OFFICIAL KYLE KUZ CONTROL KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 153, 154, 155 ... 165, 166, 167  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:16 pm    Post subject:

In reply to the last poat

Yea at times Kuzma has forced things plenty as well as taken I'll advised rushed threes or shots that made us think of a 6'9 JC.

The main reason however is he's a rookie and he's gonna have those kinds of ups and downs.

Yes he gets tunnel vision, yes he pounds the ball from time to time and yes he hogs the ball out of our offense from time to time and causes turnovers as a result.

He's done all those things and you can both root for him AND acknowledge those things without protecting him.

But he's done a HECK OF A LOT MORE GOOD THAN BAD.

Benefit is he's a rookie and there's a lot of time to fix it. He bounced back from the two bad games where he was ooc some of the time to playing very controlled and within the offense today.

That's what you expect of a rookie season and he's having a fantastic one. Thus far he's been a top 3 rookie in the NBA imo. First team al-rookie for sure and that's great for us to have that with such a late pick.
Day
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:21 pm    Post subject:

^ I've never seen him get the ball early in the shotclock, hold on to the ball for 10+ seconds, and then force it.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:51 pm    Post subject:

Kuz hasn't taken any ill-advised 3s this regular season, maybe just a couple like every player has. He's actually passed up way too many 3s.....
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:54 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Kuz hasn't taken any ill-advised 3s this regular season, maybe just a couple like every player has. He's actually passed up way too many 3s.....

The ones that kill me are the ones he passes up to get called for a travel. Murder I tell u.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:06 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

The ones that kill me are the ones he passes up to get called for a travel. Murder I tell u.

Yeup.. there have been a few of those too
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:26 am    Post subject:

His ISO moves and shot potential there, are really encouraging. He probably is more of a scorer than sharpshooter. He'll still be 35% in his prime or maybe next year, don't worry. Very few rookies shoot well from deep. And he's taken like 5 bail out or heaves. Probably realistically at 30% right now. But he's good for 1 a game, his jumper looks good. He'll be a solid 3pt shooter in his prime. So multifaceted , he won't need to be a 40% guy to have allstar impact
governator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:37 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
His ISO moves and shot potential there, are really encouraging. He probably is more of a scorer than sharpshooter. He'll still be 35% in his prime or maybe next year, don't worry. Very few rookies shoot well from deep. And he's taken like 5 bail out or heaves. Probably realistically at 30% right now. But he's good for 1 a game, his jumper looks good. He'll be a solid 3pt shooter in his prime. So multifaceted , he won't need to be a 40% guy to have allstar impact

pretty accurate. I'd complaint if he was a 3rd/4th yr player but for a rookie... he good
Kjj10697X
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

pretty accurate. I'd complaint if he was a 3rd/4th yr player but for a rookie... he good

Fans are givng him the pass this year because he is a rookie. Fans will start turning on him his second or third year. They will want him traded for a subway sandwich.

Reference: BI last year, JC his rookie year.

Seriously, he just needs to work on the traveling and charging calls. Otherwise he will be fine.
lonzobryant
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject:

Kuzma is 4th on the team in mpg behind Zo, KCP, and BI yet he is 6th in usage rate and two players ahead of him... Clarkson and Randle. Doesn't make sense...especially when both are hovering around 20 mpg.
governator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:46 am    Post subject:

lonzobryant wrote:
Kuzma is 4th on the team in mpg behind Zo, KCP, and BI yet he is 6th in usage rate and two players ahead of him... Clarkson and Randle. Doesn't make sense...especially when both are hovering around 20 mpg.

kuzma is 3rd or 4th offensive option in the 1st unit
JC/Randle is 1st/2nd option in 2nd unit

this is coaching designed
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
lonzobryant wrote:

Yes, one has to understand the stat they are using.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject:

Day wrote:
^ I've never seen him get the ball early in the shotclock, hold on to the ball for 10+ seconds, and then force it.
lonzobryant
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
governator wrote:
lonzobryant wrote:

I thought our offense was predicated on ball movement so it's not about or neither do we have 1st or 2nd option... it's about making the right basketball play like the Warriors do. Maybe I'm wrong.
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject:

I'm no X's & O's expert by any means but two summers ago GT posted a video on what to expect from our offense once Luke was in charged. We were all excited, except for whatever reason (whether personnel or coaching) a lot of those plays didn't seem to translate. Especially deception plays and cutting.

I finally saw the one last night. Julius tells Kuzma to cut, and it seems like Kuzma waved him off, so Randle just passes the ball to Zo who's on the sideline area. The defense was so focused on Randle and Ball missed Kuz running around Randle and cutting hard to the basket for two points. Whether by design or smart players doing smart things, I'd like to see more of that. Win or Lose plays like that make my night.
Don Draper
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Day wrote:

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:55 pm    Post subject:

lonzobryant wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
governator wrote:
lonzobryant wrote:

I thought our offense was predicated on ball movement so it's not about or neither do we have 1st or 2nd option... it's about making the right basketball play like the Warriors do. Maybe I'm wrong.

A high usage rate isnít a bad thing. Players who can create for others often have high usage rates. Part of the reason that Kuz doesnít is because he seldom creates for others.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma is a good passer and rebounder. But I like the fact that he is decisive and for a rookie he usually makes good choices on both ends of the floor.
He has a bright future in the P&G.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
lonzobryant wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
governator wrote:
lonzobryant wrote:

A high usage rate isnít a bad thing. Players who can create for others often have high usage rates. Part of the reason that Kuz doesnít is because he seldom creates for others.

And you claim he doesn't understand the stat.

There's a .6 difference in usage between Kuzma and Lonzo. It has no bearing on passing or playmaking.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
lonzobryant wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
governator wrote:
lonzobryant wrote:

There's a .6 difference in usage between Kuzma and Lonzo. It has no bearing on passing or playmaking.

It kinda does, but only in the sense that passing/playmaking leads to more turnovers, generally speaking. Obviously with a guy like Lonzo it's not as true since he does a good job protecting the ball.

I think usage rate is really one of the worst stats out there. It's way too easy to misinterpret.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
lonzobryant wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
governator wrote:
lonzobryant wrote:

It kinda does, but only in the sense that passing/playmaking leads to more turnovers, generally speaking. Obviously with a guy like Lonzo it's not as true since he does a good job protecting the ball.

I think usage rate is really one of the worst stats out there. It's way too easy to misinterpret.

Looking at the TO leaders, I would say, for the exception of Rubio, it's probably 50/50 (individual scoring versus passing) on how the perimeter guys are getting them. Then you have the high turnover centers who aren't doing any playmaking. I agree that it's a very misleading stat.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:29 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
lonzobryant wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
governator wrote:
lonzobryant wrote:

I agree, it has little value. Many people see high and think it is bad and see low and think it is good. Either can be good or bad.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Early on he had been taking a bunch of contested 3s which he misses almost every time. He's since been more conscious of attacking closeouts or swinging it, it seems.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:30 pm    Post subject:

Kuz made it rain in the desert!

Kuz control Baby, Let's GO!
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject:

Those late game threes were huge tonight.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:42 pm    Post subject:

Got some 3ís to drop but missed almost everything else. I think he and Lonzo are ready for some home cooking. Tough road trip for rookies.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 153, 154, 155 ... 165, 166, 167  Next
Page 154 of 167
Jump to: