JOSH "Fortnite" HART (Backup PF)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 161, 162, 163  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:01 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Hart is legit.

Don't want to get into the DLo-Kuz thing, but I much prefer to think that the trade allowed us to take Hart/Bryant (and take Kuz at 27 instead of 28). I think Hart may be a long time Laker and a piece of our championship team. Not a bad consolation prize.

Spot on. Lets not forget that nobody is talking about Bryant. I am still waiting for Luke to get him some minutes. There is clearly a role for him with his outside shooting, shot blocking, and tenacity. GREAT moves allowed us to bring in 4 players. I can not remember that ever happening.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:23 am    Post subject:

Hart has proven to be a very consistent player. He does not shy away from the moment either. I like his attitude, hustle and tenacity. The Hit-Man is definitely a keeper.
ShowtimeReturns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:58 am    Post subject:

Love Hart. Really like the way he plays, very smart player .Tough dude Plays bigger than his size. Great defender Can shoot the three and has a very good drive to the rim.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:00 am    Post subject:

Scroll back just a few weeks and witness the marvel that is lg proclaiming Hart is a d league scrub.

Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:34 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Nailing two late first rounders in the same draft is much more impressive than nailing two late first rounders in different drafts. It's crazy they had TWO guys on their Big Board who were both legit NBA rotation players as rookies, when most teams don't have one.

Note to the league: NCAA wings who can rebound, create (and/or avoid TOs), and show potential to shoot will probably be useful NBA players.

Hart's usefulness was easy to see. Kuzma was a surprise, though.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:38 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
tox wrote:
Nailing two late first rounders in the same draft is much more impressive than nailing two late first rounders in different drafts. It's crazy they had TWO guys on their Big Board who were both legit NBA rotation players as rookies, when most teams don't have one.

Note to the league: NCAA wings who can rebound, create (and/or avoid TOs), and show potential to shoot will probably be useful NBA players.

Great draft.
Especially when the 2nd most impactful player (future wise) is currently playing in the G.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:50 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
tox wrote:

Great draft.
Especially when the 2nd most impactful player (future wise) is currently playing in the G.

You mean skinny Mo Speights?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:53 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
tox wrote:

Great draft.

You mean skinny Mo Speights?

Ronny Cook.
I mean, Brian Turiaf.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:33 am    Post subject:

The defensive potential and smarts are obvious. Just needs to keep stroking them 3's like last night and we're good.
FanOfFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:44 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
The defensive potential and smarts are obvious. Just needs to keep stroking them 3's like last night and we're good.

What I like also is that he doesn't try and force things and play outside of his role. I think as time goes on, they're going to want to call plays for him as he's showing to be a pretty good shooter and finisher around the hoop.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:37 am    Post subject:

I love how he genuinely believes he can defend anyone. Luke has put him on Westbrook, Harden, Melo, asked him to defend bigs on switches, asked him to board. He never looks overwhelmed by the task. He's had some difficulties fouling guys which I think we can chalk up to rookie mistakes. He's also susceptible to guys going over him on the box because he doesn't have great length even for a wing. The length issue also hurts on closeouts. But as he gets a little more experience he's going to find ways to improve or mitigate those issues.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:00 pm    Post subject:

Hart was solid as usual
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:57 pm    Post subject:

I really like Hart. I’ve watched a lot of basketball, laker basketball specifically, over the past 30 years and there are certain types of players that are present on championship/playoff teams

1) Mentally Strong
2) Play good D
3) Physical

Hart is one of them. He isn’t an all world talent...neither is Nance, but those are the kind of guys you need on a team to support the superstars. Guys who are smart who play team ball and can get buckets when the opportunity arises.

Big fan of Hart.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:27 pm    Post subject:

Thought he closed the game well defensively tonight. He gave up a layup with like 4:15 or something left and was pissed. Then he did a great job locking him up the next 4 minutes of the game. Some good help by his team, but great job by Josh navigating screens and staying glued to him. I think he disrupted one or two set plays for Oladipo and helped hold him to 0-3 with a turnover or something during that crunch-time stretch.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:47 pm    Post subject:

Hart is a money player. Tough nose kid with a winning mentality.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:50 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Thought he closed the game well defensively tonight. He gave up a layup with like 4:15 or something left and was pissed. Then he did a great job locking him up the next 4 minutes of the game. Some good help by his team, but great job by Josh navigating screens and staying glued to him. I think he disrupted one or two set plays for Oladipo and helped hold him to 0-3 with a turnover or something during that crunch-time stretch.

has not been an easy task this season....Dipo has been good in crunch time if I recall
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:04 am    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
I really like Hart. I’ve watched a lot of basketball, laker basketball specifically, over the past 30 years and there are certain types of players that are present on championship/playoff teams

1) Mentally Strong
2) Play good D
3) Physical

Hart is one of them. He isn’t an all world talent...neither is Nance, but those are the kind of guys you need on a team to support the superstars. Guys who are smart who play team ball and can get buckets when the opportunity arises.

Big fan of Hart.

I agree. I like these guys a lot too.
Lakers4Life33
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:15 am    Post subject:

Hart has become my second favorite Laker to watch next to Lonzo
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:34 am    Post subject:

We all love this kid, so naturally the FO is going to turn around and trade him for their grand cap space plan, right? Smh, I hate watching these guys knowing that a handful of them aren't even going to be on the team next year because of our impetuous management team.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:37 am    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
We all love this kid, so naturally the FO is going to turn around and trade him for their grand cap space plan, right? Smh, I hate watching these guys knowing that a handful of them aren't even going to be on the team next year because of our impetuous management team.

Highly unlikely that we trade him just to dump his salary. He only makes twice as much as a minimum salary cap hold. He's not a problem.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:45 am    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:

Highly unlikely that we trade him just to dump his salary. He only makes twice as much as a minimum salary cap hold. He's not a problem.

Btw, who is this mystery player we all loved that got traded?
Eddie Jones? He's the only one I loved that got traded.
Well, him and Nick the quick.
And LO.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:02 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:

And LO.

Wasn't actually referring to anything that went down in the past, but more of a bad feeling based on everything we know about the FO's plan and what it may take to execute it (or at least attempt to execute it). There's going to have be some sweetener included if we find a taker for Deng, that's for sure. The "Big 3" is untouchable, but you would assume everyone else is fair game. And yes, I'm a pessimist by nature.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:03 am    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:

We wouldn't be dumping his salary, we'd be including him in another deal to dump salary (Deng) as sweetener.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:05 am    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
epak wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:

And LO.

Wasn't actually referring to anything that went down in the past, but more of a bad feeling based on everything we know about the FO's plan and what it may take to execute it (or at least attempt to execute it). There's going to have be some sweetener included if we find a taker for Deng, that's for sure. The "Big 3" is untouchable, but you would assume everyone else is fair game. And yes, I'm a pessimist by nature.

I hear you.
I dont think the Lakers are gonna trade Deng.
If they get a chance at the 2 max, they most likely stretch him no?

Side: I like players like Hart. And I wish they stay on the team.
But at the same time, although tough to say, guys like Hart should be expendable in trade if it makes the team better.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:15 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
epak wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:

And LO.

I hear you.
I dont think the Lakers are gonna trade Deng.
If they get a chance at the 2 max, they most likely stretch him no?

Sounds like that's where they're leaning right now, so probably? That also means both Randle and JC are gone, though. It WOULD be nice to find some poor sap to take on Deng's contract for that last reason, since I'd prefer to keep Jules. The Nets basically did the same with Carroll, who also had 2 years left on his deal at the time of the trade, at an excellent price of only one 1st rounder/one 2nd rounder. But I don't think we'll be as fortunate with the current market being the way it is.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 161, 162, 163  Next
Page 55 of 163
Jump to: