JOSH "Fortnite" HART (Backup PF)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 161, 162, 163  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:40 pm    Post subject:

Best Laker pick next to Ball.
E=MC²
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:58 pm    Post subject:

Killer pick, winner. He can step in and play the starting 2 probably right away. Keep Clarkson as 6th man.
evetssteve10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:59 pm    Post subject:

Dude is a killer love this pick
"Bryant has been the second best player in the NBA for over a decade, but the number 1 player changes every other year. Somehow the number 1 player always seems to fall down the list but Kobe just never moves up. ". The Art of Hating Kobe Bryant
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:01 pm    Post subject:

E=MC² wrote:
Killer pick, winner. He can step in and play the starting 2 probably right away. Keep Clarkson as 6th man.

He can be a really versatile defender for us. All 3 positions. He's got the standing reach, strength, motor , to guard SFs in a pinch
Clutch24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:10 pm    Post subject:

One element of his game that might go overlooked is how he attacks 50/50 balls. Love this pick.
SOLakerFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:27 pm    Post subject:

sonic the laker wrote:
SOLakerFan wrote:
Feels like he could be the Derek Fisher to Lonzo's Kobe.

I'm really hoping that Lonzo turns out to be a great pickup for the Lakers, but I don't see anything "Kobe" about him. Let's not get ridiculous, here. Let's see how well Lonzo performs, by just being "Lonzo".

And, if you were referring more to his position on the team, when comparing him to Kobe, as opposed to his game, then I could possibly see that. Though, I think BI will prove to be the more dominant player, going forward.b

ZOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah. I'm not saying Lonzo's game is at all similar to Kobe. Just that Hart can be the under-the-radar elite role player like Fisher was, while (hopefully) Lonzo can be an all-star. Here's hoping that a Ball-Hart backcourt can have some of the longevity and success that Kobe and Fish had.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:02 am    Post subject:

OKC is really going to regret passing on Hart for Ferguson.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:03 am    Post subject:

Every time I've read things about this kid, they've been positive. I'm really not sure why he fell to #30 based on that.
GreekTrojan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:06 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Every time I've read things about this kid, they've been positive. I'm really not sure why he fell to #30 based on that.

Not super athletic or an elite scorer. Also the league greatly undervalues players that have stayed for many years under the general idea that all the good players are gone after 1-2 seasons.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:15 am    Post subject:

GreekTrojan wrote:
tox wrote:

Not super athletic or an elite scorer. Also the league greatly undervalues players that have stayed for many years under the general idea that all the good players are gone after 1-2 seasons.

That's... awesome. Haha. That's exactly what I want to hear. Scoring, athleticism, and "not having upside because he's a 4 year player"... all things that people tend to seriously overrate.
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:19 am    Post subject:

He is fundamentally sound who does everything well but nothing great. I think he'll be a solid pro for the next 10-12 years.
romeo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:38 am    Post subject:

aaron afflalo. solid guard prospect. triple threat, good jumper, effort on d
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:41 am    Post subject:

I think Hart takes the Clarkson role. Clarkson goes in a PG13 package...
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:43 am    Post subject:

Thrilled with this pick. He was shooting in 2nd year 46% for 3 and in last year 40%. Plus great rebounder for guard position and great defensive player. Hands down to FO for this pick.
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:19 am    Post subject:

Reminds me a little bit of the Nance pick. Not the flashiest player in the world (well, except for Nance's dunks), but a solid gritty contributor who will do what it takes to win games. I love the fact that both Lonzo and Hart are proven winners who take their teams to the highest levels.
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:22 am    Post subject:

Horry reminds me of that old meme of Th Most Interesting Man in the World: I don't always score, but when a I do, it's a freaking game winner!

AC Green's V-Card wrote:
Robert Horry is such a scrub. Averaged 7 PPG for his entire career and couldn't even crack 10 for the Lakers.

KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:27 am    Post subject:

AC Green's V-Card wrote:
Robert Horry is such a scrub. Averaged 7 PPG for his entire career and couldn't even crack 10 for the Lakers.

Didn't fill up the stat sheet either. SMH.

And those intangibles? Nahhhh... don't matter as long as he's not filling up 3 of the most relevant categories in the box score.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:28 am    Post subject:

I watch a ton of Big East basketball and have watched Hart play countless times. The kid is ultra aggressive and can do it all. The nice thing about him is he has no attitude and is a great team mate. He makes an assessment of the game and tries to provide what is missing during the game. He can score at will, but is fine taking a back seat if the team does not need it. He has no problem winning games with D, rebounding, and passing. He will get 20 minutes per right away and Luke will quickly figure out he is reliable.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:30 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
GreekTrojan wrote:
tox wrote:

That's... awesome. Haha. That's exactly what I want to hear. Scoring, athleticism, and "not having upside because he's a 4 year player"... all things that people tend to seriously overrate.

I find it kind of funny that it is considered a negative that "he fell" to the 30th player selected from the pool of thousands world wide.

Not a jab at you just the perception we see all over the place.

Love the Hart pick. Think he could be a nice tandem option with Ball. Solid defense, nice passer and b-ball IQ, plays hard and can hit the 3pt shot. Whats not to like!
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:33 am    Post subject:

Defends, plays hard, physical and all about winning. Great pick at 30

Its clear now Magic and Pelinka saw that we didnt have a winning lockerroom. All the clowns and loafers - Dlo , Nick, Moz are gone and in comes guys who are winners.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:21 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
I watch a ton of Big East basketball and have watched Hart play countless times. The kid is ultra aggressive and can do it all. The nice thing about him is he has no attitude and is a great team mate. He makes an assessment of the game and tries to provide what is missing during the game. He can score at will, but is fine taking a back seat if the team does not need it. He has no problem winning games with D, rebounding, and passing. He will get 20 minutes per right away and Luke will quickly figure out he is reliable.

What makes me happy as a Lakers fan is the feeling that our new front office is giving us a direction. I mean, if your plan is going after a couple of superstars, what kind of players you want around them, a Nick Young one way shucker or two way competitors willing to do all the dirty work playing the game the right way?

Solid pick, may contribute early.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:28 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:

He is BELOVED in Philly. Heart and soul of that Villanova team, extraordinary character. Love the pick. He may be a "Derek Fisher" type player who may not be the most talented, but pun intended, a heart of the team.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:29 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:

Yeah. Raw clay potential vs. actual realized potential. I take Hart over Ferguson too. We need more polished pieces.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:37 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:

Yeah. Raw clay potential vs. actual realized potential. I take Hart over Ferguson too. We need more polished pieces.

I understand this perspective, but I would have really liked a true upside gamble from the Lakers last night. Need a shot at a star or serious offensive contributor badly and would take a 19 year old with tools and potential over a solid 22 year old. I think that's what they were going for with Bryant and appreciate it.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:38 am    Post subject:

Reminds me of Courtney Lee coming out of Western Kentucky.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 161, 162, 163  Next
Page 4 of 163
Jump to: