JOSH "Fortnite" HART (Backup PF)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 161, 162, 163  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:03 pm    Post subject:

Have liked Hart for a few years. Happy we got him.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:33 pm    Post subject:

I have such low expectations for him that I don't even expect him to be a part of the rotation. He is saying the right things though. Wish we had a chance to watch him play more in SL.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
I have such low expectations for him that I don't even expect him to be a part of the rotation. He is saying the right things though. Wish we had a chance to watch him play more in SL.

Why? dude has been a winner and looked real solid when he did get minutes in his short stint in the SL.

He has good size for the SG position, has a good quick step to beat players to the post, if you want to have low expectation on a draft pick, Thomas Bryant should be the guy IMO, I expect Josh Hart to have a long career in the NBA.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:01 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:

Someone's gotta play back-up 2. JC could be shipped out tomorrow and it would shock no one.
True Lakers Fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Love that attitude. Let's see what kid can do.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:28 pm    Post subject:

Josh says he wants to be a defensive stopper. Possible?
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:40 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:

Josh was a Big East Co-Defensive Player of the Year in college. I'd say he could get there.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:07 am    Post subject:

Josh Hart knows where he wants to make his mark on this team : DEFENSE!
I like this kid and hope he succeeds. He has potential and a great attitude.

Quote:
He’s a very efficient player, who’s added in some playmaking over time to his tough defense and mature style of play.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:42 am    Post subject:

Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
epak wrote:

Josh was a Big East Co-Defensive Player of the Year in college. I'd say he could get there.

Ah I forgot. Nice.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:21 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

Quote:
He’s a very efficient player, who’s added in some playmaking over time to his tough defense and mature style of play.

Yup, Hart likes to play D that is why I am glad we did not get Shabaz who would probably take most of his minutes. We need dedicated defenders on this team. My hope is that Hart takes minutes from the matador Clarkson.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:23 am    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

Yup, Hart likes to play D that is why I am glad we did not get Shabaz who would probably take most of his minutes. We need dedicated defenders on this team. My hope is that Hart takes minutes from the matador Clarkson.

If Shabazz would take most of the minutes that would mean Hart wouldn't deserve them.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:05 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

Why? dude has been a winner and looked real solid when he did get minutes in his short stint in the SL.

He has good size for the SG position, has a good quick step to beat players to the post, if you want to have low expectation on a draft pick, Thomas Bryant should be the guy IMO, I expect Josh Hart to have a long career in the NBA.

Sorry should have been more clear. I meant just for his rookie season. I do like his long term potential. I just don't really see the minutes available to him this coming season. If he does get minutes, it would mean he surpassed expectations. That's what I meant.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

Sorry should have been more clear. I meant just for his rookie season. I do like his long term potential. I just don't really see the minutes available to him this coming season. If he does get minutes, it would mean he surpassed expectations. That's what I meant.

That's better view, good thing is that he's a matured player who plays with a poised so him making a difference in his 1st year is possible.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:40 am    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

Yeah I'm expecting Hart to carve out minutes with his defensive intensity too.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject:

How many minutes per game do you think he will get?

I mean 2 or 3 minutes at the end of quarters (1-3) could be only equate to 6 mpg...

I can't see him getting big minutes unless the game is a blow-out...
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:21 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:

I mean 2 or 3 minutes at the end of quarters (1-3) could be only equate to 6 mpg...

Yep. I dont see him getting minutes over JC and Ennis yet. Unless there's an injury.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:36 am    Post subject:

Josh Hart’s journey to NBA, 2017-18 Lakers season expectations

https://clutchpoints.com/exclusive-josh-harts-journey-nba-2017-18-lakers-season-expectations/
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:18 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

Yep. I dont see him getting minutes over JC and Ennis yet. Unless there's an injury.

I have no problem with that amount of mpg for a rookie. If the rotation works out that way at the beginning of the season it does not mean the situation can not change by the end. As mentioned an injury can easily change mpg expectations.

I liked Hart in college and thrilled the Lakers drafted him. IMO he will be a solid contributor when he gets the opportunity. If that is 6mpg reserve role or as a needed replacement when an inevitable injury occurs over the long season.

I expect quality mpg whenever or for however long he is asked to play. Just that kind of young man. Hope we get the chance to see this young man develop. Not expecting a star, initially just a quality rotational player that competes every time he plays. We will see if he delivers.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:24 am    Post subject:

If Hart shows some 3/D, maybe he can steal some minutes from JC at SG (and if JC plays some PG). May also make JC more expendable via trade if he shows 3/D skills in training camp, since it's likely we will have to move on from JC for the 2 max plan anyways.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:42 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
If Hart shows some 3/D, maybe he can steal some minutes from JC at SG (and if JC plays some PG). May also make JC more expendable via trade if he shows 3/D skills in training camp, since it's likely we will have to move on from JC for the 2 max plan anyways.

While I agree with your comment and point made. Can a discussion be had without constantly interjecting the "need to trade" and " 2 max plan" diversions?

Pretty sure their are multiple 2018 free agency or James threads to keep those discussions going. Not meant to be disrespectful just an observation.

Interested to see Hart play for this roster this year. Same as I am with the entire current roster.

If or when moves are made I will excited to see how they effect player development, contributions and win/losses too. For now 2017 has enough interest for me at least.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:58 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

While I agree with your comment and point made. Can a discussion be had without constantly interjecting the "need to trade" and " 2 max plan" diversions?

Pretty sure their are multiple 2018 free agency or James threads to keep those discussions going. Not meant to be disrespectful just an observation.

Interested to see Hart play for this roster this year. Same as I am with the entire current roster.

If or when moves are made I will excited to see how they effect player development, contributions and win/losses too. For now 2017 has enough interest for me at least.

2017 is inextricably tied to 2018, otherwise guys like DLO/Moz would still be on this team. It's like only talking about Godfather 1 when you know what is to come in Godfather 2.

Everyone on this team, except maybe Lonzo/Ingram are auditioning to stay in 2018. This year is basically an 82 game audition to see who is kept.

I talk about the 2018 plan b/c it intimately affects 2017. Sorry if you don't like it but it's the reality.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:35 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

2017 is inextricably tied to 2018, otherwise guys like DLO/Moz would still be on this team. It's like only talking about Godfather 1 when you know what is to come in Godfather 2.

Everyone on this team, except maybe Lonzo/Ingram are auditioning to stay in 2018. This year is basically an 82 game audition to see who is kept.

I talk about the 2018 plan b/c it intimately affects 2017. Sorry if you don't like it but it's the reality.

I get it. As I stated not meant any type of disrespect towards you. You are certainly not the only one that is looking towards 2018 instead of focusing on 2017. It is just tiresome that seemingly every conversation has to be get sidetracked with how they fit into the 2018 plan or dump Deng's contract.

I am not as enthralled with the plan as others so in all likelihood I am the oddball here. Simply would like to be excited or intrigued by a player or the 2017 season without it turning into how "he doesn't fit the plan" or "how do we trade him".

The differing viewpoints of how competitive a James/2 max plan have been discussed to death. Going to have to agree to disagree on the expectations of results.

But the other aspect is the sheer entertainment element. I want to see the development and chemistry of this team, this year. Think of it as looking forward to seeing Hamilton this season instead of constantly talking about next season's box office blockbuster of Die Hard 6 with Willis and Stallone. And here I go again doing exactly the thing I was pointing out to others.

How about the Hart guy? Pretty good player that can contribute and fit in with this roster this season.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:37 am    Post subject:

^ But I WAS talking about Hart and how he may fit in 2017, and how that may portend some moves for 2018. If he shows 3/D, it may help in 2017 AND our 2018 plans. Not sure why it is controversial to intertwine the next 2 years.
MIMLaker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:49 am    Post subject:

Really hoping Hart earns/ gets steady run, even at 8-10 minutes a game.

Hart reminds me a lot of Arron Afflalo when he came out of UCLA - team leader, smart player, solid outside shooter, go-to defender, good but not freakish athleticism, hard worker. We could really benefit from having Hart as both Clarkson insurance and a long-term, reasonably-priced yet still productive rotation guy.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject:

MIMLaker wrote:
Really hoping Hart earns/ gets steady run, even at 8-10 minutes a game.

Hart reminds me a lot of Arron Afflalo when he came out of UCLA - team leader, smart player, solid outside shooter, go-to defender, good but not freakish athleticism, hard worker. We could really benefit from having Hart as both Clarkson insurance and a long-term, reasonably-priced yet still productive rotation guy.

I'd already slot Hart in over JC on the depth chart due to the fact that Hart will actually be willing to play defense.

I hope we can find a way to move JC's contract this year
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 161, 162, 163  Next
Page 26 of 163
Jump to: