JOSH "Fortnite" HART (Backup PF)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 133, 134, 135 ... 161, 162, 163  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
Last week I was going to make a post about how funny it was that teams hadn't really caught on to Josh's right, left, right take off but there was a play against the Spurs where a defender really sat on it and stuffed him at the rim

He should switch it up with a left right Cha Cha Cha.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:49 am    Post subject:

Hart took some wild shots against the Spurs. He needs to re-focus himself on the defensive end. Derozan was eating him up.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:44 pm    Post subject:

Dude is a liability on defense so far tonight.
PostMalone24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:44 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:

he's literally our best perimeter defender......... so............................. yea........
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:47 pm    Post subject:

Hart's getting matched on bigger players, and doing the best he can. He's getting picked on/singled out by the opposition. That last foul was a frustration foul. He's gotta keep his cool.
jmnluvr
Star Player
Star Player

Practice wrote:

Unfortunately it's iffy every night. He can't stay in front of anyone.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostMalone24 wrote:
Practice wrote:

he's literally our best perimeter defender......... so............................. yea........

Wrong. Lonzo.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:57 pm    Post subject:

PostMalone24 wrote:
Practice wrote:

He’s actually our worst.
PostMalone24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:59 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
PostMalone24 wrote:
Practice wrote:

He’s actually our worst.

good one
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:02 pm    Post subject:

PostMalone24 wrote:
Practice wrote:
PostMalone24 wrote:
Practice wrote:

He’s actually our worst.

good one

Dude consistently can’t stay in front of players of any size. This was even the case at summer league.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:26 pm    Post subject:

PostMalone24 wrote:
Practice wrote:

He’s actually our worst, and I don’t think it’s close. He’s great when he is forced to switch onto a big and can use his strength to body them away from great post position and challenge an off balanced shot, but his man blows by him pretty much at will and he either just gets shot over for high percentage looks or fouls jump shooters when he tries to jump to challenge. He’s pretty terrible on the perimeter on D this season. He was already pretty weak last season and it looks worse this season.
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
PostMalone24 wrote:
Practice wrote:
PostMalone24 wrote:
Practice wrote:

He’s actually our worst.

good one

Dude consistently can’t stay in front of players of any size. This was even the case at summer league.

Right, I backed off on Hart starting when I saw Butler and Derozan abusing his ass for easy scores.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:34 pm    Post subject:

There's certain aspects of defense he's good at, and certain aspects he's not.

I thought he was good at 3 ball contests last year.
As well as contesting bigs in the paint.
But I would assume he would have bad numbers on 1 on 1 players. Don't have the stats for that though.

Anyone with some real numbers besides the anecdotal stuff?
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:35 pm    Post subject:

I’m hoping it’s just a slump for Hart adjusting to the suspensions and the return of Rondo and Ingram and not teams figuring him out and him not having an answer. He for sure has been marked as a priority attack target on defense on the perimeter.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:35 pm    Post subject:

bandiger wrote:
Practice wrote:
PostMalone24 wrote:
Practice wrote:
PostMalone24 wrote:
Practice wrote:

He’s actually our worst.

good one

Right, I backed off on Hart starting when I saw Butler and Derozan abusing his ass for easy scores.

And tonight he got easily beat by Barnes and Doncic.
chickenjoy24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:13 pm    Post subject:

bandiger wrote:

In fairness, both Derozan and Butler are talented veteran scorers and have the ability to do that to anyone in the NBA. Not to mention DD is 6'7 and Jimmy is 6'8. Josh Hart is 6'5.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:49 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
bandiger wrote:
Practice wrote:
PostMalone24 wrote:
Practice wrote:
PostMalone24 wrote:
Practice wrote:

He’s actually our worst.

good one

And tonight he got easily beat by Barnes and Doncic.

Doncic got by with a screen. He’s a positional defender and a help defender. On ball is a work in progress. Right now with NBA calling ticky tack fouls. He need to make adjustments.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:05 pm    Post subject:

BI was covering him. The screen was a switch and Hart let him get around him on the perimeter. Wasn’t a factor in that regard. Hart was just a hair late in his initial reaction, then got behind after trying to slide laterally and had to recover. Wasn’t his worst break down on the perimeter, but he’s been pretty soft on the perimeter.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:52 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
BI was covering him. The screen was a switch and Hart let him get around him on the perimeter. Wasn’t a factor in that regard. Hart was just a hair late in his initial reaction, then got behind after trying to slide laterally and had to recover. Wasn’t his worst break down on the perimeter, but he’s been pretty soft on the perimeter.
you explained it just how it happened DB. and guess what, it keeps happening like that. other times he gets called for fouls for trying to hold guys up(which I agree with but the league has made it clear, they aint having it. so you have to switch it up. i'm not sure he can.)

josh harts lateral quicks arent the greatest. so that means he will have to learn/play the angles game a lot better. And the angles game takes a lot of time to get down pat. It's not that he's a bad defender, but he made be a below average to average defender in 2018/19 nba era of you can't hold anyone anymore. you give me josh a few years ago and he would be an above average defender. you turn the clock back 10 years ago and josh would be a lock down defender. you see my point DB?

Now I completely understand why all these teams are so stuck on length. if the nba is going this route defensively. the only way you can keep up with a guy is by being very long (BI anyone.) josh hart is not long.
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:41 am    Post subject:

Maybe Hart needs to lose a few lbs. Not calling him fat by any stretch but if he lost maybe 5lbs or so he could defend better?
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:09 am    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
you explained it just how it happened DB. and guess what, it keeps happening like that. other times he gets called for fouls for trying to hold guys up(which I agree with but the league has made it clear, they aint having it. so you have to switch it up. i'm not sure he can.)

josh harts lateral quicks arent the greatest. so that means he will have to learn/play the angles game a lot better. And the angles game takes a lot of time to get down pat. It's not that he's a bad defender, but he made be a below average to average defender in 2018/19 nba era of you can't hold anyone anymore. you give me josh a few years ago and he would be an above average defender. you turn the clock back 10 years ago and josh would be a lock down defender. you see my point DB?

Now I completely understand why all these teams are so stuck on length. if the nba is going this route defensively. the only way you can keep up with a guy is by being very long (BI anyone.) josh hart is not long.

Good points. I was thinking the same as bolded.

Josh’s key to succeeding will be video sessions and mastering the angles. Like you said, he’s not the quickest and sneezing is a foul now.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:52 am    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

Could have the Bruce Bowen defensive impact if physical defense is allowed like back in the day. Length is more essential nowadays. But I agree with your angles game. Scouting and video sessions will help him. Once he put it together, he will be above average defender at worst.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:26 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
There's certain aspects of defense he's good at, and certain aspects he's not.

I thought he was good at 3 ball contests last year.
As well as contesting bigs in the paint.
But I would assume he would have bad numbers on 1 on 1 players. Don't have the stats for that though.

Anyone with some real numbers besides the anecdotal stuff?

He's 3rd on the team at 10.1 contested shots per game.
And tied for lead on the team in deflections at 1.9 per game.

So far this year, he's giving up a higher fg% against with a diff% of +4.6 (positive is bad)

He's guarding the 3 point line pretty decently diff% of -1.5.
But 2 pointers is a different story: +7.5. Most of the damage done within 10 ft. Sheesh. Playing the 2-4 spot probably has something to do with it.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:43 am    Post subject:

He is defending much worse than I remember.

And what happened to Mr Double Digit rebounds per game guy?!?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:30 am    Post subject:

Zach Lowe:
Quote:
They might even think about giving run to a super-big lineup featuring no traditional point guard -- something like Hart, Ingram, James, Kuzma and McGee/Johnathan Williams. Hart needs to play more than Rondo, period.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 133, 134, 135 ... 161, 162, 163  Next
Page 134 of 163
Jump to: