We will win 40 games this season, George or no George
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:02 am    Post subject:

People comparing win totals against last season are also not considering we blatantly tanked half of last season. Theres zero incentive to do so this year.

I think free agent shooters are going to gravitate to us due to the Lonzo effect. Weve upgraded at 4 positions ans were gonna run some teams out the building this season.

40!
GreekTrojan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:02 am    Post subject:

Until proven otherwise, we aren't nearly that good. We still have a bottom 5-10 roster (only Sacramento, Philly, and Brooklyn have definitively worse rosters, maybe Orlando). Ingram/Ball might improve and be the truth, but so may everyone else's young guys.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:04 am    Post subject:

How many teams with 2 19 year old starters, an iffy SG won 40 games recently?
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:04 am    Post subject:

Lavar Ball said we make the playoffs, so we make the playoffs dammit

Lavar Ball gonna is going to speak it into existence. Don't doubt Lavar Ball's supernatural powers, he not human.
Lakerpark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:05 am    Post subject:

I just want to see a team that plays hard every minute of every game.

I don't want to hear excuses that so and so is not in shape to play hard the entire time he is on the floor. If they're not in shape, then don't play them till they get in shape.

I want to see players that play both sides of the game, Offense and Defense.

I want to see players smart enough to know what to do on offense. Take what is given to them, not constantly driving to the basket when everyone is playing you to do so.

I want to see guys pass to the open man...no selfish tunnel vision.

I want to see the results of guys working on their weaknesses (not waiting till the offseason to improve).

I don't want to see entitled, overly cocky prima donnas who are more concerned about their instagrams or Hollywood love lifes.

I don't want to see overpaid veterans who raked in a toxic contract and don't come prepared to play when the season starts.

I don't want to see over the hill veterans hanging on and taking up a roster space just because they would be good babysitters. That's what assistant coaches are for.

Is this too much to ask?
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:09 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Rookie kidd - 20 win improvement
Rookie Lebron - 20 win improvement
Rookie Carmelo - 26 win improvement

If you dont think we can do it. You just dont think Lonzo is that type of talent

Age doesnt matter when youre a transcendent talent. Well win more ballgames. Book it
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:09 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Did that vote to extend the season to 120 games get approved?

Silver approved a lottery bracket playoffs. I think the games will be aired on TBS after Conan.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:12 am    Post subject:

Since this is the optimistic thread, I'll pray for 42 wins and a playoff victory. Will it into existence, Lavar!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:13 am    Post subject:

ingle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

If you dont think we can do it. You just dont think Lonzo is that type of talent

Age doesnt matter when youre a transcendent talent. Well win more ballgames. Book it

Dude, Dallas won 11 and 13 games in 1992/93. So you're starting from a much more manageable improvement. If we won 11 games, I'd say winning 30 the next year would be possible.

Lonzo isn't Lebron.

This is the kind of hype that sets you up for disappointment. I like Lonzo a lot but I'm also not going to give him the DLO treatment that will inevitably come when a 19 year old kid struggles in the NBA at first.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:14 am    Post subject:

I'll also be very surprised if we win more than 30 games.

On the plus side: we're not tanking, and hopefully we'll have average luck with injuries, not terrible luck like last year.

That said - Lonzo's a kid and PG is a hard position to learn in the NBA. He's going to need to be a great communicator on defense, and players like Randle are going to need to adapt their games to play to Lonzo's strengths.''

PG - Weak at first, strong once Lonzo learns the NBA game. He's going to be covering some speedy PG's who can burn him, and anybody, 1:1. How well does Lonzo communicate with the rest of the team on defense, and are our bigs going to be any better at reading and reacting than they were last year? Who do we have to back him up? Is Ennis coming back? Or are we relying on Clarkson?

SG - Weak. Clarkson can score, but is an awful defender and he's prone to chucking. I like Brewer but he's not a very big scoring threat. Hart and Dozier are rookies. I'm happy to see Hart b/c he may be a 2 way player but he's a rookie nonethless. We're going to get burned here until PG13 shows up next summer.

SF - Weak. Brandon Ingram was making strides late last year but he's still a skinny 19 y.o. and Deng's best years as a 3 are long past him. I'm confident Ingram's shot will be much improved, but it would be nice to see him break through that 200lb barrier when he steps on the scale.

PF - Pretty strong. IF Randle continues to improve in the team aspects of this game we're pretty good here. Big if, especially on defense, but it could happen. Nance - I'm pretty confident in his contributions. Deng - I actually think he's a pretty good NBA 4 at this stage of his career if he gets playing time, albatross contract or not. We've also got either Robinson or Kuzma hanging around for spot minutes too.

C - Surprisingly solid for this year on the traditional center role. Brook Lopez is no slouch at center, provided Randle and others can pick up on the rebounding Brook doesn't do. Solid scorer with range beyond the 3 point line. Very good to have him here or a year while Zubac continues to develop. By the time he's gone, I think Ivica Zubac has a ton of potential to be a very good center. As for mobile bigs at small ball time, Randle is OK, maybe Nance, or if Tarik Black is still around he's good at it, but meh. Might be better off with Lopez and his 3 point range, we'll see.

Hard for me to picture a roster this incomplete on experience from 1 through 3 winning more than 30 games.
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:22 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
ingle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Dude, Dallas won 11 and 13 games in 1992/93. So you're starting from a much more manageable improvement. If we won 11 games, I'd say winning 30 the next year would be possible.

Lonzo isn't Lebron.

This is the kind of hype that sets you up for disappointment. I like Lonzo a lot but I'm also not going to give him the DLO treatment that will inevitably come when a 19 year old kid struggles in the NBA at first.

Hes no Lebron but im also sure hes even less of a Dlo. Lonzo IS the franchise and the front office views him as such. Hes been proving people wrong and making teams better everywhere hes gone. Hes just a winner. Like hes just unbelievably good at winning,

Now Dlo is a good player, but the reason hes no longer here is because he just wasnt up to the level of a Laker worthy franchise player. 2 straight years of 20 odd wins and shooting 40%. Sorry thats not cutting it. Btw i dont support the DLo trade since we got too little and i think hell be a fine player when he matures
marloveslakers24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:22 am    Post subject:

pass the pipe
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:24 am    Post subject:

ingle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ingle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Lonzo isn't Lebron.

Hes no Lebron but im also sure hes even less of a Dlo. Lonzo IS the franchise and the front office views him as such. Hes been proving people wrong and making teams better everywhere hes gone. Hes just a winner. Like hes just unbelievably good at winning,

Now Dlo is a good player, but the reason hes no longer here is because he just wasnt up to the level of a Laker worthy franchise player. 2 straight years of 20 odd wins and shooting 40%. Sorry thats not cutting it. Btw i dont support the DLo trade since we got too little and i think hell be a fine player when he matures

The BBB supports this post.

Stay in yo lane haters. We gonna watch some real Ball Control!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:24 am    Post subject:

ingle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ingle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Lonzo isn't Lebron.

Not sure how you went from Kidd/Lebron to talking about DLO.

My point is that he's 19, and not on a particularly stacked team (unless Pg13 comes). We won 26 games off the backs of Lou/DLo/Swaggy, all 3 are gone. We have to replace a lot of firepower.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:25 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
ingle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ingle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Lonzo isn't Lebron.

Sigh. Don't start with the whole "haters" crap again. We've had 2 tumultuous years of DLO, let's enjoy Lonzo grow without diving LG for no reason. I think LG mostly supports him (as do I).
LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:26 am    Post subject:

TYPE IT INTO EXISTENCE!!
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:27 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
ingle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ingle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Lonzo isn't Lebron.

Sigh. Don't start with the whole "haters" crap again. We've had 2 tumultuous years of DLO, let's enjoy Lonzo grow without diving LG for no reason. I think LG mostly supports him (as do I).

I don't see enough Big Baller in you playa.
Kirby Brian
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:29 am    Post subject:

Cool. Thanks for letting us know!
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:29 am    Post subject:

LakesGnrLake wrote:
TYPE IT INTO EXISTENCE!!

We shall speak it and type it into existence. All apart of our founder and visionary's plan, Lavar Ball.

Brought to you by the Big Baller Brand.
RusselDoeee01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:31 am    Post subject:

LOL

Without George we are going to be worse than last year.

DLo won some games for us with some good scoring outings. Lonzo probably won't even score 30 in a game this year.

He is more of a distributor and he has no one to distribute to.

Yikes... Clarkson is going to be chucking more than ever... which is definitely not a good thing
LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:34 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
ingle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ingle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Lonzo isn't Lebron.

To be honest I think Lonzo will be better than Dlo was last year. Athletically he is already miles ahead and we get to see a player whose motor and tenacity has never been questioned. I get the feeling he is one who is dying to get better. Summer League can't get here soon enough.
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:37 am    Post subject:

ingle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Russell Westbrook rookie year 23 games won
Durant rookie year 20 games won.

You = fantasy land.
RusselDoeee01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:37 am    Post subject:

ingle wrote:
People comparing win totals against last season are also not considering we blatantly tanked half of last season. Theres zero incentive to do so this year.

I think free agent shooters are going to gravitate to us due to the Lonzo effect. Weve upgraded at 4 positions ans were gonna run some teams out the building this season.

40!

The Lonzo effect? NBA players already on Twitter mocking Lonzo. He has a target on his back already.

Nobody is going to want to go play with a guy whose dad will be yelling at your from the stands every time you don't pass his son the ball.

How did we upgrade at 4 positions?

PG- Lonzo vs DLo? I'm pretty confident in his first year Lonzo will struggle as do all rookies.

Sg: we don't have one

Sf: Ingram ideally will be better with age but still wouldn't consider it an upgrade.

PF: same players

Center:Lopez is an upgrade... IF he doesn't get injured like usual
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:38 am    Post subject:

Lonzos the chosen one. If hes not better than DLo was last season ill delete my account.

You wont ever question his effort or motor. That alone elevates him above DLo for me. Your PG has to lead.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:38 am    Post subject:

ingle wrote:
Lonzos the chosen one. If hes not better than DLo was last season ill delete my account.

You wont ever question his effort or motor. That alone elevates him above DLo for me. Your PG has to lead.

Again, why the focus on DLO? What happened to Lebron/Kidd/Melo effect? Quite a downgrade, no?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 2 of 20
Jump to: