OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 323, 324, 325 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:53 am    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
3baller wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
Brandon Ingram at 22 will likely have a better offensive skill set then Kuzma ever will in his career.

Kuzma had 16.1 points on 13.5 shots

Ingram had 16.1 points on 12.9 shots

Brandon Ingram with a jump shot is a much better offensive player then Kuzma can become.

Misleading. They have similar PPG despite Kuz having a slight edge in FGA because BI had 4.8 FTA per game to Kuz's 2.7 FTA.

Kuz was 36.6% from 3pts, 51% from 2pts wth 52% eFG
BI was 39% from 3pts, 48.3% from 2pts with 49.7% eFG

But BI only had 105 attempts at 3pts to Kuz's 434. With volume, you can expect his 39% to dip a little bit. BI was also the number one option and was prominently featured on the starting lineup last season, while Kuz had to come off the bench and play with the Julius-JC 2 man show for majority of the season.

If Kuz had started the whole season on any other lottery team last year, he would easily have been a 20+ppg scorer as a rookie.

There's really no need to put down Kuz if you want to fanboy over BI. We're lucky to have both on the team. Kuz has shown potential to be an elite offensive player. If he can be a remotely decent defender in the future, he will be an all-star. BI has potential to be a good if not great 2-way player and will also be an all-star if he lives up to his potential.

It's not about putting Kyle Kuzma down, it's about knowing that Brandon Ingram is a different tier of a prospect. I don't know why that's so hard to grasp for some people, Brandon Ingram was also handling playmaking duties while Kyle Kuzma looked for his shot 1st, 2nd and third.

Kyle Kuzma being the second main ball handler and playmaker would have seen dips in all his stats even if he got the minutes and role Brandon Ingram did despite having two years of age on him.

What I have a firm grasp on are cold hard facts. Kuz was simply the better offensive player last year despite not being the number 1 option on the starting lineup. BI was the better overall player but you have to accept the fact that Kuz was at least the better offensive player. But I do have to apologize that I can't see 2 years into the future like you can and say for certain that one player would be better than the other.

It is also a fact that there has been a number of players drafted late and guys who started their careers a little older who later blossomed into all-stars. So saying that Kuz can never reach a high level or any level that BI can reach because of his age and draft position is simply false. They may not have the same skillset but both have all-star potential.

All I know is that while BI is still trying to fulfill expectations, Kuz has already exceeded his and will continue to do so as it is apparent that a lot of people here and in the media that are still sleeping on him.

Come on, with young players, this is more than half the skills needed by any FO in the league and a whole ton of "fanboys, as you call them" have this ability. In fact I would say guys like our own Goldenthroat definitely have that ability. It's not perfect but they can see potential and understand the likelihood of the player reaching that potential.

One can definitely see that potential in BI, I love Kuz and believe he will be a solid to great player for us but I believe that BI has the higher ceiling and I like his attitude. When all the idiot boys on this team, previously, were playing around and being clowns, I never saw BI embrace that or get involved much. The dude is a serious player, he is working hard to get ahead. Personally, I think he is going to be one of the best forwards in the league, but it will take Durant and Lebron receding or retiring for everyone to finally realize it. I am guessing in his prime, 5-7 years from now, he will be a 25+ppg guy with high assists and rebounding numbers. I also believe he will cause havoc on defense with his smarts and length. Kuz is going to be his Robin. Not a fault to Kuz as he may be an all star too but BI will eventually be our guy. We will see, but that is what I think is going to happen.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:26 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Wheels up to Detroit gonna be a great week of camp and workouts with @kylekuzma looking forward to working with the youth of Flint 🤙🏽 #NeverForgetWhereYoureFrom

https://twitter.com/Brotherhood05/status/1029085687797039104
oldlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject:

I am really excited about Kuz. I can't wait to see how he has improved his game. I know he has been in the gym and working hard.

We got a glimpse on Hart's improvement during the Summer league and Ingram and Kuz have been working just as hard as Hart. You know they have taken their games to a new and higher level.

I guess it is natural to compare Kuz and Ingram and argue who is going to be better and it is great to have an opinion on this subject. I think we need to really be excited that both of these guys look like they are going to be a a minimum really good starters on a playoff team and maybe much more. Either could be an all star quality player. It may be to much to expect that for next season but seeing their games take off during the 2nd half of next year is a real possibility.

BI may have a little more God given talent but God gave Kuz a lot of skills and a will be be great. Here is hoping that people are all talking about how good our young forwards are and what a power the Lakers have become.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:44 pm    Post subject:

watchME wrote:
Kuzma will be like Klay for GSW. when he is off the court his off ball shooting and general activity will be missed greatly. To me you substract Klay from gsw and they become very beatable.

Kuz only shot 36% from 3pt land. At this point he is some elite sharpshooter but Im hoping he keeps improving.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:26 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Car54 wrote:
epak wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Out of all of our young guys, I see Kuz’ game as most compatible with Bron, and think he needs to play the most minutes with him 🤞🏽
He could be a sharpshooter in any situation, transition, halfcourt..he can attack a closeout..attack in transition.. these things are invaluable for a bigman next to Lebron. Kuz could have Kevin Love type production next to Bron.....

If we're playing Cavs ball I'd agree.
Hopefully we won't be playing Cavs ball.

In any system Kuzma is the best fit on this team for Lebron

I'm glad you see it that way.
I don't see it that way yet. I want to see how the season plays out, in terms of what we run and how much the kids improve.

I think we’ll run the same system but LA Bron will play in between Draymond and KD roles. I think Lebron and Rondo are gonna be so in love with Kuzma. Kuzma is like a quicker version of Mirotic.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:34 pm    Post subject:

I think Kuz is going to kill it next year. His combination of quick-trigger shooting/off-ball cutting is perfect for a guy like LeBron, who does a lot of passing from the various post positions. Adding Rondo/LeBron to Ball, all three of those are excellent advance/outlet passers for guys running down court. Kuz excells at that. Offensively, he's going to kill it. Honestly, sky is the limit for him on that end of the court. Hopefully, he's continuing to study the defensive side of the game and improve there. And we'll see where he's at with the strength issues. If I'm guessing who will score more between him and BI this season, I think it's Kuz simply because he was less ball dominant and that will slide in perfectly with our playmakers.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:45 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
epak wrote:
Car54 wrote:
epak wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Out of all of our young guys, I see Kuz’ game as most compatible with Bron, and think he needs to play the most minutes with him 🤞🏽
He could be a sharpshooter in any situation, transition, halfcourt..he can attack a closeout..attack in transition.. these things are invaluable for a bigman next to Lebron. Kuz could have Kevin Love type production next to Bron.....

If we're playing Cavs ball I'd agree.
Hopefully we won't be playing Cavs ball.

In any system Kuzma is the best fit on this team for Lebron

I'm glad you see it that way.
I don't see it that way yet. I want to see how the season plays out, in terms of what we run and how much the kids improve.

I think we’ll run the same system but LA Bron will play in between Draymond and KD roles. I think Lebron and Rondo are gonna be so in love with Kuzma. Kuzma is like a quicker version of Mirotic.

I like that comp.
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:18 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
watchME wrote:
Kuzma will be like Klay for GSW. when he is off the court his off ball shooting and general activity will be missed greatly. To me you substract Klay from gsw and they become very beatable.

Kuz only shot 36% from 3pt land. At this point he is some elite sharpshooter but Im hoping he keeps improving.
Doesn’t matter. Teams know they can not give him an inche or he will let it fly so he makes the offense better by stretching the defense. He was benched because of bad shot selection which was impacting his %, this season he will be spotting up for lebron and rondo, and about 4 other playmakers, huge difference. I’m sure he will shoot %40+
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:23 pm    Post subject:

watchME wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
watchME wrote:

Doesn’t matter. Teams know they can not give him an inche or he will let it fly so he makes the offense better by stretching the defense. He was benched because of bad shot selection which was impacting his %, this season he will be spotting up for lebron and rondo, and about 4 other playmakers, huge difference. I’m sure he will shoot %40+

--Anonymous
818fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:28 pm    Post subject:

Being one of our teams primary shooters, he needs to practice his FT shooting
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:10 pm    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
3baller wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
Brandon Ingram at 22 will likely have a better offensive skill set then Kuzma ever will in his career.

Kuzma had 16.1 points on 13.5 shots

Ingram had 16.1 points on 12.9 shots

Brandon Ingram with a jump shot is a much better offensive player then Kuzma can become.

Misleading. They have similar PPG despite Kuz having a slight edge in FGA because BI had 4.8 FTA per game to Kuz's 2.7 FTA.

Kuz was 36.6% from 3pts, 51% from 2pts wth 52% eFG
BI was 39% from 3pts, 48.3% from 2pts with 49.7% eFG

But BI only had 105 attempts at 3pts to Kuz's 434. With volume, you can expect his 39% to dip a little bit. BI was also the number one option and was prominently featured on the starting lineup last season, while Kuz had to come off the bench and play with the Julius-JC 2 man show for majority of the season.

If Kuz had started the whole season on any other lottery team last year, he would easily have been a 20+ppg scorer as a rookie.

There's really no need to put down Kuz if you want to fanboy over BI. We're lucky to have both on the team. Kuz has shown potential to be an elite offensive player. If he can be a remotely decent defender in the future, he will be an all-star. BI has potential to be a good if not great 2-way player and will also be an all-star if he lives up to his potential.

Aren't you simply fanboying over Kuz?

That said, I agree that both these guys are very good.

BI gets the nod from me because of his length, he keeps improving and I see him eventually being an elite player. Kuz could get there, but he has much more competition. His body is pretty normal, so he doesn't really have an advantage like BI does, still I bet both of these guys will average 20+ ppg later in their careers after Lebron retires, maybe before.

Nope. Was merely providing stats and stating facts. I don't have a crystal ball and pretend to know what's gonna happen 2 years from now. We see Giannis, Kawhi and KD and obsess about wingspan. But I'm pretty sure there are a lot more prospects in the past with freakish measurements who failed than those who made it to all-star all-nba levels. I'm not saying BI won't make it. Hell no. But I'm being cautiously optimistic and at the same time, not writing-off Kuz just because he doesn't have a freakish wingspan.

Also while Kuz is pretty average in measurables, he does have great motor and runs the floor with and without the ball pretty quickly for his size. And who would have thought that he would actually improve his hops in one summer? I personally thought that he'd play closer to the ground his whole career after seeing him finish most of his alley-oops with layups last season and missing all those dunks trying to put guys on posters.

What he lacks in physical gifts, he more than makes up for with a polished and improving skillset through impressive work ethic and drive.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:13 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:
Wheels up to Detroit gonna be a great week of camp and workouts with @kylekuzma looking forward to working with the youth of Flint 🤙🏽 #NeverForgetWhereYoureFrom

https://twitter.com/Brotherhood05/status/1029085687797039104

Nice
StillSWOL
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:00 pm    Post subject:

watchME wrote:

Honestly I believe Klay is the Free Agent we land next summer
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:23 am    Post subject:

StillSWOL wrote:
watchME wrote:

That’s a Loooooooong shot but then again I didn’t expect Lebron to be here without a star in place.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:37 pm    Post subject:

Kuz is representing the team well on espn. Damn proud of this young man saying the right things in the right mindset. Hungry. Ready to prove something. Beyond the results that have yet to be tallied, one thing hasn’t changed from last year... the youth has that fearless attitude and pitbull in em. That attitude, blends well with the vets we took on. This is going to be a mean mf’n year. Play up the bad guy role early. Intimidate them and let the league know who we are, Kuz. Let them know the 17th banner is ours this year ultimate dubs or whatever... lock em all the f down.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:56 am    Post subject:

StillSWOL wrote:
watchME wrote:

I'd be ecstatic if Klay is my top choice for next summer. I also wouldn't be surprised if he's plan A
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:33 am    Post subject:

I worry about his defense and rebounding. His usage will probably go down playing alongside Lebron. But hopefully he uses that energy on other places besides offense.
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:41 am    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
StillSWOL wrote:
watchME wrote:

I'd be ecstatic if Klay is my top choice for next summer. I also wouldn't be surprised if he's plan A

Assuming he's 100% healthy, you'd choose him over KL ?
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:57 am    Post subject:

Full article --------->Kyle Kuzma: New LeBron-led Lakers being underestimated by people

Quote:
FLINT, Mich. -- Kyle Kuzma is excited about the Los Angeles Lakers' new additions and believes many are "underestimating" what the Lakers are capable of this season.

Kuzma said he has worked out with LeBron James and the two are looking forward to seeing what the Lakers can do with free-agent signings such as Rajon Rondo, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee and Michael Beasley to go with a young, growing core.

"We are both definitely excited about the roster and the pieces that we have," Kuzma told ESPN on Tuesday, after visiting with 20 kids from the Safe Places program at his hometown Flint YMCA as part of the "My Y Story" content series. "And we think that a lot of people are underestimating us. It is definitely going to be fun playing with all these new guys."

"A lot of people say we got a lot of different people, a lot of new people," added Kuzma, who also is holding a three-day camp for children in his hometown. "But change can be a good thing. It is not necessarily always a bad thing. There's a lot of teams in the NBA that need to work on their chemistry; we are just one of them."

AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:52 pm    Post subject:

If you told me before the 2017 draft that a no-name 27th pick “reach” would be replacing both Nance & Randle I would have never believe it. I know Lebron will be playing the 4, but I’m sure when Bron slides to the 5, Kuz will be there next to him. How Kuz can come out of nowhere to replace two genetic freaks (one a son of a Hall of Famer, the other a high draft pick) at the 4 is beyond me.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:18 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
LA Lakers’ Kyle Kuzma held a kids camp in his hometown of Flint, and not only did he show off some dunks, but he provided 300 stuffed backpacks for the kids who attended. Awesome move by the Flint native who says he always wanted to be someone who remembers where he came from.

https://www.facebook.com/JeannaTrotmanTV/videos/230143504371049/
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:32 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
If you told me before the 2017 draft that a no-name 27th pick “reach” would be replacing both Nance & Randle I would have never believe it. I know Lebron will be playing the 4, but I’m sure when Bron slides to the 5, Kuz will be there next to him. How Kuz can come out of nowhere to replace two genetic freaks (one a son of a Hall of Famer, the other a high draft pick) at the 4 is beyond me.

You said it, Randle is replaced by LeBron. But point taken.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:02 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:

manlisten wrote:

You said it, Randle is replaced by LeBron. But point taken.

--Anonymous
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:16 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Full article --------->Kyle Kuzma: New LeBron-led Lakers being underestimated by people

Quote:
FLINT, Mich. -- Kyle Kuzma is excited about the Los Angeles Lakers' new additions and believes many are "underestimating" what the Lakers are capable of this season.

Kuzma said he has worked out with LeBron James and the two are looking forward to seeing what the Lakers can do with free-agent signings such as Rajon Rondo, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee and Michael Beasley to go with a young, growing core.

"We are both definitely excited about the roster and the pieces that we have," Kuzma told ESPN on Tuesday, after visiting with 20 kids from the Safe Places program at his hometown Flint YMCA as part of the "My Y Story" content series. "And we think that a lot of people are underestimating us. It is definitely going to be fun playing with all these new guys."

"A lot of people say we got a lot of different people, a lot of new people," added Kuzma, who also is holding a three-day camp for children in his hometown. "But change can be a good thing. It is not necessarily always a bad thing. There's a lot of teams in the NBA that need to work on their chemistry; we are just one of them."

Re: Title- and that's just speaking of Lakers fans.
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:16 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
I worry about his defense and rebounding. His usage will probably go down playing alongside Lebron. But hopefully he uses that energy on other places besides offense.

Kuz played a good chunk of the season alongside the Jules and JC show whose usage rate were at 25.3 and 27.7 respectively last year, Kuz was at 22.5. Those two weren't too keen on passing him the ball either, at least Bron is a willing passer. He'll be fine.

What's unfortunate is that Kuz might end up playing with Michael Beasley more than he'll be playing with Lebron. But I still expect Kuz to have about the same usage rate or even a bit higher depending on how much he improves his game this summer.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 323, 324, 325 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 324 of 880
Jump to: