OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 260, 261, 262 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:39 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
we're still sure that Koozy is good right

He will be, ya. His start just messed with everyone's ceiling for him and rookie expectations/perspective. He still has a really good shot to be a starting stretch 4 in the league eventually....I uh, think we should be nothing but happy about that for a 27th pick
Doc JC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:41 pm    Post subject:

watchME wrote:
Luke messed with his flow... But i wont question his motives. Kuzma needs to be a presence without scoring the ball.

What’s wrong with being a presence while scoring the ball? I get we all want more, but I’d be just fine with him burning the nets down. Right now I think it’s just about better shot selection. Improved conditioning and strength will also do wonders for him going forward. He has definitely made significant strides on defense though. Sky’s the limit.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:41 pm    Post subject:

textbook wrote:
pio2u wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
textbook wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
jmnluvr wrote:
Quote:
“Only white kid out there, I guess they went at him,” Kuzma said

Gotta hand it to the kid, he speaks his mind.

What was this in reference to?

The irony here is that Kuz is the one that shoulda gone after on D.

The irony here is that Kuz is WHITE!

His dad is Afro-American.

I know, but his mom is white. Just weird when I hear guys that have white or other race parents talk about a certain race when they too are part of that race.
hey blame that on the white ancestors for creating what they called the one drop rule. thats where what you speak of came from. without that. everyone thats of mixed race would see themselves as that of mixed race, nothing more, nothing less.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:49 pm    Post subject:

Doc JC wrote:
watchME wrote:
Luke messed with his flow... But i wont question his motives. Kuzma needs to be a presence without scoring the ball.

What’s wrong with being a presence while scoring the ball? I get we all want more, but I’d be just fine with him burning the nets down. Right now I think it’s just about better shot selection. Improved conditioning and strength will also do wonders for him going forward. He has definitely made significant strides on defense though. Sky’s the limit.

Strongly disagree. His lack of improvement on the defensive end has been disappointing.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:25 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Doc JC wrote:
watchME wrote:

Strongly disagree. His lack of improvement on the defensive end has been disappointing.

Playing him at the 3 probably doesn't help.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:32 pm    Post subject:

Probably a 6th man on a good team unless he can improve his D. That is still high value for the 27th pick. Most of those guys in the late 1st round are out of the league after their rookie contract.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:08 pm    Post subject:

For all the people questioning Kuz, how about we trade him like our other guys & watch him flourish somewhere else? I'm sure they'll be plenty of takers.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Starting at SF has not agreed with him. I think his legs are shot at this point.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:09 am    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
Starting at SF has not agreed with him. I think his legs are shot at this point.

Yup, he hit the rookie wall around Xmas. So did Tatum. It happens.

I still think he has future 6MOY potential. Not starting material until he can at least play league average defense. Still a great addition to the team.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:18 am    Post subject:

Kuz is going for 20+ tonight.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:29 am    Post subject:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=P0VTRLmtYRU
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:32 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=P0VTRLmtYRU

Like I said: Kuz going for 20+ tonight
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:49 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
For all the people questioning Kuz, how about we trade him like our other guys & watch him flourish somewhere else? I'm sure they'll be plenty of takers.

It's like they've learned nothing watching BI go from struggling rookie to 18-5-5 on 50/50/80 splits. Patience.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:55 am    Post subject:

Luke definitely messed with his rhythm but can't complain too much about it because the team has played very good in that stretch. His legs are also shot. As someone else pointed out most rookies hit that wall including Tatum.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:57 am    Post subject:

Kuzma is fine..a lot of offensive talent. Teams have started to take notice and are scouting him, so he’s going to need to work on some counters...not a big deal.

He still needs to be hitting that open 3 though
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:11 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Doc JC wrote:
watchME wrote:

He needs to start with the basics, how to get into a defensive stance.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:11 pm    Post subject:

Kuz has such a beautiful stroke. So smooth.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:38 pm    Post subject:

I definitely don't think Kyle Kuzma is above criticism, but he's being put in a very difficult spot with the injuries in what should be a part of the season where he thrives off the bench. Kuz is inconsistent but sometimes great offensively, and he's always willing to feed another scorer to keep the defense off balance. Having players like Ingram and Hart around helps his game. Dammit anyhow.

Kyle is less than average defensively, not for lack of physical ability or even desire, but for lack of fundamentals as has been pointed out by numerous posters including GT in LFR and VLF just above. This puts Kuz at a huge disadvantage when getting plunked into the 3 spot against quicker wings and driving guards funneled his direction.

I don't think it'll stay this way. Randle sucked at defense too his first year, now he's pretty decent at man defense, not making as many mistakes on team defense, and can actually guard perimeter players. Kuzma strikes me as intelligent, I look forward to seeing how good he is 2 years from now.
Lakersneuron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:42 pm    Post subject:

If Maglinka traded him in a package with Deng to free up that second max, I wouldn't be mad. They can then resign Randle.
"I don’t give a [expletive] what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations.' Well, [expletive] you. Because I don’t play for your [expletive] approval."
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:59 pm    Post subject:

He’s hit the wall, but he’s done more than enough earlier in the season to earn patience from us. I’m confident that our FO sees that and is much more patient than reactionary arm chair GMs.
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:12 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Of all rookies shooting at least 4 threes per game, only 3 shoot a higher percentage than Kuzma. Kuzma is also third in scoring among rookies and Simmons is number 2 in his second season. There is a lot of good to talk about. His defense is terrible but he does some good things too.

This is Ben Simmons’ first season
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:59 pm    Post subject:

Lakersneuron wrote:
If Maglinka traded him in a package with Deng to free up that second max, I wouldn't be mad. They can then resign Randle.

NO! I would rather attach two first round picks to Deng to make that deal work. Kuz is the real deal, don't trade him now.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:06 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Lakersneuron wrote:

NO! I would rather attach two first round picks to Deng to make that deal work. Kuz is the real deal, don't trade him now.

Exactly. Kuz is the real deal and is on a cost controlled rookie contract. I also believe Magic has more loyalty to the players he drafted.
Doc JC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:46 pm    Post subject:

All of you that jumped off the bus.... LOL!

Stop expecting rookies to be consistent. The talent is there. Just needs time.
Doc JC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:47 pm    Post subject:

BizLA wrote:
defense wrote:
Of all rookies shooting at least 4 threes per game, only 3 shoot a higher percentage than Kuzma. Kuzma is also third in scoring among rookies and Simmons is number 2 in his second season. There is a lot of good to talk about. His defense is terrible but he does some good things too.

This is Ben Simmons’ first season

Maybe playing, but he was with the sixers all last season - training/learning. That’s a big advantage.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 260, 261, 262 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 261 of 880
Jump to: