JOSH "Fortnite" HART (Backup PF)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 109, 110, 111 ... 161, 162, 163  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:43 am    Post subject:

His 3 ball is cash. Not only catch and shoot, he can do it off the dribble also. Love his game, always have since his junior season at Nova. That defensive intensity is going to be a tone setter
scooterp10
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:46 am    Post subject:

JeezyXVII wrote:
Hart is freakin amazin !!

He keeps a poker face through out the game, plays with alot of passion and has improved alot from the end of the season.

he's for sure another keeper, along side BI, Kuzma and Svi

These comments crack me up. I agree that Hart and all of the young core, including Julius should have been kept at all costs. If Lonzo was playing in the summer league he’d be dominant, averaging a triple double and playing stellar defense. Everyone would be calling him a future MVP just like last summer league. I think all these kids should be retained for as long as the team can hold them. Our championship window could be for the next 10 years if they continue to grow and progress.

If the core remains intact, then they could play 8 more seasons together and Lonzo and BRANDON will be 29, Zu, Mo and Svi would be 30, Kuzma and Hart will be 31. That’s a lot of experience together if we can pay out the ass in luxury tax. 😂
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:47 am    Post subject:

His upper body strength is unreal. That's how he finishes so well at the rim.

Now, will he be able to use the same off the dribble attacks as well against actual NBA players? Probably not. But it's a nice countermove he's added to his game that he will continue building upon.

Last year was mostly a spot up catch/shoot guy. Not only does he look better from 3 but now he has counters.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:53 am    Post subject:

I was calling Hart the next Fisher last year.... I have to admit he can be a lot better than Fish. I see him as the starter next to Rondo on opening night.

Rondo
Hart
Ingram
Lebron
McGee
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:56 am    Post subject:

KobeDunk wrote:
I was calling Hart the next Fisher last year.... I have to admit he can be a lot better than Fish. I see him as the starter next to Rondo on opening night.

Rondo
Hart
Ingram
Lebron
McGee

Due to politics KCP likely starts. But by end of year, I can see Hart taking the starting spot or getting split minutes with KCP.

As we saw with KCP, better to keep his minutes at a reasonable amount rather than letting him play 32+mpg.
MIMLaker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:16 am    Post subject:

(1) This is why I didn't see the need to re-sign KCP. Hoping this is the last year of the favors to LBJ/ KCP's agent, 'cause we're paying big bucks for KCP while Hart does the same for a fraction of the price.

(2) This is why I was hoping we could've gotten Brunson or DDV in the 1st round, just for the same type of toughness, work ethic, basketball smarts, and desire to learn and improve. At the same time...

(3) This is why I'm staying optimistic re: Wagner, because this is the same FO that picked Hart.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:26 am    Post subject:

MIMLaker wrote:
(1) This is why I didn't see the need to re-sign KCP. Hoping this is the last year of the favors to LBJ/ KCP's agent, 'cause we're paying big bucks for KCP while Hart does the same for a fraction of the price.

(2) This is why I was hoping we could've gotten Brunson or DDV in the 1st round, just for the same type of toughness, work ethic, basketball smarts, and desire to learn and improve. At the same time...

(3) This is why I'm staying optimistic re: Wagner, because this is the same FO that picked Hart.

KCP was the price for LBJ. I think the FO doesn't regret that.

Worst case scenario is that we have 2 competent SGs. I doubt KCP is back next year if Hart shows he's the long-term SG.
MickMgl
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:41 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
KobeDunk wrote:

Rondo
Hart
Ingram
Lebron
McGee

Due to politics KCP likely starts. But by end of year, I can see Hart taking the starting spot or getting split minutes with KCP.

As we saw with KCP, better to keep his minutes at a reasonable amount rather than letting him play 32+mpg.

Yeah, I predict KCP starts and they either split minutes or Hart actually plays more minutes off the bench.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:47 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
MIMLaker wrote:

Worst case scenario is that we have 2 competent SGs. I doubt KCP is back next year if Hart shows he's the long-term SG.

Hopefully money saved to actually address the gaping hole at center (after Kawhi signs and Deng is stretched or traded).
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:55 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
MIMLaker wrote:

Hopefully money saved to actually address the gaping hole at center (after Kawhi signs and Deng is stretched or traded).

Absolutely. Any targets? Slim pickings in 2019 at the 8-12m range. Vucevic? Dedmon?
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:57 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
MIMLaker wrote:

Absolutely. Any targets? Slim pickings in 2019 at the 8-12m range. Vucevic? Dedmon?

What is the most we can offer cousins if KL is signed and Deng is traded? If cousins shows good health coming back.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:58 am    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
MIMLaker wrote:

What is the most we can offer cousins if KL is signed and Deng is traded? If cousins shows good health coming back.

Something like 12m.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:03 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
MIMLaker wrote:

Brook? Robin? And remember that DeAndre Jordan and DeMarcus Cousins will also be UFAs next summer.

Beyond that, there are some interesting big man RFAs on capped out playoff teams who could thrive with larger roles: Jordan Bell, Cheick Diallo, and Daniel Theis come to mind.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:08 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
MIMLaker wrote:

Brook? Robin? And remember that DeAndre Jordan and DeMarcus Cousins will also be UFAs next summer.

Beyond that, there are some interesting big man RFAs on capped out playoff teams who could thrive with larger roles: Jordan Bell, Cheick Diallo, and Daniel Theis come to mind.

They passed on Brook at probably 2-3m/year. So I assume that's a no.

I think DJ/Boogie will be too expensive.

So we're at guys like Vucevic/Dedmon/Tyson, etc.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:11 am    Post subject:

How does anyone hate the KCP signing? I can understand the cost being a bother, but unless you want Hart playing 48 minutes, I think it’s odd to hate a guy who gives you exactly what Hart gives you. Signing kCP means we basically always have a strong 3/D guy at the SG position at all times. Hart’s really really good but he’s also a second year player - expect some struggles and expect him to adjust to playing a whole season and preserving his body. KCP let’s him do that - just like Hart let’s KCP go HAM on the court and rest while off it. These guys are so complementary. And occasionally we can throw em both out there and have great speed, stealing ability, finishing, and shooting.

Love them both. Like I said - give me 48 minutes and 25, 13, 4, 2 on 45/40/75 from the second guard position nightly anytime!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:12 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
How does anyone hate the KCP signing? I can understand the cost being a bother, but unless you want Hart playing 48 minutes, I think it’s odd to hate a guy who gives you exactly what Hart gives you. Signing kCP means we basically always have a strong 3/D guy at the SG position at all times. Hart’s really really good but he’s also a second year player - expect some struggles and expect him to adjust to playing a whole season and preserving his body. KCP let’s him do that - just like Hart let’s KCP go HAM on the court and rest while off it. These guys are so complementary. And occasionally we can throw em both out there and have great speed, stealing ability, finishing, and shooting.

Love them both. Like I said - give me 48 minutes and 25, 13, 4, 2 on 45/40/75 from the second guard position nightly anytime!

Yup. And if he was the price to sign LBJ, you do that all day.

I think the Hart/KCP duo will be really strong for us this year.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:13 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
MIMLaker wrote:

I was a fan of bringing in KCP last season and obviously this season as well. Hart will get minutes as a backup or in 3 guard lineups. His ability to guard on the perimeter and in the post is valuable.
ShowtimeReturns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:18 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:

You make a good point I see the same about equal playing time for both but I would rather see Hart close out games much better decision making and ballhandling.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:19 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
MIMLaker wrote:

Well, I also doubt Brook and the Lakers make up, hence the but stranger reunions have happened in this league.

There won't be so much money available - especially from good teams - that Cousins and Jordan will be looking at large, long-term paydays next summer. I'd still bet on them having to choose between a bigger short-term payday or long-term security again next summer.

Another name to watch out for is Derrick Favors.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:24 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
MIMLaker wrote:

Well, I also doubt Brook and the Lakers make up, hence the but stranger reunions have happened in this league.

There won't be so much money available - especially from good teams - that Cousins and Jordan will be looking at large, long-term paydays next summer. I'd still bet on them having to choose between a bigger short-term payday or long-term security again next summer.

Yeah. Let's see how his health holds up. Should be playing center but with Gobert, is playing PF.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:28 am    Post subject:

I feel like Hart is going to be closing out a lot of games for us whether or not he starts. His ability to attack closeouts is going to be valuable at the end of games when defenses tighten up on shooters. For all the talk of how similar Hart and KCP are, that's an area where Hart is clearly superior.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:35 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
MIMLaker wrote:

Yeah. Let's see how his health holds up. Should be playing center but with Gobert, is playing PF.

Agreed.

And I didn't mean to downplay Vucevic. He would be an excellent option and I think likely on par with or better than Cousins going forward, but without the baggage of attitude and faded former glory. He's really grown as a 3pt shooter, passer, and positional defender over the past couple seasons and will only be 28 next year.

Ball/TBD (Rondo @ room exception?)
Kawhi/Hart
Ingram/Svi/Bonga
Lebron/Kuz
Vucevic/Wagner/TBD (McGee @ minimum?)

A pretty sexy lineup, no? Difficult to achieve, but all things are possible with Lebron.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:35 am    Post subject:

And Hart has shown finishing ability through contact at the rim; KCP is not a strong finisher.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:39 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
MIMLaker wrote:

Agreed.

And I didn't mean to downplay Vucevic. He would be an excellent option and I think likely on par with or better than Cousins going forward, but without the baggage of attitude and faded former glory. He's really grown as a 3pt shooter, passer, and positional defender over the past couple seasons and will only be 28 next year.

Kawhi/Hart
Ingram/Svi/Bonga
Lebron/Kuz

A pretty sexy lineup, no? Difficult to achieve, but all things are possible with Lebron.

What's your definition of growing as a 3pt shooter?

Career avg: .308

Last 2 yrs:

2017 - .307
2018 - .314
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
MIMLaker wrote:

Agreed.

Kawhi/Hart
Ingram/Svi/Bonga
Lebron/Kuz

What's your definition of growing as a 3pt shooter?

Career avg: .308

Last 2 yrs:

2017 - .307
2018 - .314

He never shot 3s before 2017 and drastically increased volume from 17-18. Shows improvement.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 109, 110, 111 ... 161, 162, 163  Next
Page 110 of 163
Jump to: