JOSH "Fortnite" HART (Backup PF)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 117, 118, 119 ... 161, 162, 163  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:50 pm    Post subject:

NotHype wrote:
markjay wrote:
NotHype wrote:
I like Hart as much as the next guy but 2-8 from 3 isn’t going to cut it!!

So far in two preseason games, KCP is 1-8 from the three and Hart is 3-10.

Are you worried? This isn’t a good sign to me. These are supposed to be 2 of our best shooters.

2 preseason games. Hart shot well all last year, not worried.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:51 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
NotHype wrote:
markjay wrote:
NotHype wrote:

Are you worried? This isn’t a good sign to me. These are supposed to be 2 of our best shooters.

Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:01 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
NotHype wrote:
markjay wrote:
NotHype wrote:

No one in the NBA is supposed to overreact with there team in the preseason but us!! cause we want to see Greatness from day 1.
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:25 am    Post subject:

Hart looks better than kcp already. Hope he gets the start.
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:33 am    Post subject:

Lakers_Jester wrote:

Even if I agree, my question is : will KCP be better with the second unit ? I'm not sure about that, if he can't play well with our best players, won't it be worse with lesser ones ?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:55 am    Post subject:

durden-tyler wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:

Even if I agree, my question is : will KCP be better with the second unit ? I'm not sure about that, if he can't play well with our best players, won't it be worse with lesser ones ?

Think about this bench unit

Rajon Rondo
Svi
KCP
Kyle Kuzma
Beasley/Zubac/Wagner

You can switch out KCP and Svi for Stephenson and KCP as well and either one works.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:46 am    Post subject:

durden-tyler wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:

The argument for having KCP come off the bench is that he won't hurt you as much if he's having a bad game. KCP is going to shoot 3s and fill the lane whether he starts or comes off the bench. However, Hart's potential is really unlocked playing next to guys with offensive gravity. His ability to spot-up, fill the lane, go coast-to-coast and attack close outs is really enhanced playing next to the Bron, BI and Zo/Rondo.
ShowtimeReturns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:34 am    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
durden-tyler wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:

The argument for having KCP come off the bench is that he won't hurt you as much if he's having a bad game. KCP is going to shoot 3s and fill the lane whether he starts or comes off the bench. However, Hart's potential is really unlocked playing next to guys with offensive gravity. His ability to spot-up, fill the lane, go coast-to-coast and attack close outs is really enhanced playing next to the Bron, BI and Zo/Rondo.

He looked really good with Lebron and Rondo Hart's all round game and high IQ makes him the favorite to start He may be the most improved player imo
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:10 am    Post subject:

GT made a great observation on today's Locked on Lakers podcast - yeah, I'm a junkie listening to Lakers podcasts during lunch, so what? - that with the UCLA 1-4 set the Lakers are running with the starting unit, the SG is coming off of a screen and catching the ball at the top of the arc. Last season, KCP would come off screens and catch the ball at the wings. But catching it at the top of the arc out of the 1-4 gives the SG a driving lane that Hart is much better suited to exploit than KCP who struggles attacking the rim in the half-court.

I think I paraphrased that correctly. Anyway, Hart provides more versatility in this offense than KCP even if KCP is theoretically the better shooter off motion (at least he was last season).

ETA: here's a video from LFR that explains it much better than I ever could https://twitter.com/LakersSBN/status/1047531480308539392
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:24 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
GT made a great observation on today's Locked on Lakers podcast - yeah, I'm a junkie listening to Lakers podcasts during lunch, so what? - that with the UCLA 1-4 set the Lakers are running with the starting unit, the SG is coming off of a screen and catching the ball at the top of the arc. Last season, KCP would come off screens and catch the ball at the wings. But catching it at the top of the arc out of the 1-4 gives the SG a driving lane that Hart is much better suited to exploit than KCP who struggles attacking the rim in the half-court.

I think I paraphrased that correctly. Anyway, Hart provides more versatility in this offense than KCP even if KCP is theoretically the better shooter off motion (at least he was last season).

ETA: here's a video from LFR that explains it much better than I ever could https://twitter.com/LakersSBN/status/1047531480308539392

Moral of the story: Your lunches are too early.

I think it's fair to say Josh is more versatile on offense than KCP.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:33 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:

Based on the 1st two games, it's clear that our 1st unit moves the ball much more fluidly, and Hart has the skillset to take advantage of scrambling defenses in a way that KCP can't.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:37 am    Post subject:

NotHype wrote:
markjay wrote:
NotHype wrote:

You know what's funny? If Hart made one more of his 10 3's, he'd be shooting 40%, and you'd be hyped.
NotHype
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:40 am    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
NotHype wrote:
markjay wrote:
NotHype wrote:

You know what's funny? If Hart made one more of his 10 3's, he'd be shooting 40%, and you'd be hyped.

No because what worries me is the lack of consistency

Most teams have those 2 guys that you know are money whenever they get an open look from 3. We don’t seem to have that.

I am more worried about consistency. I’m not seeing Hart or any of these guys knock down multiple open looks in a row
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:42 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:

Crap, I've given away my time zone
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:51 am    Post subject:

NotHype wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
NotHype wrote:
markjay wrote:
NotHype wrote:

Most teams have those 2 guys that you know are money whenever they get an open look from 3. We don’t seem to have that.

I am more worried about consistency. I’m not seeing Hart or any of these guys knock down multiple open looks in a row
Hart was consistently either at or near the top ranking on our team for 3 pt accuracy from the time he started getting playing time throughout the rest of last season.

KCP on the other hand, was all over the map. He was a poor 3 point shooter for a major portion of the season, on much more playing time than Hart had early on, but he torched the net from outside very late in the season, which is what pulled his 3pt percentage up.

Calling out Hart for being inconsistent based on the first 2 preseason games is pure
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:52 am    Post subject:

Where did summer league mvp Hart go? He was so aggressive and was shooting lights out. Hart has made some great plays but he seems so tentative on some shots.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:05 am    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
Where did summer league mvp Hart go? He was so aggressive and was shooting lights out. Hart has made some great plays but he seems so tentative on some shots.

Well, he's no longer playing against SPL comp too.
NotHype
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:12 am    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
NotHype wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
NotHype wrote:
markjay wrote:
NotHype wrote:

Hart was consistently either at or near the top ranking on our team for 3 pt accuracy from the time he started getting playing time throughout the rest of last season.

KCP on the other hand, was all over the map. He was a poor 3 point shooter for a major portion of the season, on much more playing time than Hart had early on, but he torched the net from outside very late in the season, which is what pulled his 3pt percentage up.

Calling out Hart for being inconsistent based on the first 2 preseason games is pure

Ok I will give him more time. Maybe he’s just off for 2 games.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:40 am    Post subject:

Blah Blah Blah. Hart looked good to me, and Lebron seems to like playing with him. Starting him over Mana from Heaven the second preseason game is very telling. KCP is very out of sync right now.
KB824MJ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:28 pm    Post subject:

I think he played rather well wasn't as aggressive as usual, but drove it to the hole a couple of times that last game. I do think Hart over KCP, but KCP was with the group that lost us that lead. Hoping KCP gets out of this slump, obviously in his head, be that as it may, I start Hart!
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:36 pm    Post subject:

NotHype wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
NotHype wrote:
markjay wrote:
NotHype wrote:

Please do tell who these guys are? They shoot 100%, 90%, maybe 80% from three in a course of a 82 game season? We need to trade for these guys.

There are nights Curry will go 7-10 from threes. Then there are nights he goes 2-10. And at the end of the 2018 season, Curry shot 42% from three.

What is your definition of consistency?
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:38 pm    Post subject:

NotHype wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
NotHype wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
NotHype wrote:
markjay wrote:
NotHype wrote:

Ok I will give him more time. Maybe he’s just off for 2 games.

You think? 39% from threes last year. He's the least of your worries.
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:32 pm    Post subject:

hart drawing rave reviews so far: https://www.nba.com/lakers/news/181003-josh-hart-impresses-unexpected-big-man-plays

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject:

Hart should start.

He is better than KCP.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:04 pm    Post subject:

hart should start over KCP. KCP might only start cause of lebron connection
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 117, 118, 119 ... 161, 162, 163  Next
Page 118 of 163
Jump to: