Lavar Ball thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2016
Posts: 1152

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
LaVar Ball crossed the line and isn't worthy of our attention
lol. addidas crossed the line by taking the ref off of the tourny. they should've had a talk with her and lavar and said look guys. this is AAU. this is supposed to be an open free flowing style of basketball. there's a lot of loud mouth coaches out there. they dont mean any harm. as long as they dont call you out of your name. no techs Ms College Ref. And that should've been that.

but addidas showed you how they feel about refs/or even lady refs. they dont care. they only care if it looks bad and could hurt their wallets. which is why they later apologized. non of these corps care. they always do things after the fact.

and now lets address why he took his team out that first time.

Quote:
The referees were cheating,” Ball said. “I can see cheating when I see it. But when I said let’s go, not one of my guys turned and looked at the other guy and was like, what are we doing, what’s going on? They all got their stuff. Loyalty, let’s go. We go as a team, we come as a team. That’s what people didn’t get. They were like, ‘Oh he’s quitting and doesn’t know the parents want to see the kids play.’ They don’t understand. Every kid on that team, I train. Nobody does that.

“What they going to say? Who’s going to ask me why about anything? When I do things, they roll with me, no matter what. Right or wrong, they’re gone. I got their best interest in their kids. I’m not going to let them guys get fouled and knocked down, they’re 13, 14 years old. It’s better for me to say, ‘Yo let’s go,’ before I turn into a raving maniac when you break my son’s leg or something. I know what to do. I’m going to get out of there before it really gets crazy.”

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/07/lavar-ball-aau-lamelo-ball



^^i told you guys its not always about "just push thru it." there are times when you can see the blatant shenanigans going on. and especially if its refs not giving your kids their due foul calls and they are mostly smaller and thinner guys. Notice these big games we see his team playing in. They keep playing teams of guys that are just bigger(same age probably but bigger in stature). You can't keep hitting these kids like that or someone will end up hurt. that is when you make an executive decision to back out of the game and let the shady refs have it. Your kids learn a lesson of when to hold em and when to fold em. maybe some of you guys didnt play basketball where it was darn near a fight every other time because guys were fouling and egos were getting real big. So you have a choice. fist fight or walk off the court and go home. is it about fighting or balling? its supposed to be about balling. is it about hacking with no calls or basketball? its supposed to be about basketball.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Apr 2006
Posts: 13972

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject:

Lol.
_________________
Music is my medicine
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 38988
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
I think people are over exaggerating Lavar's antics... it's in the same mold as Conor McGregor/Mayweather, be as provocative as possible, no publicity is bad publicity, etc, etc. Lavar being Politically incorrect against female ref/reporter is no different than Conor McGregor gyrating his hips for his 'black female fans'. This guy is a successful father, call it what it is, loud mouth basketball parent and no more than that


You're right, it is. And those guys are douchebags as well. I don't ascribe to the "other people do it as well, so it's OK . . ." notion.
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 5897

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
governator wrote:
I think people are over exaggerating Lavar's antics... it's in the same mold as Conor McGregor/Mayweather, be as provocative as possible, no publicity is bad publicity, etc, etc. Lavar being Politically incorrect against female ref/reporter is no different than Conor McGregor gyrating his hips for his 'black female fans'. This guy is a successful father, call it what it is, loud mouth basketball parent and no more than that


You're right, it is. And those guys are douchebags as well. I don't ascribe to the "other people do it as well, so it's OK . . ." notion.


Ur right too DMR, I just don't see the loud mouthness as bad as you, annoying but that's about it. Guess everybody has a different tolerance to it
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 May 2005
Posts: 27632

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:32 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
This guy is a successful father


What does this mean? How low are we setting the bar now?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 5897

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:58 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Quote:
This guy is a successful father


What does this mean? How low are we setting the bar now?


Separate basketball from life. LaVar is an obnoxious loud mouth insulting father/coach of basketball players... that's it. Do any of us know anything about his life beside basketball, all we know is he's raising 3 sons who doesn't get into trouble and getting education
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 May 2005
Posts: 27632

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:58 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
Quote:
This guy is a successful father


What does this mean? How low are we setting the bar now?


Separate basketball from life. LaVar is an obnoxious loud mouth insulting father/coach of basketball players... that's it. Do any of us know anything about his life beside basketball, all we know is he's raising 3 sons who doesn't get into trouble and getting education


What education have they gotten? They play ball at a high level and will get a free ride because of it. Lonzo went to college to play basketball for 1 year and then left. His education is done for the foreseeable future, unless he decides to go back for some reason.

So, "not getting into trouble" is basically what we're praising this guy for? As it's been said before, that's a pretty damn low bar to set. Billions of fathers do that and don't have to act like an misogynous A-hole and cry-baby in doing so.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 38988
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:18 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Quote:
This guy is a successful father


What does this mean? How low are we setting the bar now?


This has always been the comment that gates me most about this. There is much more tan being a "successful" father than simply raising a successful athlete. There is MUCH more that goes into the package of being a solid, conscientious and appropriate parent.

Your kid should go into adulthood realizing that if the "success" you have laid out for them doesn't work out, they can still have the example of a calm, respectable and respectful parent to draw from for how to proceed in life.

This whole, "Lavar Ball has done a great job of raising a successful athlete, so we gotta sit back and accept the inappropriate behavior" attitude doesn't fly . . . AT ALL.
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2016
Posts: 1152

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
Quote:
This guy is a successful father


What does this mean? How low are we setting the bar now?


This has always been the comment that gates me most about this. There is much more tan being a "successful" father than simply raising a successful athlete. There is MUCH more that goes into the package of being a solid, conscientious and appropriate parent.

Your kid should go into adulthood realizing that if the "success" you have laid out for them doesn't work out, they can still have the example of a calm, respectable and respectful parent to draw from for how to proceed in life.

This whole, "Lavar Ball has done a great job of raising a successful athlete, so we gotta sit back and accept the inappropriate behavior" attitude doesn't fly . . . AT ALL.
see who says you have to be calm? you? who gave you the right to tell others the best way to parent?

Lets go over this one more time.

Lavar's kids from what we know do well in school.

lavar's kid's from what we know has not had any criminal issues.

lavar's kids from what we know all love one another, their mother, and their father.

Lonzo didn't pull a fultz and bail on the team just because he knew he was going one and done. he didn't bail on the classroom because he knew for a fact barring injury he was outta UCLA the moment the season ended. He handled it like a businessman.

His 3 kids are superstars and at least to this point. Non of them have let it completely go to their head. now that young one we have to keep an eye on. even lavar said that..he's the wild one. lol. 2 for 3 isn't bad if that's how it turns out.

and I surely am not giving all credit to lavar. mama ball put it 50% of the work too. and Loud mouth, supposedly misogynist pig, chauvinist pig, etc. Lavar Ball was the main one giving his wife props for keeping the kids competitive in the classroom as much as he kept them competitive on the court. Lavar out of his own mouth said "she's the smart one."


This same lavar. is helping his wife get better at home(not saying that's the best choice but its his and his family's choice) . lavar is the one that said he didn't care if her eye was drooping, that was still his wife.

Quote:
Either way, he knows the system, because he came up through it. LaVar played college ball in the mid-1980s and early 1990s but never had the guidance -- or anywhere near the skill and talent -- that his sons have. He was athletic enough that former New York Jets executive James Harris signed him in 1994 to see if he could be turned into a football player. (He played one year of tight end in college.) The most impactful thing to come out of the time he spent in the systems of the Jets and Carolina Panthers was enough money to send home to Tina so she could buy a house that was big enough for them to raise their future kids, whom LaVar was certain would be boys.


^Does that sound like a bad guy to you DMR? that sounds like a so called "REAL MAN", a legit HUSBAND. We know there's a lot of husbands that would've taken that money to the strip club, spent it on hookers & coke, or just gambled half of it away. We could name athletes that have taken one of those 3 roads. and some were mega stars.


Why is he so loud? The man is a trainer. a lot of trainers are loud like that. But he's also a promoter of his kids and the family brand. He's by nature the loudest person in the family. He's the one that has more to say than any other family member by nature. so yes he should be the one up front and center while everyone else just does their job which is have fun playing basketball and do well with it.

Quote:
Before he had sons to work with, LaVar trained "pigeons, dogs, frogs. Anything."
Pigeons?
"Yep," he says. "I make pigeons just do backflips in the air when I clap my hands like that."
Even Lonzo busts up laughing at that one.
LaVar keeps going.
"I'm a trainer. That's my passion," he says. "It ain't basketball. My boys, their passion is balling."
These days, LaVar's training regimen begins early. He's up by 5 a.m., prepping two rounds of breakfast -- first at 7 a.m. for his two younger sons, LiAngelo and LaMelo, who are still in high school, then a few hours later for Lonzo.
After breakfast, Lonzo heads to a local basketball court to train with Darren Moore, a former LaVar client. Lonzo picks up lunch from Subway on the way home, then naps until his younger brothers get home from school around 3 p.m.
They all go out in the afternoon to run the steep hills in nearby Chino Hills State Park with four or five other players LaVar trains. While they run, LaVar yells out their times. If you're going to play at the fast pace the Ball brothers do, you can never get tired. And everything is a competition.

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/page/presents19367606/how-lonzo-ball-father-lavar-ball-captured-our-attention


^^understanding these things is why I was never MAD at lavar. I understand who he is and why he does what he does. doesn't mean he wont do something completely wrong in the near future. But as of today. from what we know. this stuff is actually blown way out of proportion.

For example. sports talk radio this morning was talking about how they found out after doing some research that lavar was not the only coach to pull his team out of a game or two. other coaches did the same thing at the exact same tournament. some were coaches of kids at different age levels. They also learned that this is not a new thing for AAU coaches. This is par for the course. so once again, the media made a huuge story about lavar taking his kids off the court "taking his ball and going home." as if, that was very unusual for that AAU circuit. I keep trying to tell you guys. look at these things within the proper context. don't just blindly go the hate/negative route because you don't like that he's loud and proud.

and as far as "if the success you have panned out for them doesn't work" that ship has sailed. and the ball family is on it. It has already worked for them. No telling how much they got for that reality show. We still don't know how many of those "premium" shoes he's sold. Let alone the T-shirts. Zo is already in the nba sitting on a few mil. He could suck and retire next week. and still cash out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2016
Posts: 1152

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:23 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
governator wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
Quote:
This guy is a successful father


What does this mean? How low are we setting the bar now?


Separate basketball from life. LaVar is an obnoxious loud mouth insulting father/coach of basketball players... that's it. Do any of us know anything about his life beside basketball, all we know is he's raising 3 sons who doesn't get into trouble and getting education


What education have they gotten? They play ball at a high level and will get a free ride because of it. Lonzo went to college to play basketball for 1 year and then left. His education is done for the foreseeable future, unless he decides to go back for some reason.

So, "not getting into trouble" is basically what we're praising this guy for? As it's been said before, that's a pretty damn low bar to set. Billions of fathers do that and don't have to act like an misogynous A-hole and cry-baby in doing so.
wait so that's a low bar?

you do realize these kids have been in school since they were little. that means if they were bad with the books. That would've come out by now. but that's not what we've heard. we've heard they are good in the classroom. do you know that's not an easy task. sure some kids are born highly intelligent and some are born with a desire to study. but if they are not born with that desire. its hard to get a smart kid to do his/her homework. especially boys. and let alone 3 of them.
lets stop acting like its all easy peezy. just so you can find another reason to be mad at lavar.

OH we should only wait until ZO go's back to school and gets a degree to say "lavar did a great job"

that's silly thinking at best. he did a great job because he put his children in a position to be successful business wise early in life and possibly set them up to attain wealth. the main reason we go to college is to get a good job and make good money so we can take care of ourselves and our families if we choose to have one later in life. sure you may learn some life lessons while there. sure you might meet your wife there. sure may learn about a few other subjects. but lets not kid ourselves. School for most people is a means to an end. You go there so you wont be broke. Well the ball kids right now have surpassed that already. don't hate...congratulate.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 May 2005
Posts: 41184

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:53 am    Post subject:

Something has gone terribly wrong when you get banned from a message board but have to create a new account so you can fanboy LaVar Ball.
_________________
14-5-3-12
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2016
Posts: 1152

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Something has gone terribly wrong when you get banned from a message board but have to create a new account so you can fanboy LaVar Ball.
something has gone terribly wrong when you worry about someone with a different opinion than yours and the best you can do is drop hints praying what you would like to happen to lavar, happens to another poster on this site.

Quote:
Definition of ad hominem
1
: appealing to feelings or prejudices rather than intellect an ad hominem argument
2
: marked by or being an attack on an opponent's character rather than by an answer to the contentions made
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2016
Posts: 1152

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:09 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
When I hear him talk.... Lavar sounds like the guy selling bootleg merchandise outside of Staples Center before the game.

I really don't want or need that glow-in-the-dark fidget spinner... but I'll be damned if he doesn't try to make it sound like the greatest thing ever.

The question remains. is Lonzo, and the other two sons Glow in the dark fidget spinners? we will find out about the eldest one soon enough.

now as for the ZO2's. those shoes just might be glow in the dark fidget spinners.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 May 2005
Posts: 41184

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
something has gone terribly wrong when you worry about someone with a different opinion than yours and the best you can do is drop hints praying what you would like to happen to lavar, happens to another poster on this site.


I'm not worried about your opinion. It was very predictable. And I'm not dropping hints about anything that I would like to happen to LaVar. Don't know where that came from. Just pointing out that you were banned from this message board, and instead of finding another place to post your rambles you created a new account for the purposes of fanboying LaVar Ball ad nauseum. And you can drop the pretense man, you're not exactly a master of disguise.
_________________
14-5-3-12
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 May 2005
Posts: 27632

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
governator wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
Quote:
This guy is a successful father


What does this mean? How low are we setting the bar now?


Separate basketball from life. LaVar is an obnoxious loud mouth insulting father/coach of basketball players... that's it. Do any of us know anything about his life beside basketball, all we know is he's raising 3 sons who doesn't get into trouble and getting education


What education have they gotten? They play ball at a high level and will get a free ride because of it. Lonzo went to college to play basketball for 1 year and then left. His education is done for the foreseeable future, unless he decides to go back for some reason.

So, "not getting into trouble" is basically what we're praising this guy for? As it's been said before, that's a pretty damn low bar to set. Billions of fathers do that and don't have to act like an misogynous A-hole and cry-baby in doing so.
wait so that's a low bar?

you do realize these kids have been in school since they were little. that means if they were bad with the books. That would've come out by now. but that's not what we've heard. we've heard they are good in the classroom. do you know that's not an easy task. sure some kids are born highly intelligent and some are born with a desire to study. but if they are not born with that desire. its hard to get a smart kid to do his/her homework. especially boys. and let alone 3 of them.
lets stop acting like its all easy peezy. just so you can find another reason to be mad at lavar.

OH we should only wait until ZO go's back to school and gets a degree to say "lavar did a great job"

that's silly thinking at best. he did a great job because he put his children in a position to be successful business wise early in life and possibly set them up to attain wealth. the main reason we go to college is to get a good job and make good money so we can take care of ourselves and our families if we choose to have one later in life. sure you may learn some life lessons while there. sure you might meet your wife there. sure may learn about a few other subjects. but lets not kid ourselves. School for most people is a means to an end. You go there so you wont be broke. Well the ball kids right now have surpassed that already. don't hate...congratulate.


I congratulate Dell Curry. His kids a way more successful than Lavar's and he doesn't feel the need to make it about himself, be disrespectful to women or display unsportsmanlike conduct on the sidelines.

I congratulate Bill Walton, who's son is very successful. Bill is an entertainer, an eccentric personality, but again, doesn't have to berate women in public and embraces the life and basketball values of John Wooden.

That's the bar. Lavar falls far far below it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 May 2005
Posts: 41184

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
governator wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
Quote:
This guy is a successful father


What does this mean? How low are we setting the bar now?


Separate basketball from life. LaVar is an obnoxious loud mouth insulting father/coach of basketball players... that's it. Do any of us know anything about his life beside basketball, all we know is he's raising 3 sons who doesn't get into trouble and getting education


What education have they gotten? They play ball at a high level and will get a free ride because of it. Lonzo went to college to play basketball for 1 year and then left. His education is done for the foreseeable future, unless he decides to go back for some reason.

So, "not getting into trouble" is basically what we're praising this guy for? As it's been said before, that's a pretty damn low bar to set. Billions of fathers do that and don't have to act like an misogynous A-hole and cry-baby in doing so.
wait so that's a low bar?

you do realize these kids have been in school since they were little. that means if they were bad with the books. That would've come out by now. but that's not what we've heard. we've heard they are good in the classroom. do you know that's not an easy task. sure some kids are born highly intelligent and some are born with a desire to study. but if they are not born with that desire. its hard to get a smart kid to do his/her homework. especially boys. and let alone 3 of them.
lets stop acting like its all easy peezy. just so you can find another reason to be mad at lavar.

OH we should only wait until ZO go's back to school and gets a degree to say "lavar did a great job"

that's silly thinking at best. he did a great job because he put his children in a position to be successful business wise early in life and possibly set them up to attain wealth. the main reason we go to college is to get a good job and make good money so we can take care of ourselves and our families if we choose to have one later in life. sure you may learn some life lessons while there. sure you might meet your wife there. sure may learn about a few other subjects. but lets not kid ourselves. School for most people is a means to an end. You go there so you wont be broke. Well the ball kids right now have surpassed that already. don't hate...congratulate.


I congratulate Dell Curry. His kids a way more successful than Lavar's and he doesn't feel the need to make it about himself, be disrespectful to women or display unsportsmanlike conduct on the sidelines.

I congratulate Bill Walton, who's son is very successful. Bill is an entertainer, an eccentric personality, but again, doesn't have to berate women in public and embraces the life and basketball values of John Wooden.

That's the bar. Lavar falls far far below it.


I have known way too many outstanding and successful people with awful parents to be quick to give anyone's parents too much credit. There are times when LaVar's buffoon act is funny and endearing and other times when he's just a buffoon. There are people that identify strongly with the bad stuff (out of control ego, narcissism, ideas about masculinity and how women should be treated) and use Lonzo's success to justify LaVar's antics. His kids are going to college so he can do and say whatever he wants. That argument kinda only flies when you look at LaVar and wish you were looking in the mirror.
_________________
14-5-3-12
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
gr818
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 17 Jul 2014
Posts: 49

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Anybody who feels some type of way because of Lavar, needs to have a better understanding of basketball.

If you've been around the game and played in other parts of the country, you know the game is not the same everywhere. An AYSO game is much different than a park league in NY or TX. I've seen and heard some sh*t playing and being around the game over the years. Only then you realize how bad some of these players need to win to survive. They are fighting to make it out and most won't.

So personalities like Lavar are a dime a dozen in the game. Maybe your experience has been more enriched and fun in the game, but understand that the game means something different for others. He's just a great sh*t talker and that's his game. He's just trying to win the best way he can.

I don't agree with everything, but I understand where he's coming from and I can't hate on his heart and fight in him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 5897

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject:

Dell Curry and Bill Walton are already famous. LaVar basically came out of nowhere and now everybody's heard of big baller brand.
“(LaVar) just said it's marketing,” Johnson told ESPN's Ramona Shelburne. “ That's what he had to do to market not only his son but the brand. Before I met him I ...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 24788

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
Quote:
This guy is a successful father


What does this mean? How low are we setting the bar now?


This has always been the comment that gates me most about this. There is much more tan being a "successful" father than simply raising a successful athlete. There is MUCH more that goes into the package of being a solid, conscientious and appropriate parent.

Your kid should go into adulthood realizing that if the "success" you have laid out for them doesn't work out, they can still have the example of a calm, respectable and respectful parent to draw from for how to proceed in life.

This whole, "Lavar Ball has done a great job of raising a successful athlete, so we gotta sit back and accept the inappropriate behavior" attitude doesn't fly . . . AT ALL.



Beyond that, there isn't a direct line between what a person achieves and his character and whether or not his father did a good job. I know plenty of successful, caring people who had crappy father so I don't sign onto the notion that he automatically gets credit for anything his kids do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 May 2005
Posts: 27632

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:34 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Dell Curry and Bill Walton are already famous. LaVar basically came out of nowhere and now everybody's heard of big baller brand.
“(LaVar) just said it's marketing,” Johnson told ESPN's Ramona Shelburne. “ That's what he had to do to market not only his son but the brand. Before I met him I ...


Curry and Walton don't seek the attention. They allow their kid's abilities to speak for themselves.

And if the idea that Lavar needs to be misogynist, pompous and display unsportsmanlike conduct in order to build his brand, then he's already failing. Adidas won't be extended a deal to Lonzo and I bet the other big brands won't either unless he comes at a basement bargain price.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 Jul 2010
Posts: 4185
Location: Orange County

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:34 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
ocho wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Personally, I think it'd be better for everyone if people just ignored this douchebag.
but thats the thing. for the most part he hasnt really shown he's a douchebag...


You're going to defend him regardless it seems, but being loud, unsportsmanlike, and dismissing women referees is actually being a D-bag.
you're going to do the opposite it seems. everything he says and does is dbaggery to you. literally everything. how is that possible. when all the man has done was put his kids in a great position to do well in life? all 3 of them to my knowledge are very good students. 1 of them just left UCLA, the other is on his way. supposedly the 3rd will be on his way. again to my knowledge Lonzo went to class like a student, not like most athletes that know for a fact they are going pro the following season. now how did all of that happen when your pops is a dbag and he's in your life 24/7? obviously we have to give mama ball some props. but there is no way your dad could be this huge dbag all the time, every day, every hour and every minute of life and his sons keep turning out to be solid people. something aint adding up.

Either they are blind and deaf. therefore they can't hear or see their father. or he isnt what you think he is and you are caught up in disliking some of the things he does because you personally wouldnt handle it that way or you dont understand why he's doing what he's doing.

i've even heard peopel say he's selfish. how so? everytime i look up his kids are wearing all the newest latest expensive shoes. they live in a nice home in a pretty decent neighborhood, and now 2 out of the 3 are driving very nice cars. one is in the nba making millions.

again. i hear you. but i aint seeing it. now that doesnt mean he wont do something dbagger in the future. it surely could happen. just like it could happen for anyone.

lets understand something first. he's been this person before the cameras. he's not putting on a show so to speak. if there were no cameras. he would say the same stuff and act the same way. get at the same refs. men and women. yell at the kids when they are sucking out there on the court. yell at his son for not playing any defense and being selfish. while talking about he would beat old man jordan while smirking as if he aint darn near as old as mike himself.

Not one person that was at the game actually said he was wrong about the the ref. what they did do is try to go back to the colin cow cohost situation. which wasnt sexist either. and we already talked about that setup of a show. see just because you dont like someones approach to something. doesnt mean you should chase them around in hopes to find them doing something wrong so you can say "yeah ... you got what you deserve." this is exactly what you guys are doing. most of you hate the man. and think he's the worse thing on earth. someone just called him donald trump. next he will be hitler. if you hate someone that much. why on earth do you guys keep talking about him? i have never in life talked about someone i hate this much. maybe thats just me. but its hilarious to watch you guys lose your minds over some old man daddy trying to get his kids to the pros and train kids and get them to schools via the aau circuit. thats all this is actually about to be honest.


Ok, so how long have u been on Lavars payroll? Or are u just swinging from his nuts for the hell of it? The lengths you go to in order to defend the guy is outrageous.... More so than any lengths ANYONE on here goes to, to bash on him. It must be exhausting trying to put out all these fires. Lol.


Its not a surprise that postandpivot idolizes LaVar. Before LaVar became famous, PnP was posting about how he could score on NBA players and they couldn't defend him.
splash actually has played vs nba players before. so if PnP did that too. then he is well within his rights to make such a statement.

see its funny there's a lot of people who only played a certain type of basketball whether thats in a league or not. if the comp you're going against during your hayday was subpar then I understand why you would assume "there's no way any normal basketball player could score on the likes of [insert nba player, star or non star]."


Did you just refer to yourself in the 3rd person while trying to deflect the obvious fact you are pnp?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 38988
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:07 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
ocho wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Personally, I think it'd be better for everyone if people just ignored this douchebag.
but thats the thing. for the most part he hasnt really shown he's a douchebag...


You're going to defend him regardless it seems, but being loud, unsportsmanlike, and dismissing women referees is actually being a D-bag.
you're going to do the opposite it seems. everything he says and does is dbaggery to you. literally everything. how is that possible. when all the man has done was put his kids in a great position to do well in life? all 3 of them to my knowledge are very good students. 1 of them just left UCLA, the other is on his way. supposedly the 3rd will be on his way. again to my knowledge Lonzo went to class like a student, not like most athletes that know for a fact they are going pro the following season. now how did all of that happen when your pops is a dbag and he's in your life 24/7? obviously we have to give mama ball some props. but there is no way your dad could be this huge dbag all the time, every day, every hour and every minute of life and his sons keep turning out to be solid people. something aint adding up.

Either they are blind and deaf. therefore they can't hear or see their father. or he isnt what you think he is and you are caught up in disliking some of the things he does because you personally wouldnt handle it that way or you dont understand why he's doing what he's doing.

i've even heard peopel say he's selfish. how so? everytime i look up his kids are wearing all the newest latest expensive shoes. they live in a nice home in a pretty decent neighborhood, and now 2 out of the 3 are driving very nice cars. one is in the nba making millions.

again. i hear you. but i aint seeing it. now that doesnt mean he wont do something dbagger in the future. it surely could happen. just like it could happen for anyone.

lets understand something first. he's been this person before the cameras. he's not putting on a show so to speak. if there were no cameras. he would say the same stuff and act the same way. get at the same refs. men and women. yell at the kids when they are sucking out there on the court. yell at his son for not playing any defense and being selfish. while talking about he would beat old man jordan while smirking as if he aint darn near as old as mike himself.

Not one person that was at the game actually said he was wrong about the the ref. what they did do is try to go back to the colin cow cohost situation. which wasnt sexist either. and we already talked about that setup of a show. see just because you dont like someones approach to something. doesnt mean you should chase them around in hopes to find them doing something wrong so you can say "yeah ... you got what you deserve." this is exactly what you guys are doing. most of you hate the man. and think he's the worse thing on earth. someone just called him donald trump. next he will be hitler. if you hate someone that much. why on earth do you guys keep talking about him? i have never in life talked about someone i hate this much. maybe thats just me. but its hilarious to watch you guys lose your minds over some old man daddy trying to get his kids to the pros and train kids and get them to schools via the aau circuit. thats all this is actually about to be honest.


Ok, so how long have u been on Lavars payroll? Or are u just swinging from his nuts for the hell of it? The lengths you go to in order to defend the guy is outrageous.... More so than any lengths ANYONE on here goes to, to bash on him. It must be exhausting trying to put out all these fires. Lol.


Its not a surprise that postandpivot idolizes LaVar. Before LaVar became famous, PnP was posting about how he could score on NBA players and they couldn't defend him.
splash actually has played vs nba players before. so if PnP did that too. then he is well within his rights to make such a statement.

see its funny there's a lot of people who only played a certain type of basketball whether thats in a league or not. if the comp you're going against during your hayday was subpar then I understand why you would assume "there's no way any normal basketball player could score on the likes of [insert nba player, star or non star]."


Did you just refer to yourself in the 3rd person while trying to deflect the obvious fact you are pnp?


Wait . . . so pnp thinks no one knows his splashmtn ID is really pnp returned from the dead. AND he's not only foolish enough to think that, but he's silly enough to not only refer to himself in third person, but is ridiculous enough to do so in shortened nickname form?

Oh man. That'd be hilarious if it were not so pathetic.
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 20 Jul 2005
Posts: 18902
Location: UCLA -> NY

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:08 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
nickuku wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
ocho wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Personally, I think it'd be better for everyone if people just ignored this douchebag.
but thats the thing. for the most part he hasnt really shown he's a douchebag...


You're going to defend him regardless it seems, but being loud, unsportsmanlike, and dismissing women referees is actually being a D-bag.
you're going to do the opposite it seems. everything he says and does is dbaggery to you. literally everything. how is that possible. when all the man has done was put his kids in a great position to do well in life? all 3 of them to my knowledge are very good students. 1 of them just left UCLA, the other is on his way. supposedly the 3rd will be on his way. again to my knowledge Lonzo went to class like a student, not like most athletes that know for a fact they are going pro the following season. now how did all of that happen when your pops is a dbag and he's in your life 24/7? obviously we have to give mama ball some props. but there is no way your dad could be this huge dbag all the time, every day, every hour and every minute of life and his sons keep turning out to be solid people. something aint adding up.

Either they are blind and deaf. therefore they can't hear or see their father. or he isnt what you think he is and you are caught up in disliking some of the things he does because you personally wouldnt handle it that way or you dont understand why he's doing what he's doing.

i've even heard peopel say he's selfish. how so? everytime i look up his kids are wearing all the newest latest expensive shoes. they live in a nice home in a pretty decent neighborhood, and now 2 out of the 3 are driving very nice cars. one is in the nba making millions.

again. i hear you. but i aint seeing it. now that doesnt mean he wont do something dbagger in the future. it surely could happen. just like it could happen for anyone.

lets understand something first. he's been this person before the cameras. he's not putting on a show so to speak. if there were no cameras. he would say the same stuff and act the same way. get at the same refs. men and women. yell at the kids when they are sucking out there on the court. yell at his son for not playing any defense and being selfish. while talking about he would beat old man jordan while smirking as if he aint darn near as old as mike himself.

Not one person that was at the game actually said he was wrong about the the ref. what they did do is try to go back to the colin cow cohost situation. which wasnt sexist either. and we already talked about that setup of a show. see just because you dont like someones approach to something. doesnt mean you should chase them around in hopes to find them doing something wrong so you can say "yeah ... you got what you deserve." this is exactly what you guys are doing. most of you hate the man. and think he's the worse thing on earth. someone just called him donald trump. next he will be hitler. if you hate someone that much. why on earth do you guys keep talking about him? i have never in life talked about someone i hate this much. maybe thats just me. but its hilarious to watch you guys lose your minds over some old man daddy trying to get his kids to the pros and train kids and get them to schools via the aau circuit. thats all this is actually about to be honest.


Ok, so how long have u been on Lavars payroll? Or are u just swinging from his nuts for the hell of it? The lengths you go to in order to defend the guy is outrageous.... More so than any lengths ANYONE on here goes to, to bash on him. It must be exhausting trying to put out all these fires. Lol.


Its not a surprise that postandpivot idolizes LaVar. Before LaVar became famous, PnP was posting about how he could score on NBA players and they couldn't defend him.
splash actually has played vs nba players before. so if PnP did that too. then he is well within his rights to make such a statement.

see its funny there's a lot of people who only played a certain type of basketball whether thats in a league or not. if the comp you're going against during your hayday was subpar then I understand why you would assume "there's no way any normal basketball player could score on the likes of [insert nba player, star or non star]."


Did you just refer to yourself in the 3rd person while trying to deflect the obvious fact you are pnp?


Wait . . . so pnp thinks no one knows his splashmtn ID is really pnp returned from the dead. AND he's not only foolish enough to think that, but he's silly enough to not only refer to himself in third person, but is ridiculous enough to do so in shortened nickname form?

Oh man. That'd be hilarious if it were not so pathetic.


Bust out the popcorn. It's unicorn time.
_________________
http://media.giphy.com/media/zNyBPu5hEFpu/giphy.gif
http://bartsblackboard.com/files/2009/11/The-Simpsons-05x18-Burns-Heir.jpg

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 25692

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:11 am    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
nickuku wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
ocho wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Personally, I think it'd be better for everyone if people just ignored this douchebag.
but thats the thing. for the most part he hasnt really shown he's a douchebag...


You're going to defend him regardless it seems, but being loud, unsportsmanlike, and dismissing women referees is actually being a D-bag.
you're going to do the opposite it seems. everything he says and does is dbaggery to you. literally everything. how is that possible. when all the man has done was put his kids in a great position to do well in life? all 3 of them to my knowledge are very good students. 1 of them just left UCLA, the other is on his way. supposedly the 3rd will be on his way. again to my knowledge Lonzo went to class like a student, not like most athletes that know for a fact they are going pro the following season. now how did all of that happen when your pops is a dbag and he's in your life 24/7? obviously we have to give mama ball some props. but there is no way your dad could be this huge dbag all the time, every day, every hour and every minute of life and his sons keep turning out to be solid people. something aint adding up.

Either they are blind and deaf. therefore they can't hear or see their father. or he isnt what you think he is and you are caught up in disliking some of the things he does because you personally wouldnt handle it that way or you dont understand why he's doing what he's doing.

i've even heard peopel say he's selfish. how so? everytime i look up his kids are wearing all the newest latest expensive shoes. they live in a nice home in a pretty decent neighborhood, and now 2 out of the 3 are driving very nice cars. one is in the nba making millions.

again. i hear you. but i aint seeing it. now that doesnt mean he wont do something dbagger in the future. it surely could happen. just like it could happen for anyone.

lets understand something first. he's been this person before the cameras. he's not putting on a show so to speak. if there were no cameras. he would say the same stuff and act the same way. get at the same refs. men and women. yell at the kids when they are sucking out there on the court. yell at his son for not playing any defense and being selfish. while talking about he would beat old man jordan while smirking as if he aint darn near as old as mike himself.

Not one person that was at the game actually said he was wrong about the the ref. what they did do is try to go back to the colin cow cohost situation. which wasnt sexist either. and we already talked about that setup of a show. see just because you dont like someones approach to something. doesnt mean you should chase them around in hopes to find them doing something wrong so you can say "yeah ... you got what you deserve." this is exactly what you guys are doing. most of you hate the man. and think he's the worse thing on earth. someone just called him donald trump. next he will be hitler. if you hate someone that much. why on earth do you guys keep talking about him? i have never in life talked about someone i hate this much. maybe thats just me. but its hilarious to watch you guys lose your minds over some old man daddy trying to get his kids to the pros and train kids and get them to schools via the aau circuit. thats all this is actually about to be honest.


Ok, so how long have u been on Lavars payroll? Or are u just swinging from his nuts for the hell of it? The lengths you go to in order to defend the guy is outrageous.... More so than any lengths ANYONE on here goes to, to bash on him. It must be exhausting trying to put out all these fires. Lol.


Its not a surprise that postandpivot idolizes LaVar. Before LaVar became famous, PnP was posting about how he could score on NBA players and they couldn't defend him.
splash actually has played vs nba players before. so if PnP did that too. then he is well within his rights to make such a statement.

see its funny there's a lot of people who only played a certain type of basketball whether thats in a league or not. if the comp you're going against during your hayday was subpar then I understand why you would assume "there's no way any normal basketball player could score on the likes of [insert nba player, star or non star]."


Did you just refer to yourself in the 3rd person while trying to deflect the obvious fact you are pnp?


Wait . . . so pnp thinks no one knows his splashmtn ID is really pnp returned from the dead. AND he's not only foolish enough to think that, but he's silly enough to not only refer to himself in third person, but is ridiculous enough to do so in shortened nickname form?

Oh man. That'd be hilarious if it were not so pathetic.


Bust out the popcorn. It's unicorn time.

_________________
www.trendydeckpost.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 25692

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:14 am    Post subject:

gr818 wrote:
Anybody who feels some type of way because of Lavar, needs to have a better understanding of basketball.

If you've been around the game and played in other parts of the country, you know the game is not the same everywhere. An AYSO game is much different than a park league in NY or TX. I've seen and heard some sh*t playing and being around the game over the years. Only then you realize how bad some of these players need to win to survive. They are fighting to make it out and most won't.

So personalities like Lavar are a dime a dozen in the game. Maybe your experience has been more enriched and fun in the game, but understand that the game means something different for others. He's just a great sh*t talker and that's his game. He's just trying to win the best way he can.

I don't agree with everything, but I understand where he's coming from and I can't hate on his heart and fight in him.
Tru dat
_________________
www.trendydeckpost.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB