JOSH "Fortnite" HART (Backup PF)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 123, 124, 125 ... 161, 162, 163  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:39 pm    Post subject:

How bout a shorter Jimmy Butler?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:49 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:

What about a rich man Josh Howard?
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:47 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
chantruong wrote:

Josh Howard became an All-Star in 2007, averaged 20 ppg in 2008. Comparing Hart to him is a stretch right now. Hart looks like a solid role player but not an All-Star and that is fine. So 'rich man' Josh Howard... No, just no. But hey we're all hopeful for the best.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:48 pm    Post subject:

Josh Hart = Bradley Beal
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:55 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
chantruong wrote:

Josh Howard became an All-Star in 2007, averaged 20 ppg in 2008. Comparing Hart to him is a stretch right now. Hart looks like a solid role player but not an All-Star and that is fine. So 'rich man' Josh Howard... No, just no. But hey we're all hopeful for the best.

Josh Howard could have had a better NBA career, don’t think he is anything special among the NBA fans and experts who follow basketball, someone posted a thread about Josh Howard and they even forgot he was an all star player, it’s not a far fetch comparison and is much more realistic then some of the wild 1’s like Bradley Beal or CJ McCollum.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:57 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
chantruong wrote:

Josh Howard could have had a better NBA career, don’t think he is anything special among the NBA fans and experts who follow the fame, someone’s posted a thread about Josh Howard and they even forgot he was an all star player, it’s not a far fetch comparison and is much more realistic then some of the wild 1’s like Bradley Beal.

Josh Hart is not an All-Star. Saying he's a rich man version of an All-Star is far fetched right now. Plain and simple.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:03 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
chantruong wrote:

Josh Howard could have had a better NBA career, don’t think he is anything special among the NBA fans and experts who follow the fame, someone’s posted a thread about Josh Howard and they even forgot he was an all star player, it’s not a far fetch comparison and is much more realistic then some of the wild 1’s like Bradley Beal.

Josh Hart is not an All-Star. Saying he's a rich man version of an All-Star is far fetched right now. Plain and simple.

Josh Hart has good work ethic, I think Josh Howard lacked good work ethic especially later in his career.. that that’s why his career went down the tubes.. Hart is gonna look to Improve every year.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:10 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
chantruong wrote:

Josh Hart has good work ethic, I think Josh Howard lacked in that that’s why his career went down the tubes.

That's just your opinion man. He tore his ACL and was never the same. Would he have been a multi-time All-Star otherwise? Maybe, maybe not. He was a solid player, borderline All-Star player ala Lamar Odom, Monta Ellis, Danny Granger, Kevin Martin, etc. I'm just not expecting Hart to be that good of a player and I wouldn't even say he's a rich man of these types of players. He's a solid role player ala Ariza, Danny Green, Livingston, etc. And that's probably what the majority of people would expect out of him.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:28 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
chantruong wrote:

Josh Hart has good work ethic, I think Josh Howard lacked in that that’s why his career went down the tubes.

That's just your opinion man. He tore his ACL and was never the same. Would he have been a multi-time All-Star otherwise? Maybe, maybe not. He was a solid player, borderline All-Star player ala Lamar Odom, Monta Ellis, Danny Granger, Kevin Martin, etc. I'm just not expecting Hart to be that good of a player and I wouldn't even say he's a rich man of these types of players. He's a solid role player ala Ariza, Danny Green, Livingston, etc. And that's probably what the majority of people would expect out of him.

We still don’t know what he can become, Luke was stubborn last year by not playing Hart minutes until late in the season, I wouldn’t be surprised if he has a better season then Kuzma.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:31 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
chantruong wrote:

We still don’t know what he can become, Luke was stubborn last year by not playing Hart minutes until late in the season, I wouldn’t be surprised if he has a better season then Kuzma.

Of course we don't know, we all want what's best for the team so if he becomes a superstar great but that's not what he is right now. He's not a rich man version of an All-Star that's for sure. Just like Ball is not a rich man version of Kidd, or BI is not a rich man version of Pippen, and we can go on and on.

That's it for me. It's like getting in a discussion with a brick wall, nothing goes through.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:04 am    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
chantruong wrote:

I view a role player as someone who has a couple of redeeming skills but is limited in his game. KCP fits that description for me.

Hart has the potential to evolve beyond a solid role player.

Offensively he has much more diversity to his game than Ariza, Green and a post-injury Livingston. On a team where he would receive higher usage I could see 20-21 ppg. Is that an all star? Not sure.

Defensively his success is primarily due to his Try Hard attitude and strong body. His athleticism is good but holds him back from truly becoming elite.

He is a capable starter for me that would fit on any team. Can he evolve into an all star type scorer like Beal and CJ? Questionable as they are more natural scorers but I would not doubt Hart under the right circumstance to approach their level.

I'm sure no one envisioned Jimmy Butler becoming a 23 ppg scorer. Under the right circumstances it worked out for him.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:37 am    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
chantruong wrote:

And Josh Hart is averaging 20 ppg. So what now?
Checkmate
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:48 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
chantruong wrote:

Checkmate

PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:08 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
chantruong wrote:

Checkmate

Nice!!!

Damn I didn't have to post all that crap above.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:47 am    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
chantruong wrote:

Hart doesn't look like an All Star? Really?

He looks very much like an All Star. People just don't believe what they see because Hart's been pigeonholed as a non-all star / role player.

But that has more to do with people's perceptions of him than anything he's produced on the court.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:54 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
chantruong wrote:

Hart doesn't look like an All Star? Really?

He looks very much like an All Star. People just don't believe what they see because Hart's been pigeonholed as a non-all star / role player.

But that has more to do with people's perceptions of him than anything he's produced on the court.

Oh my lord... Paul George was not an All-Star last season before injuries. Stop it.
UKUGA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:48 am    Post subject:

Hart is great. Getting better.

Looking forward to seeing him in the home opener, playing in front of the home crowd.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:04 am    Post subject:

Right now, I'd say he is Raja Bell level. Good defender, plays with a chip, has the occasional strong offensive game.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:49 am    Post subject:

I love Hart but his perimeter defense is pretty average. With that said, KCP's perimeter defense is pretty bad. Hart is the clear starter.
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:31 pm    Post subject:

Hart is x2 more impactful than KCP, it’s only a matter of time before KCP gets bench duty
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:18 pm    Post subject:

His man defense is so bad, my lord

Harden is going to beat you but Hart just got totally punked on multiple occasions
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:19 pm    Post subject:

Worst perimeter defender on the team?

Straight line drives to Eric Freaking Gordon.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:20 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
chantruong wrote:

Checkmate

Calling checkmate too early no? Game's still going. We can do this all season if you want.
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:22 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
chantruong wrote:

Checkmate

When does 15 round up to 20?

EDIT: didn't realize that the quote was from much earlier.

Last edited by Staccatos on Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:30 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
tox wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
chantruong wrote:

Checkmate

Calling checkmate too early no? Game's still going. We can do this all season if you want.

By the looks of today I think I just got checkmated
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 123, 124, 125 ... 161, 162, 163  Next
Page 124 of 163
Jump to: