Is the answer to the recent trade rumors hidden in Emplay's recent article?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:23 am    Post subject:

24 was not my thing. I like watching "Arrest Development," but now it is off the air.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject:

this is the most insane thread i've ever seen.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject:

emplay wrote:
24 had nothing to do with a player personnel move - it's a tv show.

So? You're saying that the answer to your hidden message is in the next 24 Show????

WOW!!!! :roll:
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject:

eldrunko714 wrote:
Zaius wrote:
How about a trade of "Jurassic proportions"? Could this be a trade with the Raptors that they are hinting about?

No that was in a previous report. Eric said he put that in as a hint but I don't think anyone picked up on it. After Bender and Boozergate I doubt any Laker insider would put themselves out there.

Don't worry, Zaius, I get the joke. Must be the paleontology I took in college.
cinimod
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject:

It's fun though...Allow me to contribute to the conspiracy theories...

Here's the part from Emplay's article where he talks about possibilities:

"Could the Lakers make a run at the list of players allegedly on the block: Carlos Boozer (even with the injuries?), Kelvin Cato, Jamal Crawford, Reggie Evans, Dan Gadzuric, Drew Gooden, Steven Hunter, Marc Jackson, Brevin Knight, Kenyon Martin, Ronald Murray, Ruben Patterson, Vladimir Radmanovic, Theo Ratliff, Quentin Richardson and/or Earl Watson? Any stand out as a player that can immediately make the Lakers a better team?

Frankly most don't, but perhaps two or three . . . although one in particular has recently been rumored as a possible Laker acquisition.

Big names like Paul Pierce, Steve Francis, Stephon Marbury and Rashard Lewis seem unattainable for what the Lakers have to offer. After some reflection, all but one look unappealing as fits in the triangle offense (and he isn't a guard)."

24 is not a reference to a player per Emplay, but evidently he does mention the particular player in this article, and he also mentions it's not a guard.

I think theres something in the statement "After some reflection." With the "24" reference seemingly coming out of the blue, this would lead me to believe that the number 42 may be involved.

Based on the players mentioned, the number 42, the center position being the easiest to pick up in the tri, and all the other factors mentioned, I'm thinkin it's Theo Ratliff...
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject:

emplay wrote:
24 had nothing to do with a player personnel move - it's a tv show.

But wouldn't Jack Bauer be one hell of an enforcer. If someone hits Kobe with a flagrant, Jack would pull his knife and threaten to cut the guy's eye out. Kobe would average 50 with Jack by his side.
AmoebaD
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:04 am    Post subject:

>548<

Actually, 24's been sort of disappointing this year:

You know he's never going to die, so it's like: :roll: Hoh, boy, here we go again...

You know there's that one CTU employee who has a messed up relative who's going to screw things up down the line in the plot / story. That's inevitable.

That same said employee is always hardnosed to a fault and is always worried about their "Authoritay" and is always wrong. That same said employee's relative always gets killed / messed up in the end and they end up regretful and heartbroken and quitting / retiring.

You know that Jack'll never catch the main bad guy until the very end.

You know that all twenty [fill in the blank] will be on the brink of destruction and then Jack'll punch in the dis-arm code at the very last second after capturing and torturing the main bad guy; after which that same said bad guy escapes and there ensues the hunt for that main bad guy who always pulls his gun out and someone ends up shooting him and he dies with this horrified look on his face with his eyes wide open at the very end.

You know that there's going to be this ridiculously complicated conspiracy that doesn't involve the as depicted clueless head of state but which involves manipulating the said weak-minded fools (who are inevitably so naive you don't know how they got to that high an office) into plotting against Jack Bauer at first... :roll: After which is revealed to everyone in the story the as depicted clueless head of state's naivete or stupidity then everything gets on the right track and everybody is behind Jack Bauer and is helplessly listening on the ubiquitous intercom for Jack to do something (to save the world :roll: ) after which they inevitably shut their eyes really tight and scowl and go YESSS!!! with a lot of actorly conviction...

Oh, and Jack never gets the girl in the end: either she shuns him because she's sick of and because of his job or she's killed in the end.

Oh, and we have to continuously listen to jack / keifer weaze through his mouth for nearly half the entire season...

And, of course, you know that all the terrorists are thinking about are how they can blow up / melt down / gas up / destroy Los Angeles...

HehHehHeh...! Yeah, you know how irrational and violent those Lakers haters really are...!

---

Number 24:

HehHeh... I bet you it's Richie Frahm...

You Can't Always Get What You Want
LakersPimp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject:

AmoebaD wrote:
>548<

Actually, 24's been sort of disappointing this year:

You know he's never going to die, so it's like: :roll: Hoh, boy, here we go again...

You know there's that one CTU employee who has a messed up relative who's going to screw things up down the line in the plot / story. That's inevitable.

That same said employee is always hardnosed to a fault and is always worried about their "Authoritay" and is always wrong. That same said employee's relative always gets killed / messed up in the end and they end up regretful and heartbroken and quitting / retiring.

You know that Jack'll never catch the main bad guy until the very end.

You know that all twenty [fill in the blank] will be on the brink of destruction and then Jack'll punch in the dis-arm code at the very last second after capturing and torturing the main bad guy; after which that same said bad guy escapes and there ensues the hunt for that main bad guy who always pulls his gun out and someone ends up shooting him and he dies with this horrified look on his face with his eyes wide open at the very end.

You know that there's going to be this ridiculously complicated conspiracy that doesn't involve the as depicted clueless head of state but which involves manipulating the said weak-minded fools (who are inevitably so naive you don't know how they got to that high an office) into plotting against Jack Bauer at first... :roll: After which is revealed to everyone in the story the as depicted clueless head of state's naivete or stupidity then everything gets on the right track and everybody is behind Jack Bauer and is helplessly listening on the ubiquitous intercom for Jack to do something (to save the world :roll: ) after which they inevitably shut their eyes really tight and scowl and go YESSS!!! with a lot of actorly conviction...

Oh, and Jack never gets the girl in the end: either she shuns him because she's sick of and because of his job or she's killed in the end.

Oh, and we have to continuously listen to jack / keifer weaze through his mouth for nearly half the entire season...

And, of course, you know that all the terrorists are thinking about are how they can blow up / melt down / gas up / destroy Los Angeles...

HehHehHeh...! Yeah, you know how irrational and violent those Lakers haters really are...!

---

Number 24:

HehHeh... I bet you it's Richie Frahm...
Its still a good show...where are the canisters?????
Bradyda-LeSueur
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:57 am    Post subject: Re: Is the answer to the recent trade rumors hidden in Emplay's recent article?

eldrunko714 wrote:
Ok so the mods at CL are talking like they know something. Hinting but not willing to reveal any names. This poster Sky seems to be implying something will go down. Here is a qoute from one of the Mods that direct you towards Emplay's report for possible answers:

Quote:
It definitely does! Please go over emplay's last report Swol. You might find the answers there.

But '07 is impacted alot by this rumor. In what manner, I just can't say. I'm sorry! I'm not gonna step on their shoes...I'm gonna let the true insiders answer that one.

Being that Emplay likes to put hints and hidden messages in his reports "It would take a deal of Jurassic proportions" I was thinking to myself could there be something in this recent report? Ok I may sound like a crazy conspiracy theorist but I'll give a shot anyways. The 23 is the trade deadline. Eric follows that up with a "Watching the Lakers season has been more stressful than the weekly dose of 24 on Fox. " "Certainly one can see parallels between Kobe Bryant and the protagonist Jack Bauer. Will Bryant evade the gauntlet of double and triple teams thrown recently at him night in and night out, with his cohorts falling at his side (Lamar Odom out for two games, Chris Mihm still on the shelf)? Maybe he should change his jersey number to 24 . . .

Two references to the number 24. I'm not gonna pretend like I know who the Lakers are going after but I checked the entire league for players who wore the number 24 and here's what I came up with:

24 Richard Jefferson
24 Jamal Mashburn
24 Morris Peterson
24 Othella Harrington
24 Donyell Marshall
24 Jonathan Bender
24 Marvin Williams
24 Jason Kapono
24 Jarvis Hayes
24 Pavel Podkolzin
24 Bobby Jackson
24 Desmond Mason
24 Andre Miller
24 Richie Frahm
24 Mateen Cleaves

Anything to it Eric? Just give me a winky face if I'm on the right track.

Also "On local radio, Magic Johnson said he felt the Lakers were two players away: a good one . . . and a role player."

More than one trade?

2 trades??? One role and one good...ok then that probably means the bolded names...any one of thsoe guys would probably be good...maybe not mashburn but meh...whatever works...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: