JOSH "Fortnite" HART (Backup PF)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 102, 103, 104 ... 161, 162, 163  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:17 pm    Post subject:

I am all for Hart starting, I think he is better than KCP. BUT Lebron and KCP are a package so I doubt that Hart will start. With his play, I am sure that Luke will find many minutes for him even if he is not starting.
Intlakeshow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:35 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
MJST wrote:
I'd rather we start Hart at the 2 over KCP whom I feel is redundant at this point with Hart having the higher upside.

I would too but it's hard to see them signing KCP for $12 million to come off the bench. However, it is interesting that Luke said all the starting spots are open this year besides Lebron's. Camp is going to be great!

you also have to consider that KCP a one year rental and will likely be a casualty to a big FA we sign next year. So why give KCP starter minutes over Hart who is already better and still growing as a 2nd year player?

It's easy. Who is represented by Klutch/

KCP does everything Hart does and he’s more athletic, more proven, and more experienced. I like Hart too but Jesus, some you are talking about KCP like he’s Lance Stephenson. Now if someone like Lance takes minutes away from Hart, then we have a problem.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:36 pm    Post subject:

Intlakeshow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
MJST wrote:
I'd rather we start Hart at the 2 over KCP whom I feel is redundant at this point with Hart having the higher upside.

I would too but it's hard to see them signing KCP for $12 million to come off the bench. However, it is interesting that Luke said all the starting spots are open this year besides Lebron's. Camp is going to be great!

you also have to consider that KCP a one year rental and will likely be a casualty to a big FA we sign next year. So why give KCP starter minutes over Hart who is already better and still growing as a 2nd year player?

KCP does everything Hart does and he’s more athletic, more proven, and more experienced. I like Hart too but Jesus, some you are talking about KCP like he’s Lance Stephenson. Now if someone like Lance takes minutes away from Hart, then we have a problem.

I have KCP starting and splitting minutes with Hart.

But the Klutch connection is undeniable. KCP is getting paid $30m for 2 years of work. He probably gets 4 years, total of $32m somewhere if he's not a Klutch client. Good for him. And good for us that he's a decent player.
Intlakeshow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:42 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Intlakeshow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
MJST wrote:

But the Klutch connection is undeniable. KCP is getting paid $30m for 2 years of work. He probably gets 4 years, total of $32m somewhere if he's not a Klutch client. Good for him. And good for us that he's a decent player.

My point is that even if he wasn’t a Klutch guy, it’s very justifiable to start him over Hart. Either way we’re gonna be in a good situation with one of those guys coming off the bench.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:43 pm    Post subject:

Intlakeshow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Intlakeshow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
MJST wrote:

My point is that even if he wasn’t a Klutch guy, it’s very justifiable to start him over Hart. Either way we’re gonna be in a good situation with one of those guys coming off the bench.

But you can't discount that at all. He wouldn't have been paid $18m last year to be on the Lakers if they weren't using him and Rich Paul to backdoor recruit LBJ.

And it's a down payment I'm glad we paid.
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Intlakeshow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
MJST wrote:

No, no, no. KCP does not defend like hart. Maybe guards but not able to switch on bigger guys like Hart. I think Hart has become the better shooter as well but time will tell. The perfect answer here is: Have hart sign with Klutch...
crucifixion
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Hart is going to be a solid role player for us like a Tony Allen or Trevor Ariza.
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:53 pm    Post subject:

As a starter last year:
Hart shot 50% and 42% from three. He avg 5 threes a game. He also got you 6 boards and a steal. This was in 30 min a game for 26 games.

AND he's gotten better...no brainer. But we will let camp play out. It's a very good problem to have because i like KCP as well.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:54 pm    Post subject:

crucifixion wrote:
Hart is going to be a solid role player for us like a Tony Allen or Trevor Ariza.

[Strike] Allen. Hart can shoot.
MickMgl
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:04 pm    Post subject:

Intlakeshow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
MJST wrote:

Shoot better than 41% from the field? Shoot 40% from the arc? Rebound?

I disagree that he's more athletic. He is more experienced, which is sort of the same as proven. Except, I guess, that one can "prove" themselves in a variety of ways, like coming up big for a championship team at the college level.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:08 pm    Post subject:

Hart should start over KCP. He’s better at everything
RJ_LA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:09 pm    Post subject:

This guy doesn't even need to play in SL, but he's out there, cuz he's HUNGRY.
I frikkin "HART" this kid.

In the near future he's gonna hit a big 3 or get a big steal in the playoffs.
Intlakeshow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:45 pm    Post subject:

MickMgl wrote:
Intlakeshow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
MJST wrote:

I disagree that he's more athletic. He is more experienced, which is sort of the same as proven. Except, I guess, that one can "prove" themselves in a variety of ways, like coming up big for a championship team at the college level.

Hart is a 3&D guy just like KCP is and they both have pretty similar efficiency numbers, plus KCP did his damage against starters while Hart was mostly playing against bench players. IF you can’t see that one is clearly more athletic than the other, then I don’t know what to tell you. Experience and reliability aren’t the same, Brian Scalabrine has a lot of NBA experience, but he never proved (bleep).

My point is that it wouldn’t be an injustice to start KCP by any stretch at this point in their careers. I love Hart and I think he will be a very good player for us for a long time, but let’s stop acting like killing it in the summer league is anything special. As a matter of fact, I wish they shut him down, no sense risking an injury to play a couple extra meaningless(for him) games.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:41 am    Post subject:

Josh Hart's Improved Scoring Ability

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/7/12/17559280/laker-film-room-josh-hart-lakers-las-vegas-summer-league-nba-stats-video
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:51 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:

KCP is better coming off screens and better playing the passing lanes. For the record, I prefer Hart long-term and he's one of my favorite players.
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:07 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Josh Hart's Improved Scoring Ability

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/7/12/17559280/laker-film-room-josh-hart-lakers-las-vegas-summer-league-nba-stats-video

Love the blurb about what KCP does coming off screens. It is likely the reason he starts over Hart for now. Well, besides the vast difference in salary.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:13 am    Post subject:

Intlakeshow wrote:
MickMgl wrote:
Intlakeshow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
MJST wrote:

Hart is a 3&D guy just like KCP is and they both have pretty similar efficiency numbers, plus KCP did his damage against starters while Hart was mostly playing against bench players. IF you can’t see that one is clearly more athletic than the other, then I don’t know what to tell you. Experience and reliability aren’t the same, Brian Scalabrine has a lot of NBA experience, but he never proved (bleep).

My point is that it wouldn’t be an injustice to start KCP by any stretch at this point in their careers. I love Hart and I think he will be a very good player for us for a long time, but let’s stop acting like killing it in the summer league is anything special. As a matter of fact, I wish they shut him down, no sense risking an injury to play a couple extra meaningless(for him) games.

Hart plays much more smart and within the offense. KCP goes full space cadet too many times. Hart was only a rookie... KCP was in his fifth NBA season.
But most of all again... we are gearing up for a championship push starting in the 2019-2020 season where KCP will most likely not be resigned to make cap space for another all-star. So why on earth would we give KCP starter minutes on a 1-year rental when Hart can be using those minutes to get as much experience as he can so he's ready to really kill it in the 2019 season?
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:26 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
Intlakeshow wrote:
MickMgl wrote:
Intlakeshow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
MJST wrote:

Hart plays much more smart and within the offense. KCP goes full space cadet too many times. Hart was only a rookie... KCP was in his fifth NBA season.
But most of all again... we are gearing up for a championship push starting in the 2019-2020 season where KCP will most likely not be resigned to make cap space for another all-star. So why on earth would we give KCP starter minutes on a 1-year rental when Hart can be using those minutes to get as much experience as he can so he's ready to really kill it in the 2019 season?

KCP did much better at the end of the year. His bad stretch I thought was when he was when he had his off court issues where he was actually in jail and coming out to play.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:33 am    Post subject:

SL MVP
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:35 am    Post subject:

Dude looks really good like above the competition similar to how Klay Thompson was dominating in his second year.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:37 am    Post subject:

OC Lakerfan wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

KCP is better coming off screens and better playing the passing lanes. For the record, I prefer Hart long-term and he's one of my favorite players.

Do you have the numbers for that? Not saying you're wrong I'd just like to see the data of each players effectiveness by play type
MickMgl
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:36 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
Intlakeshow wrote:
MickMgl wrote:
Intlakeshow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
MJST wrote:

Aren't their top free agent targets in 2019 mostly shooting guards?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
SL MVP

Would be nice..
Back-to-back championships and back-to-back MVPs.
We back!
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:45 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

Do you have the numbers for that? Not saying you're wrong I'd just like to see the data of each players effectiveness by play type

Here are some numbers to draw your own conclusions.

KCP
ORPM .88
DRPM -0.32
RPM 0.56

Hart
ORPM 0.31
DRPM -1.04
RPM -0.73

KCP
OBPM .6
DBPM .4
BPM 1

Hart
OBPM -.3
DBPM .2
BPM -.1

not what you asked for but something to look at
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:48 pm    Post subject:

I’m team Hart, but KCP’s speed on fast breaks shouldn’t be overlooked.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 102, 103, 104 ... 161, 162, 163  Next
Page 103 of 163
Jump to: