OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 291, 292, 293 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:42 am    Post subject:

Endless3D wrote:
ReaListik wrote:
Kuzma is my favorite player on this team. Out of any of these guys I could see him hitting the gym and learning from the greats about how to one day be among them. I see a drive there that I don’t see from Lonzo or Brandon. I think he’s untouchable right now.

You do realize that both Luke and Magic Johnson have quotes where they straight up say that Ingram is the hardest worker on the entire team right? I think they know more then us.

Yeah not sure where the BI and Lonzo work ethic questions are coming from. Both guys are gym rats and very coachable. Lonzo IS a coach on the floor. Myabe it was because of the injuries they had and the FO deciding to shut them down once the playoffs were out of reach.

Kuzma also has a good work ethic, so all of our young guys do! I don't understand the need to bash some of our players and to put others on pedestals.

We have a great young core of hard working talented players. This why I am excited about the team and why I don't want to break up the core to bring in an old FA. These guys are special and can grow into an amazing dynasty if we keep them together.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:46 am    Post subject:

DangeRuss wrote:
I could see kuzma not improving a ton.
His offensive game is pretty polished, he knows what he can do and does it well. He doesn’t have any raw untapped aspects to his game nor elite physical traits/athleticism.
Wouldn’t be surprised to witness incremental improvements to things such as ball handling, shot selection, & strength but not sure how high his ceiling is.
Great 6th man is what I hope for him to be for us for many years.
Definitely don’t see star like many here saying taller klay or kobe, etc.

There have been quite a few guys over the past couple of years who I had high hopes for and who didn’t really progress. I was really excited about Larry Nance, I was hoping he could develop a 3 point shot, improve his FT shooting...ect. Unfortunately a lot of players who are older who come out of college, like Larry, appear to be finished products. Hopefully Kuzma improves his defense and ball handling, because he does have “IT”....but Larry has some of it too and you see what became of him.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:56 am    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
There have been quite a few guys over the past couple of years who I had high hopes for and who didn’t really progress. I was really excited about Larry Nance, I was hoping he could develop a 3 point shot, improve his FT shooting...ect. Unfortunately a lot of players who are older who come out of college, like Larry, appear to be finished products. Hopefully Kuzma improves his defense and ball handling, because he does have “IT”....but Larry has some of it too and you see what became of him.

Do you think Larry could have led the summer league team to a championship without Lonzo and BI while also winning MVP? Kuz is going to be first team all rookie team this year. Larry is not in the same league as Kuz.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:34 am    Post subject:

i don't know... i wouldn't trade much for kawhi, when you can try and sign him as a free agent next year. a paul george scenario.

yes, there's a risk they choose to play elsewhere, but you want guys that WANT to be here. if PG or KL want to be here, they'll sign here. if they don't, then they are merely rentals.

besides, Lonzo, Randle, Kawhi, PG13, BI, Kuz, Hart (try and keep Lopez too)... that's a team that has the potential to take the the Dubs down the road.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:14 am    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:
i don't know... i wouldn't trade much for kawhi, when you can try and sign him as a free agent next year. a paul george scenario.

yes, there's a risk they choose to play elsewhere, but you want guys that WANT to be here. if PG or KL want to be here, they'll sign here. if they don't, then they are merely rentals.

besides, Lonzo, Randle, Kawhi, PG13, BI, Kuz, Hart (try and keep Lopez too)... that's a team that has the potential to take the the Dubs down the road.

Yup, agreed. I would like to add FA's and not have to deal any of our core. We can do that, it is an option because of all the cap space we have.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:25 am    Post subject:

Endless3D wrote:
ReaListik wrote:
Kuzma is my favorite player on this team. Out of any of these guys I could see him hitting the gym and learning from the greats about how to one day be among them. I see a drive there that I don’t see from Lonzo or Brandon. I think he’s untouchable right now.

You do realize that both Luke and Magic Johnson have quotes where they straight up say that Ingram is the hardest worker on the entire team right? I think they know more then us.

I also realize that they would say it was a bright and sunny day during a rainstorm if it benefited them. Their statements are set to ignore.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:21 am    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Endless3D wrote:
ReaListik wrote:

Yeah not sure where the BI and Lonzo work ethic questions are coming from. Both guys are gym rats and very coachable. Lonzo IS a coach on the floor. Myabe it was because of the injuries they had and the FO deciding to shut them down once the playoffs were out of reach.

Kuzma also has a good work ethic, so all of our young guys do! I don't understand the need to bash some of our players and to put others on pedestals.

We have a great young core of hard working talented players. This why I am excited about the team and why I don't want to break up the core to bring in an old FA. These guys are special and can grow into an amazing dynasty if we keep them together.

I'm excited for the team too, and I realize that there are guys that are quiet, and then guys who chirp, but equally intense. Kobe -- Fisher, Kuz -- BI, is sort of the same thing, both work really hard, but one is much more vocal.

The only guy I bag on is Deng, if you are earning $18 of my teams payroll, and not doing much more than suck down corn chips, yeah I got a problem with that. Young guys, minimum wage and veteran minimum guys, I have no problem with them working hard and trying to get better over time.

I only sweat over the rich lazy players.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:26 am    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
I could see kuzma not improving a ton.
His offensive game is pretty polished, he knows what he can do and does it well. He doesn’t have any raw untapped aspects to his game nor elite physical traits/athleticism.
Wouldn’t be surprised to witness incremental improvements to things such as ball handling, shot selection, & strength but not sure how high his ceiling is.
Great 6th man is what I hope for him to be for us for many years.
Definitely don’t see star like many here saying taller klay or kobe, etc.

To me, the difference is that Kuzma showed he has scoring potential. All rookies are inconsistent and he was no exception. Improved strength will make a difference, as well as refining the things he does well. Example: One game, he posted up on the left side, turned towards the right shoulder, and nailed a jump shoot. Next, he posted up on the right side, then turned towards the left shoulder, and nailed another. Then, on the left side again, he faked to the right shoulder, the defender played him tighter, and he went back left, taking a jumper and hesitating, then defender bit, and Kuz went around him for a layup. The sequence was not what I'd call brilliant, but it was highly intelligent. He's got skills and quickness to work with that Nance could only dream about. Adding a more consistent shot in a more efficient offense will allow his game to be even better. As he learns more about the league, he'll be even more consistent, and that will be a problem.
SoCaLjAy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:

I think this is the best logic for why you would not go sign KL. I actually voted "yes" but after thinking more about it, I'd be on the fence. I am excited about our young players and would hate to break it up for a 1 year rental.

I do agree that if KL wants to be a Laker, he will play out his contract with San Antonio, show he's healthy, then come here when the dust settles. In that case it doesn't hurt our over all team and keeps us building with the young core we have. If I could choose, this would be best case scenario.

Last edited by SoCaLjAy on Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:46 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:

Do you think Larry could have led the summer league team to a championship without Lonzo and BI while also winning MVP? Kuz is going to be first team all rookie team this year. Larry is not in the same league as Kuz.
Kuz is in a different conversation than Larry. It's funny when I recall some of the early season conversations where people in this thread were admiring Kuz, but saying he shouldn't be mentioned in the same conversation with Tatum. He scored 30 (31?) and looked good against Tatum in summer league so I guess we were watching different players in different games. After a season of ups and downs, there's no doubt in my mind, Tatum's game isn't better than Kuzma's at this point.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:59 am    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
32 wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:

Kuz is in a different conversation than Larry. It's funny when I recall some of the early season conversations where people in this thread were admiring Kuz, but saying he shouldn't be mentioned in the same conversation with Tatum. He scored 30 (31?) and looked good against Tatum in summer league so I guess we were watching different players in different games. After a season of ups and downs, there's no doubt in my mind, Tatum's game isn't better than Kuzma's art this point.

I don’t think that Larry could lead any team anywhere, because he’s a poor scorer who can’t shoot really. He did bring something to the table that Kuzma lacks though...defense. Wasn’t saying that Larry is or was better than Kuzma as a prospect or as a rookie, just saying as a place to start from Larry had a lot of room to grow and never did. Hopefully Kuzma actually progresses.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
32 wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:

Kuz is in a different conversation than Larry. It's funny when I recall some of the early season conversations where people in this thread were admiring Kuz, but saying he shouldn't be mentioned in the same conversation with Tatum. He scored 30 (31?) and looked good against Tatum in summer league so I guess we were watching different players in different games. After a season of ups and downs, there's no doubt in my mind, Tatum's game isn't better than Kuzma's art this point.

I agree Kuz is better than Tatum right now. Kuz will never get the respect he deserves because of the perception people have of him being drafted with the 27th pick. I think he has a chip on his shoulder because of that.
Endless3D
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma is slowly starting to become my favorite player with every social media post he makes lol. Dude posted on IG asking where Ingram was and then made a post with Lonzo talking about how he’s excited for the upcoming season.

He’s a hard worker but more importantly this dude is single handedly improving team chemistry off the court, is confident enough to say whatever the (bleep) he wants and has a total Mamba Mentality on the court.

This might sound like a controversial hot take (which it is) but I want him to have the starting powerforward spot next season. Dude has way too much in him to come off the bench even with depth being important. He’s the perfect stretch four for today’s offense.

With his work ethic, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him come back as an above average defender too.

Randle was our best player last season and he also has the Mamba mentality factor but I just think Kuzma has a higher ceiling + he’s a better fit under Luke’s offense. I also think he’s the perfect fit next to Ingram’s all around type of game.
JM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Endless3D wrote:
Kuzma is slowly starting to become my favorite player with every social media post he makes lol. Dude posted on IG asking where Ingram was and then made a post with Lonzo talking about how he’s excited for the upcoming season.

He’s a hard worker but more importantly this dude is single handedly improving team chemistry off the court, is confident enough to say whatever the (bleep) he wants and has a total Mamba Mentality on the court.

This might sound like a controversial hot take (which it is) but I want him to have the starting powerforward spot next season. Dude has way too much in him to come off the bench even with depth being important. He’s the perfect stretch four for today’s offense.

Yes.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:55 am    Post subject:

Starting 3, starting 4, first forward off the bench, doesn't matter, as long as he is getting 30+ minutes a night. Assuming we get no one big this offseason, and just keep Randle and Lopez:

Ball
Ingram
Kuzma
Randle
Lopez

Or if we get PG13 and sign Randle as our primary center or small ball center most of the time:

Ball
Ingram
PG13
Kuzma
Randle

Or if we get Lebron, and sign Lopez

Ball
Ingram
Kuzma
Lebron
Lopez
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:52 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Interesting fact that I stumbled on today while doing some research:

Kyle Kuzma had the highest PPG (16.1) in his rookie season of anyone who was drafted at his spot (27th) or later in NBA history.

https://twitter.com/lakerfilmroom/status/991015051791220736?s=21

Great stat.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:58 am    Post subject:

^ That's pretty impressive. He had a very good rookie season.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:15 am    Post subject:

The tantalizing thing about Kuzma is that he had such a steep upward trajectory from the time he left college through the end of the season, who knows where he starts to plateau.....

I mean can we say for sure he won't come back next season as Ben Simmons light with a 40% 3-pt shot? That's hyperbole for effect but his growth curve was nuts and he seems to be H.U.N.G.R.Y.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 9:44 am    Post subject:

For Your Info:

Kuzma will be on Area 21 tonight on TNT.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 9:50 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
For Your Info:

wow...I hate that show .
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:59 am    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
epak wrote:
For Your Info:

wow...I hate that show .

Is it KG or his stupid hoodie that ruins it for you? I wonder if he films that from Santa Monica the days he doesn't want to fly to ATL. lol.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 12:50 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
epak wrote:
For Your Info:

wow...I hate that show .

Is it KG or his stupid hoodie that ruins it for you? I wonder if he films that from Santa Monica the days he doesn't want to fly to ATL. lol.

Long hoodie to hide his junk plus yoga pants. How was he ever considered an NBA tough guy...
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 1:17 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
epak wrote:
For Your Info:

wow...I hate that show .

Long hoodie to hide his junk plus yoga pants. How was he ever considered an NBA tough guy...

Cuz he was intense. And one of the best PFs ever.
I hate him as a Celtic.
But I'm amazed at his half hood sticking to the side of his head.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 1:34 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
epak wrote:
For Your Info:

wow...I hate that show .
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 2:55 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Interesting fact that I stumbled on today while doing some research:

Kyle Kuzma had the highest PPG (16.1) in his rookie season of anyone who was drafted at his spot (27th) or later in NBA history.

https://twitter.com/lakerfilmroom/status/991015051791220736?s=21

Great stat.

That is an absolutely phenomenal feat. The first in NBA history is noteworthy when you think about all the players who've ever played the game. The 27th pick? Noiceeee.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 291, 292, 293 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 292 of 880
Jump to: