Does anyone else know that LO got a 650 on his SAT?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:08 am    Post subject:

lakernet wrote:
And yet he's making millions of dollars playing basketball while you're posting on a message board.
Owned!
karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: Does anyone else know that LO got a 650 on his SAT?

daniel80111 wrote:
You get 450 for writing your name correctly. This explains everything...boneheaded plays, not being able to understand the triangle...etc.
And you know this how??? Have a link, or are we supposed to take this on faith? :roll: I agree, this is a new low. I can't believe a Laker fan would hate on a Laker player like this. It's disgusting.
NY_LakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: Does anyone else know that LO got a 650 on his SAT?

karlmalonefan wrote:
daniel80111 wrote:
You get 450 for writing your name correctly. This explains everything...boneheaded plays, not being able to understand the triangle...etc.
And you know this how??? Have a link, or are we supposed to take this on faith? :roll: I agree, this is a new low. I can't believe a Laker fan would hate on a Laker player like this. It's disgusting.

I think you just nailed it karlmalonefan ... this daniel80111 who started this thread cannot truly be a Laker fan. This is just another case of a Laker hater coming in to our forum to cause problems. He should be banned.
karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: Does anyone else know that LO got a 650 on his SAT?

Just_Looking wrote:
karlmalonefan wrote:
daniel80111 wrote:

I think you just nailed it karlmalonefan ... this daniel80111 who started this thread cannot truly be a Laker fan. This is just another case of a Laker hater coming in to our forum to cause problems. He should be banned.
Yeah, it's painfully clear that some posters on this board have no idea what the term 'bleed purple and gold' means.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:02 am    Post subject:

Look at the army of "us" who followed that (bleep)! That is even more dissapointing!
karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:08 am    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
Look at the army of "us" who followed that (bleep)! That is even more dissapointing!
Yeah, some people believe anything they read on the internet...sheep mentality. No one even questioned it for about 3 pages! Yikes...and this is what passes for Laker fans these days, huh? :roll:
thedude1977
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:18 am    Post subject:

daniel80111 wrote:
Further,
I find it humorous how this “cousin” would come so quickly to defend
the intellect of Lamar Odom, when IT IS A WELL KNOWN THAT LAMAR CHEATED
ON HIS ACT’S (American College Test). At Christ the King he ranked
312th in a class of 334, yet somehow finished in the top 42% in the
country on the ACT with 22 of 36. The SAT equivalent to a 22 is a
score of 1030. Five months before taking the ACT, Odom admitted to
newspapers that he got a 630 on the SAT. A 400 point improvement in 5
months, on a test that is an indicator of life-long schooling? Let the
facts fall where they may, cousin O. At least Rashidi can smile
knowing that he got a higher SAT mark without cheating. 0:-
)

This is just specious logic. I barely finished high school, was definitely in the bottom 10% of my class, and I got an even 30 on my ACT, and the equal on my SATs. Since when was there any correlation between your desire to do well in school and your ability to do well on tests?
Nice "proof."
dubaholic1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject:

da ocho wrote:
lamar=towelie.

Savory Griddles
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject:

Zhengi wrote:
Who cares? I'd rather have athletic ability and be as smart as Odom and make millions than score high on the SAT and work at a job that pays $60K a year.

Ah, yes. Ignorance is bliss.
NY_LakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:47 am    Post subject:

dubaholic1 wrote:
da ocho wrote:
lamar=towelie.

you are both trolls and should be banned
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Just Looking -- Wow Hunter ... we agree AGAIN. Twice in the same week is defintely a record.

The end of the world may be upon us!

The endless cheapshots about his drug suspension were juvenile, but at least the drug suspension has some connection to the NBA. Picking on his SAT score (if it is even true) is just pathetic. People would be shocked to see the standardized test scores of a lot of Hall of Fame athletes. If there was any meaningful relationship between standardized test scores and athletic performance, the NCAA would never have needed to pass Prop 48.
Kobe_Please_Stay
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject:

karlmalonefan wrote:
lakernet wrote:
And yet he's making millions of dollars playing basketball while you're posting on a message board.
Owned!

THANK YOU!

Could not have said it better...the man went to College, then became a professional basketball player, and raking in the millions...SAT SCORE, SAT WHAT?
daniel80111
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject:

btw I've been a die hard Laker fan since 1989, but I should have never made this thread since it really doesn't accomplish anything...it should be LOCKED.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject:

Plenty of people say and do dumb things or aren't book smart. Bill Gates dropped out of college, Larry Ellison never made it into college and they are two of the richest men in the world.

This does remind me of a story though. I went to Cal, which is where Jason Kidd when to school. He was infamous there for his bone-headedness. He crashed his car on the freeway and made a run for it when eyewitnesses were calling his name. He also had a quote where he said he was going to help turn the basketball program around "360 degrees".
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject:

daniel80111 wrote:
IT IS A WELL KNOWN THAT LAMAR CHEATED
ON HIS ACT’S (American College Test). At Christ the King he ranked
312th in a class of 334, yet somehow finished in the top 42% in the
country on the ACT with 22 of 36. The SAT equivalent to a 22 is a
score of 1030. Five months before taking the ACT, Odom admitted to
newspapers that he got a 630 on the SAT. A 400 point improvement in 5
months, on a test that is an indicator of life-long schooling? Let the
facts fall where they may, cousin O. At least Rashidi can smile
knowing that he got a higher SAT mark without cheating.

Quote:
Simmons is so loyal to Vetrone that he followed him from Irvine to UNLV, where this fall he'll join Vetrone's highest-profile recruit yet, Lamar Odom. A 6'9" forward, Odom is the gemstone of the 1997 recruiting class and, as fate would have it, played for Gary Charles, his AAU coach and adviser. Odom's test score hasn't been investigated. But at Christ the King High in Queens, where he played his first three seasons of high school basketball, Odom scraped by with a 71.2 average, barely above passing, and ranked 312th in a class of 334. Then he pinballed through three schools in his senior year, leaving behind an academic record so dodgy that the colleges pursuing him--including Connecticut, Fresno State, Kentucky and UCLA--expected him to go straight to the NBA.

His transcript, faxed anonymously to SI with a cover sheet reading, "If you're interested in entrance test fraud, this is example A," shows that Odom nonetheless scored a 22 on the ACT--a score that puts him in the top 42% nationwide for all students. "The Odom thing pisses me off because we were told by everybody that we had no chance because he was going pro," says Fresno State coach Jerry Tarkanian. "They said he couldn't pass the test and never went to class."

The SAT equivalent of a 22 is a 1030. Last summer Odom told the New York Daily News that he had scored 630 on a practice test at the beginning of an SAT prep course and by the end had brought his score up to 820. Odom told SI he took another test-prep course in the fall before sitting for the ACT on Oct. 26, and that helps explain his further rise to 1030.

A rise of 400 points over five months would seem to make a mockery of standardized tests, whose creators bill them as measurements of a student's lifelong schooling. Even the people who run test-preparation services would hesitate to take credit for back-to-back 190- and 210-point jumps achieved in less than half a year. Jay Rosner, an attorney with the Princeton Review Foundation who has successfully litigated a case to force ETS to accept a similar increase, says such jumps are possible but "atypical and unusual." He adds that while there is some cumulative benefit to taking several prep courses, switching from one test to the other would make that benefit marginal. If he worked in test security, Rosner says, "I would begin to look at other factors to make myself more comfortable with that score."

Odom says he took the test in Plainview, N.Y. and passed it fair and square. "I won't lie," he says. "In the classroom I lose focus too easy. I get lazy. But when I don't let nothing distract me, I'm good at whatever I do."

http://www.science.smith.edu/exer_sci/ESS200/Ed/Yeager.htm
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject:

Socks wrote:
Plenty of people say and do dumb things or aren't book smart. Bill Gates dropped out of college, Larry Ellison never made it into college and they are two of the richest men in the world.

This does remind me of a story though. I went to Cal, which is where Jason Kidd when to school. He was infamous there for his bone-headedness. He crashed his car on the freeway and made a run for it when eyewitnesses were calling his name. He also had a quote where he said he was going to help turn the basketball program around "360 degrees".

He may have dropped out of college, but he was going to Harvard in the first place.

Better example would be George Bush going to Yale and not being so smart in real life, although his entrance to Yale probably had more to do with his father's credentials than his own as an applicant.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
crashed his car on the freeway and made a run for it when eyewitnesses were calling his name.

Socks, I think you broke a couple of my ribs! (wiping tears from face)
Damn that was funny!

I could just see silly fans chasing him for miles just trying to get his autograph while Jason is just looking for a place to lay low till the heat blows over!

Good stuff.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject:

shnjb wrote:
Socks wrote:

He may have dropped out of college, but he was going to Harvard in the first place.

Better example would be George Bush going to Yale and not being so smart in real life, although his entrance to Yale probably had more to do with his father's credentials than his own as an applicant.

His father, George H.W. Bush probably gained entry to Yale on the strength of being the son of Senator Prescott Bush. And so it goes.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject:

Damn, does George JR have any children? I guess we can assume that child is next huh? George just has to remember to say no, if Dick Chaney ask him to go on the next hunting trip and he should be ok...
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
Damn, does George JR have any children? I guess we can assume that child is next huh? George just has to remember to say no, if Dick Chaney ask him to go on the next hunting trip and he should be ok...

Yes, but they represent further dilution of the gene pool.

Time-out for a stupid story. In one of my agitated (angry puppy) moments, I complained to a classmate about how Yale shouldn't be considered a meritocracy, as it was populated with so many brain-dead legacies. Two days later, a friend approached me and said, "I can't believe you said that to a member of the Vanderbilt family!" That wasn't even his last name. How was I to know the frigging Vanderbilt family tree?
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
Quote:
crashed his car on the freeway and made a run for it when eyewitnesses were calling his name.

Socks, I think you broke a couple of my ribs! (wiping tears from face)
Damn that was funny!

I could just see silly fans chasing him for miles just trying to get his autograph while Jason is just looking for a place to lay low till the heat blows over!

Good stuff.

I can testify to the suggestion that Jason Kidd is a dumbass.
A grad student I'm working with, who is obviously an OLD grad student, told me that he went to the same high school as Jason Kidd and got to know him a little bit.
They weren't buddies per se, but he definitely got to know Kidd enough to know that he was a complete moron.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject:

I didn't think this thread could dip any lower, but it has. We've gone from (a) Lamar Odom supposedly making a 650 on his SAT to (b) Lamar Odom making a 630 on his first attempt on a practice SAT, then supposedly cheating to get his actual score over 1000.

I've never done this before, but . . . . .
karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject:

daniel80111 wrote:
I should have never made this thread since it really doesn't accomplish anything...it should be LOCKED.
That's the only thing you've been right about today, brother...

Last edited by karlmalonefan on Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
I didn't think this thread could dip any lower, but it has. We've gone from (a) Lamar Odom supposedly making a 650 on his SAT to (b) Lamar Odom making a 630 on his first attempt on a practice SAT, then supposedly cheating to get his actual score over 1000.

I've never done this before, but . . . . .

Everyone knows Lamar scored over 1000 in the first 47 minutes of the test.
LakerFan4L
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject:

It has alot to do with him going to Rhode Island for college.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: