OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 172, 173, 174 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
mans made a business decision on that one WCS drive late in the game and you cant do nothin but respect it

live to fight another day my guy

totally saw him run away from that dunk in the 4th, I respect the #brand
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
I've been saying it for days, Kuzma has scoring on his mind first second and third. He's stopped caring as much about rebounding and the little hustle things. You can almost see it before he crosses halfcourt he's looking to fire if he goes more than 3 possessions without shooting. Never heard of making the extra pass, swing pass or at times.passimg at all. The rebounding has been atrocious. The kid is putting up.big scoring numbers but it's been criminal how many rebounds he's giving up. People will complain if Larry takes the starting job back because Kuz puts up points, but Larry does so much little stuff that doesn't show up.on the stay sheet it isn't even funny. We've really missed that in some.of these losses and near losses tomscrub teams

The bolded, I will argue against even if it's using my last breath. I think he's working on shot selection (the two Fisher specials made me highly upset, pls go behind the line or drive or do anything else) but he's not a ballhog and he doesn't really have tunnel vision.
Hoop_Knowledge
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:40 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
I've been saying it for days, Kuzma has scoring on his mind first second and third. He's stopped caring as much about rebounding and the little hustle things. You can almost see it before he crosses halfcourt he's looking to fire if he goes more than 3 possessions without shooting. Never heard of making the extra pass, swing pass or at times.passimg at all. The rebounding has been atrocious. The kid is putting up.big scoring numbers but it's been criminal how many rebounds he's giving up. People will complain if Larry takes the starting job back because Kuz puts up points, but Larry does so much little stuff that doesn't show up.on the stay sheet it isn't even funny. We've really missed that in some.of these losses and near losses tomscrub teams

While it is true that he definitely has a scorers mindset, everything else about your statement describing his play is either hyperbolic or flat out false.

While rebounding is currently not his strong suit, he hasn't stopped caring about it. Many times he is out of position based on his defensive assignment, and the fact that we have an unusually aggressive rebounding point guard, which in turn has allowed the wings (and he is a wing despite his position) to leak out faster for potential fast break opportunities.

The statement about how he's looking to fire if he goes 3 possessions without shooting is false as well. But even still, you can make that same claim about anyone else on the first unit sans Ball. And Kuz is arguably the best scorer on the team, so when he does get open, he is going to take the shot (like he should). Some people seem to be holding Kuz to a different standard regarding passing than either KCP or BI. Kuz may be a better passer and playmaker for others than those two, but he is also a better scorer.

He also makes a ton of extra passes, swing passes (when at the top of the key) and also there have been plenty of times when he posts and he effectively reads the defense and makes the cross court pass to an open shooter.

We have definitely missed Larry, but not as a starter.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:44 am    Post subject:

I don't think we've missed Larry
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:47 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
I love Kuzmas offensive skill set but he’s gotta improve significantly on the defensive end and with his shot selection. He had 17 points but really hurt the team last night. He was due a bad game though after a few great ones.

How about an assist? Can he set someone up for a score? But from what I read here (not from you) it has to be someone else’s fault.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:25 am    Post subject:

Kuz, Ingram and Clarkson are very good offensively but they need to expand their games.
They, at times, could get extra assists if they passed the ball when defenders try to close them out.
Kuz and Ingram need more experience and I think it will come. Clarkson really needs to look up sometime.
Hoop_Knowledge
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
I love Kuzmas offensive skill set but he’s gotta improve significantly on the defensive end and with his shot selection. He had 17 points but really hurt the team last night. He was due a bad game though after a few great ones.

How about an assist? Can he set someone up for a score? But from what I read here (not from you) it has to be someone else’s fault.

He gets those occasionally. The playmaking function, however, is not his main role since he spends most of his time on the court with Ball who is the primary playmaker/distributor (and gets the most assists). He has also on many occasions set up others for potential scoring opportunities, either off of drives or post-up situations. Not sure why people like to be negatively hyperbolic with other aspects of Kuz's game (that doesn't involve scoring). It's like, although he is the best scorer on the team, in order to diminish his overall game, people have to say patently false stuff like he doesn't or can't pass, and he doesn't rebound. Granted, there are weak points in his game right now, and they are on the defensive end. Scoring and passing (in the right situations) are not his weak points.

There is no need for folks to makeup or exaggerate his weaknesses in order to diminish his game and/or to prop up his teammates...
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:29 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

5 assists vs. the Bulls the other night, so maybe he can

BGH brought up shot selection. Shot selection is not quite the same thing as being a willing passer, and being a willing passer isn't always reflected in assist totals. I would say he needs to improve on taking good shots vs. bad shots and also not passing away good shots too.

So if we're going back to a conversation about him being a ballstopper, I don't exactly have access or know a way to show footage that proves this, but just recalling what I've seen with my two eyeballs, Kuz doesn't get the ball and stop everything trying to make a play. He gets the ball, and if he thinks something is there, he goes for it right away or he passes it right away... so I see a willing passer! Maybe someone else's eyeballs see something different, but that's what mine see. Ingram and JC are guys who are more in the mold of stopping ball movement to make a play happen (for better or worse).
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject:

Really the first time I thought the amount of bad shots superceded how many open looks he passed up - first time I thought you can be mad at the kid for shot selection. Usually he's making those shots or passing up good ones -- so much so that the "aggressive" shots don't ever upset me.
VLF is just checking the player who he sees the hype is on - he did this with LNJ last year ..it's usually just players who compete with his favorite player, Randle, I guess. Maybe that's almost fair because Randle has taken a lot of heat. But the substance for Kuz bashing isn't legit there - dude is a good passer and has been a solid playmaker since Summer League
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject:

🤔🤔🤔

Player 1: 16.8 ppg/6.3 reb/1.5 ast on 49/36/75 in 31mpg

Player 2: 18.8 ppg/4.1 reb/1.7 ast on 45/30/63 in 36mpg
Lifetime Lakers Guru
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:03 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Really the first time I thought the amount of bad shots superceded how many open looks he passed up - first time I thought you can be mad at the kid for shot selection. Usually he's making those shots or passing up good ones -- so much so that the "aggressive" shots don't ever upset me.
VLF is just checking the player who he sees the hype is on - he did this with LNJ last year ..it's usually just players who compete with his favorite player, Randle, I guess. Maybe that's almost fair because Randle has taken a lot of heat. But the substance for Kuz bashing isn't legit there - dude is a good passer and has been a solid playmaker since Summer League

Totally agree Kuz is a rookie who has been playing well since summer league,compared to our lottery draft picks the last 4 years u see what he can become with a strong off season. Nobody expected this type of production from him...nance is better all around at this point but nance as a rookie was no where near what Kuz is right now.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject:

36.6% from 3!! I don't know if gen keeps that up this whole year, but I do think he ends up there in a year or two. What a guy.

Also, great post up there a couple, Justsomelakerfan
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
🤔🤔🤔

Both guys are 22
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
🤔🤔🤔

wiggins
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:18 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
🤔🤔🤔

wiggins

And per 36 Kuz is outscoring him 19ppg to 18.6.

I haven't watched the Wolves at all this year though. Maybe there's some changes with bringing in Butler, but Lavine took a lot of shots last year too. In fact, Lavine took more shots last year than Butler is this year.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject:

yeah the wolves do have a lot of mouths to feed but I haven't watched them a whole lot either

but teague is a scorer and KAT wants his shots as well
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:

This is just wrong. Flat out hate.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Yup. His perimeter defense has been good too all season. It's his post D that needs work.
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject:

Kuz needs to add 15 pounds or so in the off season and he will. Remember its only his first year in the NBA. After a year of NBA training and nutrition he will improve his body and get better at post play, especially defensively. He has good length. Also his frame will make it easy for him to add muscle.
I agree that while he has all the skills on offense, its defense and rebounding where he really needs to improve and he will. Seems like a hard worker and a smart player.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Yup. His perimeter defense has been good too all season. It's his post D that needs work.

I would argue against his perimeter defense being good. And I don’t agree that his shot selection has been great so far this year. With that said, I love him as a prospect. I just think he has weaknesses that many others don’t see
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:39 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

I would argue against his perimeter defense being good. And I don’t agree that his shot selection has been great so far this year. With that said, I love him as a prospect. I just think he has weaknesses that many others don’t see

I wouldn't say his shot selection has been great either - both ways, passing up shots and heat-checking. But, most rookies don't have good shot selection - hell, most aren't good enough shooters to have the choice
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:44 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

I wouldn't say his shot selection has been great either - both ways, passing up shots and heat-checking. But, most rookies don't have good shot selection - hell, most aren't good enough shooters to have the choice

Agreed. That’s why I still love him as a prospect. I just don’t think he’s as effective as he’s made out to be YET
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Respectfully disagree. He's had the Bulls game which was obviously a good game passing wise from him with 5. Denver before that he had 3, and against PHX he had 2. Over the last 12 games outside of those 3 he has had 1 or no assists at all. For a guy who is putting up scoring numbers like that and having the ball as much as he is, he should absolutely be getting more assists than that. There are several occasions where he could make one more pass for a better shot but he automatically fires whether he has someone in his face or not.
Daiei
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:39 pm    Post subject:

Was upset he tried to do a highlight dunk when they were down...

Get your head in the game kid.
statyin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:47 pm    Post subject:

I don't get those who called Kuz a ball hog or stopper on the offense. For god's sake he is playing in a team which he is probably the best consistent scorer. Trust me, if he starts passing, we will look way worse than we do now. Team basketball only works when we have 5 players out there capable of playing offense. Right now, we only got 2-3 on the court most of the time.

Sometimes I look at the team plays, our players look like team Kuzma and his kids.......
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 172, 173, 174 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 173 of 880
Jump to: