JOSH "Fortnite" HART (Backup PF)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 145, 146, 147 ... 161, 162, 163  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:00 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Yeah hart hasn’t exactly wowed with his latest 5 game stint. Theyre going to go back to BI. I hope they stagger him with lbj more though.

As they should. He lost the job he recently earned.
where24happens
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:06 pm    Post subject:

Played his way out of a starting job for sure.
Captain America
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:06 pm    Post subject:

I'm a big Hart fan but I agree that I think he's best in a Caruso role as an energy 11th man who tries to play within himself. Wish we didn't burn a first round pick on him though...
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:07 pm    Post subject:

watching this guy run around on D is painful to watch... He blows defensive assignments almost about 75% his on the court. Not helping too if he cant hit shots.
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:09 pm    Post subject:

Is Ariza still available, I’d rather keep KCP
Kjj10697X
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:22 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
watching this guy run around on D is painful to watch... He blows defensive assignments almost about 75% his on the court. Not helping too if he cant hit shots.

A year ago I posted that this site will eventually turn on Hart like they did on Randle and JC. I was ridiculed for it. They said Hart was a solid player and will not make dumb mistakes. I explained that it doesn’t matter how good of a rookie we have, this site will turn on anyone. This year it’s been BI, Kuz and Hart.

I was right. So much negativity on this site.
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:23 pm    Post subject:

Kjj10697X wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

A year ago I posted that this site will eventually turn on Hart like they did on Randle and JC. I was ridiculed for it. They said Hart was a solid player and will not make dumb mistakes. I explained that it doesn’t matter how good of a rookie we have, this site will turn on anyone. This year it’s been BI, Kuz and Hart.

because pointing out his horrendous defense is turning on him? Every player gets criticized. Every player.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:28 pm    Post subject:

Kjj10697X wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

Just calling out what I see man... Just not set on him like a lot poster in here.
Kjj10697X
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:32 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Kjj10697X wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

Just calling out what I see man... Just not set on him like a lot poster in here.

Just say he played bad. And the team played sloppy and bad defense. We have opinions about how things should be done but admit it, this site fosters on negativity. We always have to blame someone.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:32 pm    Post subject:

Captain America wrote:
I'm a big Hart fan but I agree that I think he's best in a Caruso role as an energy 11th man who tries to play within himself. Wish we didn't burn a first round pick on him though...

The internet makes it so hard to tell when someone is being serious or not.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:35 pm    Post subject:

Kjj10697X wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Kjj10697X wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

Just say he played bad. And the team played sloppy and bad defense. We have opinions about how things should be done but admit it, this site fosters on negativity. We always have to blame someone.

What's the point of giving your opinion on a players thread? Everyone knows that he played bad.
Kjj10697X
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:38 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Kjj10697X wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Kjj10697X wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

What's the point of giving your opinion on a players thread? Everyone knows that he played bad.

Eventually it becomes a dumping ground on someone. Like I said, see JC and Randle.
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:51 pm    Post subject:

The lakers are 3 - 4 since Hart has been in the starting line up

His stats over the 7 game stretch:

8ppg/3rpg/0.7apg not much defense, shooting 36% from the field, 29% from 3 and 54% ft and a whopping 45% TS
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:05 pm    Post subject:

Hart is a good bench option which is fine given he was a 30th pick. I don't think LG was toxic on Randle last year. In fact most were pissed when Like started Nance over him. JC turned into tunnel vision scorer with poor defense after rookie season so there was frustration.
OCLakeShow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:32 pm    Post subject:

Hart's 3 point shooting before injuring his ankle in Cleveland (11/23):
38/83
45.8%

After injuring his ankle:
16/57
28%

Coincidence? I doubt it.
Captain America
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
Captain America wrote:

The internet makes it so hard to tell when someone is being serious or not.

I should have added "fan of the guy", he'll be great in the booth, but yeah awful basketball player
Yellow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:01 am    Post subject:

OCLakeShow wrote:
38/83
45.8%

16/57
28%

Coincidence? I doubt it.

Yep, mammoth overreaction in this thread. He's playing poorly. He's still a good player, particularly so in a bench role.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:34 am    Post subject:

He's ranked the 5th best SG in the league.

When stats go wrong
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:40 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:

When stats go wrong

holy poop

lol
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:47 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:

When stats go wrong

By what metrics lmao
ShowtimeReturns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:51 pm    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
The lakers are 3 - 4 since Hart has been in the starting line up

His stats over the 7 game stretch:

8ppg/3rpg/0.7apg not much defense, shooting 36% from the field, 29% from 3 and 54% ft and a whopping 45% TS

He's been horrible what happened to him?
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:01 pm    Post subject:

OCLakeShow wrote:
38/83
45.8%

16/57
28%

Coincidence? I doubt it.

The 3 point shooting could easily be random chance, people just have slumps. Could be related to the injury too -- not ruling it out -- but the numbers alone don't show anything. Maybe some analysis showing how his 3 point shot is different but without that you can't really infer causality.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:09 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:

When stats go wrong

Not really, the team was really good when he was on the court and a lineup-based stat should reflect that. The mistake is assuming RPM tells you how good of a player someone is. It doesn't do that explicitly; it basically tries to show how much better the team is with that player in the lineup instead of some hypothetical replacement level player. But note the use of tries: it's not perfect.

For example, suppose RPM thought so highly of Hart because the lienup of the starters with Hart had such a good net rating vs. Ingram. In that case, it appears that Hart is a difference maker in that lineup, so RPM gives him a lot of credit for that. But note that Lonzo/Kuzma/LeBron + one center (JaVale I think) + KCP also had a similar net rating to the configuration with Hart. So maybe it's less about Hart and more about Lonzo/Kuz/LeBron/JaVale being a really good grouping and just needing a guy who will shoot 3s and play some defense. If this is true, then KCP playing more minutes with those groupings would bring down Hart's RPM as the stat learned and adjusted for the fact that it's not Hart per se, it's the other 4 guys and Hart just doesn't muck things up (e.g. as opposed to Ingram).

Another way of thinking about it is this: maybe with Josh Hart that lineup is +8 net rating, but with a 3&D guy like Danny Green it'd be +15. In such a scenario, we can see that Hart really isn't that great, but because the Lakers don't have a Danny Green to contrast Hart with, RPM can't deduce that and instead it ends up giving him more credit. This is hypothetical of course but I think the KCP numbers point us in that direction.
Jarmusch
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:58 pm    Post subject:

yeah, the word is out on him, teams are trying to expose josh on the perimeter and with good results for them. he has to adjust his defensive stance and to keep his hands away from peoples bodies, its kinda of a big deal for the lakers that he rediscovers his mojo
botox
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:32 pm    Post subject:

Jarmusch wrote:
yeah, the word is out on him, teams are trying to expose josh on the perimeter and with good results for them. he has to adjust his defensive stance and to keep his hands away from peoples bodies, its kinda of a big deal for the lakers that he rediscovers his mojo

Josh is a good player going through a bad stretch. He may be battling a nagging injury, which could be effecting his play.

With that said, he should never start over Ingram like some have suggested. And he didn't earn a staring spot like someone posters earlier. He was a starter due to injury. While his advanced stats suggest he's a better option in the starting lineup, the Lakers have a better record with Ingram starting. Plus, Ingram is clearly a better player.

Play the best players and let them grow together.

The best version of the Lakers, on both sides of the ball, will be with Ingram in starting lineup. If LeBron and Ingram don't fit now and we are winning, just wait til they do figure it out. It will be fun to watch.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 145, 146, 147 ... 161, 162, 163  Next
Page 146 of 163
Jump to: