OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 235, 236, 237 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhazz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:48 pm    Post subject:

CantStopJM wrote:
Rhazz wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
3baller wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
3baller wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
Seriously, why is he so hyped?

He's another Clarkson. Same pros and same cons. There's a reason why advanced metrics hate him. He can't defend. When his shot is on, he'll give the points right back. When his shot is off, he's as much as a liability as Clarkson.

For someone trying to use advanced metrics, you should’ve at least gotten your facts straight or even close for that matter.

Julius Randle 1st yr playing: -2.75 ORPM, -1.55 DRPM, -4.3 RPM
Jordan Clarkson: Rookie: 0.64 ORPM, -3.00 DRPM, -2.36 DRPM
Sophomore: O.14 ORPM, -2.56 DRPM, -2.42 RPM
3rd year: -0.63 ORPM, -3.39 DRPM, -4.02 RPM
D’angelo Russell: -1.10 ORPM, -2.56 DRPM, -3.66RPM
Brandon Ingram: -1.76 ORPM, -2.93 DRPM, -4.69 RPM

Kyle Kuzma: 0.02 ORPM, -1.73 DRPM, -1.71 RPM

Kuz was around -2.5, -2.7 DRPM a month ago so he’s been trending upward since focusing more on D. He’s not on the same stratosphere at sucking on defense as JC. Not even close. And he’s playing better D than our other past hyped rookies on their 1st year so..

What in the world did you just prove with this post? He's bad defensively but not as bad as Clarkson? Ok?

He's one of the worst defenders in the league. Visually and numbers wise.

The fact that some people think he's untouchable and part of our future is alarming. He's overrated on this board. Wolves gave up Lavine without blinking yet some people wouldn't trade him at all except for 10-15 guys.

Uhh proved that A.) he’s getting better on D as the season is progressing B.) He’s still a rookie but is playing better D than our last rookies including our other untouchable Ingram C.) Kuz is hyped because he’s a rookie and still has upside on D and has shown elite offensive potential, unlike JC who you compared him to who has been consistently bad on defense D.) You are probably high

Also pretty sure LaVine had a very serious injury which I’m sure made the decision a lot easier.

Who cares if he's getting better on defense, I would hope so, he was probably the worst one in the league. He still sucks defensively. Clarkson was bad defensively his rookie year, has he progressed on that end? Kuzma has upside defensively? He looks like a nervous wreck on that end like he's whispering to himself don't pass to my man don't pass to my man. You would think after seeing Randle and Clarkson that people would realize that potential is just a word.

No joke, you are definitely not watching this kid play and that’s obvious.

Are you sure or maybe you're just a homer?

I saw this dude go into a charge stance on defense when his man wasn't even attacking him and was a foot away from him dribbling. He has no defensive instincts. Do you think those just magically appear?

Defensive instincts? No one is saying this kid is gonna be a magical defender but his improvement is rapid and obvious both statistically and visually. Does he make mistakes? Sure, he’s a rookie. What I am impressed by is his willingness to learn. To say he’s the next Clarkson is straight up blind hate.
laker84
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:04 pm    Post subject:

I guess every player on this team and for this franchise will have their haters. Lonzo have his and Kuzma have his so does every other on the team.. Now that Kuzma is in a slump he is the worst defender ever in the NBA. He has made key defensive blocks and plays in the recent wins and it count for bleep to these haters, I guess thats curse these players playing for this franchise. Plus the KUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUz chant still in effect throughout NBA arenas Go figure.

One thing to point out from this game tonight, Kuzma along with KCP, Hart and Nance played a lot better along with the new point guard GPII in the 4th qu
arter than the three previous quarters
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:05 pm    Post subject:

One thing that Kuz can do is SHOOT! nuff said.
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:22 pm    Post subject:

He needs to improve his help defense and hit the weight room next summer. Improving his strength would immensely and immediately help his defense against bulkier PFs. Right now he's not built to bang inside but has done a decent job vs lankier guys like Kristaps and Giannis. I think he had 2 blocks on 2 Kristaps jumpers if I remember correctly. Watching film will help him with his help D. As long as he's got the work ethic and willingness to learn and adjust his game, he will be fine.
tnell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:32 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Kuzma has some great offensive talent but he has a tendency to try to do too much. On defense he is as bad as the worst defenders on the team. I don't believe hes ready to be a starting PF. Maybe when he figures out the defensive end.

Even though what you said is true you'll be labels a hater by the Kuzma fanboys
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:36 pm    Post subject:

tnell wrote:
defense wrote:
Kuzma has some great offensive talent but he has a tendency to try to do too much. On defense he is as bad as the worst defenders on the team. I don't believe hes ready to be a starting PF. Maybe when he figures out the defensive end.

Even though what you said is true you'll be labels a hater by the Kuzma fanboys

Let's not polarize Kuzma fandom like that
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:57 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma is a rookie and makes rookie mistakes, he's has a long way to go defensively and offensively. However he has great potential and upside. Give him time; the best is yet to come.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:23 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Kuzma is a rookie and makes rookie mistakes, he's has a long way to go defensively and offensively. However he has great potential and upside. Give him time; the best is yet to come.

The problem is that he is as old as Hart and Randle, so his physical prime is only 3-4 years away (as is their’s). That is why 4 year players usually go late in drafts.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma has defensive potential. He moves his feet well on the perimeter when engaged. He needs to learn team defense in the NBA and keep his focus on that end. He also needs to add on 10lbs of muscle, he's getting bullied by bigger 4s. Randle was very bad on defense too his first couple seasons. Usually rookies suck on D.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:41 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
Kuzma has defensive potential. He moves his feet well on the perimeter when engaged. He needs to learn team defense in the NBA and keep his focus on that end. He also needs to add on 10lbs of muscle, he's getting bullied by bigger 4s. Randle was very bad on defense too his first couple seasons. Usually rookies suck on D.

He needs to learn to make much more effort on defense but let’s not cap him out after 42 games.
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:43 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
pio2u wrote:

The problem is that he is as old as Hart and Randle, so his physical prime is only 3-4 years away (as is their’s). That is why 4 year players usually go late in drafts.

Some people act like Kuzma being 22 is the equivalent of a 22 year old NBA player in his 4th season..No way, no how. Rookie season is still a rookie season.
Things like NBA level conditioning, training, understanding of the game etc etc...you only gain that by playing.

Kuzma's potential isnt any worse simply because he stayed in college longer. He will pick it all up faster and develop faster than most younger rookies would but but he's still a rookie in his own right.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:47 pm    Post subject:

LakersNewEra wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Some people act like Kuzma being 22 is the equivalent of a 22 year old NBA player in his 4th season..No way, no how. Rookie season is still a rookie season.
Things like NBA level conditioning, training, understanding of the game etc etc...you only gain that by playing.

Kuzma's potential isnt any worse simply because he stayed in college longer. He will pick it all up faster and develop faster than most younger rookies would but but he's still a rookie in his own right.

That is pretty much my point, teams prefer the 22 yo with 4 years in the NBA than 4 years in college. They have already been through all the rookie downs by the time they hit their primes. The college players haven’t.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:09 pm    Post subject:

"Who cares if he's getting better on defense?"

- CantStopJM

Can't make this stuff up!
BROW GOAT 23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:25 pm    Post subject:

CantStopJM wrote:
3baller wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
3baller wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
Seriously, why is he so hyped?

He's another Clarkson. Same pros and same cons. There's a reason why advanced metrics hate him. He can't defend. When his shot is on, he'll give the points right back. When his shot is off, he's as much as a liability as Clarkson.

For someone trying to use advanced metrics, you should’ve at least gotten your facts straight or even close for that matter.

Julius Randle 1st yr playing: -2.75 ORPM, -1.55 DRPM, -4.3 RPM
Jordan Clarkson: Rookie: 0.64 ORPM, -3.00 DRPM, -2.36 DRPM
Sophomore: O.14 ORPM, -2.56 DRPM, -2.42 RPM
3rd year: -0.63 ORPM, -3.39 DRPM, -4.02 RPM
D’angelo Russell: -1.10 ORPM, -2.56 DRPM, -3.66RPM
Brandon Ingram: -1.76 ORPM, -2.93 DRPM, -4.69 RPM

Kyle Kuzma: 0.02 ORPM, -1.73 DRPM, -1.71 RPM

Kuz was around -2.5, -2.7 DRPM a month ago so he’s been trending upward since focusing more on D. He’s not on the same stratosphere at sucking on defense as JC. Not even close. And he’s playing better D than our other past hyped rookies on their 1st year so..

What in the world did you just prove with this post? He's bad defensively but not as bad as Clarkson? Ok?

He's one of the worst defenders in the league. Visually and numbers wise.

The fact that some people think he's untouchable and part of our future is alarming. He's overrated on this board. Wolves gave up Lavine without blinking yet some people wouldn't trade him at all except for 10-15 guys.

Uhh proved that A.) he’s getting better on D as the season is progressing B.) He’s still a rookie but is playing better D than our last rookies including our other untouchable Ingram C.) Kuz is hyped because he’s a rookie and still has upside on D and has shown elite offensive potential, unlike JC who you compared him to who has been consistently bad on defense D.) You are probably high

Also pretty sure LaVine had a very serious injury which I’m sure made the decision a lot easier.

Who cares if he's getting better on defense, I would hope so, he was probably the worst one in the league. He still sucks defensively. Clarkson was bad defensively his rookie year, has he progressed on that end? Kuzma has upside defensively? He looks like a nervous wreck on that end like he's whispering to himself don't pass to my man don't pass to my man. You would think after seeing Randle and Clarkson that people would realize that potential is just a word.

Debbie Downer will always be there for you folks...
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:34 pm    Post subject:

WHO CARES IF HE IS GETTING BETTER ON DEFENSE

I'm dying. Go back to your cave.

I love basketball. *Metta voice*
StnlyRoper
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:48 pm    Post subject:

Who cares if I’m winning the lottery; I was already living comfortably
rogers49
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:00 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

Horrible defensive performance yesterday, Nance rebuked him when he moved to his side letting a red carpet for his opponent to dunk.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject:

rogers49 wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Horrible defensive performance yesterday, Nance rebuked him when he moved to his side letting a red carpet for his opponent to dunk.

JC was late and Kuzma was guarding 2 guys.
I think Larry was telling him, you don't leave the guy with the ball.
rogers49
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:04 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:05 pm    Post subject:

This conversation is coming from the Ball vs DLO thread but I want to restart it here. GT said that Kuzma was considered a lottery talent as a big and a wing. If that’s the case, why do we only play him at the 4? I get that a lot maybe most 4s are wings these days but he’s almost exclusively at that spot this year. He’s a tweener but I’ve always seen him as more of a 3 than 4. Why doesn’t he ever play the 3? Especially since our 2s and 3s(besides Ingram) have been very underwhelming this year.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:13 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
This conversation is coming from the Ball vs DLO thread but I want to restart it here. GT said that Kuzma was considered a lottery talent as a big and a wing. If that’s the case, why do we only play him at the 4? I get that a lot maybe most 4s are wings these days but he’s almost exclusively at that spot this year. He’s a tweener but I’ve always seen him as more of a 3 than 4. Why doesn’t he ever play the 3? Especially since our 2s and 3s(besides Ingram) have been very underwhelming this year.

Doesn't he have such an advantage at the 4 spot, especially when other bigs try to guard him from baseline to baseline? He also makes the other teams' big come out to guard him providing interior space for the team. I also believe Luke said he playing the 4 simplifies things for Kuz.

What type of lineup were you thinking about with Kuzma playing a 2 or 3?
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:21 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

Doesn't he have such an advantage at the 4 spot, especially when other bigs try to guard him from baseline to baseline? He also makes the other teams' big come out to guard him providing interior space for the team. I also believe Luke said he playing the 4 simplifies things for Kuz.

What type of lineup were you thinking about with Kuzma playing a 2 or 3?

Yes he does have an advantage at the 4, I’m not saying play him exclusively at the 3.

Never at the 2. We would move Ingram down to the 2 and Kuzma to the 3 in those situations. Any lineup with 2 of our other 3 bigs(Lopez, Randle, Nance). We don’t use those situations near enough IMO.
Ball
KCP/Ingram
Kuz
Nance/Randle
Lopez/Randle
I think we should give those lineups a shot instead of hockey subbing in bigs 2 at a time so much.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject:

IMO he does not have the speed or handles yet to be a full time 3. Plus that is where BI plays.
RichD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:18 pm    Post subject:

Any word on his hand?
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:19 pm    Post subject:

this thread title is now MEAN
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 235, 236, 237 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 236 of 880
Jump to: