OFFICIAL KYLE KUZ CONTROL KUZMA THREAD (rookie of the month!!! page 184)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 186, 187, 188 ... 192, 193, 194  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:03 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:
Which other team in the NBA has their best scorer (and shooter) come off the bench?

Denver and Utah. Oh, and now the clippers

Which other team has their best player come off the bench?
NBALakerLegends
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:05 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:
Which other team in the NBA has their best scorer (and shooter) come off the bench?

Iíll give you Utah, but looks like Mitchell might be their best scorer lately and now heís starting.

Denver has Jokic, Millsap and Garyís harris as their top 3 scorers. They all start.

Blake is their best scorer when healthy and he starts. Gallo would be second best and he starts too.

Last edited by NBALakerLegends on Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
justsomelakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:06 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
epak wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:

Which other team has their best player come off the bench?

The Lakers last year
assuming we are both talking about Randle in this situation
RichD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:40 am    Post subject:

Randle? Lol.. I love this forum.
captain jack
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:10 am    Post subject:

I've seen Luke visibly angry at this kid when he makes a mistake on the floor...which I have no problem with, but I never see Luke visibly angry at Lonzo when he makes a mistake. This kid rarely shows fire and comes across to damn California cool. Is it too early to say that we made a poor pick?
justsomelakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:36 am    Post subject:

captain jack wrote:
I've seen Luke visibly angry at this kid when he makes a mistake on the floor...which I have no problem with, but I never see Luke visibly angry at Lonzo when he makes a mistake. This kid rarely shows fire and comes across to damn California cool. Is it too early to say that we made a poor pick?

Ya it's too early
Baron Von Humongous
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:57 am    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
captain jack wrote:

Ya it's too early

Not at head coach.
justsomelakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:03 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
captain jack wrote:

Ya it's too early

Not at head coach.

oh well that's a different story

it's too early to say that Lonzo was a poor pick, that's how I read that
Baron Von Humongous
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:25 am    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
captain jack wrote:

Ya it's too early

Not at head coach.

Oh yeah, the Lonzo stuff us nonsense. But Luke is pointlessly using a double standard with Kuzma.
The Juggernaut
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:43 pm    Post subject:

I fear Luke will hinder Kuzma's development. He seems to treat Kuz and Randle differently from everyone else even thought they are our 2 best players.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
I fear Luke will hinder Kuzma's development. He seems to treat Kuz and Randle differently from everyone else even thought they are our 2 best players.

Could be a lot going on behind the curtain. From all accounts Lonzo and BI are model players and do what ever the coaches ask them to in practice so maybe they have a longer rope. Mabye Kuz and Randle don't listen as much in practice.

"I think we often overlook the best way for a team like these Lakers to obtain star level players is to turn their current players into stars, rather than looking for outside help."
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:09 pm    Post subject:

So are we putting together a Boy Scout team? I mean look at the cast of ďI donít give a FĒ guys heís played alongside of. I fear we are overly investing in politeness over talent. Oh and the Lakers May pursue boogie? He isnít exactly a ďyes sirĒ guy. Neither is lbj.
BI
Kuz
Boogie

Keep Jules
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
captain jack wrote:

Ya it's too early

Not at head coach.

Oh yeah, the Lonzo stuff us nonsense. But Luke is pointlessly using a double standard with Kuzma.

Lopez and KCP jack up what they want. Randle is less of an ideally willing passer. But Kuz is the only one who gets punished for shot selection (or errant passes , Luke gave him the death stare 2 games ago)
..... I don't like it
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:07 pm    Post subject:

I have seen Luke get on him when he has developed tunnel vision. He yanked Randle a couple of games ago and it was the right thing to do. Randle came back in and moved the ball with some good passing. Luke did that to Kuzma recently.
The Juggernaut
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

Could be a lot going on behind the curtain. From all accounts Lonzo and BI are model players and do what ever the coaches ask them to in practice so maybe they have a longer rope. Mabye Kuz and Randle don't listen as much in practice.

Then maybe BI and Zo should stop listening too cuz Kuzma and Randle have been great this year.

All this politics off the court is really immature if true. The coach should be about playing the best guys and winning games. Shouldn't be about playing favorites. The better you play the more minutes you should get.
3baller
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:32 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

Then maybe BI and Zo should stop listening too cuz Kuzma and Randle have been great this year.

All this politics off the court is really immature if true. The coach should be about playing the best guys and winning games. Shouldn't be about playing favorites. The better you play the more minutes you should get.

For a guy who chose his drinking buddies for a coaching staff, itís not really that much of a stretch to think that he likes playing favorites.
Baron Von Humongous
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
captain jack wrote:

Ya it's too early

Not at head coach.

Lopez and KCP jack up what they want. Randle is less of an ideally willing passer. But Kuz is the only one who gets punished for shot selection (or errant passes , Luke gave him the death stare 2 games ago)
..... I don't like it

Exactly. Does Kuz really need tough love? Even though he needs to continue to improve, as all rookies do, does he not play basketball the right way?

This isn't "An Officer and a Gentleman" where Richard Gere needs Louis Gossett, Jr. on his ass 24/7 to reach his full potential - Kuz is one of the best young scorers in the league with a good feel for the game already, and all he needs are minutes, while this bad Lakers team desperately needs his scoring against starting units.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:17 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
captain jack wrote:

Ya it's too early

Not at head coach.

..... I don't like it

Exactly. Does Kuz really need tough love? Even though he needs to continue to improve, as all rookies do, does he not play basketball the right way?

This isn't "An Officer and a Gentleman" where Richard Gere needs Louis Gossett, Jr. on his ass 24/7 to reach his full potential - Kuz is one of the best young scorers in the league with a good feel for the game already, and all he needs are minutes, while this bad Lakers team desperately needs his scoring against starting units.

Sounds awfully familiar. Could've sworn we heard this before.
"Rein it in, Kuzma..."
justsomelakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:49 pm    Post subject:

It's pretty silly though. Donovan Mitchell is only a year younger and Kuzma is scoring at about the same level if not being better overall as a scorer this season. Mitchell's the future of the Jazz, Kuzma's relegated to the bench.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:19 pm    Post subject:

Snyder was a laker assisant once
LakerSD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:47 am    Post subject:

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-kobe-bryant-dinner-kyle-kuzma-having-best-trait/2017/12/05/

Quote:
In a preview of an interview that will air in its entirety on Thursday, Bryant touched on what characteristics set Kuzma apart, via Spectrum SportsNet:

ďA lot of GMs are kicking themselves over that one. Heís extremely articulate and very inquisitive. I think thatís always the best trait to have, is curiosity. Because you want to know why things work. You want to know why things happen and how things happen. When you have that kind of curiosity, youíre constantly seeking for ways to improve mentally, physically. Thatís the thing that jumped out at me the most.Ē

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:51 am    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
Snyder was a laker assisant once

At one point we had Snyder, Messina, Clifford as assistants. Whoa.
BI
Kuz
Boogie

Keep Jules
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:30 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
I fear Luke will hinder Kuzma's development. He seems to treat Kuz and Randle differently from everyone else even though they are our 2 best players.

Rather than "even though", I think he treats them differently because they're our best players. He not only expects more, but has to use different tactics to bring out their best.

Neither BI, nor Ball, strikes me as having fiery dispositions, Randle & Kuz, otoh, are fire breathers.
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:38 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-kobe-bryant-dinner-kyle-kuzma-having-best-trait/2017/12/05/

Quote:
In a preview of an interview that will air in its entirety on Thursday, Bryant touched on what characteristics set Kuzma apart, via Spectrum SportsNet:

ďA lot of GMs are kicking themselves over that one. Heís extremely articulate and very inquisitive. I think thatís always the best trait to have, is curiosity. Because you want to know why things work. You want to know why things happen and how things happen. When you have that kind of curiosity, youíre constantly seeking for ways to improve mentally, physically. Thatís the thing that jumped out at me the most.Ē

Kobe gets it. He sees a lot of himself in Kuzma. No wonder. We all noticed similarities both in their game and their mentality. Stands to reason that Kuzma probably idolized Kobe and tried to emulate him.

Luke is either an idiot or....you gotta wonder if he's projecting something onto this Lakers team. He was an unahletic untalented player himself and maybe it isnt a coincidence that 3 of our 4 best players including our rookie standout are benched?
Maybe Luke prefers those he sees himself in...

The thing is, we need to play and start those that Kobe sees himself in...and thats Kuzma!!!! How often does someone get an endorsment from Kobe??? Come on almost never!!!!! Other than Westbrook I cant think of a single player that Kobe said...alright I like this kid...I see something special there, I relate... Well he just basically said all that about Kuzma!!!!

Come on Luke stop pissing me off... And everyone else Im sure!!! Dont make the fanbase turn on you!!! You aint gonna win if it becomes you vs Kuzma...
VicXLakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:47 am    Post subject:

lotta dreamin going on in here...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 186, 187, 188 ... 192, 193, 194  Next
Page 187 of 194
Jump to: