OFFICIAL KYLE KUZ CONTROL KUZMA THREAD (rookie of the month!!! page 184)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 185, 186, 187 ... 189, 190, 191  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhazz
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
If we run the ball through Kuz and Ingram, no one else will touch the ball (hyperbole). Our ball movement is bad enough as it is.

They’re easily the best offensive players we have. Lack of distinct offensive focal points has been killing us this year. Someone needs to get the ball when points are needed and why not the two best guys? I’d rather let them do what they do than watch Clarkson suffocate the ball and then jack up a shot or Lopez, a 7 foot center, bricking threes.
3peat_pete
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject:

Kuz betrayed Kobe today. He wore Lebron 15s today.
justsomelakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
I really don't understand why Luke refuses to unleash this dude on offense. Can somebody tell him we can't actually win if we don't score with the ball?

Kuz is 80 percentile scoring at the post, 99.3 percentile on isolation and of course he shoots the team high 37.4% from 3. All that without any plays being run specifically for him(except for when he's called to jack up a three with the clock winding down at the end of quarters) or at least none that I have seen.

Of course the numbers could go down as and if he gets more attempts but just to compare, Ingram who is our go-to guy on ISO's every time we're forced to play half-court is only 26.8 percentile on isolation plays making only 35.4% of his attempts.

Kuz needs to start. I prefer benching Lopez but that's not very likely to happen. Kuz has to start but not only that, Luke has to actually run the offense through both Kuz and Ingram if want to win some games.

It's not rocket science. You run your offense through your best offensive players. Sharing the ball is nice and everything but you can't have guys shooting with low percentages have almost the same shot attempts per game as your better scorers. KCP and Lonzo shouldn't shoot more than 8 attempts per game. Both KCP and Zo are averaging 11 shot attempts right now while Kuz and Ingram are shooting not many more than them at only 12.8 and 12.7 a game. That's not a winning formula.

Give Kuz and BI the ball not only to shoot but also make plays for other guys. These 2 can do what Zo can't in the half court. They can penetrate, break down the defense and either finish or playmake easily. Luke has to make sure these 2 get enough touches and have the offense run through them primarily.

bless this post
3baller
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
If we run the ball through Kuz and Ingram, no one else will touch the ball (hyperbole). Our ball movement is bad enough as it is.

It remains to be seen. They're not being instructed specifically to make plays at the moment. But Luke has to realize that Zo was never a half court play maker. Let Ingram and Kuz handle the ball in the half court, break down or penetrate the defense and have Zo play off-ball and have Brook and KCP in the perimeter for the catch and shoot.
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject:

Rhazz wrote:
epak wrote:

They’re easily the best offensive players we have. Lack of distinct offensive focal points has been killing us this year. Someone needs to get the ball when points are needed and why not the two best guys? I’d rather let them do what they do than watch Clarkson suffocate the ball and then jack up a shot or Lopez, a 7 foot center, bricking threes.

Personally, I like the ball to move more to allow everyone to be a threat on offense. You can see that Kuzma and BI still get theres even when we're not looking for them all the time.

Kuz just has that Cedric Ceballos in him, where he can score even when you don't call his number.
PHILosophize
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
3baller wrote:
I really don't understand why Luke refuses to unleash this dude on offense. Can somebody tell him we can't actually win if we don't score with the ball?

Kuz is 80 percentile scoring at the post, 99.3 percentile on isolation and of course he shoots the team high 37.4% from 3. All that without any plays being run specifically for him(except for when he's called to jack up a three with the clock winding down at the end of quarters) or at least none that I have seen.

Of course the numbers could go down as and if he gets more attempts but just to compare, Ingram who is our go-to guy on ISO's every time we're forced to play half-court is only 26.8 percentile on isolation plays making only 35.4% of his attempts.

Kuz needs to start. I prefer benching Lopez but that's not very likely to happen. Kuz has to start but not only that, Luke has to actually run the offense through both Kuz and Ingram if want to win some games.

It's not rocket science. You run your offense through your best offensive players. Sharing the ball is nice and everything but you can't have guys shooting with low percentages have almost the same shot attempts per game as your better scorers. KCP and Lonzo shouldn't shoot more than 8 attempts per game. Both KCP and Zo are averaging 11 shot attempts right now while Kuz and Ingram are shooting not many more than them at only 12.8 and 12.7 a game. That's not a winning formula.

Give Kuz and BI the ball not only to shoot but also make plays for other guys. These 2 can do what Zo can't in the half court. They can penetrate, break down the defense and either finish or playmake easily. Luke has to make sure these 2 get enough touches and have the offense run through them primarily.

bless this post

bless you too
calistrtballr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Give him his damn starting spot back Luke!!
Megaton
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PHILosophize wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
3baller wrote:

bless this post

bless you too

Blessed. 👏🏻
justsomelakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

epak wrote:
Rhazz wrote:
epak wrote:

Personally, I like the ball to move more to allow everyone to be a threat on offense. You can see that Kuzma and BI still get theres even when we're not looking for them all the time.

Kuz just has that Cedric Ceballos in him, where he can score even when you don't call his number.

So then who else is a threat besides them? Because the other options aren't exactly reliable offense. KCP is flames or ice cold. Lonzo is in the arctic. No idea where Brook is, and when he's on, it's ISO post-ups and honestly ugly to watch. Larry is crazy efficient but he needs to be set up.

JC and Randle are threats, but they also come off the bench. So I don't really get wanting the ball to be shared among a bunch of non-threats on offense.
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:18 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
epak wrote:
Rhazz wrote:
epak wrote:

So then who else is a threat besides them? Because the other options aren't exactly reliable offense. KCP is flames or ice cold. Lonzo is in the arctic. No idea where Brook is, and when he's on, it's ISO post-ups and honestly ugly to watch. Larry is crazy efficient but he needs to be set up.

JC and Randle are threats, but they also come off the bench. So I don't really get wanting the ball to be shared among a bunch of non-threats on offense.

I feel they have to run the plays this way where everyone gets a look.
Yes, guys like Brook and KCP aren't consistent.
But imagine we run the same plays and we replace KCP and Brook with guys such as PG and Boogie for example.

The guys have to learn good habits now.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:19 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Rhazz wrote:
epak wrote:

You're absolutely right about Kuz having some Ced in him.. He doesn't need a play called for him.. With that being said I think he could put a lot of pressure on opposing defenses if we ran more plays for him.

His decision making isn't always the best, but that will improve with repetition.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:21 pm    Post subject:

calistrtballr wrote:
Give him his damn starting spot back Luke!!

Luke challenged him to play defense, we saw what happened there.
justsomelakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:24 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
epak wrote:
Rhazz wrote:
epak wrote:

But imagine we run the same plays and we replace KCP and Brook with guys such as PG and Boogie for example.

So they shouldn't start Kuzma & put it on him to develop better habits as a starter because the Lakers might sign Boogie or PG this offseason? I don't know about that one...
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma is our best freaking player and our best option on offense.
A regular 20 ppg player isnt starting yet Lonzo who shouldnt even be in the NBA is. I am livid with the whole thing to say the least.
They also get the same amount of shot attempts despite Lonzo being historically bad at shooting and by far the worst in the league in all shooting stats.

Its just frustrating. Ingram and Kuzma are clearly our two best players and should be treated as such. Start building around them now instead of doing whatever Luke is doing.
justsomelakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:42 pm    Post subject:

LakersNewEra wrote:
A regular 20 ppg player isnt starting yet Lonzo who shouldnt even be in the NBA is. I am livid with the whole thing to say the least.
They also get the same amount of shot attempts despite Lonzo being historically bad at shooting and by far the worst in the league in all shooting stats.

Its just frustrating. Ingram and Kuzma are clearly our two best players and should be treated as such. Start building around them now instead of doing whatever Luke is doing.

I don't really agree with everything you're saying here, but I will say that just about any other team in the league who had a young player with Kuzma's polish and efficiency on offense would be giving him all the opportunity in the world to figure out what kind of player he could be.
L.A.T.W
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:43 pm    Post subject:

LakersNewEra wrote:

Honestly couldn't have said it better!!!
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:43 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
epak wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
epak wrote:
Rhazz wrote:
epak wrote:

So they shouldn't start Kuzma & put it on him to develop better habits as a starter because the Lakers might sign Boogie or PG this offseason? I don't know about that one...

If we're strictly talking about developing him, he can develop starting or off the bench. That shouldn't matter.

If we're talking about running plays through him half the time and running through BI the other half, then I dont think that's the best option. If you think it is, that's fine.
E=MC˛
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:45 pm    Post subject:

The only reason Kuzma is not starting is cause he was picked at 27. Luke is a grade A (bleep) idiot
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:53 pm    Post subject:

E=MC˛ wrote:
The only reason Kuzma is not starting is cause he was picked at 27. Luke is a grade A (bleep) idiot

So true.
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject:

E=MC˛ wrote:
The only reason Kuzma is not starting is cause Luke is a grade A (bleep) idiot

fixed
lonzobryant
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:56 pm    Post subject:

E=MC˛ wrote:

I don't think that's Luke's call. First game of the season we didn't even know if Kuzma would play 10 minutes...Luke started giving him heavy minutes when Nance was starting and he was closing out games. Then when Nance gets back from injury Luke does this whole 180 on Kuzma. I think it's most likely making that decision. They're trying to force Lonzo to be star and that's not exactly who he is.
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Rookie of the month and still coming off the bench, on a crappy team none the less. The other rookie of the month isn't coming off the bench, that's for sure.
justsomelakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject:

His essays get a lot of lols on here but also it is the greatest feeling in the world to agree with MJST on things
NBALakerLegends
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Which other team in the NBA has their best scorer (and shooter) come off the bench?
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:00 pm    Post subject:

NBALakerLegends wrote:
Which other team in the NBA has their best scorer (and shooter) come off the bench?

Denver and Utah. Oh, and now the clippers
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 185, 186, 187 ... 189, 190, 191  Next
Page 186 of 191
Jump to: