JOSH "Fortnite" HART (Named Summer League MVP, p.112)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 119, 120, 121  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
AirTupac
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 04 Feb 2018
Posts: 415

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:15 pm    Post subject:

Josh Hart is the man!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Sep 2008
Posts: 17457
Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:29 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Still the best guard on the team as of right now... haha.
I agree
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Apr 2007
Posts: 6555

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:31 pm    Post subject:

Watching his post-game interview right now - he's officially assumed LNJ's duties as the team spokesperson.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 31932

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:41 am    Post subject:

Josh Hart made us quickly forget about losing Nwaba

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RN62kB0AoqM
_________________
www.trendydeckpost.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 1923

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Josh Hart now projected to have higher ceiling than DLO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u57NvPtajNg&pbjreload=10
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 93571
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject:

ChickenBeckerman wrote:
Josh Hart now projected to have higher ceiling than DLO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u57NvPtajNg&pbjreload=10


Eh. More like JC. Hart made JC's trade inevitable/possible. That's the real comparison to me.
_________________
We have LBJ.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Jul 2012
Posts: 30054
Location: Holland

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:05 pm    Post subject:

Ok but that's not the one that was being discussed in the vid
_________________
Purple and Banana
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 93571
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:06 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Ok but that's not the one that was being discussed in the vid


OK but I'm not commenting per se on the video?

JC's trade is a bit more relevant. If Hart didn't play like he has recently, not sure we move him.
_________________
We have LBJ.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Sep 2001
Posts: 7945
Location: Eagle Rock

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:22 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Maybe Hart can be a Horry/Fox level high end role player for us when we are finally back in the playoffs again. Love his poise.


The funny part is, I don't recall Horry or Fox being this high level of a role player.

I mean, I get that Hart is hot and has been averaging double doubles and I expect that to regress, but Rick Fox's best year was 15/5/4. Hart could have that as a career average. Fox broke double digits scoring-wise in his career what, four times?


100% agree. I'm a party pooper whenever I see people stroll down memory lane with only good memories. I've always thought the Lakers did the minimum for Shaq and Kobe. They almost didn't win 2 of the 3 titles, and I've always felt the supporting cast were the main culprits for all those white knuckle games. Robert Horry wouldn't have the opportunity to hit clutch shots if he would just make the shots he took in the first 45 minutes. LOL!


Yup, outside of the year we had Horace Grant and almost ran the table, those Shakobe Laker squads were very thin. I hated how many draft picks we wasted too on non-athletic "triangle fit" players like Brian Cook and Luke Walton LOL.

But then again how many shots is Fox going to see with two ball dominant players like Shaq and Kobe?
_________________
R.I.P. Doc Buss
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakeshow323
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 17 Nov 2016
Posts: 299
Location: LA

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:46 pm    Post subject:

To think we got this guy and Kuz back to back.

I love veteran college players.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief


Joined: 07 Sep 2001
Posts: 36099
Location: O.C.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:05 pm    Post subject:

Lakeshow323 wrote:
To think we got this guy and Kuz back to back.

I love veteran college players.


It's been our M.O. lately in late round picks and they are killing it with that strategy (aside from Anthony Brown).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Apr 2007
Posts: 6555

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:53 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
ChickenBeckerman wrote:
Josh Hart now projected to have higher ceiling than DLO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u57NvPtajNg&pbjreload=10


Eh. More like JC. Hart made JC's trade inevitable/possible. That's the real comparison to me.


We need an eye roll emoji here (in reference to the poster you're quoting). It would save us so many re-hashed arguments over Dlo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 59742
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:05 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Maybe Hart can be a Horry/Fox level high end role player for us when we are finally back in the playoffs again. Love his poise.


The funny part is, I don't recall Horry or Fox being this high level of a role player.

I mean, I get that Hart is hot and has been averaging double doubles and I expect that to regress, but Rick Fox's best year was 15/5/4. Hart could have that as a career average. Fox broke double digits scoring-wise in his career what, four times?


100% agree. I'm a party pooper whenever I see people stroll down memory lane with only good memories. I've always thought the Lakers did the minimum for Shaq and Kobe. They almost didn't win 2 of the 3 titles, and I've always felt the supporting cast were the main culprits for all those white knuckle games. Robert Horry wouldn't have the opportunity to hit clutch shots if he would just make the shots he took in the first 45 minutes. LOL!


Yup, outside of the year we had Horace Grant and almost ran the table, those Shakobe Laker squads were very thin. I hated how many draft picks we wasted too on non-athletic "triangle fit" players like Brian Cook and Luke Walton LOL.

But then again how many shots is Fox going to see with two ball dominant players like Shaq and Kobe?


That team needed a 3rd scorer so badly.

I don't want to get started on how poorly they drafted back then and repeatedly missed on this opportunity.
_________________
Resident Car Nut.
Troy Brown, Kevin Huerter, Chandler Hutchison, De'Anthony Melton, Jerome Robinson, Aaron Holiday, Bruce Brown, Donte Divincenzo, Josh Okogie
Jarred Vanderbilt, Landry Shamet, Alize Johnson
@Lakersoutsiders
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 22 Nov 2004
Posts: 25654

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:07 pm    Post subject:

ChickenBeckerman wrote:
Josh Hart now projected to have higher ceiling than DLO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u57NvPtajNg&pbjreload=10


I thinks so too... Hart looks coachable, he defends, he rebounds, he's faster... this can be a better 2nd string guard than Russell.
_________________
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 07 Jul 2001
Posts: 14367

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:07 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Maybe Hart can be a Horry/Fox level high end role player for us when we are finally back in the playoffs again. Love his poise.


The funny part is, I don't recall Horry or Fox being this high level of a role player.

I mean, I get that Hart is hot and has been averaging double doubles and I expect that to regress, but Rick Fox's best year was 15/5/4. Hart could have that as a career average. Fox broke double digits scoring-wise in his career what, four times?


100% agree. I'm a party pooper whenever I see people stroll down memory lane with only good memories. I've always thought the Lakers did the minimum for Shaq and Kobe. They almost didn't win 2 of the 3 titles, and I've always felt the supporting cast were the main culprits for all those white knuckle games. Robert Horry wouldn't have the opportunity to hit clutch shots if he would just make the shots he took in the first 45 minutes. LOL!


Yup, outside of the year we had Horace Grant and almost ran the table, those Shakobe Laker squads were very thin. I hated how many draft picks we wasted too on non-athletic "triangle fit" players like Brian Cook and Luke Walton LOL.

But then again how many shots is Fox going to see with two ball dominant players like Shaq and Kobe?


That team needed a 3rd scorer so badly.

I don't want to get started on how poorly they drafted back then and repeatedly missed on this opportunity.

wonderful mitch kupcake for yall
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 59742
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:09 pm    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Maybe Hart can be a Horry/Fox level high end role player for us when we are finally back in the playoffs again. Love his poise.


The funny part is, I don't recall Horry or Fox being this high level of a role player.

I mean, I get that Hart is hot and has been averaging double doubles and I expect that to regress, but Rick Fox's best year was 15/5/4. Hart could have that as a career average. Fox broke double digits scoring-wise in his career what, four times?


100% agree. I'm a party pooper whenever I see people stroll down memory lane with only good memories. I've always thought the Lakers did the minimum for Shaq and Kobe. They almost didn't win 2 of the 3 titles, and I've always felt the supporting cast were the main culprits for all those white knuckle games. Robert Horry wouldn't have the opportunity to hit clutch shots if he would just make the shots he took in the first 45 minutes. LOL!


Yup, outside of the year we had Horace Grant and almost ran the table, those Shakobe Laker squads were very thin. I hated how many draft picks we wasted too on non-athletic "triangle fit" players like Brian Cook and Luke Walton LOL.

But then again how many shots is Fox going to see with two ball dominant players like Shaq and Kobe?


That team needed a 3rd scorer so badly.

I don't want to get started on how poorly they drafted back then and repeatedly missed on this opportunity.

wonderful mitch kupcake for yall


The entire scout staff, from 2000 to 2005.
_________________
Resident Car Nut.
Troy Brown, Kevin Huerter, Chandler Hutchison, De'Anthony Melton, Jerome Robinson, Aaron Holiday, Bruce Brown, Donte Divincenzo, Josh Okogie
Jarred Vanderbilt, Landry Shamet, Alize Johnson
@Lakersoutsiders
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 23075

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:12 pm    Post subject:

ChickenBeckerman wrote:
Josh Hart now projected to have higher ceiling than DLO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u57NvPtajNg&pbjreload=10


Haha. Is that a video of the dummies in the morning on ESPN 710?
I stopped listening after I heard George's voice.

Hopefully DLO can play more games so we can get a good comparison.
Just for fun:

JH: orpm: -0.04, drpm: -0.81
DR: orpm: -1.35, drpm: -1.96

Per36
JH: 10.7 pts, 6.3 rebs, 2.0 asst
DR: 23.6 pts, 4.6 rebs, 6.7 asst

Advanced
JH: TS%: .585, 3Ar: .541, AST%: 07.5, TOV%: 10.3, USG%: 11.9, WS/48: +0.105
DR: TS%: .498, 3Ar: .498, AST%: 35.3, TOV%: 17.9, USG%: 34.7, WS/48: -0.029
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊
One more trade to get rid of the old regime's players!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 28936

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:08 pm    Post subject:

STEAL OF THE DRAFT. Haha
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Apr 2007
Posts: 6555

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:31 am    Post subject:

Dude's been automatic on open 3-pointers lately. 41.4% in 15 games as a starter on almost 5 attempts a game. Guys, that's BONKERS...he's just about everything you ask for in the ideal 3-and-D SG role player prospect.

Once Kuz gets his legs back (probably next season) and if Lonzo/BI continue to make strides with their respective shots, the entire young core sans Julius could conceivably be comprised of plus shooters and at every position but center (enter Thomas Bryant ). Add PG to that?

That would be one crazy transformation of the roster from the beginning of this season to next, with regards to shooting ability.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Scoffs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 12 Aug 2001
Posts: 727

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject:

Hart's becoming every bit as important as Kuz. He's improved his 3 pt shooting a lot since Summer League.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 13294

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:34 am    Post subject:

He's even better than usual 3 and Ds. Elite rebounding and transition play.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dao
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 Jan 2013
Posts: 5561

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Scoffs wrote:
Hart's becoming every bit as important as Kuz. He's improved his 3 pt shooting a lot since Summer League.
Hart is the better all around player, for now at least. Kuzma has more upside, but he's got to make huge strides defensively.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 May 2011
Posts: 2282

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:43 am    Post subject:

If IT will be going back to his 4th quarter days then Hart should honestly close out quarters over KCP.
_________________
Tacos

Formerly known as Nashlight
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JeezyXVII
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Jul 2014
Posts: 1364

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:56 am    Post subject:

I think the development and emergence of Hart over the past few months made JC more expandable.

Scoring, defense, rebounding, confident and good bball IQ.
Love this kids game alot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 Jul 2004
Posts: 1606

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:59 am    Post subject:

He's honestly too good to be a bench player. He's damn near perfect.
_________________
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 119, 120, 121  Next
Page 76 of 121
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB