
_________________
I was an atheist, until I knew Kobe.

I love basketball. *Metta voice*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yuurin98
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 28 Aug 2015
Posts: 857

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:44 pm    Post subject:

With that kind of footwork from Kuzma makes you wonder if he secretly worked out with Kobe or Hakeem in the offseason.
_________________
I was an atheist, until I knew Kobe.

I love basketball. *Metta voice*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kevin61
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 848

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:47 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Well since we are cherry picking, let me get in on it.

Randle shouldn't start because he cant shoot and Lonzo needs shooters

Lonzo shouldn't start because he's injury prone (you know, like Nance)

KCP shouldn't start because he is always out of position on defense

Brook shouldn't start because he's the worst rebounding center in the league

Caruso should get no time at all because he looks 47 years old



Caruso looks no older than mid to late 30's. He's in great shape for a middle aged man
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kevin61
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 848

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:02 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Plus the FO isnít going to do KCP and his agent dirty by benching him. Not while they are still dreaming about next offseason.


I agree, at least in the beginning.

But I've yet to come up with a reason that Kuz at the two is entirely absurd. He's a good ball handler, shoots well, good passer, quick feet on D and he's long. A 6'9 two guard would create matchup issues on the other side.

Most guys his size can't play the two because they don't have his feet.
Think Scotty Pippin.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kevin61
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 848

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Well since we are cherry picking, let me get in on it.

Randle shouldn't start because he cant shoot and Lonzo needs shooters

Lonzo shouldn't start because he's injury prone (you know, like Nance)

KCP shouldn't start because he is always out of position on defense

Brook shouldn't start because he's the worst rebounding center in the league

Caruso should get no time at all because he looks 47 years old



Caruso looks no older than mid to late 30's. He's in great shape for a middle aged man
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 26249

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:21 am    Post subject:

KUZMANIA is just warming up:

*Kyle Kuzmaís Trainer With Inside Info On The Steal Of The Draft

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-podcast-kyle-kuzmas-trainer-with-inside-info-on-the-steal-of-the-draft/2017/10/12/

*Former Ute Kyle Kuzma's NBA story keeps getting better and better

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/jazz/2017/10/11/former-ute-kyle-kuzmas-nba-story-just-keeps-getting-better-and-better/

*Luke Walton Discusses Julius Randle, Kyle Kuzma And Larry Nance, Jr.ís Battle For Minutes

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-luke-walton-discusses-julius-randle-kyle-kuzma-and-larry-nance-jr-s-battle-for-minutes/2017/10/11/
_________________
www.trendydeckpost.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 May 2010
Posts: 2036

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject:

Kuzma is the definition of the modern NBA in terms of "position-less" basketball, but so is BI. These guys are more than capable of playing and defending multiple positions on the court. This is where the NBA is currently at the position it will continue to be in.

Kuzma is definitely worthy of a starting position and minutes, but it most likely won't happen especially now. Kudos to Kuzma as he's obviously prepared his game for the NBA level of play and it will continue to bode well for this Lakers team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
2019
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Dec 2014
Posts: 4254

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject:

Scoffs wrote:
Maybe I'm imagining this, but when Kuzma and Clarkson are on the court together, Kuzma doesn't seem to get many touches. I don't know if it's because JC over dribbles or if he's playing keep-away from Kuzma, but that's a bad combination.

I don't think Kuzma and JC belong on the court at the same time.


Kuzma is best used with a guy like Lonzo who naturally fit with one another the court and I think Randle can be a monster off the bench... maybe even 6th man conversation.

I'm more interested in seeing a starting 5 with shooters like Kuz + Lopez and then "slasher" guys like Ingram + KCP. I think rebounding is soft but offensively they will flow together.

Having a bench led by Randle/Nance/Clarkson is really good and would give other benches fits. Randle would still be able to close games.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
bkim10
Rookie
Rookie


Joined: 12 Oct 2017
Posts: 9

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject:

I am really impressed with Kuzma's footwork, more than anything. Imagine if he worked with Kobe.. the possibilities!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 104, 105, 106 ... 108, 109, 110  Next
Page 105 of 110
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB