JOSH "Fortnite" HART (Named Summer League MVP, p.112)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 119, 120, 121  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Sep 2001
Posts: 7945
Location: Eagle Rock

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject:

ingle wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
danzag wrote:
Intlakeshow wrote:
He’s basically Raja Bell 2.0, which would be a great return on a late first round pick.


I'll take it.


Raja Bell couldn't pass, rebound, or finish like that either. Forget the rookie part. Near prime.

There's a reason why Raja entered the league at 24.


Agree, comparing Hart to these career role players sells his potential short. He's really a guy who knows and excels at his role, yet still shows flashes of the skillset of a primary option.


I agree with this. Kid is older I know, but he is still a rookie. If he is playing this well now, who knows what his ceiling will be?

The issue with Hart is mental. Kid played a lot of high pressure games in college and won it all. He is calm under pressure and is able to perform in stressful situations.
_________________
R.I.P. Doc Buss
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 93487
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:31 am    Post subject:

Maybe Hart can be a Horry/Fox level high end role player for us when we are finally back in the playoffs again. Love his poise.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
durden-tyler
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 22 Dec 2003
Posts: 933

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:32 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
durden-tyler wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Love this kid. Lou was a high price to pay for him but given where we are as a franchise, having a clear rotation player like Hart on his cheap deal for years is a game changer.


I wouldn't say "high price", players like Lou Williams and Jamal Crawfords are the kind of players who almost NEVER produce winning basketball...


Dude, I get that, but Lou was a near all star this year and has almost kept the Clips afloat.

I was for the trade and am happy we got Hart. But Lou was one of the actual great signings for the Lakers at 7m/year.


I'm on the side who thinks that even if they produce a few more wins, they are detrimental for a team long term, especially when it's a young team like we are. I don't regret him AT ALL...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Reply with quote
durden-tyler
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 22 Dec 2003
Posts: 933

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:34 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Maybe Hart can be a Horry/Fox level high end role player for us when we are finally back in the playoffs again. Love his poise.


I'm wondering if he's a great bench player (like Nance), and you definitly need this kind of players to win championships, or if he could be more than that. Anyway, he's everything you like for someone selected 30 in the draft...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 59729
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:40 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Maybe Hart can be a Horry/Fox level high end role player for us when we are finally back in the playoffs again. Love his poise.


The funny part is, I don't recall Horry or Fox being this high level of a role player.

I mean, I get that Hart is hot and has been averaging double doubles and I expect that to regress, but Rick Fox's best year was 15/5/4. Hart could have that as a career average. Fox broke double digits scoring-wise in his career what, four times?
_________________
Resident Car Nut.
Troy Brown, Kevin Huerter, Chandler Hutchison, De'Anthony Melton, Jerome Robinson, Aaron Holiday, Bruce Brown, Donte Divincenzo, Josh Okogie
Jarred Vanderbilt, Landry Shamet, Alize Johnson
@Lakersoutsiders
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 93487
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:45 am    Post subject:

durden-tyler wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
durden-tyler wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Love this kid. Lou was a high price to pay for him but given where we are as a franchise, having a clear rotation player like Hart on his cheap deal for years is a game changer.


I wouldn't say "high price", players like Lou Williams and Jamal Crawfords are the kind of players who almost NEVER produce winning basketball...


Dude, I get that, but Lou was a near all star this year and has almost kept the Clips afloat.

I was for the trade and am happy we got Hart. But Lou was one of the actual great signings for the Lakers at 7m/year.


I'm on the side who thinks that even if they produce a few more wins, they are detrimental for a team long term, especially when it's a young team like we are. I don't regret him AT ALL...


Well there are no regrets if you see my original post above. Just saying it wasn't like we dumped Deng or Moz (deadweight deals). We traded a very good contract/player to get the 28th pick (which we nailed with Hart + Bryant, TBD).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Apr 2007
Posts: 6554

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:50 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
durden-tyler wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
durden-tyler wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Love this kid. Lou was a high price to pay for him but given where we are as a franchise, having a clear rotation player like Hart on his cheap deal for years is a game changer.


I wouldn't say "high price", players like Lou Williams and Jamal Crawfords are the kind of players who almost NEVER produce winning basketball...


Dude, I get that, but Lou was a near all star this year and has almost kept the Clips afloat.

I was for the trade and am happy we got Hart. But Lou was one of the actual great signings for the Lakers at 7m/year.


I'm on the side who thinks that even if they produce a few more wins, they are detrimental for a team long term, especially when it's a young team like we are. I don't regret him AT ALL...


Well there are no regrets if you see my original post above. Just saying it wasn't like we dumped Deng or Moz (deadweight deals). We traded a very good contract/player to get the 28th pick (which we nailed with Hart + Bryant, TBD).


Technically we got Hart + Bryant with the Lou pick, but it's really Kuz we would've taken had we not picked up another one for Dlo + Moz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 93487
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:50 am    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
durden-tyler wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
durden-tyler wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Love this kid. Lou was a high price to pay for him but given where we are as a franchise, having a clear rotation player like Hart on his cheap deal for years is a game changer.


I wouldn't say "high price", players like Lou Williams and Jamal Crawfords are the kind of players who almost NEVER produce winning basketball...


Dude, I get that, but Lou was a near all star this year and has almost kept the Clips afloat.

I was for the trade and am happy we got Hart. But Lou was one of the actual great signings for the Lakers at 7m/year.


I'm on the side who thinks that even if they produce a few more wins, they are detrimental for a team long term, especially when it's a young team like we are. I don't regret him AT ALL...


Well there are no regrets if you see my original post above. Just saying it wasn't like we dumped Deng or Moz (deadweight deals). We traded a very good contract/player to get the 28th pick (which we nailed with Hart + Bryant, TBD).


Technically we got Hart + Bryant with the Lou pick, but it's really Kuz we would've taken had we not picked up another one for Dlo + Moz


Let's not do this to ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 24492

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:00 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
danzag wrote:
Intlakeshow wrote:
He’s basically Raja Bell 2.0, which would be a great return on a late first round pick.


I'll take it.


Raja Bell couldn't pass, rebound, or finish like that either. Forget the rookie part. Near prime.

There's a reason why Raja entered the league at 24.


Yeah, Hart has much, much bigger tools in his arsenal to work with and he's younger to boot than rookie Raja.
_________________
Never wanted him anyways! Bron/Kawhi 2019!!! Choo Choo!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Aug 2017
Posts: 1455

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:04 pm    Post subject:

Hart reminds me of a buffer Danny Green. The kid has potential to be a damn good 3 and D role player on a playoff team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 93487
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:06 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
Hart reminds me of a buffer Danny Green. The kid has potential to be a damn good 3 and D role player on a playoff team.


Different types of players. What sets him apart is his lower leg strength to body up bigs on switches. Green is rangier and a better 3 point shooter and IMO, better on ball defender.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Aug 2017
Posts: 1455

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:10 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
Hart reminds me of a buffer Danny Green. The kid has potential to be a damn good 3 and D role player on a playoff team.


Different types of players. What sets him apart is his lower leg strength to body up bigs on switches. Green is rangier and a better 3 point shooter and IMO, better on ball defender.


I disagree. They both play similar levels of defense on the perimeter at the same age. Hart's actually shooting better 3pt % as a rookie compared to Green as a rookie. Green really came into his own in his 3rd season at age 24. I expect Hart to do the same. Of course Hart has the advantage of being the stronger bulkier guy so he will have that advantage on both ends.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 93487
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:11 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
Hart reminds me of a buffer Danny Green. The kid has potential to be a damn good 3 and D role player on a playoff team.


Different types of players. What sets him apart is his lower leg strength to body up bigs on switches. Green is rangier and a better 3 point shooter and IMO, better on ball defender.


I disagree. They both play similar levels of defense on the perimeter at the same age. Hart's actually shooting better 3pt % as a rookie compared to Green as a rookie. Green really came into his own in his 3rd season at age 24. I expect Hart to do the same. Of course Hart has the advantage of being the stronger bulkier guy so he will have that advantage on both ends.


I'm comparing players now. I'm not doing a retroactive year by year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 19 Apr 2003
Posts: 18401
Location: La Jolla, San Diego

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:51 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Maybe Hart can be a Horry/Fox level high end role player for us when we are finally back in the playoffs again. Love his poise.


The funny part is, I don't recall Horry or Fox being this high level of a role player.

I mean, I get that Hart is hot and has been averaging double doubles and I expect that to regress, but Rick Fox's best year was 15/5/4. Hart could have that as a career average. Fox broke double digits scoring-wise in his career what, four times?


100% agree. I'm a party pooper whenever I see people stroll down memory lane with only good memories. I've always thought the Lakers did the minimum for Shaq and Kobe. They almost didn't win 2 of the 3 titles, and I've always felt the supporting cast were the main culprits for all those white knuckle games. Robert Horry wouldn't have the opportunity to hit clutch shots if he would just make the shots he took in the first 45 minutes. LOL!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Scoffs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 12 Aug 2001
Posts: 727

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:03 pm    Post subject:

Did I hear correctly that Josh Hart has the second most double doubles in the league at the shooting guard position? Wow!! He'll lead the league next season if he gets minutes.

His 3 pt percentage is at 38.7% now. I think he legit qualifies as another steal in the draft.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Nov 2015
Posts: 13634

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:12 pm    Post subject:

Scoffs wrote:
Did I hear correctly that Josh Hart has the second most double doubles in the league at the shooting guard position? Wow!! He'll lead the league next season if he gets minutes.

His 3 pt percentage is at 38.7% now. I think he legit qualifies as another steal in the draft.

That's not been in question for a while now, given the average production for a guy picked at #30.
_________________
https://j.gifs.com/Rnqnbk.gif
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Mar 2017
Posts: 1351

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:46 pm    Post subject:

Scoffs wrote:
Did I hear correctly that Josh Hart has the second most double doubles in the league at the shooting guard position? Wow!! He'll lead the league next season if he gets minutes.

His 3 pt percentage is at 38.7% now. I think he legit qualifies as another steal in the draft.


Wow that’s pretty impressive considering he was not in our rotation at the beginning of the year. He’s another steal and the Nets trade looks very favorable for us .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dao
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 Jan 2013
Posts: 5561

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:05 pm    Post subject:

Scoffs wrote:
Did I hear correctly that Josh Hart has the second most double doubles in the league at the shooting guard position? Wow!! He'll lead the league next season if he gets minutes.

His 3 pt percentage is at 38.7% now. I think he legit qualifies as another steal in the draft.
Thomas Bryant will probably be a steal as well. It just seems right. Lakers wouldn't have traded down if they didn't think they could get a steal. It will probably take a year or two to groom him, but zi expect Bryant to be a 3 and D center one day.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 1251

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:20 am    Post subject:

Dude been starting and playing well for weeks man

Can someone explain to me the war on articles? Seems like quite the fad to write as you might talk. Like many things, give it a few years and it will look pretty silly.

“What is an article? Basically, an article is an adjective. Like adjectives, articles modify nouns.

English has two articles: the and a/an. The is used to refer to specific or particular nouns.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Jul 2012
Posts: 30054
Location: Holland

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:24 am    Post subject:

Let reporters write articles
_________________
Purple and Banana
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 21723

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:51 am    Post subject:

Scoffs wrote:
Did I hear correctly that Josh Hart has the second most double doubles in the league at the shooting guard position? Wow!! He'll lead the league next season if he gets minutes.

His 3 pt percentage is at 38.7% now. I think he legit qualifies as another steal in the draft.


Yeah. He trails only Tyreke Evans. What's amazing is that there are 20 SGs that have at least 1 double-double, and Hart averages fewer mins than all but 2 of them. And those 2 only have 1 double-double.

Although, I will say, it's sort of unfair because Hart has games of like 3 mins and then 33 mins whereas the other guys are probably consistently getting 20-something minutes.

Either way, an unbelievable accomplishment and the kid is only going to get better. He really reminds me of Derek Fisher in a way. Not in that Kuzma/Cook way guys, lol, but more, a really heady player, not flashy, blue collar type grinder, reliable, etc.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
tkLAKERS
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 03 Nov 2010
Posts: 227

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:13 am    Post subject:

I really like the kid. Very impressive poise and temperament on top of his skill set.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Jul 2012
Posts: 30054
Location: Holland

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:26 am    Post subject:

Hope he starts from here on out
_________________
Purple and Banana
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 59729
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:12 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Scoffs wrote:
Did I hear correctly that Josh Hart has the second most double doubles in the league at the shooting guard position? Wow!! He'll lead the league next season if he gets minutes.

His 3 pt percentage is at 38.7% now. I think he legit qualifies as another steal in the draft.


Yeah. He trails only Tyreke Evans. What's amazing is that there are 20 SGs that have at least 1 double-double, and Hart averages fewer mins than all but 2 of them. And those 2 only have 1 double-double.

Although, I will say, it's sort of unfair because Hart has games of like 3 mins and then 33 mins whereas the other guys are probably consistently getting 20-something minutes.

Either way, an unbelievable accomplishment and the kid is only going to get better. He really reminds me of Derek Fisher in a way. Not in that Kuzma/Cook way guys, lol, but more, a really heady player, not flashy, blue collar type grinder, reliable, etc.


*Intangibles.
_________________
Resident Car Nut.
Troy Brown, Kevin Huerter, Chandler Hutchison, De'Anthony Melton, Jerome Robinson, Aaron Holiday, Bruce Brown, Donte Divincenzo, Josh Okogie
Jarred Vanderbilt, Landry Shamet, Alize Johnson
@Lakersoutsiders
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 5650
Location: San Diego, California

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:14 pm    Post subject:

Still the best guard on the team as of right now... haha.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 119, 120, 121  Next
Page 75 of 121
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB